Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Under the vegetable posted:

Spoilers, if it's Hillary vs a Republican, you're voting for both banks AND wars no matter what you do.

When do you believe we will invade Iran and will you toxx on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Venom Snake posted:

Are people really that upset by Clinton they would throw their vote away? Because it's like the most immature temper tantrum thing to throw your vote away because the candidate you liked in the primary lost.

Every politician has skeletons in their closet, and they act based on current voting trends and desires not on what the skeleton in the closet is telling them. Hillary in 2016 will be much more to the left than Bill was in his term because trends have shifted. Will she be an ideal candidate? No.

Trends have shifted to the right. Obama was much more to the right than Bill was, and Hillary will likely be even moreso if she gets the presidential seat.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Segmentation Fault posted:

I'd vote for Philip Banks if he was running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7ZAaR7AU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Trends have shifted to the right.

Yes, trends have shifted to the right since the literal death of Communism.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

computer parts posted:

When do you believe we will invade Iran and will you toxx on it

I'll absolutely toxx on the fact that Hillary will, if President of the United States, enter into meaningless illegal wars, i'm sorry, military actions, with other nations on trumped up pretext, much like Obama. I don't know if it will be Iran and won't dream of trying to call specifics.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

computer parts posted:

Yes, trends have shifted to the right since the literal death of Communism.

I'm glad we can agree that Venom Snake is incorrect on the direction of political drift of the Democratic Party of the United States.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Trends have shifted to the right. Obama was much more to the right than Bill was, and Hillary will likely be even moreso if she gets the presidential seat.

how can you actually believe this

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

I'm glad we can agree that Venom Snake is incorrect on the direction of political drift of the Democratic Party of the United States.

I mean if you're totally ignorant about what the actual trends in the 1990s were I can see why you would think that.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Vermin Supreme is not the president America wants. But the president it deserves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary is legit actually saying poo poo her own Husband did was wrong, and things that Obama are doing is wrong because it's not leftist enough. Gay marriage is gaining popularity nation wide.

Stop being so pessimistic.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
bernie is good, hillary is bad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Segmentation Fault posted:

bernie is good, hillary is bad

pee pee

doo doo

it is a bad electoral system

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

computer parts posted:

I mean if you're totally ignorant about what the actual trends in the 1990s were I can see why you would think that.

moderate southern Democrats losing their seats in the early 1990s spurring a brief, one-off shift to the left is not indicative of an overall trend but sure, whatever.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Venom Snake posted:

Hillary is legit actually saying poo poo her own Husband did was wrong, and things that Obama are doing is wrong because it's not leftist enough. Gay marriage is gaining popularity nation wide.

Stop being so pessimistic.

Ah, gay marriage, the one true signifier of leftist policy. She also wants abortion to be safe, legal, and as uncommon as possible. What a progressive.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Are people really that upset by Clinton they would throw their vote away? Because it's like the most immature temper tantrum thing to throw your vote away because the candidate you liked in the primary lost.

Yup. Just ask President Gore. So many liberals threw their votes away on Nader trying to pull him left that they made his win in Florida questionable, and open to theft. Read this thread. These are the same drat kind of fools. They'll happily give us another Bush presidency than endure another Clinton who doesn't kiss their asses as often as they'd like.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

My problem with Clinton is that she's a war criminal and in the pocket of the banks.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ah, gay marriage, the one true signifier of leftist policy. She also wants abortion to be safe, legal, and as uncommon as possible. What a progressive.

Hows the death penalty with American left? [legit question]

Fluo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 4, 2015

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

This is absolutely not true, wow. Do you really believe this?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TEAYCHES posted:

My problem with Clinton is that she's a war criminal and in the pocket of the banks.

better not vote ever then.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Fluo posted:

Hows the death penalty with American left?

Opposed if you ask outright but it's not a big topic nationally.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TEAYCHES posted:

And cattle futures too.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/02/28/clin-f28.html

Clinton Foundation raked in cash from right-wing regimes, corporations
By Tom Hall
28 February 2015

Wow look at this promising leftist progressive. I bet everything she says is the gospel truth, just like that guy Obama who implemented single-payer health care, rewarded and encouraged whistleblowers, eliminated all oil and gas tax loopholes, mandated that publicly traded financial partnerships pay the corporate income tax, closed loopholes in the corporate tax deductibility of CEO pay, created a national infrastructure reinvestment bank, started to tax carried interest as ordinary income, signed the employee free choice act to encourage unionization, barred corporations in bankruptcy from giving CEOs bonuses, prevented drug companies from blocking generics, required employers to provide at least seven paid sick days a year, expanded the Family Medical Leave Act to include reasons related to domestic violence or sexual assault, took nuclear weapons off hair trigger alert, etc etc im not listing every single lie but you get the idea

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Venom Snake posted:

better not vote ever then.

