Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Slybo posted:

Yeah!
The quickly cobbled together and poorly thought out custom maps are starting to pop up.
At least they download quickly from the in-game server browser when you connect. https://youtu.be/fHfQeEOQO_4?list=PLCdZQjVrxXLot61m95wAWOzK5A2jt8KAg

Don't bother with the current Biotic Lab remake. It's flat, ugly, and they made the hallways too narrow with too many enemy spawn points.

Considering enemies appear to take little to no fall damage, I'm hoping somebody makes a map where all the spawnpoints drop enemies out of the sky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Section Z posted:

Considering enemies appear to take little to no fall damage, I'm hoping somebody makes a map where all the spawnpoints drop enemies out of the sky.

I am envisioning a fleet of gargantuan fleshpounds flying in bomber formation, arms outstretched, through the skybox.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Would the office level from KF1 work in KF2? Probably not. I know it's too vertical and full of blind corners, but I liked that feeling of encroaching doom after your base falls apart and your team starts to move upstairs. With every floor you reach you have one less player.

Watching people take their chances and jump from the open window into the parking lot was hilarious as well.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Phrasing posted:

Would the office level from KF1 work in KF2? Probably not. I know it's too vertical and full of blind corners, but I liked that feeling of encroaching doom after your base falls apart and your team starts to move upstairs. With every floor you reach you have one less player.

Watching people take their chances and jump from the open window into the parking lot was hilarious as well.

Actually, a lot of players would just camp the roof the entire game and it was pretty effective.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

Phrasing posted:

The kf1 maps had a lot of dead ends. They'd be pretty rough in KF2

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
My favourite thing about KF is that it feels at all times like you are playing a mod, in the good sense - it's goofy fun of the kind you get when your friend finds this hilariously amazing Custom Map for Warcraft 3 or whatever. The Office level is my favourite example of that. I've jumped off those windows so many times.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Azran posted:

My favourite thing about KF is that it feels at all times like you are playing a mod, in the good sense - it's goofy fun of the kind you get when your friend finds this hilariously amazing Custom Map for Warcraft 3 or whatever. The Office level is my favourite example of that. I've jumped off those windows so many times.
I remember those windows is what caused me to find out that the Hunting Shotgun's alt-fire pushed you back. See, in UT2004 crouching made it so you couldn't go off edges, and KF inherted this trait. So I ended up backing all the way up to the edge with crouch, testing it out because I had just heard of it, then had to turn around and use the alt-fire and...

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just watched a commando with the varmint rifle on full auto with no reload auto shoot every head in hoe first wave, then he left.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I assume he threw the rifle on the ground and said "peace out" before disconnecting.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I was just day dreaming about game merchandise when I was waiting to join a game, how cool would it be to get a squishy foam rubber wad of dosh that glows in the dark. "Dosh! *boink*"

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Has anybody come across an unexpected file download when connecting to a server that they manage? For the life of me I can't remember what the name of the file was but it didn't look like a map a few days ago when it happened.

My host is muliplay.co.uk and other than adjust the timers (i.e. lobby / idle) and set the map rotation to be just the official 3 maps it's stock. Client and server versions are 1006 still I believe. I had though it was a bit random and I've since deleted my client and re-installed and I've not seen it again since so forgot about it.

Today a random pubbie connect and asks what the random file download was:

quote:

Pubbie #1: wot was the download for this server??
Pubbie #1: any one know?
Whittle: happened to me too the other day, cant remember the name?
Pubbie #2: map maybes
Pubbie #1: out post fx it sed
Whittle: its not on the map list
Whittle: ok will googl
Pubbie #1: k cool
Pubbie #3: its a trojan mate
Pubbie #1:: realy?
Pubbie #1: Whittle wots this download??
Whittle: think hes trolling, but yeah I got the download too, need to google it
Pubbie #1: my man wont stop tarking
Whittle: ive seen that happen randomly before on this map
Pubbie #1: got no bullit tracers as well
Whittle: anyway going to lookup that thing, will reconnect as spec
Pubbie #1: how cud he not know hes admin
Pubbie #1: carnt see my bulits

Anyway he went on and on so eventually kicked him as he starts speculating wildy about the server being dodgy, which for all I know it may well be, but the audit logs show didely squat other than multiplay.co.uk updating server versions and me updating the settings I mention above.

Just curious if anybody else has seen anything similar? Apart from that one guy nobody else other than myself has seen it - or at least mentioned anything.

Edit: Just to add I've asked the players who are currently in whether they got a download and the one guy responded said he had just joined and didn't see anything.

Edit: Questioner86 has pointed out that the server version is not the most recent build so that won't be helping things. I've raised a ticket with multiplay to ask how I go about getting updated / prodding them to update it.

Edit: Ignore my slander of multiplay.co.uk, I'm told it's updated automatically but they just hadn't announced it. So the experience above must just be some random oddity.

Whittle fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 6, 2015

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I never played KF1 but I vaguely recall seeing a video with sentry turrets and poo poo. Is an 'engineer' type class in the works for KF2?

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

khy posted:

I never played KF1 but I vaguely recall seeing a video with sentry turrets and poo poo. Is an 'engineer' type class in the works for KF2?

