Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm good with those puzzles but I, for the life of me, can never solve sliding tile puzzles, anytime one pops up in a game I immediately realize I'm about to hit a brick wall.

Yep. Also, I don't know what to call them, but there's a tile puzzle game where when you flip one tile, all adjacent tiles also flip, and you have to get all the tiles in a certain arrangement (like all of them flipped). Not a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sleeveless posted:

OK, but first I have 8 matchsticks...

gently caress YOU!

I remember that some stupid rear end Hanoi puzzle was in one of the KOTOR games. Even at like 13 years old or whatever, I remember hating that dumb tired crap.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Lotish posted:

Yep. Also, I don't know what to call them, but there's a tile puzzle game where when you flip one tile, all adjacent tiles also flip, and you have to get all the tiles in a certain arrangement (like all of them flipped). Not a fan.

Ugh, these and sliding tile puzzles (though the sliders are worse) are my bane. I always, 100%, need to look up a walkthrough if one of these shows up.

I wonder if there's some sort of algorithm that can intuitively find the solution to these sorts of puzzles.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I think Dragon Age had a tombstone for T.Hanoi. Got a good laugh out of me.

Binding of Isaac is a very good game and I give it gobs of praise. I do not like achievements based on RNG. There are two that require you to get four horsemen to spawn as bosses through your run so you can get cubes of meat from them to make a Super Meat Boy and a cheevo. Horsemen are not required to show, if they do there is no saying that you get 4 in a run and AND even if you get three cubes and a fourth horseman, they may drop a ball of bandages instead. Bandages are for making Bandage Girl and is the same process.
My blood-pressure spike when I get three balls of bandages, a horseman as my last pre-mom boss and get meat. gently caress it.
gently caress IT

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This happens in the Strategy genre as a whole but Age of Wonders 3 makes me bring it up:

1: Not being able to sort out your unit deployment. In AoW3 it seems there is some kind of method to how your units are set up but it often leads to things like my hero being in the front center and my slowest unit in the center back. Also my cavalry will be placed in the inner part of the army instead of in the outer where I can have them run around the outside of the enemy position. This is often the situation:

There isn't a reason why the hero can't be in back and infantry would be in the center while cavalry take the flanks.

2: Simultaneous turns and the AI: Oh look at me, I'm the AI! I know exactly all situations and have no need to press buttons and can just have stuff happen. Oh that unit that you're frantically trying to move out of the way? Sorry, you can't move right now cause I'm sending a deathstack from the fog of war to kill it. Try reloading and moving the unit faster, maybe you'll save that scout!

E: Oh and when you build/research something that improves your units you don't even get an option to take your existing units and update them for a fee, you have to live with your existing units not getting some extra hit points or disband and rebuild them.

Leal has a new favorite as of 06:38 on May 4, 2015

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

John Murdoch posted:

I'm a fighting game novice to begin with so my perspective is way different, but when I was playing through the story mode I would start getting the hang of it for about 2-3 fights, then suddenly a fight would come up that I'd have to try at least six times. Usually the bullshit 1v2 fights in particular. And this was after turning the difficulty down because I couldn't even get past the opening fight against Reptile on Normal.
Those 1v2 fights are really annoying. I first got stuck on the Scorpion vs. Cyrax and Sektor one and now I'm stuck on Liu Kang vs. Scorpion and Quan Chi. I'm OK against Scorpion, but Quan Chi's teleport stomp move just keeps destroying me.

OldTennisCourt posted:

I'm good with those puzzles but I, for the life of me, can never solve sliding tile puzzles, anytime one pops up in a game I immediately realize I'm about to hit a brick wall.
If you're lucky, it's not randomised so you can look at a walkthrough. If it's randomised or there's no walkthrough yet, sliding tile puzzles just bring the whole game to a grinding halt. I seem to be in the right frame of mind to be able to solve them about half the time, and other times I just can't do them at all. And even when I can do them, they're still just a bullshit waste of time. At least Towers of Hanoi is easy once you know what you're doing.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Inzombiac posted:

Binding of Isaac is a very good game and I give it gobs of praise. I do not like achievements based on RNG. There are two that require you to get four horsemen to spawn as bosses through your run so you can get cubes of meat from them to make a Super Meat Boy and a cheevo. Horsemen are not required to show, if they do there is no saying that you get 4 in a run and AND even if you get three cubes and a fourth horseman, they may drop a ball of bandages instead. Bandages are for making Bandage Girl and is the same process.
My blood-pressure spike when I get three balls of bandages, a horseman as my last pre-mom boss and get meat. gently caress it.
gently caress IT

IIRC, the book of revelations forces a horseman to be the boss.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Leal posted:

This happens in the Strategy genre as a whole but Age of Wonders 3 makes me bring it up:

1: Not being able to sort out your unit deployment. In AoW3 it seems there is some kind of method to how your units are set up but it often leads to things like my hero being in the front center and my slowest unit in the center back. Also my cavalry will be placed in the inner part of the army instead of in the outer where I can have them run around the outside of the enemy position. This is often the situation:

There isn't a reason why the hero can't be in back and infantry would be in the center while cavalry take the flanks.

