Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yeah, they did a way better job setting up Henry as a bad guy than Katrina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GyverMac posted:

Was cool with a time travel seasong finale, where the roles of Abbie and Ichabod was reversed. A real neat way to end it if its not getting a 3rd season.

However Katarina turning felt really halfassed. Its like they didnt really know what to do with the character, and couldnt really think up a strong villian, so they just decided to get rid of Katarina and create a final boss baddie out of her just at the last minute.

It wasn't totally clear if she was supposed to be bad bad, or morally ambiguous. It went back and forth a bit.

Wanting "her people" to be free to be themselves isn't bad, especially if Washington promised them that in return for their help. Witches could be very handy to have around when you're fighting demons and whatnot. But the first 3 people Henry tries to wake up immediately resort to violence, so maybe witches are bad??? Semi-justified violence since they are each under stress when their powers manifest, but couldn't one of them have been under stress that caused them to use their powers to rescue someone from a burning car or something? And then Henry is all "now we're going to burn the non-witches, hahahaha" and she's fine with that. Which also makes no drat sense since we recently learned the Salem Witch Trials were orchestrated by a warlock, not muggles.

Wanting to save her son is admirable. In another story breaking causality to save a child could be something the hero does. She'll not just save his life, but save his childhood, so he'll never grow up to be a bitter, crazy old man. It is dangerous, and it's obviously something people who like 2015 the way it is now need to try to stop, but it is understandable. All she needs to do is not save Crane after his fight with the horseman, so she won't be banished for using forbidden magic. Crane doesn't need to die, she just can't save him the way she did before, so when Abbie saves him everything should be fine. Then she hooks up with Death to make sure her husband is killed, for no reason at all. :what:

She ricochets between understandable actions and moustache twirling evil, and I'm still not sure what we were supposed to think about her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What does the new Batman game have to do with Sleepy Hollow? Well, if rumors are to be believed, there's a familiar voice in this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpXUIh7rlWI

Edit: He's tweeting about it, John Noble is the loving Scarecrow.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 25, 2015

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I want to see a show where Abbie time/space travels back to the founding of SHIELD and teams up with Peggy Carter

Jenny can come too

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Marathoned seasons 1 and 2, and I hope we get a season 3.

It's an interesting premise, albeit batshit crazy. I really didn't like how they handled Katrina's flip to being a villain. Just seemed kinda, lazy. They had a character that was pretty cool, then they busted her out of purgatory, and then they just have no clue wtf to do with her.

loving LOVING John Noble in this show. He's such a bastard. The part where you think he's about to go all good guy and heal the hotel chick's leg and smite assholes just turns into "Eh, gently caress it, still gonna smite assholes but I'ma go get my genocide on" instead.

Did they ever figure out what to do about the Kindred? It was kicking the poo poo out of Death and then it ran off to terrify kids or something. Loved the callback in the finale though.

Weirdest thing to me is I can't figure out why Crane was arrested to begin with in the first episode. Dude was just walking around when Sulu rolled up and arrested him.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Weirdest thing to me is I can't figure out why Crane was arrested to begin with in the first episode. Dude was just walking around when Sulu rolled up and arrested him.

White guys in period clothing roaming around town are a menace to society, hth.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Did they ever figure out what to do about the Kindred?

haha that's what it's called

when i was watching the episode i started wondering to myself 'why are abbie and ben not saying the word franklinstein? no wait, what's that thing's name'

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Well, this sounds familiar. A black woman detective with a troubled history teams up with man who was sleeping for a long time and also 'knows things', in a Fox TV series with the same title as a popular movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/minority-report-stark-sands-star-778152

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 27, 2015

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Did they ever figure out what to do about the Kindred? It was kicking the poo poo out of Death and then it ran off to terrify kids or something. Loved the callback in the finale though.

Well, it was doing exactly what Ben Franklin designed him to do. Dunno how he programmed him to fight for Crane and Abbie when he's got the Horseman's head, but magic etc. etc.

Tom Mison mentioned in an interview that they should have done an Avengers riff and had the Kindred sitting at a table picking at shawarma crumbs in a diner somewhere waiting for orders from the Witnesses.

Death should do a heel turn and team up with the Kindred fighting hordes of demons whipped into an apocalyptic frenzy by Orion. I genuinely hope that the Sleepy Hollow producers even considered this for a nanosecond.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Season 3 needs to come back so we can see the Kindred again. I want to see him fight Headless. I want Headless back.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also I need to know whether to buy individual seasons on bluray or wait for a boxset if the show is done :ssh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Binary Badger posted:

Death should do a heel turn and team up with the Kindred fighting hordes of demons whipped into an apocalyptic frenzy by Orion. I genuinely hope that the Sleepy Hollow producers even considered this for a nanosecond.

So many dropped plotlines this season, including wtf Orion was talking about when Crane smashed his halo blade. Seemed like an important point like "OH poo poo YOU JUST OPENED PURGATORY AND OR HELL" or something, but nope, flighty bastard wings off and promptly gets forgotten about.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

Well, this sounds familiar. A black woman detective with a troubled history teams up with man who was sleeping for a long time and also 'knows things', in a Fox TV series with the same title as a popular movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/minority-report-stark-sands-star-778152

Yes, they're very similar. I know I can't wait until the twins receive a vision of Alexander Hamilton rising from the dead to murder descendents of Aaron Burr.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well I just finished season 2. Not as strong as S1 but it still had a lot of strong episodes. There was a lot of really disjointed stuff though, I got a really strong impression that something was not right in production

Either way, still solid.

