Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Snatch Duster posted:

I think the logic is this; first goon to make a site is the official goon guild. That is the only reason kt seems.

I know this is pages and pages back, but this was literally it. At least as far as I can tell since I had the temerity to say something about not every goon wanting to play on pvp servers in the thread during the beta and the 'guild leader' lost his top and someone bought me a half-naked rabbit furry avatar. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/125321-ptr-character-copy-service-now-live/

quote:

Hello Everyone!

We've listened to your ideas on how to help us receive better-focused game testing of WildStar, so we made a way to copy your live characters over to the Public Test Realm.

What do I do?

Players can now create a "snapshot" of their character on any live NA or EU Megaserver and send it to the Public Test Realm for some testing. Just initiate the process by typing in "/ptrcopy" within the chat window of the character you wish to have copied.

and it only takes 15 hours that you can't login to the character during to perform

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

sword_man.gif posted:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/125321-ptr-character-copy-service-now-live/

and it only takes 15 hours that you can't login to the character during to perform

Wasn't City of Heroes like instant? They need to bring that back :(

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

sword_man.gif posted:

Wait, did they stop the PTR and then start it up again just now???

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

sword_man.gif posted:

what the gently caress

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

RottenK posted:

what the gently caress

Look they just have one intern doing this and its not automated at all, he's literally copy-pasting character data

(would not surprise me at this point)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
CoX's system sent a request to their account management site through a web interface. I think it was driven by interns at first, but even then it was fast and didn't force you to log out if you were on-line with that character when the copy went through.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
really the funny takeaway imo is that there was apparently no way to copy your character over to the ptr before this

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

WarLocke posted:

Look they just have one intern doing this and its not automated at all, he's literally copy-pasting character data

Automated systems? Carbine is a hardcore studio cupcake! They do stuff by hand! And that intern had better do at least 100 copypastes an hour if he ever wants to complete the attunement proces to become a paid intern!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

really the funny takeaway imo is that there was apparently no way to copy your character over to the ptr before this

Which is weird because they certainly used to. You could either copy your character or use a pre leveled one with all the endgame stuff.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

sword_man.gif posted:

I think there was, but they had to disable it because for some strange reason it kept overwriting the live server character with the PTR one. :allears:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Has anyone brought up the new "Contracts" system coming in the next patch?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

WarLocke posted:

If by intern you mean third world child sweatshop labourer, I'd believe you.

I can't wait until they add stunning new innovations like flexible raid sizes. Surely with that sort of thing they'll overtake WoW! :allears:

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Has anyone brought up the new "Contracts" system coming in the next patch?

They are just daily quest grinds right? With the option of the 'weaker' contracts being repeatable ad nauseum for reputation and gear rewards?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Anatharon posted:

If by intern you mean third world child sweatshop labourer, I'd believe you.

I can't wait until they add stunning new innovations like flexible raid sizes. Surely with that sort of thing they'll overtake WoW! :allears:

Carbine lacks the competence to properly balance fixed raid sizes, like hell could they balance flexible raid sizes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

Carbine lacks the competence to properly balance fixed raid sizes, like hell could they balance flexible raid sizes.

There is a crucial flaw in your reasoning.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Shadowlyger posted:

I'm pretty sure it was deliberate that the 20 and 40 manshardcore were ball crushing. All they'd need to do is leave them at 40 manhardcore numbers and just let people try anyway with whatever size group they wanthardcore.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'm pretty sure it was deliberate that the 20 and 40 manshardcore were ball crushing. All they'd need to do is leave them at 40 manhardcore numbers and just let people try anyway with whatever size group they wanthardcore.

all they need to do is completely shut down wildstar, blacklist carbine's execs from the industry, and watch as their profit margin inflates overnight

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Thunderbro posted:

all they need to do is completely shut down wildstar, blacklist carbine's execs from the industry, and watch as their profit margin inflates overnight

Well, yeah, but where's the fun in thathardcore

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Anatharon posted:

There is a crucial flaw in your reasoning.

Is it that they weren't actually trying to balance the raids?

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Thunderbro posted:

Nope, they've decided to double down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zv-Nu2DfB4

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

being thrown to the legendary chinese game wolves is a fate worse than death. acceptable

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

What the gently caress is this, did they totally redo the graphics or is this some sort of side game thing?

