Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Metapod posted:

After watching some Green-Beckham footage, I have to ask who is the lovely qb who couldn't hit him in stride?

Maty "loving" Mauk :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pakled posted:

Maty "loving" Mauk :unsmigghh:

Or James Franklin, neither is all that great. Franklin was better than Mauk has been so far.

I was so hopeful for Mauk for reasons I can't really remember (it was those jump balls that DGB went up and got).

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
His funslinger decisions worked out when all his receivers were 6'5"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Or James Franklin, neither is all that great. Franklin was better than Mauk has been so far.

I was so hopeful for Mauk for reasons I can't really remember (it was those jump balls that DGB went up and got).

Mizzou needs a new qb if those two guys are still on the roster just saying

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Metapod posted:

maty mauk was the future.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I think I like the college offseason more than the actual football season. Its just more fun. More stupid poo poo going on with recruiting and what not.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Groucho Marxist posted:

His funslinger decisions worked out when all his receivers were 6'5"

He was much more fun to watch then :smith:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

soggybagel posted:

I think I like the college offseason more than the actual football season. Its just more fun. More stupid poo poo going on with recruiting and what not.

Nope.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

soggybagel posted:

More like cringing anytime a news report comes out of your schools city hoping it won't be a player landing in jail or something.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Metapod posted:

Maty Mauk's coming out party was against Kentucky in 2013 and they thought he was the 2nd coming of Christ, until 2014 when teams actually had tape on him and he got dumpstered by decent SEC defenses.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
AJ Johnson would have gone in the first round to keep Tennessee's streak alive if he wasn't an idiot and hadn't allegedly raped someone

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

:agreed: all offseasons are terrible offseasons

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

AJ Johnson would have gone in the first round to keep Tennessee's streak alive if he wasn't an idiot and hadn't allegedly raped someone

Dooley and Muschamp were spectacular jackbooted Agents of Saban, putting daggers in the hearts of his biggest competitors.

Now if only he can get Smart hired as HC at LSU........

:unsmigghh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vyst posted:

Maty Mauk's coming out party was against Kentucky in 2013 and they thought he was the 2nd coming of Christ, until 2014 when teams actually had tape on him and he got dumpstered by decent SEC defenses.

Man that's not fair, South Carolina shut him down too.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

This is true, but the moment that clears up (if it does, he's maintained his innocence) someone will snatch him up and he'll be like Burfict.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Holy poo poo Louisville had 10 players drafted? Charlie Strong might be a good football coach you guys.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

Holy poo poo Louisville had 10 players drafted? Charlie Strong might be a good football coach you guys.

Then again Florida had 8 players drafted.

10 players from Louisville is impressive. I like that Tulane was able to get two players drafted. (Just as many as TCU or Baylor) I really enjoyed reading a predraft article discussing Nick Montana possibly being drafted, that was hilarious and the guy who wrote it should be fired for suggesting such a thing. It's nice that Tulane's current coach can actually recruit. This year they could be a nice surprise if Tanner Lee isn't still a walking turnover machine.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 4, 2015

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

KKKLIP ART posted:

The NFL draft is the halfway point. We're now closer to next season than last season.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
45 years ago Nick Saban wasn't killed by the National Guard and became the best football coach to ever grace God's Red Earth

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Grittybeard posted:

Man that's not fair, South Carolina shut him down too.

Until it mattered :smug:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
AJ Derby getting drafted at a non-QB position after he threw a hissy fit and left Iowa for wanting him to switch positions is cool. He could have been a 2nd day pick if he'd agreed to move to TE or defense earlier.

Although I'm guessing Kirk gave him a good review if Belichick was drafting him, so he must not hold too much of a grudge.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

AsInHowe posted:

The NFL draft is the halfway point. We're now closer to next season than last season.

Reading this post has been the high point of my day.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Metapod posted:

Drew Lock is ready to become the next Chase Daniel.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

vyst posted:

As someone who watched that game live, it was less of Mauk's coming out party and more of DGB's. He only threw for 203 yards, but threw 4 TD passes to DGB because we didn't have a defensive back that could cover him.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Soccer's offseason is pretty great. It's like two months total, and one of the months the transfer window opens up so you get a ton of action. Also every 4 years a World Cup happens and makes the offseason even shorter. Stupid other sports and their long breaks between seasons :argh:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

VDay posted:

Soccer's offseason is pretty great. It's like two months total, and one of the months the transfer window opens up so you get a ton of action. Also every 4 years a World Cup happens and makes the offseason even shorter. Stupid other sports and their long breaks between seasons :argh:

It's really only the football season that is a long break. Every other break feels short, partially due to the other sports around it. However, when the Stanley Cup Finals/NBA playoffs end in June, July and August feel like the longest months of the year with just baseball.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 5, 2015

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Former Everything posted:

As someone who watched that game live, it was less of Mauk's coming out party and more of DGB's. He only threw for 203 yards, but threw 4 TD passes to DGB because we didn't have a defensive back that could cover him.

Yea this goes back to that other poster that basically said his receivers made him the QB he was. Seems to be evident by his play for sure.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So did they officially list dorial green-beckham as from Mizzou or that place he stayed for the offseason after tswearing that he would stay for a 4th year?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Ouch, his NFL.com profile has him as an Oklahoma alum.

http://www.nfl.com/player/dorialgreen-beckham/2552491/profile

This 5th year crap is dumb anyway in that aspect. I love the Wisconsin fans who claim Russell Wilson.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crotch Bat posted:

This 5th year crap is dumb anyway in that aspect. I love the Wisconsin fans who claim Russell Wilson.

Don't look now but the Wisconsin fans have already reached his wikipedia page.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Crotch Bat posted:

Yeah I ran into a girl like that this summer and she didn't even know that he had attended NC State at all. Had no idea what the kids history was. It was amazing to watch the mental gymnastics once she found that out.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Wilson never would have turned into the player he is now without a year under noted offensive innovator Bert.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Hutson Mason got a workout / tryout with the Dolphins. What if Mason is the guy to take the Doyeah I can't even finish that. Hutson Mason is a perfect insurance salesman name if there ever was one.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

JRizzle posted:

Until it mattered :smug:

So loving rage-inducing. Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn all game until that insane prayer.

I've certainly watched worse teams than the 2014 Gamecocks, but with the multiple mind-boggling meltdowns we had in the final minutes that blew huge leads, I don't think I've watched a more infuriating team in any sport.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

RumbleFish posted:

So loving rage-inducing. Dude couldn't hit the broad side of a barn all game until that insane prayer.

I've certainly watched worse teams than the 2014 Gamecocks, but with the multiple mind-boggling meltdowns we had in the final minutes that blew huge leads, I don't think I've watched a more infuriating team in any sport.

The baseball team is doing their best, though. Their problem is just that they suck too hard too often.

I hope Jon Hoke fixes our defense. I miss good defense.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Jeremor posted:

I hope Jon Hoke fixes our defense. I miss good defense.

:lol:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Does it make me a 5 year old that any time I hear a football commentator say the term "ball handling" it makes me audibly laugh?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

KKKLIP ART posted:

Does it make me a 5 year old that any time I hear a football commentator say the term "ball handling" it makes me audibly laugh?

That and Penetration.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

computer parts posted:

That and Penetration.

I was about to say the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

computer parts posted:

That and Penetration.

Laughed at loud at this. To make this football related, I am rewatching the Belk Bowl and jesus gently caress Grantham got super fat. Must be all the free Papa Johns he is getting.

• Locked thread