Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

shadok posted:

Tell your healer to stop using that channeled stun, because while he's doing that he's not healing you.

That channeled stun is the worst, but I turn off all of my healers' offensive abilities. They're all a waste of time and energy they could be using to heal you.

I also turn off their ground-target AOE heal, because it's worthless if you're not in a group, and even if you are in a group they have bad aim and don't anticipate people moving around. I also dislike having my character constantly covered in green slime, but that's another matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Just bought the $40 Amazon starter pack and will be harassing goons for an invite tomorrowish; here's a fresh Cantina code thing if anyone needed it: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/2tdweb

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

boho posted:

Just bought the $40 Amazon starter pack and will be harassing goons for an invite tomorrowish; here's a fresh Cantina code thing if anyone needed it: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/2tdweb

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/ailwz

Here's mine. Thanks for that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I got some armor off the market unlocked to my account and i bought some comm armor parts for it. So when I out level this set can I send it to another alt to use or how to you use the hand me downs? And how do you send legacy gear to alts, I couldn't put in the stronghold storage.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 4, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So is 12x active now? I just completing a storyline quest and got 5k experience, but I have no context to know if that's regular or boosted.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

I'm not on to check but it should say if you mouse over your xp bar I believe. Doesn't sound like it though.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
I believe I saw it would be 8AM PST / 11AM EST before it went live (with the daily resets?)

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

I got some armor off the market unlocked to my account and i bought some comm armor parts for it. So when I out level this set can I send it to another alt to use or how to you use the hand me downs? And how do you send legacy gear to alts, I couldn't put in the stronghold storage.

It's not legacy gear unless it specifically says "binds to legacy" on it. All of the cartel market gear is bind on pickup so it's bound to your specific character. If you want to reuse the mods you would have to remove them all from the current armor and put them into orange shells that are bind to legacy and then send them over.

By unlocking the cm gear across your account you made it so all of your characters could go into collections and make their own character specific copy of the cm gear. That's not the same as an item you can mail between characters.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
For anyone still on the fence about subscribing or buying SoR, the Amazon bundle pack is down to $30 That's 2 months of subscription, SoR expansion, and 2400 cartel coins.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Stan S. Stanman posted:

It's not legacy gear unless it specifically says "binds to legacy" on it. All of the cartel market gear is bind on pickup so it's bound to your specific character. If you want to reuse the mods you would have to remove them all from the current armor and put them into orange shells that are bind to legacy and then send them over.

By unlocking the cm gear across your account you made it so all of your characters could go into collections and make their own character specific copy of the cm gear. That's not the same as an item you can mail between characters.

Wait, so if you get an outfit unlocked, it's only for that one character, not your entire account? I was debating grabbing one of those robe collections to make my guy look sufficiently awesome, but if that's the case, forget it.

So what are the must have Quality of Life unlocks? I'm currently subscribed and all I've bought so far is the Going Places bundle, which is pretty handy, though the Rocket Boosters really should last longer and/or have a shorter cooldown for them to really be worth it. I already found out the Speeder Piloting things are character only, not Legacy or Account wide, which sucks. Same for Inventory slots... Are Cargo Bays the same? What about the new Appearance slots? It seems like a lot of stuff is character only (bad) or already granted with a subscription (very good), which makes the whole coin shop sorta pointless and only for buying specific dumb gear for a certain character, like color crystals or speeders.

And yes, I already bought Treeq. Still have over 5k and no idea what to spend it on that will be worth it for multiple characters.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Fuzz posted:

Wait, so if you get an outfit unlocked, it's only for that one character, not your entire account? I was debating grabbing one of those robe collections to make my guy look sufficiently awesome, but if that's the case, forget it.

It gets added to a character's collection, and when you get on another character, it will show it and have a button to unlock for the legacy. I unlocked the descendant's saber, cost me 500 to buy it and I think 250 to make available to everyone.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

You can buy account wide unlocks for: cargo bays, inventory space, extra legacy storage, strongholds, rocket boost (all 3 levels), and unlock Treek account wide. Just make sure to look in the description since some of those also exist character only. It'll say "account unlock" or somesuch.

There are outfits that are across legacy (server wide) but those are not available through the shop usually. Mostly through quests or being a subscriber at the right time and get them as gifts.

If you're a subscriber, the Cartel market is mostly for gambling packs and playing dressup.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

You can buy account wide unlocks for: cargo bays, inventory space, extra legacy storage, strongholds, rocket boost (all 3 levels), and unlock Treek account wide. Just make sure to look in the description since some of those also exist character only. It'll say "account unlock" or somesuch.

There are outfits that are across legacy (server wide) but those are not available through the shop usually. Mostly through quests or being a subscriber at the right time and get them as gifts.

If you're a subscriber, the Cartel market is mostly for gambling packs and playing dressup.

Oh, didn't know there were more levels of the Rocket Boost. Inventory seemed to imply it was character only, I am totally gonna unlock all levels with coins, then. Did the Revan preorder merchant sell anything worthwhile? They seem to have expanded the selection of the Security Key and CE guys, mainly with Dye stuff.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

Medullah posted:

For anyone still on the fence about subscribing or buying SoR, the Amazon bundle pack is down to $30 That's 2 months of subscription, SoR expansion, and 2400 cartel coins.

Mother fucker, I bought this for $40 the day before.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

boho posted:

Mother fucker, I bought this for $40 the day before.

Email amazon, ask for a credit. They're pretty good about that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Hulk Smash! posted:

Is the armor for the space shooter game legacy gear? Like all my characters have 4 sets of those.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

Is the armor for the space shooter game legacy gear? Like all my characters have 4 sets of those.

