Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fuzz posted:

So is this Rise of the Emperor thing an actual expansion, or just an add-on? If I grab that Amazon bundle with all the coins and crap, would I have access to it?

You actually need Shadow of Revan to play Rise of The Emperor since it requires level 60 to start and SoR unlocks being able to level to 60. If that Amazon bundle has it, you're good to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Medullah posted:

Yep, it's a free add on, not a full expansion. There's only been two paid expansions thus far (Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadows of Revan), everything else is included with the subscription.

Rise of the Hutt Cartel is included with a subscription now, too.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Heyy, I distinctly remember the Starforged blaster having a distinct laser sound, how come they changed it? And also, did they do the same thing to the Czerka blaster? because holy poo poo that thing got loud and annoying real quick.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Fargin Icehole posted:

Heyy, I distinctly remember the Starforged blaster having a distinct laser sound, how come they changed it? And also, did they do the same thing to the Czerka blaster? because holy poo poo that thing got loud and annoying real quick.

Depends on which star forged blister you got. They differentiated all their sound effects a while back

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Speaking of gearing up companions, one thing I didn't realize until recently was that the daily missions given by the village chief in the Rishi village gives you the Devoted Allies offhand items. There are three dailies in a row given by the chief and doing all of them takes literally 5-10 minutes.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 2, 2015

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So if I buy the travel pack now on a character on Jedi Cov, but I haven't moved my Legacy and those characters over from P5, will they not also get the rocket booster and whatnot when I finally do move a character over? Should I just wait until I resub and transfer the character, then buy the travel pack?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Fuzz posted:

So if I buy the travel pack now on a character on Jedi Cov, but I haven't moved my Legacy and those characters over from P5, will they not also get the rocket booster and whatnot when I finally do move a character over? Should I just wait until I resub and transfer the character, then buy the travel pack?

Your legacy is server specific, so anything you buy on POT5 will carry over when you transfer, but won't exist until you do.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

Your legacy is server specific, so anything you buy on POT5 will carry over when you transfer, but won't exist until you do.

But what if I buy on Jedi Cov and then transfer a new Legacy over? Will the new merged Legacy combine all the poo poo, or will the higher level one that has nothing unlocked on it overwrite the new one with the Cartel poo poo on it?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

But what if I buy on Jedi Cov and then transfer a new Legacy over? Will the new merged Legacy combine all the poo poo, or will the higher level one that has nothing unlocked on it overwrite the new one with the Cartel poo poo on it?

That i don't know, and probably wouldn't chance. Buy it on POT5 and transfer over.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No CD on quicktravel is so nice.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Moon Slayer posted:

Speaking of gearing up companions, one thing I didn't realize until recently was that the daily missions given by the village chief in the Rishi village gives you the Devoted Allies offhand items. There are three dailies in a row given by the chief and doing all of them takes literally 5-10 minutes.

Only the last mission is daily, the first two you only have to do once.

Basically every companion of every toon you have should have a 192 offhand.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
Anyone have a good resource on up to date class guides? My jugg is 55, and seems like he has a million abilities that all do about the same thing, and I have to rotate through all of them in the course of a single fight. Basically, I've got too many buttons that end up as "stab man with lightsaber". I feel like I can probably ditch about half of them, but I'm not sure which ones.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

/\/\/\/\ Dulfy.net has everything you need.

shadok posted:

Only the last mission is daily, the first two you only have to do once.

Basically every companion of every toon you have should have a 192 offhand.

Yeah, I discovered that when I went back and started doing them in earnest.

Using Treek with full 192 gear feels like cheating.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

Wish there were sound effects when you previewed weapons.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rouncer posted:

Wish there were sound effects when you previewed weapons.

It'd be nice, but people do a pretty good job of loading them to youtube

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is the 12xp live now? or will it be on the 4th?

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Fargin Icehole posted:

Is the 12xp live now? or will it be on the 4th?

Again, May The Fourth be with you.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Would we have anyone interested in a Sunday Funday raid? I'm thinking one of the 55s just to see the story/get ultimate comms. Would need to be level 55 or higher.

