Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

LordSaturn posted:

I'm actually about to build this list, because I need a new fringey Modern deck to play with. How does he feel about Sudden Death vs. Hero's Downfall? I get that SD is a split second answer to Twin, but there's a lot of planeswalker-y stuff around my local meta, so I might like to gain some points against them...

Deck looks like fun. Sudden Death seems like a must vs Twin but I don't see why you couldn't squeeze a downfall in somewhere else.
Reminds me of an old super Standard deck that I played on MTGO, a deck that cast OG Sorin regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Endrek Sahr seems an odd choice. A 20 cent card, that's already been reprinted once and never really sees play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Nice. Hierarch at rare. That will CRATER the price.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Toshimo posted:

Endrek Sahr seems an odd choice. A 20 cent card, that's already been reprinted once and never really sees play.

It's probably for limited purposes, remember Skeletal Vampire in MMA?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Toshimo posted:

lol if you didn't think there would be junk rares despite the set being :10bux: a pack.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Toshimo posted:

sacrifice theme

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Woo! Coronet reprint.

Now show me Horizon Canopy.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
That Daybreak Coronet leonin is definitely about to take on the Pillar Men.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

Nice. Hierarch at rare. That will CRATER the price.

I expect it to drop all the way to $60!

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Toshimo posted:

It's to remind magic players that unlike Endrek they are not master breeders.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

GOOD reprints. Endrek is a weird one, but probably fits the theme.
I like to think Cranial Plating's art is so perfect they didn't even think about replacing. :allears:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hell yea, another shot at an Endrek foil!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's already 45 bucks for a NM one on TCG now. I bet the MM ones will be under 30.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

It's already 45 bucks for a NM one on TCG now. I bet the MM ones will be under 30.

After MM1 I am extremely skeptical.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Noble is a chase rare, with 10k participants in the main event at the GP plus TONS of side events ... lots of product will get opened the weekend of the GP! I figure this one will drop pretty nicely. Problem with Tarmo and Dark Confidant (at the time) is there were highly playable AND mythic.

MAYBE DAYBREAK CORONET WILL NOW TANK SO I CAN GET ONE FOR SHU YUN CHRIST

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

Oh dang it even has the scarf, I didn't notice that at first.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Also from SCG:

MTGS has stormblood berserker and vampire lacerator but I have no idea where they got them from

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Hey remember how they put Oona in MMA1?

Who's hoping for a Drana reprint?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Since Daybreak Coronet was future shifted, this makes me wonder if they were intending to print it in Theros block but had to cut it for some reason. I like that they managed to fit it into the flavor of an existing setting, at least. King cat needs a crown.

Starving Autist fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 4, 2015

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

The print run for this set is (apparently) much, much, much higher than MM1. I don't really understand the skepticism here.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I know it's not going to happen but please pleats please let this tank the hierarch price so I can get 7

Also when's release date again?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
/\/\/\: The 22nd. 3 weeks from now.

Elyv posted:

MTGS has stormblood berserker and vampire lacerator but I have no idea where they got them from

From the bottom of Reid Duke's article:

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

quote:

“I feel like, in order to care about the price of a Magic card, you have to be poor,” said Jason. “Like, I have this set of Tarmogoyfs just sitting on my apartment floor — nobody’s used them in the last six months — and I don’t check the price, ever. Who cares? Is Modern Masters 2 coming out soon? I don’t know what any of the new cards do. Yet life goes on.”

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
e;fb black potus :argh:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

And so begins Spoiler Season!

Now spoil Goblin Guide! And Tron Lands!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

So the guy who wrote that awful article about the Pro Tour won the SCG Open yesterday?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

/\/\/\: The 22nd. 3 weeks from now.

From the bottom of Reid Duke's article:

Oh thanks, somehow I missed Reid's article.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Good, good, now do a reprint of that sick old frame Noble Hierarch so I can get my playset of those.

e: Yeah, for mono red tron the list was basically the last list in that Pucatrade article, except with trading posts instead of the chandras and two of the banefires. It was an old Dissolution of Eternity brew and he doesn't stream anymore, but there might be a replay on his channel.

Johnny Five-Jaces fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 4, 2015

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Starving Autist posted:

Since Daybreak Coronet was future shifted, this makes me wonder if they were intending to print it in Theros block but had to cut it for some reason. I like that they managed to fit it into the flavor of an existing setting, at least. King cat needs a crown.

If it was, it was cut probably in Development. It would have been insane in UW Heroic.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

If it was, it was cut probably in Development. It would have been insane in UW Heroic.

Right up until the ordeals fall off anyway

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

You are aware they're lower than that right now? SP copies are about $41 shipped on tcgplayer today!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Every rare in MM1 was under $20 except for Cryptic Command. MM15 print run is at least 4x larger than MM1 just based on what stores are getting in their first shipment.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GoutPatrol posted:

Was that card a player in Standard? The setup cost seems SO high... I guess in a boggles or hexproof deck?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

En Fuego posted:

MAYBE DAYBREAK CORONET WILL NOW TANK SO I CAN GET ONE FOR SHU YUN CHRIST

I need this list. Is it in the EDH thread?

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Was that card a player in Standard? The setup cost seems SO high...

It wasn't played in standard at all. I don't think it was worth much until bogles got their hands on it, either. Maybe a few dollars from casual appeal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ShadeofBlue posted:

It wasn't played in standard at all. I don't think it was worth much until bogles got their hands on it, either. Maybe a few dollars from casual appeal.

I almost spit out my coffee when I saw that it was 25 bucks...

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mcmagic posted:

I almost spit out my coffee when I saw that it was 25 bucks...

And purely on the back of Modern Boggles and EDH.

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014
Well Affinity is definitely a thing again then, if Cranial Plating is anything to go by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rimusutera posted:

Well Affinity is definitely a thing again then, if Cranial Plating is anything to go by.

If you want to get technical, not really, given that there's no actual card with "Affinity for" in it yet.

But we can hope.

• Locked thread