Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Xander77 posted:

A proper Mont Blanc / Parker still costs a great deal, moreso during Not!WWII. The kind of thing that makes me think at least some of the writers have a superficial grasp on trivia (alongside stuff like royalty student exchanges).
I assumed they'd be getting some cheap knockoff pen. Besides Avan would just break it and/or lose it before the ceremony was over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Curious thought: would a multiplayer option have made the game more interesting?

Pangurban
Apr 29, 2015

Clarste posted:

Basically, machine guns cannot be aimed. They will always do a sweep from left of the screen to the right (or right to left?), and generally kill nothing. So... kinda like a Fencer except a quarter as strong and no defense.

That said, they're actually pretty good at base defense because each bullet they fire is several times as strong as a shocktrooper's, and intercept fire doesn't need to be "aimed". If you stand in their intercept fire for any amount of time, they're actually ridiculously strong: they can easily kill one of those armored super-soldiers for 0 CP if you contrive it to have them walk directly away from the gunner.

Not really worth replacing a Veteran Trooper, but if you've got one anyway might as well plonk them down in a base.

I usually kept a couple on hand for killing V2s, at least until I upgraded a couple of Armored Techs to Fencers. I discovered their usefulness on that account totally by accident, of course. And it took a while, because upgrading Techs to Fencers was a pain in the rear end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

Curious thought: would a multiplayer option have made the game more interesting?

It has co-op mode, so up to four people can learn what a disappointment the story is at once.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mraagvpeine posted:

There are specific co-op maps, and the partner player has weird stuff like class-specific buffs if you're near your partner or something. This was way early in the LP, and I mentioned that the games around this era was all about the Monster Hunter cribbing of zone exchanges and grinding for anything for everything.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I meant playing against other people, but I guess it wouldn't be very interesting.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think that in competitive multiplayer, the winner would be decided entirely by who gets the first turn. The game kind of pretends that the enemy is playing by the same rules as you, but they're really not.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I like how even the Mission Brief writer seems to be annoyed that Yuell is captured for the 7th time in 2 months.

For gently caress's sake. Let me upgrade one of my Armor Techs, you stupid game

Randy Quest 1

Oh, hello, Avan. Sorry for the trouble.
Mm? Hey, you're Randy, right? What brings you here?
What do you mean? I'm on the student union board.
Hey, VP. This brings us down to two classes left.
VP?
What, are you new here? Randy here is student union vice president.
Wow, I didn't know that. But, uh, isn't it usually the president's job to manage the paperwork? Her badge says secretary. Where's the president?
He's... Well that's something of a long story.

He said he'd sooner eat glass than come back. Really, I'm disappointed.
Oh, I'm sure he has his reasons. Try not to judge him too harshly for it.
Eh, we get by, thanks to Randy. He's a shoo-in for pres in the next election. Then student council will finally be back to normal. Plus we all love Randy!
Ha ha! I'll try my best not to let you guys down.
Well, I should get back to the classroom, guys. See you around!
Sounds good, Avon, and thanks again for bringing those papers by.

...Mm? Aw, dang it. I was supposed to turn in this form, too.

*Re-opens door*

Sorry, Randy! There's one more paper I--Huh? Somebody's sitting in the president's chair, but they said...

Now I just wait for the next election, and all of Lanseal will be mine! *door opens* Who's there?!

You heard, did you? ...No matter. You were beginning to be a nuisance yourself.
What?!

*door opens*

Hey, VP. I got those last two classes’ reports.
Oh, wonderful! Would you do me a favor and show Avan out, please? Thank you again for your help, Avan. I'll see you tomorrow in class.

No, I must have just imagined the whole thing. That has to be it.

Randy is a shitbag! Who could've seen that coming?!

