Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Coulson killed some people doing their very important and secretive job, and because of it a super villain got access to the material inside the base to become even more super villainy...justifying the lengths the guards went through to try and protect it in the first place. Dick move on his part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Delsaber posted:

Y'all are just mad that Bob died.

Tiny Age of Ultron spoiler I'm almost sure Bob was the guy at the start of Ultron going "No it wasn't." when Stark said "Was a good talk." Seems too flippant to be anyone else.

tastychicken fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 2, 2015

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

I suddenly wonder if they should have tried to sneak some blood off of the Kree dude after knocking him out. It's hella dangerous but it's still a miracle drug that could revolutionize medicine. I guess with comic book logic it's probably a dangerous forbidden thing humans should never ever mess with again despite the potential for amazing things like the Tesseract (and Captain America's blood in Agent Carter, come to think of it), though.

I get why they don't use it as it's too convenient for just reviving any any everyone when you can just inject them with Kree blood then show them a trainset from the top down once they start carving things. Or people.

Oh and by the way you loving heathens its Coulson, as in Son of Coul :colbert:

edit: AoU spoiler lol Coulson taking huge risks just to get a Quinn jet in the s2 premiere and Fury is rolling around in a Helicarrier. I don't think one will ever show up in AoS either, it seems like one of those strictly movie things that putting in TV would make cheap. If it weren't then Adama Gonzalez would have one rather than a conventional carrier.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 2, 2015

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

XboxPants posted:

You're probably right, but there was zero reason not to just use icers. The icers are actually more effective than standard weapons since they turn every shots into 1-shot KOs, no matter where you hit.

But forgetting the icers was basically nothing more than a continuity error, and there's nothing more to be gained from analyzing that aspect than any other continuity error.

Not using icers wasn't a continuity error, they don't use them all the time (which as you say is stupid as they are better than normal guns).
Unless you are using a definition of continuity error that I am not aware of.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Mr Beens posted:

Not using icers wasn't a continuity error, they don't use them all the time (which as you say is stupid as they are better than normal guns).
Unless you are using a definition of continuity error that I am not aware of.

Any definition I know of includes errors not just in the production/prop/costuming side, but writing errors too. Like if they establish a character's birthday as being in June in an offhand comment and then later give them a birthday episode in winter.

I'm probably stretching the definition a bit but I feel like making your characters forget that they have a gadget that's perfect for the situation at hand could be considered a type of continuity error, and it happens all the time in sci-fi shows.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

boom boom boom posted:

That was the worst looking running from an explosion effect I've ever seen. How does this show look so cheap? They have to have a bigger budget than Arrow, right?

I think Arrow does practical effects almost exclusively, while Shield has a bunch of people with super powers and other things that require cgi. I haven't noticed any bad effects on the show, but doing these things on a TV budget is bound to look worse, than a show that doesn't do these things at all. Plus I imagine Shield has bigger cast expenses.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

I get why they don't use it as it's too convenient for just reviving any any everyone when you can just inject them with Kree blood then show them a trainset from the top down once they start carving things. Or people.

Oh and by the way you loving heathens its Coulson, as in Son of Coul :colbert:

edit: AoU spoiler lol Coulson taking huge risks just to get a Quinn jet in the s2 premiere and Fury is rolling around in a Helicarrier. I don't think one will ever show up in AoS either, it seems like one of those strictly movie things that putting in TV would make cheap. If it weren't then Adama Gonzalez would have one rather than a conventional carrier.

About that, I'm thinking just maybe Gonzales Secret (speculation based on AoU spoilers) Is his carrier's vault has an activation device to pop out a bunch of rockets and convert it into a helicarrier. That's why Fury wanted it destroyed during winter soldier instead of Hydra tying their hands on it. Now Coulson will get his hands on it and get it to Fury.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

MaximumBob posted:

Oh man we're going to get to repeat the did Ward shoot the dog discussion soon!

Please no

Anything but that

he obviously did

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
What's the timeframe of AoU like? Does it happen start to end in the span of the week between this and the next episode?

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

mythicknight posted:

Please no

Anything but that

he obviously did

They just talked.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Slashrat posted:

What's the timeframe of AoU like? Does it happen start to end in the span of the week between this and the next episode?

It's the initial assault to recover the staff, then three days, then Ultron hits the fan, then a few days until the end of the movie. So yeah, week or so.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 2, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The final complete Deathlok costume better be really cool, the way they're building it up piece by piece.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Ahahahaha OMG Nathan Petrelli's mustache.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I really hope Ward gets replaced by Agent Triplets.

