Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

also why are you compressing anything?

because they aren't animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Shaggar posted:

if ntfs is compressing things why should I care? also why are you compressing anything? disk is basically free

why aren't you using a bmp as you avatar?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
because the trade off between quality and bandwidth usage is worth while. there isn't a bandwidth issue w/ game content.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

New office2016 preview launched

themes available: white, grayer, grayer, grayest

and...colourful:

goddamn that's some awful font rendering

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The_Franz posted:

directwrite lol

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
in the world of shaggar, io is free

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The_Franz posted:

it's windows

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

it's windows

windows is so ugly lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

it's windows

it's tape

pram
Jun 10, 2001
windows is a piece of poo poo HTH

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

akadajet posted:

it's tape

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
my work desktop at my desk is a windows pc and ill have something i want to screen shot for a customer and swivel chair over to my personal mac to recreate the scene and screen cap it there cuz A) it looks 100x better and B) windows screen shot is a pain in the rear end

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

in the world of shaggar, io is free

disk io is not the bottleneck in video games

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sniep posted:

my work desktop at my desk is a windows pc and ill have something i want to screen shot for a customer and swivel chair over to my personal mac to recreate the scene and screen cap it there cuz A) it looks 100x better and B) windows screen shot is a pain in the rear end

windows screenshots are incredibly easy so you must be an idiot.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Shaggar posted:

windows screenshots are incredibly easy so you must be an idiot.

1) push print screen button
2) hunt down and open ms paint
3) find where they buried edit>paste in the new shitmenu format
4) paste
5) save
6) go back and reopen paint and repaste and resave because for some goddamn reason it did it as a jpg the first time
7) dig for wherever the hell "documents > photos > library of photos > paint photos" or wherever it put it is

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
hit print screen. paste it wherever. if its mspaint you just type mspaint and then paste and save. you are making up steps that you don't have to do. either because you're an idiot or because you're trying to make it look harder than it is.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
theres also the sniping tool that does those steps for you if you want.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
OS X (most advanced OS) puts the screenshot on the desktop in one format ready to be uploaded to imgur at your earliest convenience

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

*crouching behind baobob on african veldt, peers through binoculars* I've done it. After years of painstaking research and endless searching, I have finally hunted down ms paint.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

hit print screen. paste it wherever. if its mspaint you just type mspaint and then paste and save. you are making up steps that you don't have to do. either because you're an idiot or because you're trying to make it look harder than it is.

there should be a setting to save directly to disk

(i use greenshot for my literally professional screenshotting needs because the built-in windows functionality doesn't cut it.)

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Shaggar posted:

theres also the sniping tool that does those steps for you if you want.

this tool is okay but not as good as it should be also it uses keyboard shortcuts that are overridden by other system th ingies

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Sniep posted:

the snipping tool is a good example of microsoft not getting it

they wrote a new screenshot tool in TYOL 2006 and it DOESNT INCREMENT THE FILENAME

"Capture.PNG already exists. Do you want to replace it?"

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Sniep posted:

my work desktop at my desk is a windows pc and ill have something i want to screen shot for a customer and swivel chair over to my personal mac to recreate the scene and screen cap it there cuz A) it looks 100x better and

you can enable super sampling in windows unless you've got some weird number best one china monitor with a non standad refresh rate

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

angry_keebler posted:

you can enable super sampling in windows unless you've got some weird number best one china monitor with a non standad refresh rate

sorry, in windows it's called "subpar sampling"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

angry_keebler posted:

i want a robot knife sharpener where you pop a knife in and input the angle you want and then it does a better job than i can do by had with a bunch of stones and it only takes like takes 10 seconds or w/e and it has shape and tip detection so it does as good a job on cleavers and japanese knives as it does on like a pairing knife

sounds amazing cant wait to sharpen my dick

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

New office2016 preview launched

themes available: white, grayer, grayer, grayest

and...colourful:

theyre making a new desktop office version? i thought everyone was supposed to move to office 365?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
office 365 connects to the desktop office

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Shaggar posted:

office 365 connects to the desktop office

but i already have a disk

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
office 365 is like a disk in the cloud

poty
Jun 21, 2008

do you if things are compressed in the cloud? this is very important

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
probably. disk io and transfer are probably issues for cloud based applications.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sniep posted:

1) push print screen button
2) hunt down and open ms paint
3) find where they buried edit>paste in the new shitmenu format
4) paste
5) save
6) go back and reopen paint and repaste and resave because for some goddamn reason it did it as a jpg the first time
7) dig for wherever the hell "documents > photos > library of photos > paint photos" or wherever it put it is

im sorry man im usually with you on stuff but this is loving retarded

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
print screen start type mspaint enter control v save as -> cool screeny.png 3 seconds and done. literally.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

im sorry man im usually with you on stuff but this is loving retarded

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
alternately, ⌘+$, drag a rectangle, it's on your desktop

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Sniep posted:

alternately, ⌘+$, drag a rectangle, it's on your desktop

it takes the same time bro. in the voice of the epic jeb lund or whatever, this is not the hill u want to die on

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smythe posted:

it takes the same time bro. in the voice of the epic jeb lund or whatever, this is not the hill u want to die on

i've done both extensively and it really doesn't, especially if the screenshot is smaller than the canvas so u gotta crop before saving

greenshot supremacy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

carry on then posted:

i've done both extensively and it really doesn't, especially if the screenshot is smaller than the canvas so u gotta crop before saving

greenshot supremacy

then use snippin tool

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i have dropbox put my screenies on the ~*cloud*~ automatically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

os x screenshotting is orders of magnitude better than fukken printscreen + mspaint

especially if youve gotta do many in a row

• Locked thread