Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

supertester via SS posted:

IS-7
- Suspension ИС-7: Shot dispersion factor 0.19 / 0.19 ( 0.21 / 0.21 )
- Turret ИС-7: Gun 130 мм С-70
aim time 3.1 ( 3.4 )

Better moving acc and quicker recovery after coming to a stop. Nice, but fairly minor.

e:f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
An engine would be nicer, but I'll take it!

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Infected posted:

Nope, better gunhandling from what I understand of the patchnotes.

IS-7
- Suspension ИС-7: Shot dispersion factor 0.19 / 0.19 ( 0.21 / 0.21 )
- Turret ИС-7: Gun 130 мм С-70
aim time 3.1 ( 3.4 )

:fap:

A bump to mobility would be nice, but if they did both then the IS-7 would be oh so broken.

This video's for the guy who asked about SU-122-44 driving tips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgHrct8Ci3o

When you're top tier this thing is so much fun.

When you're not top tier just lay back a bit and let your teammates attract attention to themselves while you get in position for side shots. This thing is happiest at ranges <= 250m.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

DonkeyHotay posted:

there is no enjoyment in this game
I don't know why they don't ban XVM tbh. Sure it helps at identifying potential threat, but I feel it has more of negative impact on the game due to people looking at it + win prediction and either throwing the game or getting mad when their team starts losing on a 'supposedly won game'. Basically being judged even when playing game just because of your 'colour' :v:

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Aesis posted:

I don't know why they don't ban XVM tbh. Sure it helps at identifying potential threat, but I feel it has more of negative impact on the game due to people looking at it + win prediction and either throwing the game or getting mad when their team starts losing on a 'supposedly won game'. Basically being judged even when playing game just because of your 'colour' :v:

Counterpoint: one-shotting a 5000 WN8 re-roll is never-ending enjoyment.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

The victory chance prediction module has some really terrible effects on how people play.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Prav posted:

The victory chance prediction module has some really terrible effects on how people play.

XVM would be better if that feature was turned off by default. It has a tendency to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

RandomPauI posted:

Good or bad news about the 500 kills mission. You need to be in a platoon for the kills to count.
It's bad news because now the game is full of KV-2, Cromwell, Matilda, etc platoons.

Also, this weekend, light tanks. So many light tanks.

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
I've got some good tier 5-8 premiums and heavies. on as princereggie if anyone wants to do some platoons. I'm trying to get a tog.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

The Southern Dandy posted:

Counterpoint: one-shotting a 5000 WN8 re-roll is never-ending enjoyment.

Nothing more funny than watching a player loose their poo poo complaining about XVM sniping. I even saw Circumflex complain about it in game.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Nothing more funny than watching a player loose their poo poo complaining about XVM sniping. I even saw Circumflex complain about it in game.

There are few things in this game like killing an arty legend like TD42.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

So...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Foxtrot_13 posted:

It happens though and it is loving frustrating.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Get bad.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Arishtat posted:

XVM would be better if that feature was turned off by default. It has a tendency to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Or a self-defeating one in some cases. Have had my fair bunch of games when the team is blue-purple and then they promptly suicide into the enemys guns.

Also, shooting blues and purples with arty will never get old.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:siren:Here's a link to my modpack for 9.7!:siren:

Here are the fonts it uses.

It contains:
- XVM with my own brand of lines on the minimap
- White = Maximum spotting/draw distance and traverse indicators
- Red = Artillery and low tier autoloader range
- Green = View range and camera direction
- 2 seconds protection from shooting at corpses
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- 500m zoom out, 16x zoom in
- Scope shadow removed
- Locastan's damage panel, session stats, and team HP
- MeltyMap's damage and effective armour indicators.
- 2 row tank carousel
- My Metal Gear Solid sixth sense mod (disappears after 12 seconds)
- HP bars
- Battle assistant
- Received damage announcer
- Lock-on autoaim
- 15m shoot through bushes safely circle (hold Numpad 0)
- Autoequip binocs/toolbox/camo net
- :tviv: A PENETRATION CALCULATOR THAT USES ARMOUR ANGLE :getin:

It probably also has some other stuff I've forgotten about, but nothing that can get you banned. Let me know if there are any issues.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Thank.

I'm also already pretty sure that Overlord is going to turn out to be a garbage map.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

BadLlama posted:

It happens though and it is loving frustrating.

had a cool game where 3 arty did nothing but shoot the rock i was hiding behind all game. i never fired a shot.

xvm and arty both are really cool and good

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

R. Mute posted:

I'm also already pretty sure that Overlord is going to turn out to be a garbage map.

I'm also pretty sure that this is a dumb and wrong opinion.

Overlord is one of the best maps they've ever put out.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Rorac posted:

I'm reasonably certain that Overlord is a myth because I sure haven't seen it yet.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Cardiac posted:

Or a self-defeating one in some cases. Have had my fair bunch of games when the team is blue-purple and then they promptly suicide into the enemys guns.

Also, shooting blues and purples with arty will never get old.

I hear you on that. It's really annoying to see a team of smug players take win for granted and impale themselves on the guns of the opposing team.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Rorac posted:

It may turn out better once people start getting used to it, but I'm very opposed to even more maps with convenient spots where TDs can just dig the gently caress in surrounded by nice kill-zones. Prok has left me traumatised.

Also I'm mad salty because I've been having games like this all day:

Just total slaughter on my flank, while those platoons and I think the Leopard were virtually unopposed on the opposite one... until they reached the base and they somehow managed to get their poo poo kicked in completely. It with our full health WT against those two survivors who were one or two shot-able. It was just painful to watch. He hit them once. Once. And not even the right one.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The Jpanther II is stupidly mobile he out turned my Type 64...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure how I feel about the Sherman Firefly, has anyone found it worth keeping?