That was a kf1 mod.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Fleshpounds are real jerks on Suicidal. :argh:

I was not really impressed with them on Normal/Hard but they come into their own as a giant wall of hp on Suicidal.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

It's Monday. Where's our new patch? 😭

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Whittle posted:

Just curious if anybody else has seen anything similar? Apart from that one guy nobody else other than myself has seen it - or at least mentioned anything.

It happened to me and my brother. I have no idea what would cause this though.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Scrakes really do feel like the new big bad. At least right now with no sharpshooter class. Their spin-o-death makes it hard to get a bead on their head and they seem to be able to tank more damage since they're not really weak to any current class weapon. Even as a medic I'm more worried about Scrakes then FPs.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Fleshpounds definitely kill more players and are responsible for the majority of my deaths. Hans, on the other hand, is just the worst piece of game design I've seen since God of War's cuisinart hell.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

Fleshpounds definitely kill more players and are responsible for the majority of my deaths. Hans, on the other hand, is just the worst piece of game design I've seen since God of War's cuisinart hell.

Hans would be better if his MGs didn't instakill you practically.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Ledgy posted:

It happened to me and my brother. I have no idea what would cause this though.

Questioner86 has pointed out that the server version is not the most recent build so that won't be helping things.

I've raised a ticket with multiplay to ask how I go about getting updated / prodding them to update it.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Berserker is such a sad, sad class. Needs a lot of support and can't really deal with anything that isn't 1 on 1. That and the perks and class level bonuses are poo poo.

Whittle
Sep 18, 2011

Red Mundus posted:

Berserker is such a sad, sad class. Needs a lot of support and can't really deal with anything that isn't 1 on 1. That and the perks and class level bonuses are poo poo.

Haters gonna hate :p

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

There's a testmap out now that you can speed level on.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

I definitely feel there was more strategy in how people went about killing FPs IN KF1 vs. now. I think they still rage a bit too easily and they're more scary because of their speed and health pool than their attacks and damage output.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is the server password bug still around? It's been plaguing myself and a couple of friends :(

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Capn Beeb posted:

Is the server password bug still around? It's been plaguing myself and a couple of friends :(

Yeah it was there last night. If you add the server to your favorites and join from favorites it prompts you for the pw so you don't have to do the console workaround. Only matters if you play on the same server over and over though.

Whale Cancer posted:

There's a testmap out now that you can speed level on.

how would that even work? Infinite ammo and ???

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Psion posted:

how would that even work? Infinite ammo and ???

Big room where clots drop out of the ceiling 20 at a time. Wall of any gun you want a respawning ammo and armour on the ground. If you want the map hit me up on steam

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WhaleCancer

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Psion posted:

Yeah it was there last night. If you add the server to your favorites and join from favorites it prompts you for the pw so you don't have to do the console workaround. Only matters if you play on the same server over and over though.

Is there a way to enter the server info into favorites manually?

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Can you not unlock everything through SAM like KF1?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Antares posted:

Can you not unlock everything through SAM like KF1?

I don't think you get levels through achievements in this game.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Mindblast posted:

I don't think you get levels through achievements in this game.

If you open KF1 through SAM you can manually edit the level up peremeters, like telling the game "yeah, I've totally killed 5000 stalkers!"

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Azran posted:

If you open KF1 through SAM you can manually edit the level up peremeters, like telling the game "yeah, I've totally killed 5000 stalkers!"

Right, but that wouldn't work in KF2, because KF2 boils the progression down to a more-standard "you earn experience by doing these things" system rather than "you level up by doing this specific thing a specific number of times."

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Sorry if this sounds too defensive but I don't want to anyone thinking that I own or have played any of those lovely YouTube click-bait games.
But a well made Five Nights At Freddie's map would be bad rear end for KF2. The Unreal engine would allow for a lot of artistic detail.

EDIT:
Holy crap sack!
Tomorrow is my 10 year SA anniversary.
Has it only been that long?

Slybo fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 5, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

^^^ They aren't bad games by any stretch of imagination, just kinda formulaic. It's fine to like them. :v:

Opposing Farce posted:

Right, but that wouldn't work in KF2, because KF2 boils the progression down to a more-standard "you earn experience by doing these things" system rather than "you level up by doing this specific thing a specific number of times."

I know, just correcting that even if in KF1 it wasn't tied to achievements, you could still use SAM to level up in it. Not saying it works that way in KF2.

Anyways, I've seen mentions of Agent Wilkes appearing in a dev trailer - can anyone confirm this? It was my favourite player model in KF1. I'm going through the dev diaries and I learnt a fun fact! The Medic weapons are all built on top of the base Medic pistol.

Azran fucked around with this message at 00:11 on May 5, 2015

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

Mah arm! :stare:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Hans is not fun to fight In My Humble Opinion

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Eh, I think if you tone down the rifle fire's damage a bit then it will be better, in my opinion.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I don't think Hans is any worse than the Patriarch he just doesn't have any instakill strats that let you skip him entirely.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Azran posted:

Eh, I think if you tone down the rifle fire's damage a bit then it will be better, in my opinion.

And do something about his lock on grab thing. I've been snatched around corners a few times now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I wonder if those moments of going from 80+ health to dead from Hans's guns in literally one second, even on normal, are Hans nailing headshots? It would be kinda funny if that was a thing.