Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Yeah, that's what makes me think it was the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I mean it's a little dumb to have a Room of Space and Time and then use something else to move through Space and Time. Bad resource utilization Popo/Toriyama!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah, that's what makes me think it was the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. I mean it's a little dumb to have a Room of Space and Time and then use something else to move through Space and Time. Bad resource utilization Popo/Toriyama!

And have a SECOND Space and Time room, since there was another one seen in Dragon Ball that looked completely different from the one in DBZ.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Beerus the God of destruction, Goku the God of the Saiyans, Yamcha the God of OH gently caress MY BONES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE PAIN

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And Krillin is the God of Death after dying four times.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Rirse posted:

And Krillin is the God of Death after dying four times.

I remember him dying once at the start of the King Piccolo arc, once on Namek, and once to Buu. What's number 4?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Stairmaster posted:

I don't think they even said that.

Nope, they saId you couldn't spend any more than two days in there or the door would disappear.

Because if not the chamber was a bit OP.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mraagvpeine posted:

I remember him dying once at the start of the King Piccolo arc, once on Namek, and once to Buu. What's number 4?

Old Age. There also him dying to the Androids in two other timelines as well.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Mraagvpeine posted:

He died to Super 17 in GT

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

mateo360 posted:

He died to Super 17 in GT

There also him dying to the Androids in two other timelines as well.

Remember, Xenoverse confirms that GT is another timeline.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Watching the end of Cell saga and I noticed that when Cell returns from self-destruct he's gone SSJ2. Presumably he has the potential to go SSJ3 too?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Testekill posted:

There also him dying to the Androids in two other timelines as well.

Remember, Xenoverse confirms that GT is another timeline.

Wait Xenoverse is actually canon with the show?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Wrong thread.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Wait Xenoverse is actually canon with the show?

Very technically, yes. It's slightly more canon than GT in that Toriyama actually did some writing for it where as GT he only really did some designs and signed off on poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

-Fish- posted:

Watching the end of Cell saga and I noticed that when Cell returns from self-destruct he's gone SSJ2. Presumably he has the potential to go SSJ3 too?

Cells potential is about the same as all the other Saiyans since he got their cells in him. That's why he returned so much more powerful after his near death experience, like Saiyans do

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

You know, I find very strange how Krillin got his "always dies" fame. I'd understand if most people in the USA started watching the original DB but as far as I know, over there people are more familiar with DBZ, and with Krillin being one of the very few survivors of the saiyan arc it's kinda weird it stuck.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I remember from my first time watching DBZ some line about Krillin, Chaotzu, and Roshi already dying once, was confused about it for a while, then accepted it and moved on.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You kind of got to view it in the same light as people saying how Raditz was weak even though at one point he was the strongest being on Earth and it took Goku and Piccolo to take him down with Goku dying in the process.

It's one of those things.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Petiso posted:

You know, I find very strange how Krillin got his "always dies" fame. I'd understand if most people in the USA started watching the original DB but as far as I know, over there people are more familiar with DBZ, and with Krillin being one of the very few survivors of the saiyan arc it's kinda weird it stuck.

Considering the average DBZ person died twice (this includes even Yamcha), any times more than two kind of get the "always dies" gimmick. Which includes Krillin and Chiaotzu I think. Also, yeah Krillin didn't die in the Saiyan Saga, but he was the only regular Z fighter to die in the Freeza Saga (I don't count Vegeta yet because apparently the rumor was he was supposed to permanently die there, and Dende is a tertiary character at best).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/05/03/final-majin-buu-arc-box-confirms-dragon-ball-super-start-date/

Kanzenshuu confirming that DB Kai ends on episode 159, with 152 broadcasting next week and they're assuming theres no break so Dragonball Super starts on the 5th of July.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Aurain posted:

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2015/05/03/final-majin-buu-arc-box-confirms-dragon-ball-super-start-date/

Kanzenshuu confirming that DB Kai ends on episode 159, with 152 broadcasting next week and they're assuming theres no break so Dragonball Super starts on the 5th of July.

God drat this is happening fast.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

God drat this is happening fast.

This has to have been in development for a while and they've just been sitting on it like evil gnomes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Did we ever find out if Super is set after BoG/Revival of F?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope Funi is ready with a simuldub, Japanese DBZ isn't something I can handle.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rodyle posted:

I hope Funi is ready with a simuldub, Japanese DBZ isn't something I can handle.

That would be great, but they still havne't bought over of the Buu stuff for Kai. Also still don't get why we never got the Yo Son Goku Returns and that awful looking Bardok Special.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Cause they were awful like you said?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

HGH posted:

Cause they were awful like you said?

Yo Son Goku Returns was fine

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I wish I could get English voiced Goku and Japanese voiced everyone else.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It had turnip picking subplots, something the main series needs.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rodyle posted:

While I prefer the English voice cast, I would be satisfied with day-and-date release on crunchyroll or something...hopefully if that doesn't happen, a fan sub group will pick it up. I NEED this new series in my life.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Yo Son Goku Returns was fine
Oh yeah, woops.
They're both kinda short though right? It'd be a hard sell I feel.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

HGH posted:

Oh yeah, woops.

Frankly I'm surprised they weren't just special features on the Battle of Gods blu-ray.

BTW I had a strange dream last night where Disney World had a new attraction based on Tien and Chiaotzu. Maybe I need to cut back from Dragon Ball for a while.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 3, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

zelah posted:

I wish I could get English voiced Goku and Japanese voiced everyone else.

I didn't know how much I wanted this until right now.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Friends don't let friends hear Japanese Piccolo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

HGH posted:

Oh yeah, woops.

If anything they can dub them both and put them on the Revival of F blu-ray since they both have connections to Frieza.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

projecthalaxy posted:

It had turnip picking subplots, something the main series needs.

I never watched Yo Son Goku but I'm glad it exists because now Dragon Ball wiki has this.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I cant really stand the Funi dubs so Im hoping there are some subtitled versions I can get my hands on asap.

Bring back the ocean dubs for DBSuper~

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Rirse posted:

That would be great, but they still havne't bought over of the Buu stuff for Kai. Also still don't get why we never got the Yo Son Goku Returns and that awful looking Bardok Special.

Someone in this thread said that the Bardock Special was included with DBZ Kinect. That explains a lot.

dr.acula posted:

I cant really stand the Funi dubs so Im hoping there are some subtitled versions I can get my hands on asap.

Bring back the ocean dubs for DBSuper~
Bleh. The Ocean dubs were worse, especially post-Freeza. But then again I love granny Goku, and just wished she didn't voice the other Sons.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 3, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yup, I think at this point the only major DBZ thing that has not gotten an American release is Yo Son Goku

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Isn't Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans also unreleased in the US? I assume since it has Cooler in, its not very big on the DBZ radar anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Thyrork posted:

Isn't Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans also unreleased in the US? I assume since it has Cooler in, its not very big on the DBZ radar anyway.

Think it was included in one of the PS2 games, but they didn't dub it.

• Locked thread