Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Popular Thug Drink posted:

other memories of the rural south - video rental vans? like a blockbuster, but in a big box truck that would drive around once a week like an ice cream truck? anyone else remember this?

drat even my town wasn't that podunk. I think you may have been on a whole 'nother level of rural PTD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

but filipinos are honorary whites, you see
lol spoken by somebody who has never been to asia

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i kind of wish i could remember more about him, but then i remember that the fallibility of human memory is glorious, and i am comforted by the idea that all of the idiot and horrible mistakes i made that i never recorded, all of my skid mark memories i never wrote down or told anyone, will die with me. my lack of a paper trail in the end is what vindicates me into the overwhelming corpus of forgotten humanity, one voice in an infinite silent choir

like it's probably a good thing that less than one percent of one percent of human experience is recorded, because some folks are all "but think of all the advances we would have made", and i think "just think how loving bored we would be if we had a cheat sheet FAQ of human existence"

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Gail Wynand posted:

lol spoken by somebody who has never been to asia

of course not, i could never afford it

congratulations on volunteering yourself up against the wall

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

lol.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
ed milliband eating

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Popular Thug Drink posted:

other memories of the rural south - video rental vans? like a blockbuster, but in a big box truck that would drive around once a week like an ice cream truck? anyone else remember this?

dang you guys were pretty ritzy

i think the iga got a tape rental rack sometime around 91 or 92

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Did the block fall down on his head

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just in case it should occur to me ever again, where do you guys get your history snipes?

I want to make a Wesley Snipes joke but none seem... appropriate.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

Did the block fall down on his head

he says he'll put it in no. 10's garden if he becomes pm, but i'm just lolling thinking what will happen to it if he doesn't

Dr. Faustus posted:

Just in case it should occur to me ever again, where do you guys get your history snipes?

I want to make a Wesley Snipes joke but none seem... appropriate.

search a number between 1 and 2015 on wikipedia

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

watching the fight now. poo poo so far

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

nutranurse posted:

whiteness in america basically boils down to "not black"

Only when considering blacks. If it's whites vs others the white test is much more strict

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Berke Negri posted:

does no one use sociopath anymore

That's reserved for bankers and venture capitalists

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Sometimes I scroll down dad chat and feel deja vu.

I feel like I accidentally scrolled up and reread posts, but i'm scrolling down.

I am drinking heavily, this might have something to do with it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

fourth round was okay because they're actually doing a punch or two

empty scorecards so far

e: mayweather's getting away with a lot

R. Mute fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 3, 2015

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Exclamation Marx posted:

search a number between 1 and 2015 on wikipedia

Like this?

1715 – A total solar eclipse was visible across northern Europe, and northern Asia, as predicted by Edmond Halley to within 4 minutes accuracy.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

"don't push him down! don't push him down."
"i'm not!!!"

christ

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
Alright chat, controversial opinion

Fat women can have sex appeal before a spectrum of overfatness.

Not like too big, but I mean christ, 200lbs can look svelte on a 6 ft frame, and sometimes a little short cutie with an ample booty can have a pretty smile. Something about a chubby girl smiling is naturally attractive to me.

Discussion point for the morning: How much does weight translate into personal sexual attraction. And this should be a no judgment zone unless someone just trolls or says something horrible

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

this is kind of pathetic

last round now

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I like how everybody who doesn't want to kill all the police can freely be called a nazi, but the guys who defended European left's attempts to legalize sex with children in the 70s get upset when they are called pedophiles. :allears:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Also apparently the one dude won against the other dude "with a clear point advantage" which sounds to me like Americans were totally bored with the fight.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Randler posted:

I like how everybody who doesn't want to kill all the police can freely be called a nazi, but the guys who defended European left's attempts to legalize sex with children in the 70s get upset when they are called pedophiles. :allears:

are you talking specifically about cohn-bendit or were y'all doing this stuff in the Reich as well

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

V. Illych L. posted:

are you talking specifically about cohn-bendit or were y'all doing this stuff in the Reich as well

