Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
What's that saying " Yes, I remember 2nd edition, Wolfguard terminators with assault cannons and cyclone missile launchers and Eldar raping the poo poo out of everyone across the stars".

Something like that someone here said it. Basically we're back at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone actually played a game with the new Eldar yet?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I've played a few test games with friends, they're pretty hardcore broken below 1200 points if you take any of the D Weapon units or the Jetbikes or play the Warhost.

Basically as long as your opponent is not a tremendous rear end in a top hat doesn't play things like the Warp Charge 4 Eldritch Storm in under 1k games, it's actually a really interesting army and the Aspects are neat.

Having a Apocalyptic Blast cast on your army which has no psychic defense the majority armour save is 3+ and it's a 2+ Fleshbane attack w/ Hay wire is all kinds of fun lemme tell you.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 3, 2015

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Miss anything important in the last 400 pages?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Kilo147 posted:

399 pages of shitposting

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Boon posted:

Has anyone actually played a game with the new Eldar yet?

I played a game on Thursday, though I'm not sure how many conclusions I can really draw from it. He was using a formation and psyker-heavy list against my Mech Guard, I deployed first, and he managed to steal for turn one. Getting off his psychic powers (Invisibility! :argh:) really reduced my ability to put fire on him before he got into assault range, and from there it... didn't go well. Would likely have to play another match or two where he doesn't steal the initiative to actually get a feel for dealing with the new book.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Kilo147 posted:

In rough order

quote:

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

adamantium|wang posted:

In rough order

Not a single vomitmarine? How sad.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Kilo147 posted:

Not a single vomitmarine? How sad.

I don't think vomit marines can compete in the meta anymore. We need vomiting (Wraith-)Knights.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JerryLee posted:

I don't think vomit marines can compete in the meta anymore. We need vomiting (Wraith-)Knights.

Pouring out of the ports under their chests.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Someone please combine the boner jizzing smiley with a wraith knight please

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
Eldar get Strength D Vomit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Supposedly the next release or upcoming board game, no one knows is Genestealer cult and Deathwatch but a genestealer cult army would be kind of crazy awesome.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Had a look at some close ups of the mechanicus stuff.

I think the robots need a different paint scheme and a cog on the chest and they'd look a lot better.

The Magos Dominus has a pimp cane.

The Praetorians look very nice.

The electoo priests are the ones I think look iffy.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Why the gently caress are they called Electoo and not Electroo? the gently caress???

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Electric tattoo.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Moola posted:

Why the gently caress are they called Electoo and not Electroo? the gently caress???

Probably something to do with IP already held by something and GW wants to make sure they can get their own.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The Electro Priests have always had Electoos, they're not a new thing.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
It was Electoo in Rogue Trader.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I became really good friends with a comic shop owner, and he sold me the Deathstorm Box Set for $109 brand new. Thought that was a hell of a steal, especially including the rule book. I'm a big fan of Blood Angels anyway.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I was interested on the deathstorm box but luckily GW took it down for sale because of the relative synergy parallel finance losses it generated.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hollismason posted:

Supposedly the next release or upcoming board game, no one knows is Genestealer cult and Deathwatch but a genestealer cult army would be kind of crazy awesome.

GW release the limo. This is a lawyer

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Thundercloud posted:

It was Electoo in Rogue Trader.

I thought it was Electro priests that have electoos. Though probably it's their trademark paranoia over the far more generic term Electro

For real though GW's legal is kind of incompetent and the name shuffling shenanigans seems like a dumb and probably unnecessary band aid to me

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Mange Mite posted:

I thought it was Electro priests that have electoos. Though probably it's their trademark paranoia over the far more generic term Electro.

What are you talking about? Yes, Electro Priests have Electoos, this was written 2 decades before trademark paranoia.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Genghis Cohen posted:

Really loving cool mate, can I ask you a question about the Crimson Hunter kit? I would like to assemble one with a flatter profile - basically sticking the wings out straight either side of the fuselage rather than swept down as now. How does it actually go together?