2: Simultaneous turns and the AI: Oh look at me, I'm the AI! I know exactly all situations and have no need to press buttons and can just have stuff happen. Oh that unit that you're frantically trying to move out of the way? Sorry, you can't move right now cause I'm sending a deathstack from the fog of war to kill it. Try reloading and moving the unit faster, maybe you'll save that scout!

E: Oh and when you build/research something that improves your units you don't even get an option to take your existing units and update them for a fee, you have to live with your existing units not getting some extra hit points or disband and rebuild them.

Number 2 is the worst bullshit. I've been playing AoW3 and overall I've been enjoying it but that is the worst. Reading an important popup and BOOM suddenly things are ready to push your capitals poo poo in.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Kerbtree posted:

IIRC, the book of revelations forces a horseman to be the boss.

This isn't the case with Rebirth(don't remember the original enough to say one way or the other). It increases the odds of them showing up but hey, that still gives you another avenue to get bad RNG

On top of all that there's also Conquest who can spawn instead of War, dropping the White Pony instead of one of the two necessary items

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wanted to like the game Mercenary Kings but there are a couple of things that just made it too annoying. Like they have multiple levels where you need to do platforming to finish but your movement ability is tied to weapon weight and you can't change that mid level. Also the build a weapon stuff becomes kind of pointless when you realize how much of the damage is tied to how many bullets the gun can carry.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

muscles like this? posted:

I wanted to like the game Mercenary Kings but there are a couple of things that just made it too annoying. Like they have multiple levels where you need to do platforming to finish but your movement ability is tied to weapon weight and you can't change that mid level. Also the build a weapon stuff becomes kind of pointless when you realize how much of the damage is tied to how many bullets the gun can carry.

I had the same experience with this game. A friend and I tried to play it and realized all we did was gripe about the game as we played.

I hated the inability to fire in all directions like Contra, he hated how if you missed a jump you sometimes had to go all the way around a one way road and kill the same monsters over and over again until you inevitably missed a jump again and repeated all that.

If anything the game made me put it down and play Bionic Commando again. Not the crappy remakes. The original.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

The weapon weight messed me up completely until I figured out that the weapon weight is negated completely if you equip another piece of equipment. When you get to the later levels, you will need to just pull out your Transceiver to not get killed. I think it's an acceptable compromise because it leaves you vulnerable and having to make sure your next move won't get you hit because you can't shoot your giant gun.

This doesn't help the moving bosses, particularly in the Science Facility, where they can move to another room across the map. Metal Woof is very bad for this, to the point where I just waited for it to move back to the room I originally fought it.

Inco has a new favorite as of 15:52 on May 4, 2015

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Len posted:

Number 2 is the worst bullshit. I've been playing AoW3 and overall I've been enjoying it but that is the worst. Reading an important popup and BOOM suddenly things are ready to push your capitals poo poo in.

Endless Space was pretty god drat bad about simultaneous turns, too. A lot of the time if you moved a fleet to attack another fleet, the game would retreat it the instant you gave the order. Then, at the start of the turn, it would attack all your fleets at once and you'd be stuck with the crappy autoresolve instead of getting to pick your cards for the battles.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lotish posted:

Lightswitch puzzles or "turn off the lights" puzzles. I was going to post this after the last page.

I distinctly remember one of these in Mario RPG on SNES that wasn't too bad, but another one in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess that I ended up just pressing buttons at random until it worked because I got too frustrated and couldn't give a poo poo to figure it out.

I like some puzzles in my games for sure but lazy copy & paste of basic non-videogame puzzles are super boring.

Leal posted:

One of the reasons why Heroes of Might and Magic is the ultimate fantasy turn-based strategy champ. AOW3 is good too, don't get me wrong.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Mercenary Kings sucks. I want to make a gun that shits out a bajillion bullets but after a while it feels like every enemy is only vulnerable for very brief moments so it's a total waste. If you aren't specifically building your gun to shoot singular high damage bullets then you are not contributing to the team. Sometimes you'll be in the middle of a boss fight and they'll just straight up leave so you have to walk all the way across the map to find them again. Sometimes that takes so long that by the time you finally get to them, they just leave again. The platforming becomes way and way more punishing for a game with really rigid jump controls. I died way more to obstacles than any enemy.