Joachim Quest 3

Buck up, man. You'll chase any good luck away with all that sighing.
Aw, leave me alone. I'm the most miserable guy on the planet.
Hey, you guys! Professor Brixham wants us. He said to head straight to the strategy room.
Another mission? Ugh, I have a bad feeling about this. I think I'll pass.
Got it, Cosette. We're on our way. C'mon, Joachim, you're deploying today.
Who, me?
You see any other guys here named Joachim?
This'll give you something to do besides moping. Now let's go!

gently caress this promotion system.

*At a distance*

*Back to Class G*

Avan! The rebel survivors are attacking!

*Someone is shot*

Joachim! drat it, everybody get ready to intercept!

*After the skirmish*

It looks like they're really gone this time, Avon.
Good, but he's still... Joachim! Can you hear me, man? Hang on!

Sorry, Ma... Sorry, Pop. Looks like I won't be around to... look after...
Stay strong, Joachim! You can't give up!
Y-You'll tell my ma... I said thanks for... everything, yeah?
Joachim....
And tell my pop to... quit boozing already...And apologize to my sister for not being there for her wedding...
We will, Joachim. I promise we will.
Ooo, and somebody get rid of the magazines under my bed back at the...

What's your problem, Zeri? Joachim's giving us a last request here.
About that. Do any of you see any blood? And his pulse is steady. Try sitting up, Joachim.

Oh! That's that figurine of the headmaster you got!
The bullet's stuck through Kluivert's head.
Carrying that thing in your breast pocket just saved your life, man!
It did?
Hah... Ha ha ha! Man, you seriously are the luckiest guy ever!
It's really quite unbelievable.
Oh, I'm just so glad! What a relief!

I was just starting to like this little guy and now it's ruined...Just look at it! Man, I tell you, I must be cursed or something!
Ha ha... heh. I should've seen that coming.

That was possibly the most useless quest yet, also his Potential? Also near useless, because it prevents mines from going off....in a class where they specifically can remove mines.

Unless Joachim is a Fencer, it's a poo poo reward.

Hey, Lotte. Thanks again for writing the script. Come up with a good one?
You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll question your sanity! Look forward to it!
Ooh, I will! I'm happy I get to play Alicia. I'm so excited!
Hee hee! Good for you, Cosette. I'll try not to flub the narration.

*Later at the gym*

Fierce leader and nature lover Welkin Gunther crosses the river by tank.

Okay, when they said "tire treads," I thought they had like a cardboard box version of the tank. Not...literally the tank tires.

The. uh... Vass--Vessel? River? Has some...
It's the VASEL river, silly! And try to put some feeling in it!
What'm I supposed to feel? Anyway the Vasel River has mistlereed growing in it.
Amazing work, Welkin! Mistlereed only grows in really shallow water!
And so, the Lieutenant set about crossing the river in his tank the Edelweiss.
Rumble rumble rumble....
Ugh. Rumble rumble....

This is the greatest play ever.

But then! Halfway across the river, Gunther spots a rare breed of fish... And forgets about the mission to go chase it...?
Wow, it's the legendary gold-bearded loach. I want to go chase it now.

I'm sorry, what

While Sergeant Melchiott is suddenly struck with an overpowering urge to bake. So she walks straight home to the town of Bruhl?!
I... I need to bake three dozen baguettes! Right now before the battle ends!

Correct! Corporal Brigitte Stark, alias Rosie!
Rosie springs into action, shapely form concealing the power of an ox! Hiya! Her elegant marksmanship makes a clean sweep of the far shore! Graaah, dudes!

...I hate Lotte so much.

Peace was restored to the greater Vasel area, a-all thanks to, um. To Rosie.
Excuse me! Am I alone in thinking this is bonkers? You've made a farce of it!
I just spiced it up a bit, dude! It's entertainment!
It's fraud! You wrote this travesty to spotlight your own part, you glory hog!
Aww, you're just Jealous because you got cast as the mistlereed, dude.

...How. What.

Rraaaaagh! How DARE you?!
Girls, Please! There's no need to fight about it!
Ugh, I want to go home.
Agreed. Violently agreed.

This is the entire month, folks.

