Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Missing Name posted:

I just free xp'd my second tank ever: the Archer. loving hell, I couldn't take it anymore.

And you'll be doing it again with the challenger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Missing Name posted:

I just free xp'd my second tank ever: the Archer. loving hell, I couldn't take it anymore.

I kinda liked the oddity of it, was bizarre to drive everywhere in reverse. Good gun though.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah I like the Archer as well. The silly gimmick is amusing and the gun is pure murder when you get to set up. Also the quick reverse into cover saved my rear end a lot of times.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Wow I am so bad at this game!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Reason posted:

Wow I am so bad at this game!

Same.

2,800 WN8 in my excelsior but only a 46% winrate can average 2,500 damage games in it but can't get wins.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 2, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good or bad news about the 500 kills mission. You need to be in a platoon for the kills to count.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Missing Name posted:

I managed to do okay in the Archer, but the Achilles was just awful. Thankfully I managed to pull through with the power of tier 6 strongholds.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

RandomPauI posted:

Good or bad news about the 500 kills mission. You need to be in a platoon for the kills to count.

Lol, you're actually grinding the disgusting land boat?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
It's 16 kills a day, minimum. I wouldn't exactly call that grinding.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agrajag posted:

That way next time they give away disgusting land boats I get a free 3500 gold :eng101:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

R. Mute posted:

I got past the AMX 38 in 17 games with a winrate of 59% - I gave up on the AMX 40 after 19 at 47%. It's just not a good tank.

It's like God spilled a Matilda.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

The Southern Dandy posted:

Me on TS tonight: "Oh you've really never seen dickbutt before? It's a dick, with a butt, with a dick coming out of its butt."

That's why you have your own channel on TS.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

demonR6 posted:

That's why you have your own channel on TS.

I'm classy. Exhibit A:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9d09JLBVRc

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 3, 2015

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Mesadoram posted:

The more I play the AMX 30p the more I love it. Can't put my finger on why exactly though...

I don't even have the top gun for it yet and I adore it. It's shockingly good, especially compared to the Type 61 and Leopard PTA.

I bought the Object 268 and I don't understand why everyone has been making GBS threads on it lately. It's like an Object 704 that can actually move and turn and poo poo. I'm having a great time in it!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

I think you are ready for a mod hat.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So is there a current goon chat channel in game? The PGS thread doesn't really seem up to date.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CompeAnansi posted:

So is there a current goon chat channel in game? The PGS thread doesn't really seem up to date.

Yes. It's Goons... should be have a password else it's a trap.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

demonR6 posted:

I think you are ready for a mod hat.

There's a lot of funny build-up, but "Little monkey cum rag" just breaks me into laughter.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 3, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

AlmightyPants posted:

I don't even have the top gun for it yet and I adore it. It's shockingly good, especially compared to the Type 61 and Leopard PTA.

Top gun turns it into a murder machine, most of my games have been deep purple wn8 the shells bounce a shocking amount considering how high it's pen is. I suspect confirmation bias.

AlmightyPants posted:

I bought the Object 268 and I don't understand why everyone has been making GBS threads on it lately. It's like an Object 704 that can actually move and turn and poo poo. I'm having a great time in it!

I like my 268 as well, just wish it had a little bit more gun depression...

JungleBoogie
May 24, 2003
JungleBoogie Get down with the boogie
I think I'm ready to try skirmishes out as a Pansy, however I might not have a lot of time till the summer and school ends. Are there any spots available? In game as Fooferton.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

CompeAnansi posted:

PGS thread IS up to date. We just haven't changed the password since then :v:

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

raffie posted:

Does anyone know how bad the ping is from Asia (specifically Singapore) to the US servers?

I downloaded the asian server version a few days ago and i'm having fun, but playing without goons just sucks.

If the ping isn't too bad i don't mind restarting on the US server(s).

edit: Screw it i'm downloading the NA client. I'm going to create a new WG NA account, does anyone want to toss me an invite or referral code?

The ping depends on your net provider really. I get better and more stable ping on US West than Asia, but US East is unplayable.

You also don't need to re download the entire client, there is a region selector mod that changes the few lines between the different clients, saves having to re download everything again

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

subhelios posted:

PGS thread IS up to date. We just haven't changed the password since then :v:

Gotcha. Made it into the channel. Thanks.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I was checking my stats on VBA. How the hell did I get a 2800 WN8 in the IS? No seriously, I'm not that good, and I've got like 85 or so games in it, so it's not like I've had a handful of blowout games in it. I know we all joke about how pubbies can't left click, but come the gently caress on.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Probably the same way I have 3400 in my Caernarvon.