Game's bad.

Hunky Joe posted:

If anything the game made me put it down and play Bionic Commando again. Not the crappy remakes. The original.

actually Bionic Commando: Rearmed is amazing

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Kaubocks posted:

Mercenary Kings sucks. I want to make a gun that shits out a bajillion bullets but after a while it feels like every enemy is only vulnerable for very brief moments so it's a total waste. If you aren't specifically building your gun to shoot singular high damage bullets then you are not contributing to the team.

I made a shotgun that had 100% in shells and magnum so I could get the grapeshot, put the STANAG mag on it so it reloaded in a second, then got the Selective Fire proficiency that gave me a 3-round burst. I think I built it in Lt. Col. or Col. rank and used it almost exclusively until the end. It was a cone of bullets that melted everything in front of me. It wasn't even that heavy so I had normal movement speed, then I slapped on a Sprinter+ and Dodger+ module and was nearly impossible to hit if I stayed on my toes.

The problem with Mercenary Kings is primarily in that there are a lot more game mechanics that need to be taken into account than it appears, and you can't play it like Contra. You have to know how much equipment you're taking into the field, what equipment you need, and when to escape back to base because you didn't bring any C4 with you.

The bosses escaping and drop rates are awful tho.

Inco has a new favorite as of 17:53 on May 4, 2015

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

actually Bionic Commando: Rearmed is amazing

Is this the sequel and should I bother with the first one if so?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Kaubocks posted:

Mercenary Kings sucks. I want to make a gun that shits out a bajillion bullets but after a while it feels like every enemy is only vulnerable for very brief moments so it's a total waste. If you aren't specifically building your gun to shoot singular high damage bullets then you are not contributing to the team. Sometimes you'll be in the middle of a boss fight and they'll just straight up leave so you have to walk all the way across the map to find them again. Sometimes that takes so long that by the time you finally get to them, they just leave again. The platforming becomes way and way more punishing for a game with really rigid jump controls. I died way more to obstacles than any enemy.

Game's bad.

Yeah I really had a frustrating time with Mercenary Kings.

Didn't help that Broforce came out at literally the exact same time and is extremely similar but waaaaaay more fun.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Hunky Joe posted:

Is this the sequel and should I bother with the first one if so?

Depends on which "first one" you're talking about.

Rearmed isn't so much a sequel as it is a modern re-imagining of the original NES title. It's really good.

If you're asking about the Xbox 360 title, well, reviews are mixed but one thing everyone can agree on is that it's got one of the most ridiculous "are you loving serious, really" plot reveals in videogame history.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

And Rearmed 2 just sucks.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Depends on which "first one" you're talking about.

Rearmed isn't so much a sequel as it is a modern re-imagining of the original NES title. It's really good.

If you're asking about the Xbox 360 title, well, reviews are mixed but one thing everyone can agree on is that it's got one of the most ridiculous "are you loving serious, really" plot reveals in videogame history.

Okay I was talking more about the 3D title and I think Rearmed came out before that? I didn't know about Rearmed just the fairly "meh" looking PS3/XBOX ones. A quick Google tells me I need to grab Rearmed though.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Hunky Joe posted:

Okay I was talking more about the 3D title and I think Rearmed came out before that? I didn't know about Rearmed just the fairly "meh" looking PS3/XBOX ones. A quick Google tells me I need to grab Rearmed though.

I think they came out within a few months of each other.

Rearmed is frustrating at times but in a good way.

The 3D Bionic Commando has its moments and is probably worth the couple bucks you'd pay to pick it up used these days.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

And Rearmed 2 just sucks.

Best part of it is the Tom Selleck moustache.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

The 3D Bionic Commando has its moments and is probably worth the couple bucks you'd pay to pick it up used these days.

