Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Why did Oberyn's bastard girls murder that ship captain guy? That seemed hella unneccessary and hosed up.

Why did the jesus freaks brain that poor prostitute?

Why did Bronn and Jaime fight those innocent guard dudes to the death? That's like five people with families.

If the Sons of the Harpy are an army that can outfight the Unsullied and Barristan the Bold, why is Danaerys still alive?

I never thought I'd complain there was too much killing on Game of Thrones. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

rapeface posted:

That subplot let us see Missandei's bomb rear end titties tho

Yeah I regret nothing.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

such bullshit if he died to a bunch of faceless mooks

I'm gonna be upset if he's dead. Someone on Reddit is saying that they saw the opening scene for the next episode and he's on the slab, but I'm going to hope they're just making poo poo up. The fact that Grey Worm saved him from getting his throat cut strikes me as significant though.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Stannis learned how to feel

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VagueRant posted:

If the Sons of the Harpy are an army that can outfight the Unsullied and Barristan the Bold, why is Danaerys still alive?

They took like 10 to 1 losses, and I assume the palace is more heavily defended than a single patrol

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Majorian posted:

I'm gonna be upset if he's dead. Someone on Reddit is saying that they saw the opening scene for the next episode and he's on the slab, but I'm going to hope they're just making poo poo up. The fact that Grey Worm saved him from getting his throat cut strikes me as significant though.

its the first shot in next weeks trailer

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

VagueRant posted:

Why did Bronn and Jaime fight those innocent guard dudes to the death? That's like five people with families.

Yes, why would religious radicals hate gay people? I wonder.

Yes, why kill soldiers trying to arrest you? I wonder.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VagueRant posted:

Why did Oberyn's bastard girls murder that ship captain guy? That seemed hella unneccessary and hosed up.

Because everyone in Game of Thrones is a garbage person.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
So wait a minute a bigass dragon flies over head threatening to torch things, with a queen known as "the mother of dragons" in charge of the city, and these sons of the harpy guys think its a good idea to start their uprising now?

Oh but I guess they killed the Unsullied and Ser Barristan so it will work out just fine.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

zVxTeflon posted:

its the first shot in next weeks trailer

Well, who knows. Maybe it's a Monty Python-style "I'm not dead yet!" fakeout. Please Jebus.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Majorian posted:

Well, who knows. Maybe it's a Monty Python-style "I'm not dead yet!" fakeout. Please Jebus.

Here is a definite answer: There is an interview with the actor who played him in Entertainment Weekly asking how he feels about being killed off. He is definitely dead.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

VagueRant posted:

He smuggled a primo member of the family that killed their dad into the country and didn't bring him to them.

VagueRant posted:

SINNERS! :bahgawd:

VagueRant posted:

Probably to avoid getting poked with spears, maybe. Or at least brought in as prisoners/suspicious persons to the powers that be and then poked with spears.

VagueRant posted:

Because one patrol of like 8 Unsullied or whatever took out 20 or more masked dudes as they died. Dany has like 7,000 more Unsullied hanging around.

VagueRant posted:

I never thought I'd complain there was too much killing on Game of Thrones. :smith:

Valar Morghulis

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

VagueRant posted:

Is this a real post?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Berzerker posted:

Here is a definite answer: There is an interview with the actor who played him in Entertainment Weekly asking how he feels about being killed off. He is definitely dead.

Well poo poo. I'm guessing Jorah will be taking over his part in the books going, then. I can't say I'm pleased with that at all. Oh well.

All right, enough spoilers from me. Still a drat good episode this week.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

There can be only one bodyguard/adviser to the queen. Now we just need to eunuch-ize Tyrion and he can fulfill Greyworm's romance with Missandei. :buddy:

I feel like this is the only reason they killed him off, Dany's inner circle would have started to get really crowded once Varys, Tyrion and Jorah (and Illyrio?) join up with her.

Varys was there during the reign of the mad king right? He would know just as much, if not more about that time than Barristan would

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Preview talk: i don't think these masked dudes planned this very well. Killing all of Darnerys advisors? Back to the murdering fire breathing dragons.

poo poo is going to BURN next week.

I can't wait.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Oh, and when did LF and Sansa go to Winterfell? I feel like I missed something because the last thing I remember they were hanging out in Moat Cailin.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

fullroundaction posted:

Oh, and when did LF and Sansa go to Winterfell? I feel like I missed something because the last thing I remember they were hanging out in Moat Cailin.

