Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

sauer kraut posted:

Watch AngryJoe's video to see what happens

Is that a spoilery thing I probably don't want to see? Or just some sort of fast travel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

Whether to kill Letho or not is a pretty good choice. There's no right option and everyone has their own reasons for killing or sparing him.

Have they said anything about encountering stuff while sailing? Because it looks like it takes a loooooooooooong time over empty water.

The only things I remember seeing so far is smuggler caches and those flying and diving harpy things. Whales too but I'm not sure if they have any gameplay significance or are there just to look awesome.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

CottonWolf posted:

Is that a spoilery thing I probably don't want to see? Or just some sort of fast travel?

You can ride boats manually and there is stuff happening, it's very funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWBMH9EtQ
start at 13:28

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
I killed letho solely for making me embark on a long, tedious wild goose chase all across the pontar valley just to prove my innocence. I could have been free and chilling with triss after the prologue. But no the rear end in a top hat had to make me work for it. How come nobody is angry at that?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Savy Saracen salad posted:

I killed letho solely for making me embark on a long, tedious wild goose chase all across the pontar valley just to prove my innocence. I could have been free and chilling with triss after the prologue. But no the rear end in a top hat had to make me work for it. How come nobody is angry at that?

I think a lot of people are just resigned at that point. In the grand scale of everything being hosed up you arrive at by the end of the game, just Letho seems much less important.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, at that point so much had happened and so many people had died that it felt better to just let it go.

In my first playthrough I chose to break the spell from Saskia, so Letho saving Triss put that encounter in a whole different frame. The conversation afterwards where I learned that the only reason Letho and friends did the assassinations was because Yennefer (who they were putting up with for me) got them into trouble with the Emperor made me simpathise with him further. So you know, all is forgiven, he didn't mean for his poo poo to splash on me and it is a sorry situation all around for everyone involved.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Savy Saracen salad posted:

It was an accident.

Plus Geralt can't exactly talk about killing people for political reasons from a moral high ground. Letho was basically in the same situation as Geralt, strong armed into political bullshit by a powerful and ruthless monarch. Letho just whined about it a lot less.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

GrossMurpel posted:

Whether to kill Letho or not is a pretty good choice. There's no right option and everyone has their own reasons for killing or sparing him.

Have they said anything about encountering stuff while sailing? Because it looks like it takes a loooooooooooong time over empty water.

There's stuff out there, not as much variety as on land but near the coasts it's pretty interesting. Also, if you see a whale, that's mine, I placed all the whales. (I'm a whalegod.)

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Letho is a cool dude and hopefully I get to do a quest with him in the Wild Hunt.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPKTfyo4VRk
:aaaaa:

OXENFRUIT

Two things,

1, holy poo poo, dude put a lot of work into that and it's pure fan project, ads are disabled. This makes me super happy

2. our soundtrack is rad as gently caress, the witches theme is psychpathic

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Gonna have a loving panic attack if I suddenly see a whale while doing some treasure diving. Half-Life must have given me some childhood traumas about being underwater in video games.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Gonna have a loving panic attack if I suddenly see a whale while doing some treasure diving. Half-Life must have given me some childhood traumas about being underwater in video games.

Well the sea is spooky as gently caress so obviously if you find any sea life while diving you should immediately alt+f4. That's just the rational thing to do.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I really hope we see some PS4 footage soon.

My PC has no chance of running this (stuck on a laptop due to work) and the console menus for Witcher 2 were terrible to navigate. Really praying they managed to clean those up.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 14:39 on May 3, 2015

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Neogaf was quoting a developer off the official forums saying that they'd be PS4 footage next week. Also, at least some outlets are getting PS4 copies for review, so they must be pretty confident in that version.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Yeah, outlets with debug PS4s are the only ones with access to review code right now. Everyone else is waiting until a few days before launch if not the day it comes out. Not the end of the world, but for a game this big it's worth considering when reviews start popping up. Unless something changes, if you see a PC review on launch day the writer probably had to mainline the game without exploring, if they finished it at all.

Hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn since the PS4 review copies are public knowledge.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 3, 2015

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I spared Letho because I never got that warm with the combat system and just went through the last act in order to see the story end and so I could totally understand the "No use in fighting you now" position.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I killed Letho because he made a point of saying "hey bro if you try to fight me now I'm not gonna hold back and totally kill you" and I was all "bitch I just fought my way through Polish fantasy United Nations and I'm in a BAD MOOD"

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

He didn't even frame Geralt, just wrong place/time for him. Even Roche knows he didn't do it, and during the conclave Geralt is cleared anyway, no point in killing Letho after that.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

sauer kraut posted:

You can ride boats manually and there is stuff happening, it's very funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWBMH9EtQ
start at 13:28

Thank God the sailing looks pretty fast, sailing in games can get so boring.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

There's stuff out there, not as much variety as on land but near the coasts it's pretty interesting. Also, if you see a whale, that's mine, I placed all the whales. (I'm a whalegod.)

