Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

zoux posted:

Yay migf said the n word in uspol and is hopefully going to get a long probation :woop:

screenshot + link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Yay migf said the n word in uspol and is hopefully going to get a long probation :woop:

did you report it

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

who has suggested this

fools

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

we need an indian bond

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

did you report it

i don't think i'd report even mgif. it'd have to be a proper outsider before i'd narc

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

A Winner is Jew posted:

view to a kill is salvageable by (a) great theme song by Duran Duran (b) Grace Jones as a bond girl (c) Christopher Walken as literally a boy from brazil

Moore was way too loving old to be playing that role still and the effects/story is super lame... but Live and Let Die is only good if you're into blaxploitation and Octapussy literally has a laugh track

view to a kill would be salvageable if they trimmed out of the first hour and a half ABOUT CHEATING ON HORSE RACING jesus gently caress

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i think for me octopussy is fun because it so perfectly encapsulates a period. it's not a good movie, by any means, but i can just get lost in how silly it is.

i wasn't able to turn my brain off in that way for skyfall because it kept constantly badgering me to pay more attention to it. again, as i noted if you like it i am fine with that, i just didn't.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

i don't think i'd report even mgif. it'd have to be a proper outsider before i'd narc

i just did

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Badger of Basra posted:

we need an indian bond

Could work pretty well.

India has a Scottish connection and Bond is fundamentally about the post-imperial experience.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Would it be grammatically or lexiconically incorrect were individuals to call the looters and rioters "niggers"?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

lol well not holding it against you cus you're cool

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Disinterested posted:

I have never seem him successfully act nasty.

yeah, even in tudors

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

lol well not holding it against you cus you're cool

i've reported his homophobia too but apparently our anti-semetic god-king also hates gays :mad:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mgif what were you thinking

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Disinterested posted:

Could work pretty well.

India has a Scottish connection and Bond is fundamentally about the post-imperial experience.

should he be actually indian or an indian immigrant

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Badger of Basra posted:

i want to say actually indian like some big bollywood thing, but having him be a second gen could be interesting.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Disinterested posted:

Could work pretty well.

Its Amergin, the point is that the audience he posts for uses thug as a politically correct method to call african americans 'niggers'. In their minds, the two are interchangible; see in usage, 'Its not black people I have a problem with, its those thugs/friend of the family' or 'I really hate those thugs/niggers'

Same word, different shape, same unacceptability.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

Most logical would be like a 3rd gen from Scotland whose father was in the colonial service or something. Or was maybe a barrister with whom he had an uneasy relationship who was involved in the rights movement. IDK.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i could see an indian-scottish bond.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its Amergin, the point is that the audience he posts for uses thug as a politically correct method to call african americans 'niggers'. In their minds, the two are interchangible; see in usage, 'Its not black people I have a problem with, its those thugs/friend of the family' or 'I really hate those thugs/niggers'

Same word, different shape, same unacceptability.

yeah but I'm not sure you expressed yourself on this particular topic as clearly as you might have

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ReidRansom posted:

mgif what were you thinking

'thug' is coming to be used by whites as an acceptable means to impart the same intent as 'friend of the family'. The two words are oft interchangable within the rhetoric surrounding the events of Ferguson, and that's not cool.

Disinterested posted:

yeah but I'm not sure you expressed yourself on this particular topic as clearly as you might have

One shouldn't have to say that the use of a synonym for 'friend of the family,' while grammatically and lexiconically correct, is inappropriate. You should be able to assume that everyone agrees that the usage of 'friend of the family' to describe a disenfranchised minority group is unacceptable.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 4, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
migf biting on an amergin post

a snake swallowing its own tail

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

migf biting on an amergin post

a snake swallowing its own tail

i disagree, amergin is too smart to be compared to migf

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

'thug' is coming to be used by whites as an acceptable means to impart the same intent as 'friend of the family'. The two words are oft interchangable within the rhetoric surrounding the events of Ferguson, and that's not cool.

i hadn't looked at the context until it was quoted here

you're right about thug, that's been a long time now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

did you report it

motherfucker I aint no snitch

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Migf...

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

zoux posted:

motherfucker I aint no snitch

Bullshit you smell like a snitch

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hey how do like arm and eyebrow hairs know when to stop growing

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

if MIGF gets probated for that it will be kind of bullshit.

it's not even the worst post he's made today.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

zoux posted:

they're very smart little devils, and v. i. lenin (both poster and dead man) will back me up on this

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disinterested posted:

if MIGF gets probated for that it will be kind of bullshit.

it's not even the worst post he's made today.

i dont give a poo poo, since you motherfuckers can't seem to stop talking to him

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

zoux posted:

short growth cycle.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ReidRansom posted:

i hadn't looked at the context until it was quoted here

you're right about thug, that's been a long time now

So I ask the question directly, how, apart from the social connotations attached to them, does the usage of the word 'thug' to describe recent events differ from the same sentence which uses the word 'friend of the family'? Its an attempt to otherize and separate a group from a wider community so that those individuals may be disparaged openly with comments which would be otherwise unacceptable should they be made about the whole community.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
so what are the best bond theme songs?

obviously "nobody does it better" is #1 but after that what?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Like, I don't understand how my post in USPol could be construed as racist. Could someone explain it to me?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
live and let die gently caress all you motherfuckers gently caress goldfinger gently caress you it's live and let die

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

My Imaginary GF posted:

Like, I don't understand how my post in USPol could be construed as racist. Could someone explain it to me?

the clue is in the racial slur

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

why are people so loving scared of gene editing? Oh no no more congenital defects!

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUriQ_PJjY

zoux posted:

why are people so loving scared of gene editing? Oh no no more congenital defects!

woah, major self-loathing over here

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

zoux posted:

This is a steal at 10 bucsk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CoolCab posted:

the clue is in the racial slur

How can one point out that 'thug' is used as a politically correct form of 'friend of the family' without saying so? I don't get it.

• Locked thread