And then Triplets becomes 3-D Man.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

boom boom boom posted:

I really hope Ward gets replaced by Agent Triplets.

And then Triplets becomes 3-D Man.

Nobody tell him!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I support Coulson.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

nooneofconsequence posted:

I support Coulson.

COULSON WAS RIGHT

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Nobody tell him!

Wait, does Triplets seriously become 3-D Man?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Ahahahaha OMG Nathan Petrelli's mustache.

Yeah, it's pretty great. Hell, #TalbotsMustache ended up trending on Twitter any time he was in an episode.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Does May ever get... not the way she is? Glowering and then very occasionally kicking someone but glowering harder about it?

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Does May ever get... not the way she is? Glowering and then very occasionally kicking someone but glowering harder about it?

A little bit. Just in the last couple episodes there's been a lot of focus on humanizing her. Especially once she comes to terms with Triplett being 3-D Man.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

Wait, you haven't caught up yet, right?

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Wait, you haven't caught up yet, right?

He's watching for the first time and has kinda been doing the equivalent of live tweeting his reactions, he seems to be around where Trip and Garrett first show up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Buddington posted:

He's watching for the first time and has kinda been doing the equivalent of live tweeting his reactions, he seems to be around where Trip and Garrett first show up.

I'm almost to the end of the first season. It's gotten a lot better, but I'm mainly just interested in the plot and what Coulson's gonna do with SHIELD. I still don't really care about any of the other character.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Bill Paxton is a great evil spy guy.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Ward dies.

Sorry man.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

enraged_camel posted:

Ward dies.

Sorry man.

Thank god. I've already been spoiled that he doesn't go un-evil, but they're wasting time with all these training flashbacks.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

For the love of god whatever you do don't ask what happened to the dog

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Yeah, we have already reached the consensus that Ward did not shoot him.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Two questions:

1: Do the old timey spy gadgets like the EMP joy buzzer and the laser cigarette get more play in Agent Carter? cause they're a lot more fun than hologram table and Fitz's tiny CGI quad-copters.

2: How much time are the Ward and Garrett in the woods flashbacks supposed to cover? It's enough time to switch actors, so it really seems like Ward's SHIELD/HYDRA training started with him on a forced 8 year long hunting trip.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

AoU spoilers regarding Theta Protocol:

People a week ago were saying that they saw the movie early and had no idea what the Theta Protocol/show tie-in was gonna be. Seriously? It's a loving Helicarrier where Fury explicitly states "he got out of mothballs with the help of Maria Hill and some old friends". Sure you can make an argument for the thing at the end too.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pretty sure he did.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

For the love of god whatever you do don't ask what happened to the dog

Why would I? Ward shot him, it was pretty unambiguous.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

God drat it I just did it didn't I :negative:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't even remember whether I think he shot it or didn't

I only remember the argument

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

God drat it I just did it didn't I :negative:

It's okay I have this machine that can help you forget...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Xtanstic posted:

AoU spoilers regarding Theta Protocol:

People a week ago were saying that they saw the movie early and had no idea what the Theta Protocol/show tie-in was gonna be. Seriously? It's a loving Helicarrier where Fury explicitly states "he got out of mothballs with the help of Maria Hill and some old friends". Sure you can make an argument for the thing at the end too.

Do Helicarriers even have bunks beds?? If so, wouldn't they be built into the bulkheads rather than shipped in from IKEA or wherever? He's clearly building a giant Koenig cloning facility.

I'm pretty sure that May is gonna grill Coulson on Theta Protocol next episode so we could just wait a few days and find out for sure rather than arguing about it? :shrug:

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

boom boom boom posted:

1: Do the old timey spy gadgets like the EMP joy buzzer and the laser cigarette get more play in Agent Carter? cause they're a lot more fun than hologram table and Fitz's tiny CGI quad-copters.

It's an eight episode series, but yeah you'll see a couple of gadgets in play. More than you expected and less than you'd hoped.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Do Helicarriers even have bunks beds?? If so, wouldn't they be built into the bulkheads rather than shipped in from IKEA or wherever? He's clearly building a giant Koenig cloning facility.

I'm pretty sure that May is gonna grill Coulson on Theta Protocol next episode so we could just wait a few days and find out for sure rather than arguing about it? :shrug:

Oh right the bunkbed part. I forgot about that. So it's the second thing then.

You would be right to stop arguing, but it's much funnier to arbitrarily draw lines in the sand and then mock Barry Convex when things don't go according to plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Theta Protocol: I assumed it was the bunk beds and the New Avengers facility they had ready and staffed at the end. Both of those would require a lot of resources being moved around.

• Locked thread