They went to Winterfell when you went to the kitchen to get something to eat last week.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

VagueRant posted:

He knowingly smuggled a Lannister into Dorne. That dumbass was dead the second he blabbed about it.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
Great episode but the acting in the sand snakes scene was atrocious and probably the worst I've seen since arya stabbed the fat boy

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

oswald ownenstein posted:

Great episode but the acting in the sand snakes scene was atrocious and probably the worst I've seen since arya stabbed the fat boy
The scene's cinematography was also awful.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
The most obvious reason the ship captain got murdered is because he's a fuckboy little snitch.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

snucks posted:

It reminded me of some kind of extra webisode

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm just excited to see Dorne this season, so I'll take what I can get. It seems so strange that this is all part of Westeros

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Was I the only one who found Melisandre saying "You know nothing Jon Snow" to be a bit of a mindfuck?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

She has mind-reading magic, but it only works if her tits are exposed

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
She did a palm reading with her nipple.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Dany needs to reopen the fighting pits, and make that rich boy that keeps insisting upon them be the main event for the first night.

Then she should raze the city and move on. Meereen is a poo poo city.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

snucks posted:

It switches back and forth between sunny and overcast extremely quickly in Dorne.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

VagueRant posted:

Because he let Jaime Lannister into Dorne.

Because they're psycho nuts.

Because the guards wanted to arrest them/kill them.

Because they were doing guerrilla tactics - striking when the Unsullied were separated and outnumbered and by surprise. Dany presumably always has a lot of guards around her person.

You're a whiner imho

=====

Majorian posted:

The fact that Grey Worm saved him from getting his throat cut strikes me as significant though.
My roommate mentioned that nobody major who has died in this show died "off-screen" - it was always on screen and obvious they were dead. I brought up the Hound, but she countered with the Mountain.

But yeah that interview with EW is kinda damning

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 4, 2015

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
So Jon pretty much has to be a Baratheon right? That was the rule of shadow pussy magic, correct?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

So Jon pretty much has to be a Baratheon right? That was the rule of shadow pussy magic, correct?

Any king works, I think.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Am I just being a pedant, or is it a weird and stupid idea to use spear-wielding soldiers as street cops? I thought the Unsullied were supposed to be crazy badass supersoldiers who can kill a dozen men each. Apparently not as much.

Oh well, I guess Ser Barristan got to take out a bunch of dudes before going out. Good for him, I guess. Hope Grey Worm is ok.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
My only regret is Barristan Selmy didn't get to do that to more people in the show.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
Yiou guys and youre Barristane Selmy crap are bullshit, do we have anyone keepijgn track on when i can taunt the bookreaderss?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Any king works for Melisandre's sex magic, but yeah, he's not just Ned's bastard. She has very specific tastes and she was giving a real hard sell, there.

Also, they haven't mentioned Lyanna in seasons. That can't be coincidental.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Xealot posted:

Am I just being a pedant, or is it a weird and stupid idea to use spear-wielding soldiers as street cops? I thought the Unsullied were supposed to be crazy badass supersoldiers who can kill a dozen men each.

They are. They're also supposed to be numb to pain (nipple) but that kind of got dropped somewhere along the way as well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Spear and shield would have been somewhat useful in the narrow alleyways they started in, and if they had kept in formation. The Unsullied aren't superhuman, they just work really well in formation and have no fear so they are less likely to break formation. (Grey Worm seems to be an exception because he was supposed to be a leader or something?)

Splitting up into loose groups of half a dozen and fighting individually is like the opposite of what they should be doing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Prepare for a lot of really weird responses.

I personally like to think that Jon actually is just Ned's kid with some camp follower, and the reason why he doted on him so much was plain-old paternal affection :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Xealot posted:

Am I just being a pedant, or is it a weird and stupid idea to use spear-wielding soldiers as street cops? I thought the Unsullied were supposed to be crazy badass supersoldiers who can kill a dozen men each. Apparently not as much.

Oh well, I guess Ser Barristan got to take out a bunch of dudes before going out. Good for him, I guess. Hope Grey Worm is ok.

You know, I was upset by that tonight, re-watching tonight's episode. It seems that the Unsullied would have pulled into a phalanx, instead they fought spears against daggers in a corridor.
Fearless super-soldiers, trained together since birth... you might expect at least a basic knowledge of how to work as a unit.
10 to 1 casualties still seems a bit too good for disorganized rebels with no peripheral vision.

• Locked thread