Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

lol if u think that actually works

sound only ever comes out of 1 side... its for voice chat only, and hella gay

I think your jack could be busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ok... i lied... i admit to only using it for voice chat which is hosed up and does that

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i didnt want to admit i dont have headphones good enough to have a full bloodborne experience

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i didnt want to admit i dont have headphones good enough to have a full bloodborne experience

vita headphones are like 7 dollars and are very good headset mic if you can stand their design as not so much ear buds but ear plugs with speakers in them. I had to switch out the pads for one of the smaller sizes that come in the box because the largest are crazy huge but the mediums fit amazing and sound very good through a ds4

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i mean i have an epic pair of turtle beach headphones but they require a usb power source and have 2 plugs so i'd need to buy an adapter and gently caress i have these galaxy s5 earbuds that fit so ...

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The ps4 controller is the greatest wired controller

the headphone jack is nice but i really prefer the 360 controller's layout

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The ps4 controller is the greatest wired controller

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

Do you use the app?

I thought the midrange was washed out on open blue ones(which are waaaay too tight)but after using the preloaded levels for bloodbourne I think the game sounds 100% better and I can play without disturbing my wife.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neurosis posted:

the headphone jack is nice but i really prefer the 360 controller's layout

nah. without getting into the asymmetry debate because that doesn't matter, the placement of the dpad below the analog stick is very bad. on the ds4 you can still use the dpad buttons in a pinch without removing your thumb from the stick. on 360 the dpad functions are inaccessible unless you use your face.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Does anybody use the right side touch pad item shortcuts though? I never once assigned something to those slots

i put the book and the lantern there

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
dual shock surpremacy

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

zen death robot posted:

Yeah I use the app for the custom modes, they also work for PC games when you use it with the Razer virtual surround software

The bass impact is kinda neat sometimes if you like having a subwoofer like thump on your head, but it only really works at higher volumes where you're probably loving up your hearing

These probably have better impact at lower volume but christ almighty do they suck for extended play.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Does anybody use the right side touch pad item shortcuts though? I never once assigned something to those slots

i put everything on there except healing items + fire paper

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

stoutfish posted:

dual shock surpremacy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
depth 4 chalice dungeons seem like theyre 100x harder than depth 3 ones. does anyone know how to beat the creepy screaming Fast Zombies in ailing loran that guard the levers and coffins... they can one shot me and theyre really fast and they can poise thru my kirkhammer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm also curious about chalice dungeons. i just put my pthnumeru one down and have been exploring it, and i'm sort of stuck on the hell-hound boss. i can leave without any negative consequence and come back to it right?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i'm also curious about chalice dungeons. i just put my pthnumeru one down and have been exploring it, and i'm sort of stuck on the hell-hound boss. i can leave without any negative consequence and come back to it right?

yeah. make sure u light the lamps though, theyre the checkpoints

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

depth 4 chalice dungeons seem like theyre 100x harder than depth 3 ones. does anyone know how to beat the creepy screaming Fast Zombies in ailing loran that guard the levers and coffins... they can one shot me and theyre really fast and they can poise thru my kirkhammer

those guys are assholes but can be parried. it's just hard to time because they're so loving twitchy

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

just back up a bunch when they run at you, once they stop charging they do really slow attacks and are easy to kill. they seem to have pretty high poise though in general

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

I.N.R.I posted:

gunparry

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat erbietas. Feels good. Anything to do at this pile in the back? I tried make contact but nothing happens

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I beat erbietas. Feels good. Anything to do at this pile in the back? I tried make contact but nothing happens

If you send Alfred to kill the queen you can revive her with the flesh from her corpse there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

If you send Alfred to kill the queen you can revive her with the flesh from her corpse there

Badass, but I have to respect Alfred's accomplishment

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Badass, but I have to respect Alfred's accomplishment

He can go to his grave believing in what he did it you catch my drift

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the secret to beating paarl was to gain 13 levels and upgrade my kirkhammer two more times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

the secret to beating paarl was to gain 13 levels and upgrade my kirkhammer two more times

also to stand in his rib cage. but yeah, thats how i ultimately beat ebrietas. i finally caved and levelled up my vit a bunch so i could survive more than one hit.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was way underleveled when i was trying him before. i also had henryck's armor on, which i guess improved my survivability too.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i started over after getting like halfway throughbecause i stopped playing for a couple weeks after my job made me miserable, anyways i remembered struggling with health vials for a while but now im up to blood starved beast and have like 75 now, though im sure i'll go through them all once i get to a boss i cant beat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I'm about to finish this file up I think. The chalice stuff carries over into NG+ and isn't affected by the scaling, correct? Is there any reason I shouldn't just wrap this up then before diving into the chalice dungeons

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SM64Guy posted:

i started over after getting like halfway throughbecause i stopped playing for a couple weeks after my job made me miserable, anyways i remembered struggling with health vials for a while but now im up to blood starved beast and have like 75 now, though im sure i'll go through them all once i get to a boss i cant beat

At a certain point it becomes completely trivial to get enough souls to max out your vials and bullets, but still requiring trips back and forth to the dream. so it makes me wish they had gone the dark souls route and made it simply replenish per lantern

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Doing chalice co-op is so hit and miss, half the time I end up on the roof of that one loran room with an ocean of angry red spiders skittering around the other half of the time I'm bursting down the last half of a bosses HP with ACB because that's it's only legit use.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

At a certain point it becomes completely trivial to get enough souls to max out your vials and bullets, but still requiring trips back and forth to the dream. so it makes me wish they had gone the dark souls route and made it simply replenish per lantern

i havent even been buying any theyve just been building up because i know how to play the gamen ow

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's hard to tell if this is actually easier than any of the souls games, or if it just feels that way because i've been playing these games with continuity for the past 4 years or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

it's hard to tell if this is actually easier than any of the souls games, or if it just feels that way because i've been playing these games with continuity for the past 4 years or whatever

It's probably a mixture of both. I think it's harder than dark souls II but you can brute force a lot of bosses by stockpiling healing items, so there's not too many major roadblocks like dark souls 1.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

It's probably a mixture of both. I think it's harder than dark souls II but you can brute force a lot of bosses by stockpiling healing items, so there's not too many major roadblocks like dark souls 1.

I dunno, I felt like Bloodborne was harder than DS1, I never finished DS2, the only boss I got really stuck on in that game was Ornstein and Smaug.

In DS as soon as you got the parry down most enemies were fairly trivial.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 08:47 on May 4, 2015

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ds2 dlc is the hardest , and maybe the hardest chalice dungeons are hard too. maybe even harder ... im not that far yet.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
either way , i can probabaly punch the fume knight to death at SL1 but ive still died dozens of times on bborne ng+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haven't done the ds2 dlc yet, I'm going to get the ps4 version later this year to check it out, since I've already played like 150 hours of ds2 and want more of a break before I start that again. Haven't done ng+ Bborne yet either, I'm interested to see how much harder it gets.

The other thing that could make Bborne harder is the more limited weapon set, since it feels like you have less options compared to ds2's one million swords and spears

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
It would be nice if in bloodborne you could go take a boss' dried up blood to a weird bird lady to exchange it for a cool new weapon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

It would be nice if in bloodborne you could go take a boss' dried up blood to a weird bird lady to exchange it for a cool new weapon

yeah i kind of miss that mechanic, but i understand with every weapon having two distinct movesets that they would focus on making the weapons that were available really tight instead of adding a bunch of minor upgrades

plus you only get one rock to upgrade a weapon to +10 per playthrough