Why would Randler dislike a guy who's willing to coalition with the CDU, even if he did write about molesting kindergarteners?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

pathetic match, this. i get the comparison to chelsea now - technical masterclass but mayweather could've easily won in a way that wasn't that painfully boring. that's all fine and well and im sure there's already a bunch of articles about how the fight wasn't a total snooze because of the technical side, just like there are a bunch of articles trying to convince us chelsea isn't a boring poo poo team and 2012 barcas tiki taka triangles aren't about as interesting to watch as paint dry - but mayweather doesn't have the charisma to pull it off

rip boxing, still

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
i liked tiki taka, i thought it was a beautiful way of playing

it wasn't very exciting, but it was quite pretty imo

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

smh

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

V. Illych L. posted:

A huge chunk of the German leftist '68er movement was all participating in that as well and it started to slowly get more public attention over the last year. Because in the ~40 years since the start of the movement enough time was there for the members of the movement to get in positions of authority and for their victims to get old enough to be able to speak freely about the abuse suffered in "Reformschulen" and other "sex-positive" institutions influenced by the '68er movements ideologies. For all its failures the SPD is actually handling that issue somewhat decently apart from its far left factions but the Greens have a lot of today's leadership involved in that poo poo and the party base still has a lot of sympathizers under the surface who try to reframe the outlash against the past abuses as an issue of homophobia.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

@JanayRice
My husband hits harder than mayweather #BoxingIsDead #MacPac #MayPac

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.

Randler posted:

Also apparently the one dude won against the other dude "with a clear point advantage" which sounds to me like Americans were totally bored with the fight.

he was technically superior, and beat his opponent by the rules of competition in that sport, so yes, everyone is sad that not getting punched while punching is a thing.

E: Olympics trained boxer points boxes. loving shocker.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
one of my (unpopular?) opinions is that fat activism is a short-lived fad for some on the left, along the same lines as eugenics in the 1910s and this kind of "sexual liberation" in the 60s:

Randler posted:

A huge chunk of the German leftist '68er movement was all participating in that as well and it started to slowly get more public attention over the last year. Because in the ~40 years since the start of the movement enough time was there for the members of the movement to get in positions of authority and for their victims to get old enough to be able to speak freely about the abuse suffered in "Reformschulen" and other "sex-positive" institutions influenced by the '68er movements ideologies. For all its failures the SPD is actually handling that issue somewhat decently apart from its far left factions but the Greens have a lot of today's leadership involved in that poo poo and the party base still has a lot of sympathizers under the surface who try to reframe the outlash against the past abuses as an issue of homophobia.

i don't mean in terms of railing against beauty standards/other discrimination; but the hosed up health science denialism that sounds like something from the tobacco industry.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

cucka posted:

he was technically superior, and beat his opponent by the rules of competition in that sport, so yes, everyone is sad that not getting punched while punching is a thing.

E: Olympics trained boxer points boxes. loving shocker.

boxing dshould be only till KO

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Exclamation Marx posted:

one of my (unpopular?) opinions is that fat activism is a short-lived fad for some on the left, along the same lines as eugenics in the 1910s and this kind of "sexual liberation" in the 60s:

i don't mean in terms of railing against beauty standards/other discrimination; but the hosed up health science denialism that sounds like something from the tobacco industry.

fat shaming is dumb but people(as in more than 10 idiots) think that morbid obesity isn't a health issue?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it would've been better if there'd been a bit more punching

very little punching

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

R. Mute posted:

it would've been better if there'd been a bit more punching

very little punching

R. Mute at an MMA fight "Stand up and do karate, you queers!" *muches waffles*

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it wasn't just all mayweather's ~~tactics~~ either, manny just did not punch enough. that's my professional analysis. they should've punched more.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

joeburz posted:

fat shaming is dumb but people(as in more than 10 idiots) think that morbid obesity isn't a health issue?

nz politics twitter is chock full of it 💀

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Randler posted:

R. Mute at an MMA fight "Stand up and do karate, you queers!" *muches waffles*
this burn works as well and makes as much sense as manny's game plan

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Randler posted:

"Stand up and do karate, you queers!"

this but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

R. Mute posted:

this burn works as well and makes as much sense as manny's game plan

Objection! I question this history major's qualification to talk about work.

• Locked thread