Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

It has to be some kind of performance art piece with kickstarter as the medium. It has to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I saw the exploding kittens KS then saw it had Inman art and ran away without looking at the rules. Is the gameplay that similar?

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Is the gameplay that similar?

You tell me

The two kickstarters are like a 'spot the difference' puzzle.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Spot the difference puzzles usually have noticeable differences, so not really...

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Scyther posted:

It has to be some kind of performance art piece with kickstarter as the medium. It has to be.

Yeah I really think this is some sort of elaborate and not-funny troll.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This looks pretty interesting: Fall of Magic is an RPG on a cloth scroll.

It's $65 for one copy, but that's a 6' cloth scroll and some metal coins, so I can understand the price.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

According to BGG, Katalyka actually made it to its backers. Katalyka being the game that got massively derailed when the creator started uh, talking to the sun. So basically massive mental issues. Did anyone back it? Receive it? I'm curious what the game is even like given its background.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's $65 for one copy, but that's a 6' cloth scroll and some metal coins, so I can understand the price.

Ugh this is really cool but I just can't justify over 70 bucks for what would just be a neat thing on my RPG shelf.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You could hang it on your wall?

I agree, though; this looks really cool and I get why it costs that much, I just can't justify the purchase.

In other Kickstarters I can't afford to back right now, Kieth Baker's card-based RPG Phoenix: Dawn Command has two days left.

I also wonder how many people are backing this thinking it's the other Vincent Baker.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Just got an email with a DriveThruRPG link for Spirit of '77. Can't wait to get home and get funky.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Evil Mastermind posted:

It is weird that the physical tier doesn't also come with the digital stuff. That's standard practice these days. I want to own the scroll but I also haven't played a game in person in literal years now.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

gnome7 posted:

It is weird that the physical tier doesn't also come with the digital stuff. That's standard practice these days. I want to own the scroll but I also haven't played a game in person in literal years now.

kickstarter posted:

$65 - Scroll Edition

Everything in the Digital Edition
Scroll Edition of Fall of Magic including: Canvas Scroll, Box, 5 custom metal counters, Die, Instructions

Does "Everything in the Digital Edition" not cover what you are looking for? I mean, I only looked at the kickstarter for 10 seconds. I don't even know what the game is yet or if its something I'm interested in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Just got an email with a DriveThruRPG link for Spirit of '77. Can't wait to get home and get funky.

Happy to find the product was both funky and fresh, as promised, five stars.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Happy to find the product was both funky and fresh, as promised, five stars.

Thanks guys, I'm really happy to get this far. Next stop is printed books!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When is Spirit of '77 getting a public release?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

LLSix posted:

Does "Everything in the Digital Edition" not cover what you are looking for? I mean, I only looked at the kickstarter for 10 seconds. I don't even know what the game is yet or if its something I'm interested in.

I clearly did not read closely enough! Never mind my complaint then.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy cow - not only did I get Spirit of 77, which is badass and impressively on-time,

I got a kickstarter I'd given up on - Call of Cthulhu Writhing Dark Playing Cards. It's pretty fantastic. Came with free postcards, too!

e: writing comprehension

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 5, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So within a week I've gotten Feng Shui (very 90's) and Spirit of 77.

I wish I had backed an 80's-themed game. :(

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Holy cow - not only did I get Spirit of 77, a kickstarter I'd given up on - Call of Cthulhu Writhing Dark Playing Cards got here. It's pretty fantastic. Came with free postcards, too!

At first this reads as though you gave up on Spirit of 77, which is about as on time as any Kickstarter ever.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Evil Mastermind posted:

I also wonder how many people are backing this thinking it's the other Vincent Baker.

Nobody now, it's already been taken down for copyright dispute investigation.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

bowmore posted:

When is Spirit of '77 getting a public release?

As soon as we approve a proof for the printed books they (both print and digital) will become available for retail on DTRPG. Hopefully we'll get a proof by the end of the week.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'd say either of those would make a good 80s game. Just add Synth, Pastels, shoulder pads, and generous amounts of cocaine.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

homullus posted:

At first this reads as though you gave up on Spirit of 77, which is about as on time as any Kickstarter ever.

Whoops. Phone posting.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bucnasti posted:

As soon as we approve a proof for the printed books they (both print and digital) will become available for retail on DTRPG. Hopefully we'll get a proof by the end of the week.
Cool poo poo.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Spirit of '77 looks really cool, congratulations!

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Spirit of '77 may be the first powered-by-the-Apocalypse game I actually play. Here's hoping.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Evil Mastermind posted:

In other Kickstarters I can't afford to back right now, Kieth Baker's card-based RPG Phoenix: Dawn Command has two days left.

Thanks for reminding me, it's a little expensive but this game is exactly what my brother, a relative rpg newcomer, has talked about liking for in a pen and paper experience.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gonna ask this here since it looks like other people are reading the pdfs. With '77 in the story sections why do the attribute increasing options say [Requires ..] where that is the base skill that the story has to have? Am I missing something? It seems really redundant but all the stories have it so I'm sure I am.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
I think it's so you can't easily multiclass into them.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, basically that. After a certain level you can pick moves from another role/story, but only ones that role/story picks from for its "choose one/two" options, not its mandatory moves.

This means you can't grab the stat increase moves from another playbook, because they require the mandatory move(s) you don't have access to.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Gotcha thanks that makes sense.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

If you backed Fate Core, the 80's themed Shadow of the Century is going into alpha playtest.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Maelstrom's Edge has upped the $90 pledge level by adding some more models including:

2x Epirian Hunter robots

and 2x Epirian Scarecrow robots

48mm tall for each model.

I'm still meh about this KS, but the Epirian Hunters are pretty cool.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Loki_XLII posted:

If you backed Fate Core, the 80's themed Shadow of the Century is going into alpha playtest.

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that! Retro continuity maintained!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

berzerkmonkey posted:

Maelstrom's Edge has upped the $90 pledge level by adding some more models including:

The robots look cool, but the infantry is just too plain in my opinion.

In other new, Counterblast has a new kickstarter up.

Fun miniatures game with retro aliens and bubble helmets. BUBBLE HELMETS.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Far West is now so close to being done you guys that GMS is no longer doing daily progress updates.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
But he's still making GBS threads up industry threads on Facebook on a daily basis.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

You see completing Far West is a supertask, for each step to completion there is an intermediary step that must be reached, and for each intermediary step there is yet another intermediary step which goes on into infinity. Completing Far West is impossible because he will always be "almost done".

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Peas and Rice posted:

But he's still making GBS threads up industry threads on Facebook on a daily basis.
Color me shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Getting FAR WEST as a "bonus" add-on for my Alas, Vegas pledge made me not want Alas, Vegas anymore.

• Locked thread