Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
you take that back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

you're right, it's better now

:boom:

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008

alphabrawl posted:

I'm very bad at Dungeoneering. I waste a lot of time and have bad binds. Most of my XP came from sinks, but now that I'm 75 I think I need to actually run dungeons.

Can anyone offer some pro tips for soloing so I can start prepping for the double tokens weekend?

gently caress yeah double dungeon. I been taking a nice breather but I'll definitely come back to help some people get tokens.

1) Choose ranged or magic, whichever you have higher, and use that in all dungs. Have a pro dung bro make you the best gear you can use.
2) Make a dung action bar. This will be just like a regular action bar for your chosen style, but will have Create Gatestone, Gatestone Teleport, and Group Gatestone Teleport on it.
3) Don't fight anything you don't have to fight. Things need to be killed if they're bosses, in rooms with guardian doors, or loving with your puzzle groove. Run on by otherwise.
4) Read the wiki pages on Daemonheim puzzles, bosses, and abbreviations. When soloing, keep them open while dunging and consult it if you're not sure what to do. When grouping, ask.
5) Get the medium Daemonheim tasks done for free gatestone spell runes. If you can't do that, make Law and Cosmic runes at the start of each floor.
6) Speed is king. Once you've figured out how to dung right, keep asking yourself how you can dung right faster.
7) Communicate when you're dunging in a group. Call out when there's a skill door you can't open. Call out when you drop your gatestone at a key door. Ask when you dunno what to do.
8) Get in the habit of using your gatestone and the group gatestone. Learn to mgt. Don't feel bad when you accidentally break gate instead of teleporting, everyone does that stupid poo poo sometimes.
9) Practice. It doesn't take long to become competent, but it doesn't happen by itself. Last double dung weekend I went from totally clueless to not awful in about a week so you have plenty of time.
10) Thou shalt covet thy neighbor's rear end.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

palamedes posted:

gently caress yeah double dungeon. I been taking a nice breather but I'll definitely come back to help some people get tokens.

1) Choose ranged or magic, whichever you have higher, and use that in all dungs. Have a pro dung bro make you the best gear you can use.

Magic is the best for dungeoneering. Melee cannot touch Necrolord and Saggittare is immune to ranged attacks. Several bosses are sort of strong against magic attacks, but there is nothing in dungeoneering you cannot brute force with magic. Also all non-elemental (cataclytic, celestial, doomcore, etc.) staves gives infinite elemental runes, so you can bind laws if you haven't done DG tasks or arrows if you want to do magic/ranged binds at the same time.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Simsmagic posted:

you're right, it's better now

gently caress you!

Themata posted:

I guess the game just isn't the same without a loveable sharp-witted lady of grain gracing the chat with award winning puns and laughter. :chef:

:rip:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Opinion on Block N Load so far: Really dull and tedious and the rounds last forever. I was thinking of playing the five rounds to get the suit but oh man it's just so unfun I don't think I can.

EDIT: I'm not going to bother playing the other 4 games, I'm uninstalling it now. It's too bad for me.

Simsmagic fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 2, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Only two more ports skills to go!

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Spergminer posted:

Magic is the best for dungeoneering. Melee cannot touch Necrolord and Saggittare is immune to ranged attacks. Several bosses are sort of strong against magic attacks, but there is nothing in dungeoneering you cannot brute force with magic. Also all non-elemental (cataclytic, celestial, doomcore, etc.) staves gives infinite elemental runes, so you can bind laws if you haven't done DG tasks or arrows if you want to do magic/ranged binds at the same time.

I prefer ranged with a staff on switch. It seems to have less problem with most of the mobs you fight (quicker to kill mages, kills meleers quicker than mage kills rangers). The threshold that damages you in exchange for dealing a lot of damage is also way better for range than it is for range, killing most bosses outright whereas the mage version often feels like a weak asphyxiate. I maged from like 102-115 dg before I switched to range and wish I switched sooner.

Also protip: you can talk to the smuggler and get him to switch your starting items for laws, cosmics, antipoison and feathers. Saves you having to craft runes at the start and home porting when you get that ferret fishing room.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

kemikalkadet posted:

I prefer ranged with a staff on switch. It seems to have less problem with most of the mobs you fight (quicker to kill mages, kills meleers quicker than mage kills rangers). The threshold that damages you in exchange for dealing a lot of damage is also way better for range than it is for range, killing most bosses outright whereas the mage version often feels like a weak asphyxiate. I maged from like 102-115 dg before I switched to range and wish I switched sooner.

Also protip: you can talk to the smuggler and get him to switch your starting items for laws, cosmics, antipoison and feathers. Saves you having to craft runes at the start and home porting when you get that ferret fishing room.

I run the same thing, and it's very nice. Ranged has a lot of really great abilities and is super convenient in general.

Also your avatar is loving terrifying.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Only two more ports skills to go!