Well frustration was partially what made the game so fun. Like those damned sewer levels with the ooze trying to knock you off ledges as you spammed your grappling hook for anything remotely grippable in a desperate flurry.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Rearmed came out first and if you had it on your system (it might have needed a completed save) you could change your skin in the other Bionic Commando game into the classic version of the character.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Mass Effect 2:

:wotwot: I - the incredibly wealthy and influential illusive man - brought you back to life and will give you a ship with a crew to save the universe!
:jeb: Can I get a few credits to buy weapon upgrades?
:wotwot: Lol no, go hack some ATM or smuggle stuff for people.
:jeb: Can I get some resources to research stuff?
:wotwot: No, go to all these known planets that have them but weren't touched before by anyone. I can't order another ship to do it for you because Outlook Express is all hosed up. Oh, and the AI can't do the probing for you either. Just because.
:jebstare:

Enabling the console "fixed" it, because no way I would do the probing poo poo, or the stupid hacking games (for money) every time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

it's got one of the most ridiculous "are you loving serious, really" plot reveals in videogame history.
I'm going to spoil this for everyone because there's no excuse for playing it: your arm is your dead wife.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm going to spoil this for everyone because there's no excuse for playing it: your arm is your dead wife.

What the Christ? Seriously?

It's so stupid that I believe it...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

Good ole' wifearm.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Hunky Joe posted:

What the Christ? Seriously?

It's so stupid that I believe it...

Yahtzee (of Zero Punctuation) almost had a meltdown about it in his secondary column, Extra Punctuation. I'm a sucker for reading breakdowns of why games/movies fail so it was a cool read to me but probably :goonsay: to sane people

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You get this really stupid explanation late in the game that they couldn't make bionic limbs work on their own so basically they took someone close to whoever was going to get one, killed them and implanted them into the limb. Because its a loved one they have a rapport that lets them use the limb.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

RabbitWizard posted:

Mass Effect 2:

:wotwot: I - the incredibly wealthy and influential illusive man - brought you back to life and will give you a ship with a crew to save the universe!
:jeb: Can I get a few credits to buy weapon upgrades?
:wotwot: Lol no, go hack some ATM or smuggle stuff for people.
:jeb: Can I get some resources to research stuff?
:wotwot: No, go to all these known planets that have them but weren't touched before by anyone. I can't order another ship to do it for you because Outlook Express is all hosed up. Oh, and the AI can't do the probing for you either. Just because.
:jebstare:

Enabling the console "fixed" it, because no way I would do the probing poo poo, or the stupid hacking games (for money) every time.

The more fun part is where you forget that you can flirt with yeoman Chambers through the whole game but if you invite her to dinner, you still have the choice to not sleep with her so you can still be faithful to whoever you want. If you forget that little nugget, Chambers won't offer to feed your fish and you lose out on a +5% bonus in Mass Effect 3 because save editors will mark Kelly keeping your fish as you cheated on your Mass Effect 2 girl/boyfriend. And you figure this out like 6 hours into your Mass Effect 3 file and the only thing you can do is replay Mass Effect 2. And probe planets again.

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I would have settled for a BECAUSE SCIENCE! explanation and just suspended my disbelief after that. After all it is a video game.

But wife? They didn't literally kill the guy's wife to make the arm, did they? If they really needed that angle why not like a comrade in arms, pun unintended, who fell in combat and the main character didn't know about it but they recovered the body of him/her and before they died the person wanted their body to enter some experimental bionic arm thing.

It would be a lot more heartfelt if they revealed that to the hero. Like "We didn't want to let your emotions get in the way but these guys killed your friend and he donated himself to science for this project knowing you two were best buddies and the bionic crapola would work between you two because of FRIENDSHIP!"

That's a little less creepy I guess. A little.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bionic Commando: Rearmed is a very good game. Super solid all around-- great mechanics, great music, great gameplay. There's barely any plot that wasn't in the original game so it's easy to take it as a one-off game. Very replayable. Lots of fun VR-like missions.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 is okay. I want to enjoy the game, but I really can't. Music is still pretty nifty but overall the game is a shell of what the first one was. Doesn't have a lot of character. Biggest thing that really ruins it for me, though, is they changed the controls for swinging. After dumping tons of hours into the first game, I was not capable of unlearning the old controls and relearning the new ones.

Bionic Commando 2009 is... hoo boy. There is a good game in here SOMEWHERE. The problem is how deep you have to dig to find it. The swinging mechanics are actually really good once you get the hang of them. I had a ton of fun playing the incredibly short-lived multiplayer mode as a result. Everything else about it is terrible though. The guns all feel insanely weak. The enemies are boring. The story is beyond stupid. Like it's actually incredible how dumb the story is. The wife-arm has already been mentioned here, but in my opinion the dumbest thing is the traitor reveal. Turns out Super Joe, the country's biggest hero or whatever, is behind everything without so much as any sort of explanation. loving christ.

