Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

ReindeerF posted:

Also, I grew up in an area that was probably more hispanic / latino than about 95% of this forum and even I'm surprised at the amount of dual-language labeling and things. I'm sure the yankee transplants who are the source of most of the anti-immigrant nonsense in America (i.e. didn't know multiculturalism existed prior to fleeing the Rust Belt) go nuts every time their cheese has QUESO written on the package.
as someone who also grew up in very heavily latino areas, i wasn't.

also, i don't think the rust belt is very yankee.

edit: BRINGING BACK THE HISTORY SNYPE

nero becomes consul

ming-ti introduces buddhism to china

paul arrested in jerusalem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Badger of Basra posted:

i think my mom is having a rough night

you know, whens the last time you told your mother you loved her without consitions?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i grew up in a neighborhood that was about half white half asian when i was born, overwhelmingly asian by the time i left for college

there were plenty of mandarin-only products in my house and the houses of a lot of my friends

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

as someone who also grew up in very heavily latino areas, i wasn't.

also, i don't think the rust belt is very yankee.

please don't try to explain the rest of america to texans, i did it once and sisyphus rose from tartarus and said "thanks for the break"

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

i was reading this when your avatar was flashing and for a second i legit thought that rand paul somehow got arrested in jerusalem

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

If Paul was Ethiopian this would have been so topical that it would be spooky.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Effectronica posted:

please don't try to explain the rest of america to texans, i did it once and sisyphus rose from tartarus and said "thanks for the break"

DO YALL GOT LAH-TEE-NOES IN OREEGUHN

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

If Paul was Ethiopian this would have been so topical that it would be spooky.

If Paul was Ethiopian, his father would not have recognized him, as his existance would have gotten in the way of his shilling gold to racists.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why, why has god cursed us with this state of ross perots clinging to our national gooch like a huge awful tick wearing a stetson....

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
the cinema discusso dumbfucks are complaining about how quicksilver in days of future past was a hipster

i think it's about time we united as one and put an end to their reign of terror

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Effectronica posted:

the cinema discusso dumbfucks are complaining about how quicksilver in days of future past was a hipster

i think it's about time we united as one and put an end to their reign of terror

lol i see where they're coming from. what kind of teen wears a pink floyd t shirt and listens to jim croce? that's some 70s poo poo

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

right, but Xmen quicksilver was cool

why would you complain about a character being a hipster if they are used well, its not like they are a real person you have to put up wtih

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Exclamation Marx posted:

lol i see where they're coming from. what kind of teen wears a pink floyd t shirt and listens to jim croce? that's some 70s poo poo

sounds like a class enemy to me. white dadrock bands are a symbol of boomers, who are scheduled for liquidation. guillotine

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

why, why has god cursed us with this state of ross perots clinging to our national gooch like a huge awful tick wearing a stetson....

issue: Ross Perot could fund his own bid. Not even Dr. Ben Carson could self-fund a general campaign, it costs $2-4 billion these days.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
There was an LF as gently caress song in one of the musicals we saw, straight-up "The constitution was written by slaveowners and elites, history class is indoctrination, freedom is a farce in this consumerist hellscape, death is certain" poo poo
Watching stepdad squirm when I asked why he seemed much more cool with super-leftie stuff from his high-school buddy than from his stepdaughter was p. great

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

PupsOfWar posted:

right, but Xmen quicksilver was cool

why would you complain about a character being a hipster if they are used well, its not like they are a real person you have to put up wtih

because for whatever reason, hipsters have become the new thing to hate

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

because for whatever reason, hipsters have become the new thing to hate

This is partly an outgrowth of goon self-loathing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Exclamation Marx posted:

It's going to take a while for the other shoe to drop, apparently. :laugh:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Small Frozen Thing posted:

There was an LF as gently caress song in one of the musicals we saw, straight-up "The constitution was written by slaveowners and elites, history class is indoctrination, freedom is a farce in this consumerist hellscape, death is certain" poo poo
Watching stepdad squirm when I asked why he seemed much more cool with super-leftie stuff from his high-school buddy than from his stepdaughter was p. great

just wanted to say you have the best anecdotes, thanks one million keep on trucking etc

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Hahaha, welp

Stepdad: Wait, you're bisexual? I thought you were just going through a phase where you liked anime girls or something.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

because he trusts his friend doesn't actually believe that drabble, while he thinks his stepdaughter has drunk the kool-aide

Hahaha, welp

Stepdad: Wait, you're bisexual? I thought you were just going through a phase where you liked anime girls or something.

you still like anime girls, don't you

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hahaha, welp

Broad City's got nothing on your life.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Hahaha, welp

Yeah, all young women go through a period in their lives where they want Sailor Mercury to kiss them on the lips.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Effectronica posted:

Yeah, all young women go through a period in their lives where they want Sailor Mercury to kiss them on the lips.
this but beyonce and then women in general

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

I have a question

why does chat thread like the wrong Meme. Dickbutt is the right meme.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

Hahaha, welp

Do you live in a sitcom?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Spaceman Future! posted:

I have a question

What's the wrong Meme?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the wrong Meme?

the rarest meme.

some so rare I dare not speak its name.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the wrong Meme?

dontsaypepe dontsaypepe dontsaypepe

"jet fuel" is the wrong meme, imo

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Stepdad: *Spots Tyranid/dildo diorama* Uh. Some avant-garde art?
SFT: ohshit

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

this but beyonce and then women in general

well, there are definitely outliers, but this 3500-year-old diary clearly describes, in cuneiform, the writer's dream of a blue-haired woman talking about scholarly pursuits and then making out with her

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

potato of destiny posted:

Do you live in a sitcom?

It is a series of sitcom moments interspersing vast stretches of sitting at a computer and sleeping

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

please tell me this is realtime :munch:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Spaceman Future! posted:

I have a question

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Effectronica posted:

well, there are definitely outliers, but this 3500-year-old diary clearly describes, in cuneiform, the writer's dream of a blue-haired woman talking about scholarly pursuits and then making out with her

Ah, I see you've discovered the true dangers of the Sea Peoples

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

please tell me this is realtime :munch:

Stepdad: Hello Something Awful!

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

youre supposed to like throw a blanket over those things like the everlasting gobstopper machine

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Stepdad: Hello Something Awful!

It all comes back to DaD chat in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

tell your stepdad i said hi

• Locked thread