How the hell did you make yourself grind 99 RC? I can do like an hour of Runespan before I want to blow my brains out

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Magres posted:

How the hell did you make yourself grind 99 RC? I can do like an hour of Runespan before I want to blow my brains out

I did it the first 3 weeks after runespan came out. Started from I think 38.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, the span was actually like 120k-150k xp an hour for its first year, and then they nerfed it. Now it's only worth doing on BXP weekends.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Augh. Yeah, doing it semi afk it's like 80k an hour now, which is why it's my lowest skill.

I should have just botted 99 rc when I was botting 90 rc :(

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I currently have like 700k bexp saved up in Runecrafting for the next bexp weekend so I can double dip and spend the least amount of time training it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
What's the best XP place to use Protean Traps? I currently have like 1500 banked up.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
If you've got Medium Elf tasks done, don't even bother imo. Just do Big Chin everyday, save your quota tickets, then spam baitless grenwall traps in the hunting grounds.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I don't have them done, and I'd rather actually use them than destroy them, and they're cluttering up my inventory.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Now what?

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Start again as HCIM :mrgw:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

"You have completed the game! GO OUTSIDE! ~Love, Jagex."

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
Probably only gonna log in to bankstand and/or recomp. Maybe a minigame or two cus I actually find those fun. I will NOT be attempting trim gently caress that. That's like 2k hours for a cosmetic change, gross.

Can't be bothered to 120 anything for, again, a cosmetic thing. Only things I might wanna work to are rares/fat stax of dollas :10bux:

I couldn't do HCIM I have always relied on the GE way too much.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

It's over. You won.

(Insert effort photoshopping RS stuff here)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

True trim. :mrwhite:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Spergminer posted:

True trim. :mrwhite:

he's already a completionist, don't drive him over the edge

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
But you haven't completed the game until you have trimmed that cape. Now, go and sprain your wrist!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
You could easily and effortlessly get like, 120 thieving or some other easy skill.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

How Rude posted:

You could easily and effortlessly get like, 120 thieving or some other easy skill.

I sometimes afk theive/mining when I do my work. I might -get- a 120 but i won't actively work towards any.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

It's over. You won.

(Insert effort photoshopping RS stuff here)

Is that Cannon Fodder?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Studio posted:

Is that Cannon Fodder?

It is the ending for Cannon Fodder. Image courtesy of the PYF Trolls from game devs.

Sorry, I should have put it in spoiler tags. :sweatdrop:

e: :dance:War! Has never been so much fun~:dance: (skip to 53:20 if link doesn't take you there)

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 5, 2015

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Heads up. Jagex have changed their bonus weekend schedule around to the following

8th - 11th May - Dungeoneering weekend

- Double dungeoneering tokens, including Sinkholes.
- +50% base Sinkholes XP.

15th - 18th May - Slayer & Boss weekend

- +50% base Slayer XP.
- Double Slayer points.
- Expanded drop tables for Kalphite King, Giant Mole and Barrows - Rise of the Six.
- All charm drops offer an extra charm.
- Double amounts of all rare drops, and the ring of wealth doubles in effectiveness.

22nd - 25th May - Minigame weekend

- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
- Double points from Pest Control/Conquest.
- Double Zeal from Soul Wars.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower count as two for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- Double produce points at Livid Farm.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Oooh go grind out that Livid farm :v:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

LOL he's back. He came in to CC 2-3 weeks ago to dot his... He's literally making new accounts to spam our CC>

$20 says its some awful pubbie one of us pissed off by playing the game correctly.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

It is the ending for Cannon Fodder. Image courtesy of the PYF Trolls from game devs.

Sorry, I should have put it in spoiler tags. :sweatdrop:

e: :dance:War! Has never been so much fun~:dance: (skip to 53:20 if link doesn't take you there)

I don't mind it being spoiled (it's old), I was just surprised to see it referenced.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
drat. I'm working this weekend, this is going to make things difficult. Did they explain why they changed the dates?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Studio posted:

I don't mind it being spoiled (it's old), I was just surprised to see it referenced.

Speaking of spoilers, anyone care to post how the murder mystery ended? Those games aren't really my thing, sadly.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Magres posted:

Speaking of spoilers, anyone care to post how the murder mystery ended? Those games aren't really my thing, sadly.

Too busy feeling up that fake girlfriend, eh?

play the game you nerd

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

How Rude posted:

Too busy feeling up that fake girlfriend, eh?

play the game you nerd

Perfect name/post combo. :haw:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I might do an LP of the murder mystery if people are interested, when I have some time. I just need to find a good alternative to Any Video Recorder, since that causes the audio to lag behind the video when I record certain things. :mad: Another question is, would it survive as its own thread?

Also my next project is gonna be a puzzle game, and one of the themes will include Goonscape. ETA: Winter 2015??

Read
Dec 21, 2010

OBS is the go to for recording your desktop nowadays, can take some finagling to get working right though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

He's been doing this in the 4chan friends chat as well, he spams for like 10 seconds then leaves. I'm not sure what the aim is, the spam isn't much different from the general chat there.