Yes, if you are talking about the ones that you get in the mail because you were a subscriber when gsf came out. The box they come in may say bind in equip on it, but the gear inside will be bind on legacy. Tor-fashion has a whole page listing all of the bind on legacy gear.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah i just augmented an entire set of the starfighter crap gear to use as my tank gear for my assassin, so i can ship it to my shadow if i decide to tank with her ever.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah i just augmented an entire set of the starfighter crap gear to use as my tank gear for my assassin, so i can ship it to my shadow if i decide to tank with her ever.

Best thing about this outfit designer thing. I can use sets with visually different icons for dps, tank, pvp etc and see the pieces in my inventory. The only problem is the belts and bracers all tend to be similar. I like using the red blue and white gree sets, but the pilot ones are free!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Best thing about this outfit designer thing. I can use sets with visually different icons for dps, tank, pvp etc and see the pieces in my inventory. The only problem is the belts and bracers all tend to be similar. I like using the red blue and white gree sets, but the pilot ones are free!

My favorite dumb costume is my Assassin using the old Columi War Leader armor (robot with wings on shoulder) with the Rishi pirate hat. He looks like a pirate Aerialbot.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

Email amazon, ask for a credit. They're pretty good about that.

Just did this because I'm in the same boat. Here's hoping.

So are the ship unlocks for Starfighter account wide or just per character? They don't say account wide on the description, and none of the other stuff is account wide. Should I basically only do the Starfighter stuff on one character and forget about it for the rest? Does it have any bearing on main game stuff? Do the companions have different bonuses between classes or are all tank companions the same, etc?

Guess I'll have to make a new Inquisitor to use for it, then, since of all the options, Andronikos would probably be the least annoying as a copilot.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FYI if you're looking for the 12x XP boost. Something went wrong and:

Bioware posted:

When does the 12X start? | 05.04.2015, 09:26 AM
Hey folks,

In order to turn on our Epic Story XP Boost, we are running a script which will activate it for all subscribers. In total the script will take approximately 90 minutes to hit all subscribers. Once the script has hit you, you will need to log out and log back in for it to be active. I will post in this thread once the script has been completed.

All subscribers should have the Epic Story XP Boost by 10AM PDT.

Thank you for your patience. I will continue giving updates as I have them.

-eric

Also, the conclusion of Ziost is a cool cutscene and then access to only dailies... No new story missions. Beh.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Do the dailies reward the purple tokens?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yep. And the weekly gives 12 ultimate comms.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Fuzz posted:

So are the ship unlocks for Starfighter account wide or just per character? They don't say account wide on the description, and none of the other stuff is account wide. Should I basically only do the Starfighter stuff on one character and forget about it for the rest? Does it have any bearing on main game stuff? Do the companions have different bonuses between classes or are all tank companions the same, etc?

Guess I'll have to make a new Inquisitor to use for it, then, since of all the options, Andronikos would probably be the least annoying as a copilot.

Starfighter ship unlocks are per character. I would just pick one toon for doing starfighter (personally I have one Imp and one Pub) because once you start upgrading your ships, you're not going to feel like grinding that out on multiple toons.

Different companions have different bonuses but you can min-max and buy companions you don't have with fleet requisition, so you can eventually get the perfect combination of bonuses for your ships.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI if you're looking for the 12x XP boost. Something went wrong and:

Also, the conclusion of Ziost is a cool cutscene and then access to only dailies... No new story missions. Beh.

Isn't there a new world boss AND a new raid boss? Did they add any reason to do the dailies (ie can you buy anything with the new currency besides rubbish comms gear?)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Yes, new world boss and raid boss but I'm not going near that with pubbies.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Decoration from one of the new bosses -

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I love in the new cinema I get to make out with Lana and have her call me "my love" allllll while Ashara stands by watching

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Medullah posted:

I love in the new cinema I get to make out with Lana and have her call me "my love" allllll while Ashara stands by watching

At least they didn't go for the Jade Empire option...

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Fuzz posted:

At least they didn't go for the Jade Empire option...

Or the not as well known second Jade Empire option where they toss you out and proceed together without you.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

"Don't make me go against my teachings"

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any way to try and stay current with gear as we're speeding through the levels? What with barely being on a planet long enough to do storyline I feel super-weak vs everything.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Pierson posted:

Is there any way to try and stay current with gear as we're speeding through the levels? What with barely being on a planet long enough to do storyline I feel super-weak vs everything.

They increased the basic comms you get from class quests so you can afford to buy the mods and armoring upgrades from the planet comm vendors.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Buy oranges, upgrade mods. I don't know if you get enough to do so every planet though.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

if you get 12 comms per planet, you can upgrade 3 pieces per planet so you can basically cycle your gear out every 10-12 levels totally or just incrementally upgrade it after every planet, unless you get more than 12 per planet. I think you only get the 12 boost for the last quest and usually planets are what, 3-5 levels?

I feel that there are still going to be some gaps. Also, your companion is going to basically just have to wait.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pierson posted:

Read the last 3 pages, this has been asked a few times. :)

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Happy "May the Fourth be With You" day, goonland.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Lightsaber+Teardown/41157

Ifixit contacted me a week ago and asked if they could do a tear down of one of the Lightsabers I built. I figured, why not?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Medullah posted:

Read the last 3 pages, this has been asked a few times. :)
I may be level 50 in SWTOR but I'm level 1 in reading comprehension. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Also, don't forget that each planet has a mod vendor that sells you green mods/barrels/hilts/armorings for credits. If you pick up a gathering skill you can more or less make enough money from the stuff you get through that to pay for a new set on each planet that should carry you through as long as you play well.

And with a bonus to comms, you can get the enhancements with those to round out your gear nicely.

• Locked thread