When you figure out what it is, let me know :v:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

3,012 WN8 and 61% wnr in 167 t-34-2 games is my :smug: tank stats

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

I'm not grinding for it or grinding it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Nordick posted:

Sup.

'Tis a great tonk. Highest average XP of all my vehicles, too. Well, apart from the T1 Heavy, but that only has 7 battles that were a good streak, instead of a pretty decent sample size of 183 battles.

I thought the AT-15 was the high point of the line, but I didn't think I did that good in it! Extreme gun angling is my jam apparently:

Note - I hated the AT-8 and AT-7 because moving the gun only 5 degrees in any direction was just too limiting, and also I got penned in the front on the AT-8 where it curves into the roof by a Stug that was a couple meters in front of me. I would prefer to not be penned in my angled frontal armor on my slow "brick" TD by a goddamn lower tier, thanks. That's the whole point of driving a slow lovely turretless tank, you're supposed to be advantaged against the small poo poo in front of you :argh:

T28C is great btw if you can get over being slower to turn than a boat or a plane while also not having a great HP pool to deal with artillery.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
tanks loos4ers armored warfare same poo poo haha we suck l;oser dfick gently caress pacman y u hef to lose~!

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 3, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Agrajag posted:

tanks loos4ers armored warfare same poo poo haha we suck l;oser dfick gently caress

I'm guessing they released the Type 59 in AW?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

I'm guessing they released the Type 59 in AW?

PAAACMAAAN WHYYYY!~~~~ F u MAyweather !

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Rorac posted:

I was checking my stats on VBA. How the hell did I get a 2800 WN8 in the IS? No seriously, I'm not that good, and I've got like 85 or so games in it, so it's not like I've had a handful of blowout games in it. I know we all joke about how pubbies can't left click, but come the gently caress on.

Some tanks are either hard to use, have an utterly poo poo stock grid or attract the mouth breathers like tits on a pig. All will drop the WN8 on a tank. The British heavy's are like this with you needed to only pen three shots with the Conq's top gun to get green WN8. four pens is unicum land.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Finally got the T28 HTC, t5 Leopard, and T37.

T28 HTC: Good, better than expected. Strong armour in a wonky but usable layout, bullies t7s and shitters in t8 heavies, and has an adequate gun for t7-8 battles but it's slow, vulnerable to arty, and sees t9s it can't handle in any meaningful way.
t5 Leopard: Should have bought this ages ago; same t8 battles the Luchs used to see and can actually take a hit from almost every t8 without exploding. Though it does lack the ability to seal club t4-5 battles, it doesn't really need to. I'll have to keep it.
T37: This is just the old Chaffee with a better gun and better matchmaking. What the hell. I'll have to play the bulldog but I might actually keep this.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

JungleBoogie posted:

I think I'm ready to try skirmishes out as a Pansy, however I might not have a lot of time till the summer and school ends. Are there any spots available? In game as Fooferton.

Go post in the PANSY thread about it in PGS. We're talking about entering low tier scrublord Clan Wars.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Played after long break. Panther mit 8.8 seems alright, just feeling sluggish in soft terrain. Playing like a 'coward' (according to a dead pubbie in my team) was highlight of the day.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I've had 3 matches so far today where my team laments that we're going to lose and I tell them to stop staring at their predicted winrate and just enjoy the game.

"lol enjoy the game shut up"

And then we go on to win after they suicide into the enemy :cripes:

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Haquer posted:

I've had 3 matches so far today where my team laments that we're going to lose and I tell them to stop staring at their predicted winrate and just enjoy the game.

"lol enjoy the game shut up"

And then we go on to win after they suicide into the enemy :cripes:

there is no enjoyment in this game

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Why in gently caress are they buffing the is-7 again

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Have they said what the buff is? I'm assuming something to do ground resistance and it never actually getting anywhere within 20kph of its top speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Have they said what the buff is? I'm assuming something to do ground resistance and it never actually getting anywhere within 20kph of its top speed.

Nope, better gunhandling from what I understand of the patchnotes.

IS-7
- Suspension ИС-7: Shot dispersion factor 0.19 / 0.19 ( 0.21 / 0.21 )
- Turret ИС-7: Gun 130 мм С-70
aim time 3.1 ( 3.4 )