Sorry it took me a while to reply, but here's the main bits of the assembly, let me know if you need more

the 2nd and 3rd pictures show the 2 different versions of the flyer, but you (sorta) get the idea, I hope. It would take a LOT of work to make the wings lay out flat rather than swoop down.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Mange Mite posted:

For real though GW's legal is kind of incompetent and the name shuffling shenanigans seems like a dumb and probably unnecessary band aid to me

The one weird tip that all the other companies don't want GW to know is: just be the stuff people want to buy and then you won't need to worry about losing market share to "warhammer, but better designed and priced."

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What are you talking about? Yes, Electro Priests have Electoos, this was written 2 decades before trademark paranoia.

Someone was saying they were renamed to Electoo priests in the upcoming codex

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 3, 2015

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JerryLee posted:

The one weird tip that all the other companies don't want GW to know is: just be the stuff people want to buy and then you won't need to worry about losing market share to "warhammer, but better designed and priced."

Most of the knockoffs arent really better designed, though, most of them look terrible, especially when we're using the example of the Chapterhouse suit.

See also: anime cheesecake models

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Does WD have rules in it still? Wouldn't the rules for the new Knights just be in the new issue?

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Trademark paranoia is as old as GW. My dad wrote a set of rules that used "Space Marines" in the title like 25 years ago and GW C&D'd him because they were taking that old generic term and trademarking it.

Mange Mite posted:

Most of the knockoffs arent really better designed, though, most of them look terrible, especially when we're using the example of the Chapterhouse suit.
The only third party that really nails the aesthetic is Victoria Lamb's IG if you ask me.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

It's hard to concisely summarize every possible sort of competitor because there are a lot of options that are better than GW according to some metric, but almost never all metrics at once. The folks by whom GW is slowly getting their lunch eaten range across everything from "literally GW's product, but without massive markup/retail overhead" (that is, recasts) to "completely different in aesthetic, rules, and setting, but skimming people off just by virtue of being A Better Miniatures Game By A Non-poo poo Company."

I should probably have said "better designed (including game design) and/or priced," though people will still disagree with me on that.

JerryLee fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 3, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mange Mite posted:

See also: anime cheesecake models

What kind of anime cheesecake models we talking about here?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

It's usually the crews I play for Malifeax - The undead hookers and nurses:

Rotten Belles:

McMorning Crew:

The guys who bring this up also usually ignore Dark Eldar Wytches, Sisters Repenta and so on

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

boom boom boom posted:

http://www.brother-vinni.com/
:nws:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Renfield posted:

Rotten Belles:

McMorning Crew:

The guys who bring this up also usually ignore Dark Eldar Wytches, Sisters Repenta and so on

That's just not fair to his point at all. Your pictured examples are paragons of taste and decorum compared to the exploitative creepy poo poo that floods the wargaming hobby in general. Even Infinity, one of GW's largest competitors is full of inexcusable saddo-bait.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
It's normally those that people object to, to be fair.

I'm talking about actual minis for games, not poo poo like Kingdom Death though

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
So it's taken like 6 months since I finished building it, but I finally painted the Land Raider!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I like how you managed to make the silver look like a dinged-up steel cabinet. Seems fitting for IW.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Renfield posted:

Rotten Belles:

McMorning Crew:

That's not very anime...

Neither is that.

...you guys don't know very much about anime, do you?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

boom boom boom posted:

The weirdest thing to be condescending about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

It's no KLK, but those are the ones that come up consistently when this gets mentioned; the Ariadna infinity 'girls in skirts' are the other one;
I personally don't have an issue with any of them, and my point about 40k have the same thing going on with DE and sisters stands.

(edit)

Curious, as Darksphere gets brought up a lot, does anyone here goto HATE (Hackney Area Tabletop Enthusiasts, I think) ?
I don't, but know a guy who does.

Renfield fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 3, 2015

• Locked thread