No dynamic whales? You constantly make me question my loving pre-order AND getting it with my card. Commonbro. Common.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Yeah, I seriously have trouble with water segments in games. I don't care what it is on land or in the air, but the second you want me to go underwater and I can't see clearly and maybe there's something in with me and it can get me from any angle and and and and...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You guys take videogames way too seriously if you're getting panic attacks because of what's on a 25" screen in front of you. Consider psychiatric help, or swimming lessons.

I don't watch scary movies at night, though:ohdear:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can do horror movies. I HATE horror movies for being stupid and any time I watch them I'm rolling my eyes, laughing, and praying for it to be over. But for some reason being underwater in a game clicks the right brain switches to make me super super super uncomfortable and scared like a loving animal.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Drifter posted:

You guys take videogames way too seriously if you're getting panic attacks because of what's on a 25" screen in front of you. Consider psychiatric help, or swimming lessons.

I don't know about panic attacks, but the demon fish in Far Cry 4 definitely made me uncomfortable.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Drifter posted:

I was exaggerating with the panic attacks but swimming underwater in games with possible monsters in there really makes me tense and anxious, which is kinda cool as I like scary stuff, even though I was a total trainwreck after playing through Amnesia alone. :gonk:

Beeez posted:

Thank God the sailing looks pretty fast, sailing in games can get so boring.

Cool how the harpies can actually break your boat. Hopefully that means I can go all Ahab and shoot a whale with the crossbow and get my boat totally destroyed in the process.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Comte, in your role as cetacean deity, can you confirm or deny whether you have added a white whale we can hunt for unclear reasons?

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 3, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CottonWolf posted:

Comte, in your role as cetacean deity, can you confirm or deny whether you have added a white whale we can hunt for unclear reasons?

The white whale is Geralt's dick.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Drifter posted:

The white whale is Geralt's dick.

So you're telling me it didn't make it in. Unfortunate.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

CottonWolf posted:

If the answer is no, make into a paid DLC and I'll buy it in an instant.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010
I was rewatching the trailers today and I had not consciously noticed this glimpse before.

I've been looking forward to the Geralt-Yennefer-Triss triangle drama being a huge fest of yelling and fighting where the player is forced to choose (with the third option being that you gently caress up relations with both characters), so I'm going to assume this is Geralt's wet daydream from which he'll abruptly wake up due to two very hard smacks on his head.

But if I'm wrong I guess I have nothing to lose... :banjo:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Karrahad posted:

I was rewatching the trailers today and I had not consciously noticed this glimpse before.

I've been looking forward to the Geralt-Yennefer-Triss triangle drama being a huge fest of yelling and fighting where the player is forced to choose (with the third option being that you gently caress up relations with both characters), so I'm going to assume this is Geralt's wet daydream from which he'll abruptly wake up due to two very hard smacks on his head.

I'd definitely wager on it being a dream, unless losing her memory has made Yen forget her entire personality.

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Karrahad posted:

Hot threesoem hell YEHAH

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Wonder how they'll try sell the player on Yen, considering you had Triss along for two games now I'm curious why my Geralt would dump her for the newcomer.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Because everyone who buys this has read the books and knows how that relationship works, no need to explain it for noobs :spergin: But yes, hate-threesome would be something :haw:

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010

GuyUpNorth posted:

Because everyone who buys this has read the books and knows how that relationship works, no need to explain it for noobs :spergin: But yes, hate-threesome would be something :haw:

From my observation the floodgates are filled with newbies waiting for May 19th to bring "the next Skyrim" so CDPR better have done some good exposition if they don't want all the forums filled with people complaining about the plot not making any sense.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I want a GTAIV-esque awkward minigame about juggling multiple relationships.

And bowling.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Meta-Mollusk posted:

I was exaggerating with the panic attacks but swimming underwater in games with possible monsters in there really makes me tense and anxious, which is kinda cool as I like scary stuff, even though I was a total trainwreck after playing through Amnesia alone. :gonk:

I take it you were not a fan of at least one of the bosses in Shadow of the Colossus. :D

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 19:01 on May 3, 2015

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wish there would be a way to attack under water because from that video it looks like once you're underwater you're helpless. I understand why a sword wouldn't work but you should pull out a dagger or something to chop sharks with.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Reason posted:

I wish there would be a way to attack under water because from that video it looks like once you're underwater you're helpless. I understand why a sword wouldn't work but you should pull out a dagger or something to chop sharks with.

Your magical crossbow can fire under water. I just watched a video showing it.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Stupid question time: I'm gonna buy a new PC & monitor for this; any idea how well a 980 will run it? Will 2560x1440 (or 2560x1600) be fine or should I go for a lower native resolution?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Well the game's not out so no one knows just how well it'll run, but yes one of the most powerful cards on the market will probably be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

VDay posted:

Well the game's not out so no one knows just how well it'll run, but yes one of the most powerful cards on the market will probably be fine.

That being said, those higher resolutions he's asking about usually require an SLI setup to run effectively.

• Locked thread