Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

colas posted:

Because I don't just snack, I GOT TO WAR WITH HUNGER!! RARRHHGHHGH!!!

Poor glutein sufferers, thanks to my superior genetics I can get bars with ten more grams of protein :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

peter gabriel posted:

It just struck me all of a sudden that my parents used to do it to make sure they got the 'right one' back when I was a kid, it was oddly cool.

The thing is, did you get the New 3DSXL or the regular 3DSXL? The New one has a better processor and there will be certain games only playable on it. Pretty lovely of Nintendo but hey what are you going to do?

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

I've had my previous Kindle for over two years until a power surge finally forced me to upgrade. The upgrades are wonderful and I like not breaking the bank on a new device.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Humerus posted:

The thing is, did you get the New 3DSXL or the regular 3DSXL? The New one has a better processor and there will be certain games only playable on it. Pretty lovely of Nintendo but hey what are you going to do?

How is it lovely for new hardware facilitating new games and old hardware being left out? That's progress.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
In the past few weeks:

Hoover HU71

Harman/Kardon Soundsticks III

Sony MDR-1R

Aerolite Suitcase

YubiKey NEO

iPhone 6

3 days supercar hire

2 nights hotel in York

Bye money :homebrew:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Not a bad amount of stuff for $1200

*is the price right?!?*

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Malf posted:

2 nights hotel in York

Bye money :homebrew:

"That's not New Yo- oh wait."

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

PCOS Bill posted:

How is it lovely for new hardware facilitating new games and old hardware being left out? That's progress.

To be fair, calling the new 3DS "New 3DS" is a very poor choice because it's pretty misleading. You know that somebody's going to buy a brand new 3DS, and a game for the New 3DS, and then come back complaining that they can't play it. "What do you mean, it only runs on the New 3DS? This is new, I just bought it!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best part was when they announced the New 3DS, they also announced new models of the 3DS.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Aphrodite posted:

The best part was when they announced the New 3DS, they also announced new models of the 3DS.

:wtc:

I'll stick to my pc games - if it doesn't work well, just turn down settings.

I just got Dirt Rally on Steam Early Access - let's see if Codemasters can pull off a decent rally sim/game that isn't just a Ken Block rallycross circlejerk... It's got terrible force feedback and it's a ton of work to get my wheel to feel at all decent, but the courses are nice and tight and the AI isn't stupid easy like previous Codemasters titles. We'll see how this one progresses as they move towards a true release.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Got myself one of these.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Coca Koala posted:

To be fair, calling the new 3DS "New 3DS" is a very poor choice because it's pretty misleading. You know that somebody's going to buy a brand new 3DS, and a game for the New 3DS, and then come back complaining that they can't play it. "What do you mean, it only runs on the New 3DS? This is new, I just bought it!"

They are terrible with names and marketing. Which is why so many people thought the Wii U was just the new controller and not a whole new console.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

No more 2000 Toyota Corolla that I've had since 2008.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
New Modem (Arris SB-6141) and Netgear wifi/router (Nighthawk AC1900)

Now to continue arguing with Xfinity about them being liable for the equipment. Had a surge come through the cable line and burned out the modem and the ethernet connector on my old Asus RT-A66U). Welp goth both from Bestbuy and for $20 I got an extended 2 yr unrestricted coverage on both items which means nothing will happen to them for 2.1 years. I gotta say though that the coverage and signal strength of this newer router is nice. I can actually make it out to the back yard now with enough signal to stream a video rather than having spotty forum browsing like before.

and

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Tim Whatley posted:

No more 2000 Toyota Corolla that I've had since 2008.

I've had my 2001 Civic since 2005, and I know I should get a new car, it's just... so much effort. I'm so lazy that I'm hoping someone just totals my car while it's parked somewhere.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Glottis posted:

I've had my 2001 Civic since 2005, and I know I should get a new car, it's just... so much effort. I'm so lazy that I'm hoping someone just totals my car while it's parked somewhere.

That's what happened to my '97 Civic. It was a much better car than the '07 Saturn my wife and I replaced it with. :(

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Goddamnit Massdrop

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Made-for-TV sci-fi movie neurotoxin capsules.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Glottis posted:

Funny story. Bought the Corolla in 2008. Two weeks later a police cruiser absolutely totaled it. They brought it back to life and I drove it every day until yesterday. Gonna miss that car :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tim Whatley posted:

Funny story. Bought the Corolla in 2008. Two weeks later a police cruiser absolutely totaled it. They brought it back to life

Yeah in that case they didn't actually total it now did they.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Humerus posted:

I've got no idea, how can I tell?

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

peter gabriel posted:

I've got no idea, how can I tell?

On the "New 3DS XL", the stylus slide out is on the bottom, along with the power button.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The box will call it the "New 3DS"

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Should look kinda like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

I can't figure out the use of these when the phone is able to do the same thing...

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

This is a long exposed shot, correct? I always thought those were super dim.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Ragequit posted:

A long exposure shot wouldn't make them look brighter without making everything else in the photo brighter.

kanuck
Aug 27, 2004

I must remember to follow my own advice.

rockcity posted:

A long exposure shot wouldn't make them look brighter without making everything else in the photo brighter.

A long exposure in a dark room, then.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

Pukestain Pal posted:

I can't figure out the use of these when the phone is able to do the same thing...

I listen to a lot of radio, and replaced a really crappy one. It's nice to walk in, say "play WAMU" and it's done. Alarms and news updates are good. To do and shopping lists are pretty useless to me.

Once I get the lux, it will be interesting to see how I can control lighting with it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I bought a vibrating toothbrush because it was $5 and I was curious. My mouth still feels vibraty an hour later.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
Misplaced my Wave somewhere in the house and realised the saying 'two is one, one is none' applied (also how many drat times I use/need my leatherman throughout the day). So bought a smaller one to use now and then to keep as a backup when I find my main one.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Whoforthenwhat posted:

'two is one, one is none'

Two is two. :colbert:

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

I bought a vibrating toothbrush because it was $5 and I was curious. My mouth still feels vibraty an hour later.

Just bought a cheap vibrating toothbrush off amazon after I read a Cochrane review summary on toothbrushes. Vibrating toothbrushes are objectively better at removing plaque.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I just bought a cheap vibrating toothbrush, turns out they are a poor replacement for a vibrator and the spiky bits can hurt.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bowmore posted:

I just bought a cheap vibrating toothbrush, turns out they are a poor replacement for a vibrator and the spiky bits can hurt.

I just have a regular toothbrush with a vibrator duct taped to it. Works well.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

PCOS Bill posted:

A bit late but I feel it's lovely because the name seems intentionally misleading, especially for people who aren't intimately familiar with this stuff, including younger kids. Also it's not really a whole new system, the way the 3DS was to the DS, it's more like a N64 with an expansion pack and one without. Except this is a $200 expansion pack to play, at the moment, only one game.
It is what it is and I wanted to upgrade to an XL anyway so I'm not super heated or anything I just think Nintendo could have handled it better.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Trastion posted:

I just have a regular toothbrush with a vibrator duct taped to it. Works well.

Yo can probably ditch the toothbrush.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Ragequit posted:

Nah they're indeed pretty dim but I needed something dimly lit so I can find my tactical (rape) whistle in a pinch. Also they require no light source so I can safely sit in boxers + darkness and not worry about the inevitable rape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Astrobastard posted:

Nah they're indeed pretty dim but I needed something dimly lit so I can find my tactical (rape) whistle in a pinch. Also they require no light source so I can safely sit in boxers + darkness and not worry about the inevitable rape

Classic rookie mistake.