Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Swan Oat posted:

i dont know about you but i am made horny by cat death -- a smooth pickup artist

same op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

nutranurse posted:

the owners kinda hot tho and weve met before and shes single so im gonna try to spin this into something
i should say this is bad but mostly i laughed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nutranurse posted:

the owners kinda hot tho and weve met before and shes single so im gonna try to spin this into something

Literally a B horror plot

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

nutranurse, I hope you're in one of those horror films that subverts expectations by having the black character be the survivor.

hmmm v good point

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

i should say this is bad but mostly i laughed

In many ancient cultures it was common to end a wake with intoxicated orgies, to celebrate the continuation of the life of the tribe despite the death of the individual.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

last time we met she mentioned being a total slut (HER WORDS) for good brownies so thats what i had in mind. brownies help assuage sadness.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

"i will be the one, this time is different"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nutranurse posted:

last time we met she mentioned being a total slut (HER WORDS) for good brownies so thats what i had in mind. brownies help assuage sadness.

That is actually an amazing opening. Rock on, nutranurse! Help her grieve. Perhaps together you can find a new cat. :patriot:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Apropos of nothing, Don Cheadle is much better actor and all around human being than the Marvel films deserve.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Kanye is the Othello of the millenial generation

Berke Negri posted:

...said Frodo to the ring.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

OH poo poo HAS PENNY DREADFUL STARTED

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i thought cats were good at jumping

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nutranurse posted:

OH poo poo HAS PENNY DREADFUL STARTED

Is it any good? I wonder if our library system has the first season.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Apropos of nothing, Don Cheadle is much better actor and all around human being than the Marvel films deserve.

i actually liked terrence howard in the role better

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is it any good? I wonder if our library system has the first season.

its very very very good

except the fake irish accent one lady tries so desperately to affect but ends up sounding comical

Jagchosis posted:

i thought cats were good at jumping

me too bruh, but from the angle of it i think it snapped its neck on the pool ledge

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
I've been thinking about Prohibition and tent revivals. We're about due for another set of tent revivals, but the thing they're going to be opposed to is nebulous. LGBT stuff is out, because it isn't going to draw in the punters. I'm hope it'll be a preemptive strike against rights for artificial beings. I feel like it's about time the reactionaries got ahead of the game for a change.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Speedwagon is neat.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nutranurse posted:

its very very very good

except the fake irish accent one lady tries so desperately to affect but ends up sounding comical

Ms. Schroeeeedddaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

now Ms. Nucky Thompsawn

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Badger of Basra posted:

nice homophobia

Nonsense, if anything, my not wanting to cause damage to male genitalia makes me the non-homophobe here.:colbert:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Peztopiary posted:

I've been thinking about Prohibition and tent revivals. We're about due for another set of tent revivals, but the thing they're going to be opposed to is nebulous. LGBT stuff is out, because it isn't going to draw in the punters. I'm hope it'll be a preemptive strike against rights for artificial beings. I feel like it's about time the reactionaries got ahead of the game for a change.

Beaten to the punch by The Daily Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF-YSTDLO_g

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Swan Oat posted:

i dont know about you but i am made horny by cat death -- a smooth pickup artist

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Speedwagon is neat.

Even Speedwagon is afraid!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i have basically no idea what is going on w/ my computer. booting off a clone on an external and running disc utility shows that the internal HD has no problems

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
guys my compuuter is fuckin neurotic

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

i have basically no idea what is going on w/ my computer. booting off a clone on an external and running disc utility shows that the internal HD has no problems

sata controllers hosed up yo?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Berke Negri posted:

*dates an ex*

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

guys my compuuter is fuckin neurotic

my HD has been sounding off the clicks of death for like a year now and at this point im convinced its possessed by the ghost of terri schiavo

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

sata controllers hosed up yo?

wouldnt that just toss a hard drive failure? this things been kernal panicing on a regular basis even in safe mode

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

nutranurse posted:

its very very very good

post a clip of this accent so i can rate it from a scale of tommy lee jones in blown away to daniel day lewis in In the Name of the Father

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if this external boot bugs out on me in the next hour or so i guess thatll narrow it down to some pernicious software thing or the RAM being hosed. if it doesnt i guess i just have to nuke and pave the internal and do a restore with superduper????

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
computers are so incredibly freaking wack

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

kustomkarkommando posted:

post a clip of this accent so i can rate it from a scale of tommy lee jones in blown away to daniel day lewis in In the Name of the Father

as an actual irish person it will be nothing short of blackface to you. i cannot find a clip tho

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

wouldnt that just toss a hard drive failure? this things been kernal panicing on a regular basis even in safe mode

cursory google search suggests a port that is bad but not dead could produce similar symptoms, have you tried different ports/cables

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

hmm, google tells me specifically it is meant to be a belfast accent so it could be passable but just a source of confusion for americans who do not understand we speak different up in these parts

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
cats

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

kustomkarkommando posted:

hmm, google tells me specifically it is meant to be a belfast accent so it could be passable but just a source of confusion for americans who do not understand we speak different up in these parts

if how billie piper speaks in accent is how you guys really speak then you should just let the english destroy your culture

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

mooyashi posted:

*dates an ex*

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Peztopiary posted:

my guess is fiercely reactionary against women's rights and some kind of religiously themed race determinism stuff. if the kind of rubes that would be into that poo poo (tea party) are anything to go by

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jagchosis posted:

cursory google search suggests a port that is bad but not dead could produce similar symptoms, have you tried different ports/cables

yknow i did have a bad battery last year that swelled up and did some damage to the hard drive mount so thats not unlikely.

• Locked thread