Nobody else has responded to this so far besides me but I'd like to do it! I even resubbed, don't let my $15 go to waste

Siegkrow posted:

Again, May The Fourth be with you.

Kind of hard to remember though

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
Been awhile since I posted this and I still want those last couple referral pets. If anyone needs a referral to swap servers/get the bundles, feel free to click my super awesome link:

http://www.swtor.com/r/mDfqzx

Thanks!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I can maybe raid on Sunday. If I'm on I'm on but I'm packing so who knows.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So... apparently my Bounty Hunter was the Guildmaster for That's No Goon on Prophecy of the Five still, hahaha. I transferred it to Lovebot, I have no idea if any of those people still play, but there it is.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Playing light/neutral sith warrior is hilarious because every npc is like "you are the worst sith ever"

Is dark side republic as fun?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Double Monocle posted:

Playing light/neutral sith warrior is hilarious because every npc is like "you are the worst sith ever"

Is dark side republic as fun?

Really? I thought Light/Neutral Sith Inquisitor pretty much did it. NPCs were genuinely surprised that their lives were going to be spared. I was neutral almost all the time, and actually kept being Neutral, but I got awknowledged as Darth Imperious by Marr before I finished Act 3, but I was known as Darth Occlus when I beat the end anyway.

Maybe they didn't bother having a line for Occlus on that one.

I just started that part in Ziost where I got to figure out to cut the water covered short circuit puzzle. I am the Emperor's Wrath, I'm just gonna walk through like I own the place. Oops, that just froze the entire game.

EDIT:Nevermind, it's just my computer dying. And I just subscribed too. loving awesome

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 3, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So can a sorc dps and then switch to heals and use the same gear? Or do they need a healing set and a dps set?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Tenzarin posted:

So can a sorc dps and then switch to heals and use the same gear? Or do they need a healing set and a dps set?

For hardmode raids you will definitely need a separate set. For storymode stuff, eh, so long as you know your class. Healer gear makes better dps gear than dps does healer. Healer stats like power and crit work for dps but accuracy is pointless for healers.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Very, very minor spoilers for the first thing you see when starting the Ziost questline:

I've done the storyline with my 4 Imp alts and when you say to your pilot in the intro cutscene to travel to Ziost, my agent has Kalyo piloting, my Jugg has Vette, and my BH has Mako. When I did it with my Sorc, the ship's droid was piloting... I guess that Andronikos was having a nap :confused:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Requesting a spoiler: Is Darth Malgus really dead? Last time I played he was a cool NPC but he got killed off in a 5man. Lame.

Also I feel like I'm having trouble holding aggro in flashpoints since Assault (I'm Sith Juggernaut) seems to have no in-built threat generation. Is this game like old WoW where you won't get the big, important abilities in your toolbox 'till near the end of levelling?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Pierson posted:

Requesting a spoiler: Is Darth Malgus really dead? Last time I played he was a cool NPC but he got killed off in a 5man. Lame.

Also I feel like I'm having trouble holding aggro in flashpoints since Assault (I'm Sith Juggernaut) seems to have no in-built threat generation. Is this game like old WoW where you won't get the big, important abilities in your toolbox 'till near the end of levelling?

Yep (never seen again, so far anyway), and.. Assault? That's a Commando spec. If you mean Immortal, which is the tank Jugg spec, then yeah a lot of your abilities come along later.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Very, very minor spoilers for the first thing you see when starting the Ziost questline:

I've done the storyline with my 4 Imp alts and when you say to your pilot in the intro cutscene to travel to Ziost, my agent has Kalyo piloting, my Jugg has Vette, and my BH has Mako. When I did it with my Sorc, the ship's droid was piloting... I guess that Andronikos was having a nap :confused:

Hahaha yep I finally did Ziost and started with my Assassin, same thing. I laughed.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Pierson posted:

You get most of the key abilities in the mid-early twenties, although you'll still have slightly less rage than you will at max level. Single-target aggro shouldn't be a problem before then because you have the 100% threat boost from Soresu, and it isn't until much later in the game that dps have the abilities and the gear to put out twice your damage. If you are having trouble there, I'm sure there are plenty of goons who could give rotation advice.