Meet Class G: Randy

Personal Potentials
Show-Off - Being sighted by multiple enemies makes them want to show off, raising their defence.
Born Leader - Having allies nearby sparks a sense of responsibility, raising defence.
Camaraderie - Likes overcoming challenges with allies, raising evasive skills.

A great set of Potentials...wasted on an Engineer. That's all there is to say about him.

Joachim art pages

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I wonder what the two war heroes who work at this school think about this play?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
So... why is Randy in Class G? Two-faced personality aside, he's apparently a well-respected figure within the school, putting on the facade of a perfect student. So... why Class G, the loser class?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Clarste posted:

So... why is Randy in Class G? Two-faced personality aside, he's apparently a well-respected figure within the school, putting on the facade of a perfect student. So... why Class G, the loser class?

During Stalin's rise to power, he was regarded as an affable Georgian bumpkin, no real threat to anyone, and simply an eager gofer. Until he murdered his political rivals and drove off the rest and ruled with an iron fist.

I may be giving this way too much thought.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I might be developing stockholm syndrome for this game's writing but I found the play scene really funny. Particularly the notion that a bunch of high-schoolers (and potentially sometimes adults, if class G is representative) are expected to anually put on on some twisted, militarized version of a children's nativity play. And that this intended as some sort of great honor for winning the tournament.

King of Bleh fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 2, 2015

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I still don't know if it's intentional irony that the play is sabotaged by reducing the characters to their barest one-note personality quirks or not.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Francis posted:

I still don't know if it's intentional irony that the play is sabotaged by reducing the characters to their barest one-note personality quirks or not.

It's not. Creators do this to characters when they resign themselves to the next paycheck. Also Sega wouldn't know irony if it came up and clubbed them with a Gamecube.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Chloe Quest 3

A rabbit? Is that like... newsworthy? Aren't they pretty common?
I'm glad you asked. This rabbit is different. The snowfall hare is a variant almost never seen near populated areas. They say its snow-white pelt and doe eyes can melt a heart at 30 paces!

Ooh! Perfect! Maybe that rabbit will spark an idea for a painting!
Rabbit? What rabbit? Do you always just shout these things at people?
Lotte, did we have any open missions in the mountains?
Umm... Yeah, there was a follow-up on a sighting of some rebels up there.
Perfect! Chloe, I think I've got a good idea for a subject for you. We'll track down that snowfall hare while we handle that patrol!
Are you daft, Avon? I'm not looking for a model while dodging bullets!
Aw, don't be like that. Just be dressed and set to go in an hour!

*Avan drags Chloe*

H-Hey, no fair, dudes! I wanna go tooooo!

gently caress whoever made Lotte a cornerstone of the game.

So this is another classmate mission with just Avan and the person. Two people against a 1 map area, kill-all. Only problem?

They expect us to kill Fencers in a timely manner.

Not exactly doable without a Sniper.

You said yourself it was the stuff of legend. Let's just forget it.
But that's what makes it a subject worth pointing!
I'm not going back 'til I find it! I don't care if I freeze my buns off!
That's an image in itself. But why does this have you so worked up? Whether I get over this block or not doesn't affect you at all.
No, this is personal. You said I just couldn't understand your art. Well, I want another try, and that means you've got to paint something.
Oh yeah?
And you said the painting back at school was one you had you do, right?
Well, if I'm going to be taking a crack at your art, I want it to count.
Plus even that one's great, so the real deal must be amazing! Maybe too amazing for a guy like me to get, but I want to try.

Been a while since I was able to paint anything...Painting war scene after war scene. I lost track of what I wanted to say. I lost my voice. Sitting in front of a blank canvas started to hurt. But now I think I've got something worth pointing.
Seriously?! Is the rabbit here?!

Me?! Are you serious?
Very much so. This may well be my first portrait. Let's head back. I want to get this down before I lose the spark.
W-Wait, we're heading back? Now? Hey, wait!

