Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I really want the to do a 'bar rescue' episode

The jokes they could do with that would be amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Yeah that would be pretty great. All the poo poo you see every episode happens. Bad bouncer, bartenders drinking, taking money from the register.

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

And their main bartender, Dee, doesn't know how to make any drinks except for beer.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Charlie dips glasses in bleach to save time when it gets too busy

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just imagine each character picturing a Gordon Ramsay-type, and trying to set each other up to get yelled at.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Brawnfire posted:

Charlie dips glasses in bleach to save time when it gets too busy

Hey, it's a very clean bar, he takes great care of it. Have you *seen* the women's bathroom?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
We should get rugs for the bar.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Mary Elizabeth Ellis tweeted a pic of a prop list for one of the episodes they're currently shooting and it cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/meellisday/status/593788309345701888

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I'm a latecomer to this show, but I recognize many of those things. "Stereo bottle opener" is conspicuously unfamiliar to me. Is this a thing on the show that's appeared before?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

tarlibone posted:

I'm a latecomer to this show, but I recognize many of those things. "Stereo bottle opener" is conspicuously unfamiliar to me. Is this a thing on the show that's appeared before?

I have no loving idea, I can only hope it's like a bottle opener taped to a boombox in someone's moment of brilliance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just assumed that it was a bar thing designed to open multiple (or at least two) bottles of beer at once v:shobon:v

Edit: Or wine, in this case.

shinymodem
May 21, 2007
I hope that's Charlie's America bandana crossed out

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

nasboat posted:

Mary Elizabeth Ellis tweeted a pic of a prop list for one of the episodes they're currently shooting and it cracked me up.

https://twitter.com/meellisday/status/593788309345701888

It's a callback-palooza and I couldn't be more excited.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

It might be old news but as a huge Seinfeld fan I just read that Jason Alexander said during his interview on Stern that Devito was offered the role of George first but he turned it down. After seeing him as Frank my brain can't even imagine.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I watched some re-runs on comedy central today, and totally realized that Donna from Parks and Rec was in Sunny! She was the cashier at the hardware store in the Extreme Home Makeover episode.

Also I might be wrong about this, but I think the waiter from The Gang Dines Out appeared earlier in the series as a different character. He also played the guy who gave Mac and Charlie the mail room job where Charlie uncovered the Pepe Silvia conspiracy.

edit: just looked it up, it WAS the same guy!

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I watched some re-runs on comedy central today, and totally realized that Donna from Parks and Rec was in Sunny! She was the cashier at the hardware store in the Extreme Home Makeover episode.

Also I might be wrong about this, but I think the waiter from The Gang Dines Out appeared earlier in the series as a different character. He also played the guy who gave Mac and Charlie the mail room job where Charlie uncovered the Pepe Silvia conspiracy.

edit: just looked it up, it WAS the same guy!

The show has some really weird guest spots. Like, Oscar from the Office was in the episode where they try to win an award, and Jerry/Larry/Gary from Parks was in the quarantine episode, and he doesn't even have a line. It just seems like they cast these people who are obviously recognizable, but are in rolls that are glorified extras.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

season 10 is on Netflix now, y'all!
e: oops, just UK, sorry,

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 5, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Officer Farva posted:

The show has some really weird guest spots. Like, Oscar from the Office was in the episode where they try to win an award, and Jerry/Larry/Gary from Parks was in the quarantine episode, and he doesn't even have a line. It just seems like they cast these people who are obviously recognizable, but are in rolls that are glorified extras.

Oh my god. Guillermo Del Toro was a McPoyle. that just blew my mind.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Seems like it's easier these days to get on a show you're a fan of if you're a semi decent actor.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Oh my god. Guillermo Del Toro was a McPoyle. that just blew my mind.

Holy poo poo I had no idea that's who this guy was:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea that's who this guy was:

Haha I had forgotten how hosed up that line was. Jesus, eating the fully formed offspring right off your loins.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of small parts, I was rewatching reno 911 recently since it had been a few years, and lo and behold Charlie and The Waitress were in a loving hilarious scene.

E: Found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6EihgU65_Q

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Speaking of small parts, I was rewatching reno 911 recently since it had been a few years, and lo and behold Charlie and The Waitress were in a loving hilarious scene.

Great scene, but lets relax on the foul language a little maybe heh

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Haha wow. It's a squeaky baby.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Haha I had forgotten how hosed up that line was. Jesus, eating the fully formed offspring right off your loins.

The McPoyles are actually just the remnants of Zeus's line.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Fetus Tree posted:

Great scene, but lets relax on the foul language a little maybe heh

Whats your loving problem?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

That's actually where they met.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Irradiation posted:

Why do I love those two so much

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Irradiation posted:

I am pretty sure they were already dating at that point.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Snapchat A Titty posted:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cronus

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Irradiation posted:

I actually saw one or both of them tell the story in a YouTube vid or maybe on a podcast not too long ago (can't remember what, off-hand) and I'm pretty sure he met her at a bar in the late 90s/early 2000s. They've been together for awhile.

nasboat fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 13, 2015

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Wade Boggs still the man

Glenn Howerton posted:

Told ya RT ,@ComplexMag: MLB star Wade Boggs confirms he drank OVER 107 BEERS IN ONE DAY: http://trib.al/pmrR7cT

In other news: still very much alive.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ajaxify posted:

Wade Boggs still the man

Quoting in his memory.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
RIP Boss Hogg.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

RIP Boss Hogg.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Quoting in his memory.

May they rest in peace.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
wade boggs isn't dead! He also isn't Boss Hogg. It does turn out that Boss Hogg is dead though...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:riphogg:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You know if they hadn't lingered so much on Frank's prank that would actually be a perfect episode of television.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
So I moved to Philadelphia a couple months ago and decided to start watching this show because hey, I'm here. Two episodes in and I haven't laughed this much at a sitcom in...maybe ever. I at least can't remember the last time I did, this show rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I really want the to do a 'bar rescue' episode

The jokes they could do with that would be amazing

I know this post is old as poo poo but YEES that would be awesome.

C-Euro posted:

So I moved to Philadelphia a couple months ago and decided to start watching this show because hey, I'm here. Two episodes in and I haven't laughed this much at a sitcom in...maybe ever. I at least can't remember the last time I did, this show rules.

Lucky for you it just gets funnier and funnier...you're in for a treat! Plus they're great for repeat viewings so after you binge them all you can go back and cherry pick favorites as well as ones you don't remember and watch 'em again! HINT: during rewatches, pay attention to the facial expressions and reactions of whichever characters are not talking. That's pretty much my favorite thing about Sunny.

Anybody know when season 10 comes to Netflix? Some rear end in a top hat on this page said it was out, and I went to look and it wasn't. What kind of jabroni goes around blasting a stranger in the rear end like that??