Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stallion Cabana posted:

It seems like some of the difficulty in the game is actually maxing out the audience meter more then beating the opponents; even on normal sometimes I have to like, pause and drag out fights to make sure I max the bar.

Maybe that is where my Support is helping me but I usually have the bar maxed long before the fight is over, especially following director instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Which marketing specifically makes the money? Income conversion? And should I just go for skill regen characters next time?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe that is where my Support is helping me but I usually have the bar maxed long before the fight is over, especially following director instructions.

It's possible; I don't have a fan-booster person on my team, my support is the Shop Discount Kickstarter Backer, which is generally where you put your fan person, it seems? I don't run anyone who interacts with fan/audience stuff, so it's entirely possible that's why I have trouble building the meter.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Tae posted:

Which marketing specifically makes the money? Income conversion? And should I just go for skill regen characters next time?

There's two ways to get money from marketing: flat bonuses (ex: $50 per episode) and income conversion. There's a guide up about it on steam from the developers, but basically income (and fan) conversion add whatever% (ex: +10 is 10%) of the total audience number to your money or fans. I believe the default rate is 2% for fans and 10% for money, so even just +10 income is doubling your gross income per episode.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So basically set up your cast to be all about audience/fan conversion, and just ride the stats of the equipment?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The only thing I'd really recommend cast-wise is avoiding -movement actors, past that you can basically do whatever and be fine. The default crew is pretty great overall, though I'd drop the regular Lead for the +counter/+hp girl.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In terms of skill regen:

It's really really absurdly powerful. You go from incredibly long cooldowns to 0-2 turn cooldowns which make your combat output ridiculous. Being able to use your weapons or bonus skills every round is crazy. My Assault for example could use Squarehouse Kick every single round. Add into that being able to Trample every other round and they could basically solo the stage.

The "starts on cooldown" abilities actually end up a liability sometimes because they won't be off cooldown until a fight is almost over sometimes. There are still ones worth using (Scout's AoE MAP attack is game breaking) but I actually was swapping to less-powerful passive buffs just to get benefit out of that skill level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Okay, replaying the beginning, I did not realize the 3 choices on dealing with the director was also a branch choice.

Another question, is surplus audience from just doing audience stuff, or is that from following all the director's directions?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Tae posted:

Okay, replaying the beginning, I did not realize the 3 choices on dealing with the director was also a branch choice.

Another question, is surplus audience from just doing audience stuff, or is that from following all the director's directions?

If you're talking about like ending a stage with 3000/3000 + 300 or something like that, it's from a +audience% marketing effect.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

That's from a marketing effect.

It's also worth noting that several Director requests seem bugged. A couple of the "kill (x) things" ones in particular didn't seem to trigger, as did several "hit enemy (x)" times ones.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I mostly end up annoyed by the "hit boss with [role] every turn" ones, because it doesn't count if you miss, which means the RNG can just screw you over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Poison Mushroom posted:

I mostly end up annoyed by the "hit boss with [role] every turn" ones, because it doesn't count if you miss, which means the RNG can just screw you over.

Yeah, for those you want to have Scout use the Daze/Stun move beforehand I found, just for the safety.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

In terms of skill regen:

It's really really absurdly powerful. You go from incredibly long cooldowns to 0-2 turn cooldowns which make your combat output ridiculous. Being able to use your weapons or bonus skills every round is crazy. My Assault for example could use Squarehouse Kick every single round. Add into that being able to Trample every other round and they could basically solo the stage.

The "starts on cooldown" abilities actually end up a liability sometimes because they won't be off cooldown until a fight is almost over sometimes. There are still ones worth using (Scout's AoE MAP attack is game breaking) but I actually was swapping to less-powerful passive buffs just to get benefit out of that skill level.

On the other hand Lead's Courage Cry or whatever is incredibly good, and if you go Rider Route you NEED the Assault's self-heal season 5 skill. Rider route is also a pretty good reason for why Assault can basically solo stages, haha.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

On the other hand Lead's Courage Cry or whatever is incredibly good, and if you go Rider Route you NEED the Assault's self-heal season 5 skill. Rider route is also a pretty good reason for why Assault can basically solo stages, haha.

Yeah, Courage Cry is great and since the other move is also a cooldown one IIRC I kept it on 24/7.

I went Sixth Ranger route. I wish there was a faster way to see the other routes than replaying again though.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

AzraelNewtype posted:

Gotta say, this fills me with joy:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So is there a workaround the bug that just doesn't let you equip certain mecha parts, because I've been stuck with the sword special despite clearly having the 3-hit special for like 5 boss attempts now.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, I got the Rider section of the plot, they kick rear end. Literally.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm curious about watching these, and a friend in the auspol thread (bees) recommended watching the "go-busters" series, or Shinkenger - I tried some of the links in the OP, but all these torrents seem to have 0 seeds. Any advice on where to get some of these?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

tithin posted:

I'm curious about watching these, and a friend in the auspol thread (bees) recommended watching the "go-busters" series, or Shinkenger - I tried some of the links in the OP, but all these torrents seem to have 0 seeds. Any advice on where to get some of these?