Wow, great argument. It's hosed up that we live in a world where we settle for unexciting oligarch war criminals.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Fluo posted:

Hows the death penalty with American left? [legit question]

I don't know but I hate it and think it's barbaric.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/02/28/clin-f28.html

Clinton Foundation raked in cash from right-wing regimes, corporations
By Tom Hall
28 February 2015

Wow look at this promising leftist progressive. I bet everything she says is the gospel truth, just like that guy Obama who implemented single-payer health care, rewarded and encouraged whistleblowers, eliminated all oil and gas tax loopholes, mandated that publicly traded financial partnerships pay the corporate income tax, closed loopholes in the corporate tax deductibility of CEO pay, created a national infrastructure reinvestment bank, started to tax carried interest as ordinary income, signed the employee free choice act to encourage unionization, barred corporations in bankruptcy from giving CEOs bonuses, prevented drug companies from blocking generics, required employers to provide at least seven paid sick days a year, expanded the Family Medical Leave Act to include reasons related to domestic violence or sexual assault, took nuclear weapons off hair trigger alert, etc etc im not listing every single lie but you get the idea

She's going to win, hope this helps.

TEAYCHES posted:

Wow, great argument. It's hosed up that we live in a world where we settle for unexciting oligarch war criminals.

So go run.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

I'll absolutely toxx on the fact that Hillary will, if President of the United States, enter into meaningless illegal wars, i'm sorry, military actions, with other nations on trumped up pretext, much like Obama. I don't know if it will be Iran and won't dream of trying to call specifics.

who can forget all those wars Obama got us into

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

So go run.

no she wont

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

So go run.

I am not old enough to run for President of the United States.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

spoon0042 posted:

Libya is doing pretty well these days, if I recall correctly.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

don Jaime posted:

Yup. Just ask President Gore. So many liberals threw their votes away on Nader trying to pull him left that they made his win in Florida questionable, and open to theft. Read this thread. These are the same drat kind of fools. They'll happily give us another Bush presidency than endure another Clinton who doesn't kiss their asses as often as they'd like.

Hmmm, yes, tell us more how Ralph Nadar stole the election away from a wooden man that hired image coach after image coach to try to make himself seem like a human.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

I am not old enough to run for President of the United States.

Didn't stop the PSL.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. He's certainly not bad on race, but I definitely wish he was better.

He is not trying to make a point, he is trying to poo poo up the thread. Stop reading his posts.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

TEAYCHES posted:

Libya is doing pretty well these days, if I recall correctly.

so one, maybe. still waiting on "meaningless illegal wars" (plural) "on trumped up pretext".

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nintendo Kid posted:

Didn't stop the PSL.

Please don't follow the PSL's dumb example.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Obama throws drones into Yemen and Pakistan....but it's disingenuous as hell to compare that to Iraq & Afghanistan

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Please don't follow the PSL's dumb example.

No, people like him should definitely do that.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

spoon0042 posted:

Who can forget all those american citizens Obama killed with drones, and who can forget the war without borders against IS, and who can forget his enthusiastic continuation of the Afghanistan conflict, who can forget the war in Somalia, who can forget the military actions in the Horn of Africa, who can forget the violation of promises made to not put troops on the ground in Mali, who can forget the expansion of Bush-authorized drone attacks in Pakistan on civilians, who can forget the 2014 Iraq intervention, who can forget firing 110 tomahawk missiles at Libya? You?

Series DD Funding
Nov 25, 2014

by exmarx

visceril posted:

Obama throws drones into Yemen and Pakistan....but it's disingenuous as hell to compare that to Iraq & Afghanistan

The drones and the Afghanistan war were actually Good :ssh:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

No, people like him should definitely do that.

People like me? You mean people who believe that we shouldn't support candidates who are bought and paid for by financial institutions and complicit in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people? I think it's sad that you believe that's a reasonable, mature, serious option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

visceril posted:

Yeah, it's disingenuous to connect Obama to his authorization of 17,000 new troops and expanded airstrikes in Afghanistan and his return of American troops to Iraq just four years after he announced we were out for good.

• Locked thread