*Back at the art room*

Hey, Chloe?
Stop fidgeting. Just keep those eyes straight ahead, hmm?
Every muscle in my body is cramping up. Are we almost done?
Buck up, kid. You're going to be in a Chloe Blixen original.
All right, but it better be a masterpiece, you hear me?
Ha ha...Just you wait. This one's going to be the real deal.

Good news: Great Potential that lets her move again. Bad news: She still has that lovely Potential that prevents her from attacking. So she's gone forever, regardless.

A complicated map involving holding two camps while dodging Gatling Bunkers, V2's, and millions of mines under the Yuell territory.

It involved a lot of "cheating" on CP, like killing APCs with Lancers then letting them die so the Scouts can pick them up on the way to capturing bases.

Vicky Quest 1

I feel that if I started a counter on how many times Avan started out a scene hungry, we would be in the triple digits by now.

You okay there, Avon? Dinner's still a while off, you know.
I'm so hungry, I came here hoping for a handout. What about you?
Heh heh heh...same here.
Hah! Perfect. Let's see if they'll take pity and feed us.

*Vicky chases Jarde for a while*

Nsah?! Jarde... and Vicky? What are you two doing? *grabs Vicky* Hey! Let him go! ...Ow! Stop kicking!

*After a tussle*

Huff... pant... Whew! Safe... Just barely, though.

What are you talking about?! Jarde isn't food!
Whoa! Both of you, just calm down a second! You're from the Dieden area, right, Vicky?
Yeah, from the Jamka tribe!
What's the Jamka tribe?
They're on indigenous minority of hunters in western Gallia. I read that they preserved their traditional culture and way of living. I figure that explains why she views the world a little differently.

That bird, Vicky caught it, so Vicky's gonna eat it!
Jarde's my friend, man. You can't eat him.
Friends don't matter. The weak get eaten by the strong. Law of nature.
Law of nature?! So what, if your friends back home were in danger, you'd--
It's the weakling's own fault. They should get stronger! I don't need friends. Vicky can fight all alone just fine! The people here at school are strange. It's too much work to make friends! *runs away*

At the rate she's going, I have my doubts.
*confused tweet*

I can see this going swimmingly. Can't wait to use her in battle more so I can unlock the next chapter of Cave Girl.

One Year Of Rebellion-Newspaper

It is now almost a year since rebels took up arms, with the Gassenarls revolting against the government and anti-Darcsen sentiment spreading like wildfire. Rebels now control much of southern Gallia, and there is no end to the conflict in sight.

However, the rebels are far from a rock-solid organization. The Gassenarls serve to unify them, with their elite units the only cohesive fighting force. Other rebels are more disorderly and likely to drop out of fighting if a stalemate continues.

Who Will Win Miss Lanseal?-Lotte Insider

The summer feast committee announced the nominees for the Miss Lanseal contest on the 7th. Final Judgment will be made on stage at the feast. The nominees are Katarina Kay (Class C), Ana Klein (Class F), and Coleen Celcius (Class G).

Juliana Everhart was also a candidate, but she refused to take part in the swimsuit section, and in the end she was passed over. Many students who looked forward to her appearance were devastated. Juliana. why are you letting us all down?

Somehow, VC2 is passing over the Miss Girl contest cliche. Somehow.

With all the combat, everybody must be on edge, but they're smiling today! There's the stage for Operation Cloudburst. Doesn't it make you nerv--
Hit the donut stand, the cake stand and the drink shack, but in what order?
Aaand you're not listening.
Mm, this roast beefwich you bought is awesome!
Hey! Leave some of that for me, Avan!
Uh, sure. Heh....Mm? Hey, isn't that Juliana?

Thank you very much! Here you go!

*Avan and Cosette catches up with Juliana*

Hey, Juliana. Those look good.
Hardins?! Y-You can't have them!
I didn't ask for them.
Oh, but I did want to ask you about something. It's about that special mission. Do you--
Oh, there you are. And Juliana as well.

Yeeeep.