Go-Busters can be found on Over-Time's website (over-ti.me), but you're probably wanting the batches (here for the first half and I can't find the second half for some reason). Shinkenger is not complete yet, but Over-Time is also doing that.

I don't know if I'd recommend Go-Busters, since it is a bit different from other Sentai shows. The one that came before it, Gokaiger showcases Sentai better, while also showing you a glimpse of many series, so that if you like it, you have an idea of what other shows are like.

VV: Yeah, true the references could be a bit of a double-edged thing.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 11:19 on May 3, 2015

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Serperoth posted:

Go-Busters can be found on Over-Time's website (over-ti.me), but you're probably wanting the batches (here for the first half and I can't find the second half for some reason). Shinkenger is not complete yet, but Over-Time is also doing that.

I don't know if I'd recommend Go-Busters, since it is a bit different from other Sentai shows. The one that came before it, Gokaiger showcases Sentai better, while also showing you a glimpse of many series, so that if you like it, you have an idea of what other shows are like.

I dunno if I would recommend Gokaiger for a newcomer, since the entire series is based on references to other sentai. It is really good, though, and Captain Marvelous is the best :allears:

Shinkenger is definitely a good starting point. I enjoyed Go-Busters a lot, but it is a somewhat non-traditional sentai. I also liked basically every episode of Gogo Sentai Boukenger, and it had some of my favorite music.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh my god, I never saw the TV New-hon joke initially.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Testekill posted:

Oh my god, I never saw the TV New-hon joke initially.
Looking at who sent it? I think we can say fairly firmly where Behold stands on the Working-Late/TV New-hon debate.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Looking at who sent it? I think we can say fairly firmly where Behold stands on the Working-Late/TV New-hon debate.

I love this game so much. So goddamn much.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tae posted:

So is there a workaround the bug that just doesn't let you equip certain mecha parts, because I've been stuck with the sword special despite clearly having the 3-hit special for like 5 boss attempts now.

The workaround is to go directly to an upgrade to the part you want. So if you want the 3-hit special arm part again, buy the next tier upgrade for it and then never touch it again. If you don't have enough material for it, gently caress it, use the dupe bug, you're just countering a game bug with another game bug. If you already have the highest tier part, sorry, you're hosed unless you start a new game or they patch it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah, I didn't want to point out who sent it since it's kinda spoilers.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Just completed the game on the Sixth Ranger path. Kickass, though there seems to be some consistent problems in tracking number values - like the salary calculations, certain 0/X objectives, equipment comparison. Didn't hinder me too badly though, especially once I checked into various character skills are started changing them from the defaults. I actually got pretty engrossed in the story, since I'm not sure if its deliberate or not, but it sometimes wound up overlapping perfectly with the actors I'd chosen.

Goddrat that finale though. Absolutely perfect after mecha battles started getting a bit stale once I'd maxed out my parts.

Edit: The credits were rolling as I typed that, so uh...

Zyumerica Cloneranger flashback :stonk:

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 3, 2015

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

Astro Nut posted:

Just completed the game on the Sixth Ranger path. . . . Goddrat that finale though. Absolutely perfect after mecha battles started getting a bit stale once I'd maxed out my parts.

Zyumerica Cloneranger flashback :stonk:

Well, poo poo. Hope they release a fix for the robot-parts bug soon so I can go back to that save.

I'll just try and keep myself occupied with the Rider route in the meantime.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Holy crap Kyoruger is SO GOOD. Two episodes in and it already is amazingly more awesome than anything Nininger has posited.

gently caress takaharu, Daigo is where it's at.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Holy crap Kyoruger is SO GOOD. Two episodes in and it already is amazingly more awesome than anything Nininger has posited.

gently caress takaharu, Daigo is where it's at.

Enjoy that while it lasts, enjoy it whilst it lasts.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Astro Nut posted:

Enjoy that while it lasts, enjoy it whilst it lasts.

So like till the last 2 episode then?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cernunnos posted:

So like till the last 2 episode then?

I can deal with that. Nininger has just been whizzin' it down their leg pretty much from episode one.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I started with Go-Busters and have watched each series afterwards. It seems like the rule is that each sentai must be worse than the series that preceded it.

That would explain why Zyuranger is so goddamn amazing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Evil Sagan posted:

I started with Go-Busters and have watched each series afterwards. It seems like the rule is that each sentai must be worse than the series that preceded it.

But how does that explain Carranger, the objectively best sentai?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

But how does that explain Carranger, the objectively best sentai?

It gave birth to Power Rangers Turbo. The things we love hurt us the most.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Evil Sagan posted:

In what world is Gokaiger worse than Goseiger?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Shinkenger came after Go-Onger, theory denied

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Twelve by Pies posted:

In what world is Gokaiger worse than Goseiger?

I was going to say the world where people cared about individual characters' robots but man the header system was just so awful that I can't even do that. Gai's robot alone is better than all of theirs put together.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Evil Sagan posted:

I'm sorry you're burdened with your bad taste.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Starninger's proper introduction was glorious. And he's definitely American. How American?

Pretty loving American if you ask me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm wasting my time watching Goldstorm, aren't I.

• Locked thread