Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

jarofpiss posted:

idealism in the primary, accelerationism in the general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

is bernie the potus yet?

http://isberniesanderspotus.com/

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
i'm a filthy poor so republican control would definitely not help things here :(

watching everything burn to the ground would def be fun though, in the mean time

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
ten and a halfish cents for bernie

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh hey California you're a big rear end state with 1/7 of the country's population, let's schedule your primary seconds before the convention when it's too late to matter

yeah it's a little absurd how we give poo poo tons of tax money to the federal government and we have a huge population and a huge GDP but basically no one ever campaigns here because in the general election we are solidly blue and in the primaries we apparently don't matter either

also "hillary stood in the rain one time and that's how I know she is a strong candidate because I am a literal buffoon"

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

UV_Catastrophe posted:

i'm a filthy poor so republican control would definitely not help things here :(

watching everything burn to the ground would def be fun though, in the mean time

Accelerationism is based on the idea that progressive change cannot be done incrementally due to the constant downward pressure from moneyed elites, instead progressive political action must turn an about face and allow that downward pressure to crush society and thereby the stranglehold the moneyed elites have resulting in a fierce and quick moment of extreme progress

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
How will Bernie's policies effect me in the future when I am a multimillionaire? Don't want to ruin anything for myself.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

huskarl_marx posted:

Accelerationism is based on the idea that progressive change cannot be done incrementally due to the constant downward pressure from moneyed elites, instead progressive political action must turn an about face and allow that downward pressure to crush society and thereby the stranglehold the moneyed elites have resulting in a fierce and quick moment of extreme progress

lol at accelerationists thinking they're going to cause the great revolution at any point in their lifetime if it ever comes

all they're accomplishing is making rich people richer

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Bernie
San
Ders

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
I think I'm registered as Independent or Green or something, but if it looks at all possible that Bernie will be in the primaries, I could see switching my registration over. Washington DC had a lot of young well-educated people, and a lot of poor people who like populism, so I could him doing well in DC's primary next April.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol at accelerationists thinking they're going to cause the great revolution at any point in their lifetime if it ever comes

all they're accomplishing is making rich people richer

because wealth inequality has no destabilizing properties

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

huskarl_marx posted:

quick and easy, especially* if you don't take the time to think about it! sold.

*only

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
Milk drinkers ITT afraid of a little hyper factionalized civil war

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

bernie talks to george stephanopolous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbtnheO61x0

george: "i can hear the republican attack ad right now... 'he wants america to look more like scandinavia.'"
bernie: "that's right."

bern it down

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Turbl posted:

bernie talks to george stephanopolous: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbtnheO61x0

george: "i can hear the republican attack ad right now... 'he wants america to look more like scandinavia.'"

bern it down

I've been to Stockholm. It was great. Go Bernie.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

"Milk drinkers"?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

huskarl_marx posted:

Sure, the next 100 years will be a futuristic hell, but after that we'll get our Worker's Paradise.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
P. AELIVS SANDERIVS IMP.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

huskarl_marx posted:

because wealth inequality has no destabilizing properties

by the time what you think will happen happens the ultra rich will be on a space station lolling at us and earth will be a desolate wasteland

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

modern technology has made us more complacent and immobile than ever, so the human threshold for tolerating horse-poo poo is currently growing at a faster pace than the elite can stomp their boots on poor people faces, and by the time accelerationism might actually work we're talking a geologic time scale where earth is a resource barren wasteland and the various species of homo- that emerge from our wake will, if they can think at all, be coming to terms with their imminent extinction.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

jade helm 15 makes texas go for bernie, somehow

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer
My favorite redistribution of wealth is to the Sanders campaign

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
yeah but maybe that's just because enough people are pushing back against that boot, if they instead jumped onto the boot that face would get smashed faster

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

bernie for prezbo

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Turbl posted:

bern it down

Bernie Sanders is my waifu.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Turbl posted:

bern it down

:vince::love::vince::love::vince::love::vince::love::vince:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

bernie bernie bernie bernie

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

thanks pillowpants

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Barracuda Bang! posted:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Turbl posted:

bern it down

"don't underestimate me"

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

That night William had her every way a man can have a woman, and she gave herself to him willingly. The last time, as the sun was coming up, she used her mouth to make him hard again, as Monica had taught her long ago, then rode him so wildly that his wound began to bleed again, and for one sweet heartbeat she could not tell whether he was inside of her, or her inside of him.

But when the sun rose upon her campaign day so did William Jefferson, donning his clothes and buckling on his sword belt with its gleaming golden wantons. “Where are you going?” Hillary asked him. “I forbid you to make a sortie today.”

“My candidate is cruel,” her captain said. “If I cannot slay your foes, how shall I amuse myself whilst you are being nominated?”

“By nightfall I shall have no foes.”

“It is only dawn, sweet candidate. The day is long. Time enough for one last sortie. I will bring you back the head of Bernie Sanders for a campaign contribution.”

“No heads,” Dany insisted. “Once you brought me flowers.”

“Let Mark Penn bring you flowers. He is not one to stoop and pluck a dandelion, true, but he has servants who will be pleased to do it for him. Do I have your leave to go?”

“No.” She wanted him to stay and hold her. One day he will go and not return, she thought. One day some archer will put an arrow through his chest, or ten men will fall on him with spears and swords and axes, ten would-be heroes. Five of them would die, but that would not make her grief easier to bear. One day I will lose him, as I lost my sun-and-stars. But please gods, not today. “Come back to bed and kiss me.” No one had ever kissed her like William Jefferson. “I am your democratic candidate, and I command you to gently caress me.”

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People
posting to post because posting

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Barracuda Bang! posted:

Redistributing goon wealth. One shitpost at a time.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

quote:

For anyone new, currently posts get Bernie 10.475 cents each

:firstpost:

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Bernie Sanders could palm a dino egg, no prob.

Pepito
Jan 17, 2004
I signed up to donate $10 a month for a year and even registered to vote. What the heck? Crushing disappointment in...

Turnquiet
Oct 24, 2002

My friend is an eloquent speaker.

mysterious frankie posted:

Bernie Sanders could palm a dino egg, no prob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

:stoke:

• Locked thread