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
NCSoft MOBA/Dungeon Crawler apparently.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

WarLocke posted:

What the gently caress is this, did they totally redo the graphics or is this some sort of side game thing?

this is a lovely chinese korean moba licensing using (oh wow it really is ncsoft) the chua after info leaking that carbine is working with some chinese company notorious ncsoft's revered korean division known for exclusively spewing out bad f2p games

man I really don't care about the facts it's going F2P and that's hilarious

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 5, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I don't see what anyone would get excited about there, it looks super boring. Maybe if there were some lunge type powers for some mobility? Looks bland and dull.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

Ahaha. Jesus christ. It's Warhammer Online all over again. Except Warhammer Online was actually kind of good at times before they just stopped giving a poo poo.

At least they were smart enough not to split their own development resources into a frigging MOBA.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Archonex posted:

At least they were smart enough not to split their own development resources into a frigging MOBA.

Huh? Isn't this just a character concept copied into an otherwise-unrelated NCSoft property, made by a different developer entirely?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Archonex posted:

Ahaha. Jesus christ. It's Warhammer Online all over again. Except Warhammer Online was actually kind of good at times before they just stopped giving a poo poo.

No they weren't

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

Blizzard did it... so WE HAVE TO!

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
All your favorite NCsoft characters together; such as, chua, and plant man, and the superhero from CoH we murdered.

DumbAzRocks
Sep 5, 2013

Greataval posted:

This thread is finally back. Please dont close it when we get bogged down in shitposting this time tyvm.

Agreed totally, the last Wildstar thread was about as entertaining as the Archage threads that were NOT for stable normal people.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

DumbAzRocks posted:

Agreed totally, the last Wildstar thread was about as entertaining as the Archage threads that were NOT for stable normal people.

Wasn't archage the mmo with an active goon pedophile ring or something like that?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

VoLaTiLe posted:

Wasn't archage the mmo with an active goon pedophile ring or something like that?

IIRC some goon got some teenage girl to move to Iceland to be his live-in fuckbuddy, and did this through another MMO guild. The Archage guild didn't want to kick him out because he was a master shipwright or something.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I look forward to the wildstar hardcore card game, where you play for keeps

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

VoLaTiLe posted:

dude in charge of the goon guild was defending a pedophile because "well it happened a long time ago" and "it happened in iceland anyways" and then a whole bunch of the guild got very :tinfoil: that it was an Imp Zone Plot with the help of the moderation staff of the something awful forums to destroy their guild

then they tried to sneak him back in under a different name because man, i know he's a kiddy diddler, but holy crap can he generate a lot of wool. that's not sarcasm or funnyman, that was seriously why.

you had people on their offsite forums detailing elaborate conspiracies about how the mods and the imp zone were working together to destroy their guild for...some...reason besides harboring a pedophile is gross

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

VoLaTiLe posted:

Hey Volatile, basically what Swordman said.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sword_man.gif posted:

dude in charge of the goon guild was defending a pedophile because "well it happened a long time ago" and "it happened in iceland anyways" and then a whole bunch of the guild got very :tinfoil: that it was an Imp Zone Plot with the help of the moderation staff of the something awful forums to destroy their guild

then they tried to sneak him back in under a different name because man, i know he's a kiddy diddler, but holy crap can he generate a lot of wool. that's not sarcasm or funnyman, that was seriously why.

you had people on their offsite forums detailing elaborate conspiracies about how the mods and the imp zone were working together to destroy their guild for...some...reason besides harboring a pedophile is gross

Now, I'm 72 so I have no stake in this..........
-

There was also the intense discussion over whether or not he was a pedo or hebo, as if that somehow made it better.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

VoLaTiLe posted:

It was actually Eve. But when the Eve goons found out they gave them the boot. When they washed up in Archeage the guild leadership tried to keep them around since apparently they have nothing to do but play video games all day.

And what the weirdo was doing was grooming a 14 year old girl from Iceland. It was incredibly hosed up. He still shows up at Eve meetups in Dallas too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

CoffeeBooze posted:

He still shows up at Eve meetups in Dallas too.

I'm guessing that leads to people awkwardly exchanging glances and saying nothing.

• Locked thread