I-It's been some time, Ze...Z-Ze....Zehhhh....
Are you all right?
Ze! Xenophobia in the 20th Century Gallian foreign policy model! Thoughts?!
It's certainly played a role. We've traditionally been a melting pot...I'd expected a thawing in race relations after war with the Empire but now...
Um...
Uh, your popsicles are melting there, Jules.

*Juliana runs away*

Juliana!
Did I say something wrong? I was hoping to hear her take on things...
Mm, this popsicle's great! It's Juicy AND chunky! Juliana's not half bad.

What.

Both of you are hopeless. I'm going to go after her. You two stay put! *chases after Juliana*
All right, we'll be here.
Just as soon as we perform a flanking operation on that donut stand, right?
You're STILL hungry?

Meet Class G: Vicky Baytear

Personal Potentials
Wild Child - Finely honed natural instincts raise their evasive skills.
Hunter Instinct - Never lets prey escape, raising firing accuracy.
Dog-Eat-Dog - They have no desire to help those weaker than themselves, lowering the amount healed by ragnaid.

Wow, a medic that can't heal but designed for combat! In a class that's really poo poo at combat! Hooray!

Chloe art pages

quote:

We knew that having a class full of gorgeous girls could start feeling a bit overdone, so we intentionally strayed away from the "cute' and "beautiful" designs when working on Chloe. Despite this, I'm pretty sure Chloe has the largest breasts in Class G. (laughs) (Sega - Ozawa)

Just in case you were wondering....

Tae fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 4, 2015

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Why is Vicky an Engineer? :psyduck:

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Goddamn, those notes from the artbook just wants me to go all out with a baseball bat on the artists for this game.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

paragon1 posted:

Why is Vicky an Engineer? :psyduck:

According to an earlier line, a natural knack for tinkering with things and fixing up machines, despite apparently being a caveman.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Annnnnnnd we are back on the "look at how big CharNames boobs are" train.

One of these days these artists will die and the world will be a better place.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I think it's the industry that's the problem.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Whoa whoa whoa, what am I seeing there from Helmut on that page? Is that a hint at something somewhat interesting? Good thing they evened it out with boob talk, or that might have almost been good!

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Sylphosaurus posted:

Goddamn, those notes from the artbook just wants me to go all out with a baseball bat on the artists for this game.

Gridlocked posted:

Annnnnnnd we are back on the "look at how big CharNames boobs are" train.

One of these days these artists will die and the world will be a better place.

Really. Really? Really?! gently caress's sake you people, grow the hell up.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I hope that some brave soul comes to power and institutes a systematic campaign of genocide against the Japanese people, because of these imaginary teenagers' breasts.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Tae posted:

zerismile: Oh, there you are. And Juliana as well.
Also, what's your beef with Lotte, anyways?

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

cdyoung posted:

They don't actually wish harm or death on artists, compaining about this stuff in a hyperbolic fashion is just a method of social signaling / bonding that we're engaging in itt :eng101:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Xander77 posted:

Also, what's your beef with Lotte, anyways?

She talks like a loving prinny in basically all of her voice clips

"What even IS that, DUUUUUDE?!"

She's easily one of the most annoying characters if only for the grating clips

Reco fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 4, 2015

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Hivac posted:

She talks like a loving prinny in basically all of her voice clips

"What even IS that, DUUUUUDE?!"

So, a better character than this game deserves?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

cdyoung posted:

People are being hyperbolic because this is the internet and that's what people do but I think it's fair to say that the mindset the art notes reveal is a pretty loving lame way to create and write characters.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Wait, Vicky is from an indigenous tribe? In Gallia? Sure, let's just ignore that the Darcsens were already established as the original inhabitants of Europa. Not like the status of the Darcsen population is important in this game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

David Corbett posted:

Wait, Vicky is from an indigenous tribe? In Gallia? Sure, let's just ignore that the Darcsens were already established as the original inhabitants of Europa. Not like the status of the Darcsen population is important in this game.