Edit: I'm probably asking this question prematurely, I don't have the top gun on it installed yet, still need the turret.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 3, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

quote:

When you play the game of Tanks, you play to win.

Wise words spoken during a platoon with Bill today.

Also, since the regular replay website does not like to host Obj 907 games, I gave a shot at the Overwolf video recorder. I have a piece of poo poo computer and idk how to video edit, so enjoy.

Replay via YOUTUBE!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4N4FjMBYro

Fake edit: If anyone has any tips on settings I can use on this I would appreciate it!

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

RandomPauI posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about the Sherman Firefly, has anyone found it worth keeping?

Edit: I'm probably asking this question prematurely, I don't have the top gun on it installed yet, still need the turret.

Before I got it, I considered it a potential keeper since it had a high pen gun for a med on tier 6, but while I now have a 75% winrate in the Achilles, I only have 40% in Firefly, so I don't know anymore. I do well in it but every match I get my team turns into pure shitters, so I think the drat thing is cursed. :psyduck:

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

R. Mute posted:

It may turn out better once people start getting used to it, but I'm very opposed to even more maps with convenient spots where TDs can just dig the gently caress in surrounded by nice kill-zones. Prok has left me traumatised.

I haven't seen much of what you're talking about. There's plenty of natural cover and concealment to sneak around with in the east, lots of artificial cover in the center, the far west offers flanking options although actually fighting on the beach there seems pointless, and most importantly, the map is loving huge. I know it's no bigger than any other 1000x1000 map, but the way each of the sections seems separated from each other makes it feel a lot bigger. Despite the separated feel, it seems pretty easy to disengage from a flank to shore up another one if needed. I've had nothing but fun on the map.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
4% off my 3rd mark of excellence with the IS-8. For some reason I love this thing, despite side scraping and being penned by 175mm IS-1s.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

RandomPauI posted:

Keep the Easy 8 instead. It's superior in every way and lots more fun. I found the Firefly to be disappointing by comparison.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

counterpoint: I thought the firefly was fantastic.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DonkeyHotay posted:

counterpoint: I thought the firefly was fantastic.

Agreed, it's a slow Hellcat. Murder enemy tanks and don't get shot at and win all the games.

I can't bring myself to actually go up that line though. Good tier 8, not good tier 7 and 9, and worthless tier 10? Seems real depressing.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

A Hellcat without speed, camo or alpha isn't really a Hellcat is it?

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Guy that can't figure out how to make a 17lb on a medium at tier 6 work here. Please take me seriously.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

A Hellcat without speed, camo or alpha isn't really a Hellcat is it?

I consider the M6 a slow Hellcat so~~~

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I consider the M6 a slow Hellcat so~~~

One out of three ain't bad.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.

Also: <18:09:48> "xsoldier": go die in a fire
<18:10:04> "Gyarados": wat
<18:10:14> "Gyarados": Wait, are they beating you?
<18:10:20> "xsoldier": 10 e3s... really?
<18:10:31> "Gyarados": Haha, no poo poo? I'm not even paying attention to it haha
<18:16:38> Chat partner has closed the conversation

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

which one of you guys had that hilarious sixth sense icon with the guy with the bug eyes? I want it and i can't find it

e: this one

I dont see it in aslain mod pack

ROFLburger fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 4, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

BadLlama posted:

The Jpanther II is stupidly mobile he out turned my Type 64...
Bad gun angle, poo poo camo and bit thin armour though. Still beats using Ferdinand in some cases.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Aesis posted:

Bad gun angle, poo poo camo and bit thin armour though. Still beats using Ferdinand in some cases.

The Ferd has so many weak spots it might as well not have armor, and the JP2 crushes it in mobility. The JP2 is vastly superior to the Ferdinand, and if anyone wants the J100, choose the JP2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Hellsau posted:

The Ferd has so many weak spots it might as well not have armor, and the JP2 crushes it in mobility. The JP2 is vastly superior to the Ferdinand, and if anyone wants the J100, choose the JP2.

Alternately just stick with the JP2. A fair number of goons swore by it before it got power creeped when the RHM and subsequent lines came out.

Hellsau posted:

Agreed, it's a slow Hellcat. Murder enemy tanks and don't get shot at and win all the games.

I can't bring myself to actually go up that line though. Good tier 8, not good tier 7 and 9, and worthless tier 10? Seems real depressing.

I think I'm going to go through the line and keep the Firefly and Charioteer. I may skip the t7, I skipped the t4 after grinding half of it (it's a lee but slower) and I might skip the Sherman III (it's an M4 Sherman but slower and doesn't get the short 105mm). I know the M4 Sherman is good, but the lee was utter poo poo and they felt the need to give the British lines worse versions of both of them at the same tier. What the gently caress?

And then WG turns around and says that no one plays the British line so it's low priority. Maybe if you gave it good t10s? Like putting in a new line where it has worst-in-class vehicles for four tiers (4, 5, 7, and 10; I'm not 100% sure about the t5 and I don't really know much about the t9) including t10 sounds like it's intentional sabotage on WG's part. They don't want to add more British tanks so they put in a line so bad no one will play it, then use that as proof that no one wants British tanks.

The WTE and 183 are really precariously balanced by their massive flaws and the 4005 has all the flaws of both of them and none of the benefits. No one who actually plays the game would have expected the 4005 to be balanced in any way; it has to be intentional.