Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Starninjer is pretty great, and I like how he's apparently been hunting Youkai in America?

Like, does he just have an instagram full of weird selfies where he's kicking Bigfoot's rear end? Because that's what I choose to believe :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
So in Chroma Squad does Tammy ever get a new model? Her base model is kind of...weird. Like her posture seems super hosed up and it just seems like it's lower quality then the rest of the team's. I haven't played with her actually on my team yet, haven't started that season, but it's also kind of sad she isn't in the actors list. Are these things like fixed or is it always like that?

Also holy poo poo Drive is so great this week.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 4, 2015

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Star Ninger is great. I can't believe though, I just realized the reason grandpa challenges Star Ninger to take on his family has to at least be in part so that Star Ninger will stop trying to kill HIM

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

The extra Season 5 units are not customizable or viewable through the Actor menu, unfortunately.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You know, considering how many posts there are for Chroma Squad, scattered between this and the Power Rangers thread, it might be a good idea to make a Chroma Squad thread in Games. Just a suggestion.

Personally, I really want the game but I'm going to wait until sales happen because I'm bad at actually using money. Either I go on giant buying sprees or I don't buy anything at all because it'd mean using money. And I'm currently in the latter and not well enough to enter the former.

Also I'm just not feeling Starninger at all. I expected someone like Ucchy or Akira, that would make me immediatly like them and ignore other flaws in the series, but holy poo poo this guy is not that at all. He's fun but he goes from actual badass to total idiot, the "American ninja" thing falls flat because he's a clearly Japanese man with a Japanese name so it's really hard to believe it, and yet again we must point out how cool Takaharu is by saying how this amazing new ninja is just like him!

At least his mecha is cool, but it'll take me more time to like Kinji as a character. That said, I do like that he'll keep an antagonistic relationship with the Sentai, we haven't had an enemy sixth in a long while.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I gotcha, hoss.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah I was hoping with the "American ninja" thing they'd get someone who was actually fluent in English, like Jiraiya was in Kakuranger, but nope it's a guy speaking English with a terribly heavy Japanese accent.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah I was hoping with the "American ninja" thing they'd get someone who was actually fluent in English, like Jiraiya was in Kakuranger, but nope it's a guy speaking English with a terribly heavy Japanese accent.

They should have just had Robert Baldwin again, and with some kind of square-dancing gimmick.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I keep thinking he's related to the Baldwin brothers even though I know he's not.

And yeah I like a whole lot about Starninger but he's not going to save the series by himself.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Evil Sagan posted:

I started with Go-Busters and have watched each series afterwards. It seems like the rule is that each sentai must be worse than the series that preceded it.

That would explain why Zyuranger is so goddamn amazing.

Dairanger is better than Zyuranger, actually.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

deadly_pudding posted:

They should have just had Robert Baldwin again, and with some kind of square-dancing gimmick.

Speaking of, he opened a bar in Tokyo.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2015/03/12/robert-baldwin-kyoryu-cyan-opens-bar-in-tokyo/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

While I kind of like Kinji so far I do wish that seeing as they're protraying him as an American-born Japanese man they probably should have, you know, hired an actual American-born Japanese actor to play him like they did with Jiraiya in Kakuranger (or at the very least, an actor that's fluent in English).

Also it seems a little weird to be getting the complete team only 10 episodes in. Hopefully we'll be getting at least one more ranger down the line or, failing that, a suit-only ally like DaiGoyou or Zubaan to keep things fresh.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Larryb posted:

Also it seems a little weird to be getting the complete team only 10 episodes in. Hopefully we'll be getting at least one more ranger down the line or, failing that, a suit-only ally like DaiGoyou or Zubaan to keep things fresh.

Even with DaiGoyou, Genta didn't show up until episode 17.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Even with DaiGoyou, Genta didn't show up until episode 17.

Exactly, bringing in Starninger now just seems a little too soon to me. Kyoryuger brought in Gold at about the same time that this show did(Hell, before that we saw Cyan in ranger form by episode 6) but that had the excuse of there being more than 6 rangers on the team by the end. I suppose time will tell if Ninninger follows a simmilar route, personally I'd still like to see the Dad become a ranger at some point and maybe even the Grandpa even if it's just a one-shot deal.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Larryb posted:

While I kind of like Kinji so far I do wish that seeing as they're protraying him as an American-born Japanese man they probably should have, you know, hired an actual American-born Japanese actor to play him like they did with Jiraiya in Kakuranger (or at the very least, an actor that's fluent in English).