Also there's one part where you walk into an area that is very obviously a boss arena. Someone shows up and argue in a cutscene and the whole time you're like "oh yeah poo poo is gonna go down". Then the person leaves and you're free to move on. :effort:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

im pooping! posted:

The more fun part is where you forget that you can flirt with yeoman Chambers through the whole game but if you invite her to dinner, you still have the choice to not sleep with her so you can still be faithful to whoever you want. If you forget that little nugget, Chambers won't offer to feed your fish and you lose out on a +5% bonus in Mass Effect 3 because save editors will mark Kelly keeping your fish as you cheated on your Mass Effect 2 girl/boyfriend. And you figure this out like 6 hours into your Mass Effect 3 file and the only thing you can do is replay Mass Effect 2. And probe planets again.

I thought the romance stuff was totally useless so i never searched for a waifu. That's what you get for playing blind. Will I get a bonus for never sticking my dick in anything and instead saving the Galaxy?

But I don't know if I will be playing ME3 anyway, so it's OK. I knew that I will lose some teammates in the end of ME2, so I always chose one I liked and one to sacrifice to the game if it comes to it. In one mission my favorite got grabbed by some bugs and they flew away with him. Without any way to prevent it. That's lovely. I wanted to decide who dies :cry:

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

RabbitWizard posted:

I thought the romance stuff was totally useless so i never searched for a waifu. That's what you get for playing blind. Will I get a bonus for never sticking my dick in anything and instead saving the Galaxy?

But I don't know if I will be playing ME3 anyway, so it's OK. I knew that I will lose some teammates in the end of ME2, so I always chose one I liked and one to sacrifice to the game if it comes to it. In one mission my favorite got grabbed by some bugs and they flew away with him. Without any way to prevent it. That's lovely. I wanted to decide who dies :cry:

You can decide, there's a pretty comprehensive flowchart you can search for. It's entirely possible to keep all your crew members alive during the last mission of ME2, also. Finally, the 5% bonus is only worth it if you're a completionist, even though it doesn't affect any achievements. I play ME3 on insanity mode so every little bit helps.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Speaking of sliding puzzles, the worst one I've ever had to do was in Everquest. You had to arrange these statues in a certain order but you had to target them and tell them which direction to move. It was so agonizingly slow; and you had to do it TWICE. And you better hope you read the vague instructions about who was supposed to be on the West/East side! Mahatototarit says 'Once I reorder the board you may begin, return to me when you are [done] ordering the board... To bring order you must remember that Azia loves the South as much as Dena loves the West, while Meda despises Dena, and Paza has has deserted the Northeast leaving it barren.

At first I tried to read forum threads and stuff on how to do, then it came down to using a Java program to try to solve it. Both of those ended up being broken. Finally I ended up just finding a page on how to solve tile puzzles, where you basically move things around in circles. At that point is was kinda fun and easy but the whole quest took like 2 hours through the ordeal.

I played a few sliding tile puzzles for a few days after that just as a "gently caress you I can do these!"

darkhand has a new favorite as of 21:22 on May 4, 2015

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

im pooping! posted:

I never understood why chambers was a semi romance option. Why give that weird in between option and not give the option for her to be the person you are interested in? Video games are weird and romance options in them are weird.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's actually kind of brilliant.

Intentional or no, the original Bionic Commando was 80s video game stories personified: are you a bad enough dude to kill Hitler with your robot arm?

Bionic Commando '09 does the same thing by taking the basic premise of a man with a grappling hook for an arm and filling it with all the grim brooding self-seriousness of the Gears of War era, right down to the dead wife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kaubocks posted:

Bionic Commando 2009 is... hoo boy. There is a good game in here SOMEWHERE. The problem is how deep you have to dig to find it. The swinging mechanics are actually really good once you get the hang of them. I had a ton of fun playing the incredibly short-lived multiplayer mode as a result. Everything else about it is terrible though. The guns all feel insanely weak. The enemies are boring. The story is beyond stupid. Like it's actually incredible how dumb the story is. The wife-arm has already been mentioned here, but in my opinion the dumbest thing is the traitor reveal. Turns out Super Joe, the country's biggest hero or whatever, is behind everything without so much as any sort of explanation. loving christ.

I still have no idea whether or not the implication is Spencer is dying at the end of 2009 because I've had the sunglasses on every time.

quote:

Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2 is okay. I want to enjoy the game, but I really can't. Music is still pretty nifty but overall the game is a shell of what the first one was. Doesn't have a lot of character. Biggest thing that really ruins it for me, though, is they changed the controls for swinging. After dumping tons of hours into the first game, I was not capable of unlearning the old controls and relearning the new ones.

Rearmed 2 would have been better if the last few levels were anything but blind jumps.