I'm just surprised they didn't at least take the blindingly obvious route and make her a Scout.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The difference between a prinny and lotte is that prinnies know when to back off. Lotte butts in and tries to be the star of every scene and skit and shown less empathy than Erik to people. She's filler in the worst way.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

cdyoung posted:

Hmmm, anime-videogame avatar talking about growing up, because gods forbid you exaggerate the level of annoyance you get from the cliché-ridden tepid mess that is this game.

David Corbett posted:

And furthermore making her way more dark-skinned and having her act like a cavewoman, because clearly that's how indigenous people behave, right?

There being more than one indigenous people isn't that odd though, although if not-Europe is anything like the real one, it's all a mishmash anyway.

Considering Japanese issues with the Ainu, this is doubly rich really.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Pangurban posted:

I usually kept a couple on hand for killing V2s, at least until I upgraded a couple of Armored Techs to Fencers. I discovered their usefulness on that account totally by accident, of course. And it took a while, because upgrading Techs to Fencers was a pain in the rear end.

Another kind of useful but hilariously sub optimal thing with machine gunners you can do is get right up next to and aim at the feet of someone who you anticipate is going to evade, and if you aim it right, at least 70% of the arc will hit the guy prone on the ground and sometimes even murder him.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

And furthermore making her way more dark-skinned and having her act like a cavewoman, because clearly that's how indigenous people behave, right?

There being more than one indigenous people isn't that odd though, although if not-Europe is anything like the real one, it's all a mishmash anyway.

Considering Japanese issues with the Ainu, this is doubly rich really.

Indeed. Consider for example the Sami peoples of northern Fennoscandia, who are as well known for their tendency to live in caves as they are for their perfect ebon complexions, evolved over the years to protect them from the beating rays of the pitiless midnight sun. Their tendency to hunt the diminutive caribou and elk, exemplars of ease in hunt and preservation, have instilled a fierce and rugged individualism in social affairs but have necessitated the creation of special patrols around the Murmansk naval facilities to ensure that roving bands of Lapps don't wander off with the officers' pet dogs - ah, gently caress, I can't keep this up it's just too stupid.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
From the art/writing notes it sounds like they made the exact sort of game they set out to make. Of course that's the problem, but hey they did it I guess.

way to goooooo

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
The last character to join Class G is a character design artist, and his twist/plot arc is that he just wants to make complex, realistic characters. He realizes this by shooting every character defined by their sex appeal or just himself.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have the next update ready and need a new page, but I'm out of spoiler-free art so...I got nothing besides some thoughts.

-gently caress Engineers, they can't kill for poo poo and their inability to do anything with sandbgs/grass is terrible
-Buffs absolutely are worthless, nothing is worth spending CP and a deployment spot
-I'm going to use a cert cheat after this mission because the game expects me to have 3rd tier units at this point, and gently caress that poo poo. You all know how the grind is terrible, multiple times.
-I'm going to do short picture summaries of skits because they do give some character "depth," no matter how small.
-gently caress Engineers because half of them are annoying as poo poo in their quests, which makes getting to them triple painful

Tae fucked around with this message at 00:07 on May 5, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I cannot say I blame you for using any means necessary to avoid spending hours doing repetitive, pointless tasks for a poo poo game.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tae posted:

I have the next update ready, but I'm out of spoiler-free art so...I got nothing besides some thoughts.

-gently caress Engineers, they can't kill for poo poo and their inability to do anything with sandbgs/grass is terrible
-Buffs absolutely are worthless, nothing is worth spending CP and a deployment spot
-I'm going to use a cert cheat after this mission because the game expects me to have 3rd tier units at this point, and gently caress that poo poo. You all know how the grind is terrible, multiple times.
-I'm going to do short picture summaries of skits because they do give some character "depth," no matter how small.
-gently caress Engineers because half of them are annoying as poo poo in their quests, which makes getting to them triple painful

I can think of exactly one reason to use Engineers - one of the abilities in a third tier Engineer classs give Avan a really good potential. Other than that :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Filler post, update is next page.

• Locked thread