Multi-target threat is a problem for all tanks in flashpoints; the combination of spread-out adds and terrible, tunnel-visioning dps is nasty. It's particularly bad for juggs, though, between the lack of ranged attacks and limited AoEs. It gets a bit better with Crushing Blow at 26 and Force Push at 30, but you'll be playing the same way from then to endgame.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I've only hit 20, just logged on to have a mess around before 12x exp goes into operation and I shoot to 55. Game is still a good themepark and the Star Wars brand helps a lot, hopefully since I last played years ago they fixed the poo poo that stopped me playing (lack of stuff to do, but mainly extremely ugly endgame armor :v:)

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pierson posted:

Yeah I've only hit 20, just logged on to have a mess around before 12x exp goes into operation and I shoot to 55. Game is still a good themepark and the Star Wars brand helps a lot, hopefully since I last played years ago they fixed the poo poo that stopped me playing (lack of stuff to do, but mainly extremely ugly endgame armor :v:)

The costume designer helps on that last point.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
I just realized something. Due to practically everyone being levelling so fast on new alts, there will be no time to care about crew skills, causing the prices for reagents in lower level brackets to shoot even higher :getin:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Pierson posted:

It's been that way since release. :shrug: And no he has so far not made any other appearances.

quote:

Gotta ask do you have your Tank stance (Soresu form) activated? Assuming you do 100% of the damage you deal converts to threat. If you don't damage a target you have zero threat obviously, if an enemy hasn't been damaged by anyone the enemy will default to whoever's got the most healing threat. If an attack has flavor text such as "generates a large amount of threat" that 100% threat gets at least a 3x bonus for that attack.

Taunt itself doesn't generate threat it simply adds enough threat to place you at the top of a targets threat table, 110% if you're within 4 meters of a target or 130% if you're not. If the target has zero threat taunt will add zero threat. If you're having to taunt a boss away from a DPS you should immediately Guard that DPS.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stalins Moustache posted:

I just realized something. Due to practically everyone being levelling so fast on new alts, there will be no time to care about crew skills, causing the prices for reagents in lower level brackets to shoot even higher :getin:

Yeah, but I wouldn't expect them to go to the levels they were before. I said this previously, but this 12x is different - the class rewards are much larger than they were before as far as Basic Comms are concerned, and the cost of mods/armorings/enhancements went down. Armorings, hilts and barrels were all 7 comms each, now they're 2 - I think it's going to be possible for people to fully kit themselves out each 10 levels or so with just comms. Not to mention due to the uselessness of basic comms in general, people will be more likely to transfer the comms (via legacy parts) to their newbies or just buy components. I know all my toons have between 800-1100 basic comms right now, with most of them still having the 300 comm containers from Rishi so if I decide to make a new character, he's going to start with about 500 basics. :)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Im maxed on basic comms for like three toons. Should I just hold until the 198 stuff or whatever comes out?

Also I might not be able to raid till like 11 eastern if Im on at all. The missus has a banquet.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Is the 12x exp boost going to start at midnight? Would like to try it out tonight before work and the new week.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just a reminder to, well, everybody. Your companions have stances that are not set by default. Set 'em and forget 'em. It makes a difference. Also, you can tell each companion which abilities to use and which not to use. Tell your healer to stop using that channeled stun, because while he's doing that he's not healing you. Is your companion constantly breaking your CC with AOE attacks? Turn them off.

shadok fucked around with this message at 02:34 on May 4, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

shadok posted:

Set 'em and forget 'em. It makes a difference.

Do not forget them. Treek seems to be pretty good about keeping hers, but most tank companions tend to drop their tank stance randomly here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
Okay, perhaps I should have said "get in the habit of checking your companion's buff bar for a stance icon, because it's really easy to not notice that no stance is set."

• Locked thread