OH gently caress. They should have gotten Hiro Mizushima to do it. He grew up in Switzerland and speaks fluent English, and would be constantly reminding us in our subconscious of the Best Rider :smuggo:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
PARTY NIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4EICv-6jK4

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

I dunno, I'm not feeling it as much as I did with the last few Sixth Ranger songs.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

To me the best part of his morphing thing was how his 'Doesn't Stop PARTY NIGHT' results in a bunch of copies of himself in both ranger and normal fun showing up behind him to party. I laughed out loud at that.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
Apparently there are rumors on 2ch that the next Kamen Rider is going to be fashion-themed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

point of return posted:

Apparently there are rumors on 2ch that the next Kamen Rider is going to be fashion-themed.
Kamen Rider Is The New Black.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Fashion as a Rider would be weird.... At least USB sticks/wind, animal medals, space, magic, fruits, and cars are things boys like.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
If he does JoJo poses while fighting monsters I'll be sold. :v:

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

point of return posted:

Finally, the Kamen Rider Bravo spinoff I've been waiting for.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fashion means they have no excuse for loving up suit design which is my only minor gripe about Drive

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

Fashion means they have no excuse for loving up suit design which is my only minor gripe about Drive
Heart and Brain have really cool suits. Default Drive and Wild are pretty cool, too.

I think my biggest suit-related complaint on Drive is that Medic looks like she just lumbered out of a Silent Hill game. It's a really weird shift in tone and aesthetic from basically all the other roidmudes, and that she's pretty much the only female one, plus the BDSM Nurse outfit, bugs me a lot.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

point of return posted:

He fights with his Tim Gunn.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Poison Mushroom posted:

Heart and Brain have really cool suits. Default Drive and Wild are pretty cool, too.

I think my biggest suit-related complaint on Drive is that Medic looks like she just lumbered out of a Silent Hill game. It's a really weird shift in tone and aesthetic from basically all the other roidmudes, and that she's pretty much the only female one, plus the BDSM Nurse outfit, bugs me a lot.

Medic looks fantastic compared to Deadheat(s)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Which is not to say you're not right about the reoccurring lady Roidmude being a BDSM nurse being a little off

I just hate Deadheat that much

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Deadheat is some cool ideas on a bad design. It's pretty obviously built around being the same toy for both Drive and Mach (that weird flippy helmet is the most obvious tip-off), and that really makes its design seem kind of unfocused and messy.

But that 'tire blows out' thing? That's a loving brilliant little understated design feature.

Edit Also, I hate Mach's Floppy Shoulder Circle.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012

point of return posted:

That was the rumor last year too, it and a wrestling themed Rider rumors seem to circulate every other year or so.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Poison Mushroom posted:

Deadheat is some cool ideas on a bad design. It's pretty obviously built around being the same toy for both Drive and Mach (that weird flippy helmet is the most obvious tip-off), and that really makes its design seem kind of unfocused and messy.

But that 'tire blows out' thing? That's a loving brilliant little understated design feature.

Edit Also, I hate Mach's Floppy Shoulder Circle.

Yeah Deadheat's like, football mouthguard thing is just weird. And the two tires are kind of visually overpowering.

It looked great as some sort of unfinished suit that wasn't perfectly done but 'here's the final product'-wise it's kind of sloppy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Does Drive have another big upgrade coming or is Formula it?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Literally The Worst posted:

There's still a final form, Type Tridoron.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Literally The Worst posted:

Type TRIDORON

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, Formula is this season's Kachidoki Arms.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Poison Mushroom posted:

Except not nearly as dope as scratching a record to shoot lasers.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I would have said "this season's PuToTyra", except A) the drawback was overcome way quicker, and B) the whole thing with Tajador being both an early upgrade, and the real final form, kind of makes the metaphor a little overcomplicated.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Poison Mushroom posted:

So the best armor in the show? Not sure if I'd agree with that.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

jivjov posted:

So the best armor in the show? Not sure if I'd agree with that.

Counterpoint: Shift Car endorsement stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I stopped watching drive around episode 10 or so, did it ever improve?

• Locked thread