Katrina as a villain was great. She pulled off 'Evil Witch' really well actually, too bad it came out of nowhere and then she almost immediately died.

This still leaves the headless horseman though and I want at least a season 3 dealing with him

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
A couple of weeks ago I looked up the show to see if it had been renewed for a third season and everybody was saying it wasn't going to be renewed, and now they're saying it may or may not be. But apparently the head writer is gone now. I assume that's what "show runner" means.

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/sleepy_hollows_showrunner_is_leaving_where_does_that_leave_a_season_3-2015-03

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Yeah, pretty much. A lot of people weren't happy with Goffman's choices. I wonder who's up next. I wonder if they'd be ballsy enough to promote the creator to showrunner (Iscove) or if they're just gonna pick like Kindler or something if it comes back.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

Sober posted:

Yeah, pretty much. A lot of people weren't happy with Goffman's choices. I wonder who's up next. I wonder if they'd be ballsy enough to promote the creator to showrunner (Iscove) or if they're just gonna pick like Kindler or something if it comes back.

Was Goffman head writer on season 1? I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I'm actually not sure. I tried googling and it seems like he was back at the start. So probably, yes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sober posted:

Writers "leaving" is usually a toss-up of what actually happened. The ratings plummeted for season 2 and almost all the reviewers agreed that they lost something in season 2 with the random meandering plots that went nowhere and ended up completely dropping the ball with some things. For fucks sake they introduced a literal Angel who came to stop Moloch and made it a one-off episode that was never mentioned again.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Now I'm wondering if Katrina's heel-turn was something he planned for Season 3, but his decision to leave came while writing the last couple episodes, and so he just went ahead and did it.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lycus posted:

Now I'm wondering if Katrina's heel-turn was something he planned for Season 3, but his decision to leave came while writing the last couple episodes, and so he just went ahead and did it.

It did seem abrupt, and not in the cool first season way. Her final acts were really unfocused, and nonsensical.

Mother wracked by guilt will do anything to save her child -- perfectly good tragic premise. In character too, since she got into trouble back in the day for being willing to do anything to saver her husband It also has a nice completeness since what she has to do to saver her child is not save her husband. As long as she doesn't cast the long sleep spell on Ichabod her coven will have no reason to punish her with purgatory, so her son will never end up in the wicked orphanage.

Then things get stupid. Abbie saves him in a way that won't get Katrina in trouble. Great. Everything is fine now. We just have to defeat Moloch again and the world is saved. Katrina gets fixated on killing her husband and ends up doing a bunch of stupid poo poo that would probably piss off her coven all over again.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Renewed for Season 3 with 18 episodes.

New showrunner is Clifton Campbell (The Glades, White Collar, Profiler and SeaQuest 2032). Kinda a surprise there.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Odd resume.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

I'd possibly be a little more wary if the new showrunner was already in the writers' room, though, IMO.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

New showrunner is Clifton Campbell (The Glades, White Collar, Profiler and SeaQuest 2032). Kinda a surprise there.

Surprising but good stuff

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

On one hand, the new showrunner looks like a Fox exec brought him in. So, we'll likely get the "more episodic, less serial" stuff we heard about for season 3.

On the other hand, if they had promoted a current writer to showrunner ... umm, I'm not really sure if anyone was up to the task with what I saw in season 2, honestly.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like I said, I really don't mind the series becoming more episodic. Really, where season 2 tripped was in its serial stuff and just not knowing what to do with it. Then again, I'm a fan of episodic media anyway.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I thought S2 was pretty episodic, but then (in the first half) they'd make it seem serialized by throwing in a bad Henry scene. "Look, that monster was just part of Henry's latest scheme! Bum bum bum!"

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Headless will ride again.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The mother totally did not stop the horse man of war. What the gently caress was the horse man of famine even going to do?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sober posted:

:getin: This news owns.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/sleepy-hollow-season-3-orlando-jones-leaving-exits-frank-irving-1201486791/

Noooooooo

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
That doesn't sound good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mr.capps posted:

That doesn't sound good.

That sounds horrific, actually. Jones was literally Sleepy Hollow's #1 fan, so if he's jumping ship, I think that's a sign things have gone (even further) to poo poo in a big way for the show.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu:byodood:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Goddamn it, and here I was hoping next season they could turn this trainwreck around....

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hopefully this forces them to blow their wad and give us all four Horsemen, leading to an epic season!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Maybe he wasn't happy with how they didn't do anything interesting with his character for a whole season.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Maybe they'll bring back Katia Winter as a new sheriff somehow. "Forsooth, what I shall require from each and every one of you doth be a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area. Go thou to it."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Regy Rusty posted:

Maybe he wasn't happy with how they didn't do anything interesting with his character for a whole season.

True, man needs a paycheque :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

True, man needs a paycheque :shrug:

He was a regular, he would be getting paid whether or not he was in an episode.

• Locked thread