Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

wrong it's dixie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

alcharagia posted:

I'm playing Tropical Freeze, and I just want to scream to the world that Cranky Kong is extremely my poo poo, and is easily the best of the three partner characters.

Hell yeah he is.

I felt so much shame when I gave up on using him because despite how rad and fun he is I still was dying a ton and needed Dixie to save me the trouble at times. :smith:

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer
My gamepad has been acting up the past few days. When I start up the wiiu, the screen acts like there's something touching one particular spot on the screen, and makes using it nearly impossible. If I twist the controller (lightly), it fixes itself a little, and after a few minutes of regular play it works fine again. I haven't dropped it or anything, but it seems like something might be broken in it?

I know goons are generally positive towards Nintendo customer support, but I'd rather not go that route until I have to. Has anyone else had issues like this?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Dixie is the best it's true.

Also, the fruit slicing / popsicle making world is great.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Dixie makes the other two partners so pointless it's incredible, why do they even exist?

Okay I guess Cranky has SOME use in getting items over spikes but Diddy serves literally no purpose at all.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Diddy's hard mode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Diddy is difficulty
Cranky is style
Dixie has no grace, this kong kills all pace.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Whoa, thanks to whoever told me to plan out my moves ahead of time with Captain Toad. I was trying to play it like a mario game, where you want to be constantly in motion all the time.

A lifetime of playing badly designed videogames means I'm forever expecting a cheap hit whenever I enter a corner blindly, but so far Captain Toad's been remarkably pleasant.

its also the most Nintendo thing ever to make a game that looks goddamn great - and then create levels that encourage or outright demand I use the gamepad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Thanks Nintendo for poorly marketing the WiiU to the point where the person who burgled my house while I was working just took the tablet and not the actual console where all my poo poo is.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lmao

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

sorry about your theft though that part isnt funny

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Dixie makes the other two partners so pointless it's incredible, why do they even exist?

Okay I guess Cranky has SOME use in getting items over spikes but Diddy serves literally no purpose at all.

Cranky's use is blazing through levels like you're Sonic the Hedgekong

greatn posted:

Thanks Nintendo for poorly marketing the WiiU to the point where the person who burgled my house while I was working just took the tablet and not the actual console where all my poo poo is.

ouch, sorry dude

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm lucky. They took my 360, me and my wife's laptop, the gamepad, but left the WiiU, wiimote controllers, and didn't go in our bedroom and see our iPad air 2 or my Majora's Mask new 3ds.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

greatn posted:

I'm lucky. They took my 360, me and my wife's laptop, the gamepad, but left the WiiU, wiimote controllers, and didn't go in our bedroom and see our iPad air 2 or my Majora's Mask new 3ds.

whoops im coming back now to finish the job :twisted:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The next time someone comes into the thread asking questions about the gamepad we should probably call the police

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Awesome! posted:

whoops im coming back now to finish the job :twisted:

i dont believe that you would forget the wii u. i dont think you are really the thief

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Hey guys anyone knows how to use a Wii U gamepad without a console?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you just need a really big wifi booster

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

Hey guys anyone knows how to use a Wii U gamepad without a console?

God dammit I was a few minutes behind you.

Junkie Disease posted:

Hey angry children! Splatoon is coming! This month! AHHH!

The octopuses in this game make me hungry. Look at them. I hope there's a mission where you have to make them land on a bed of rice or something.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

they took my weed, unplugged my headphones from the back of my computer, took my pipe, but not my Wii U

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
When my dorm room was robbed, I lost my 360 and PS3....but they left the Wii.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depending on what year it was they might have made more money on the Wii.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

greatn posted:

*my wife and i's

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Astro7x posted:

Are there any games that use that 2D to 3D mechanic? Because that was the only fun part of that game.

Crush/3D, Fez.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

*my wife and i's

No, they took me AND my wife's laptop. I'm hostage posting.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

greatn posted:

No, they took me AND my wife's laptop. I'm hostage posting.

Can you ask the thief/kidnapper his opinion on Kickstarter?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Can you ask the thief/kidnapper his opinion on Kickstarter?

I'm not a high enough level backer to ask questions.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm really not sure what to make of Shovel Knight's boss fights. On the one hand, they're properly tense and really do feel appropriately epic.

On the other hand, they almost devolve into my guy and the boss manically hurling projecticles at each other as the screen explodes into a flurry of sprites.

The game keeps on handing me new relics, but I'm still fond of the fire wand just because it doesn't have a weird arc when used. I just took out treasure and plague knight. Having a blast, overal.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Mystery code for something:
3137-2406-9647-2733

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BovineFury posted:

3137-2406-9647-2733

Doh, too slow.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

BovineFury posted:

3137-2406-9647-2733

Thanks I guess. I'm grilling off now.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Whoa, thanks to whoever told me to plan out my moves ahead of time with Captain Toad. I was trying to play it like a mario game, where you want to be constantly in motion all the time.

A lifetime of playing badly designed videogames means I'm forever expecting a cheap hit whenever I enter a corner blindly, but so far Captain Toad's been remarkably pleasant.

its also the most Nintendo thing ever to make a game that looks goddamn great - and then create levels that encourage or outright demand I use the gamepad.

There are only a few worlds that really demand you look at the gamepad the whole time and those are the ones with touch sections. But yeah don't play it like a Mario game. You'll die a lot.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Seems like crime extremely pays, I should get into stealing poo poo

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

You sure about that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

To be perfectly honest, even though Arkham Knight looks incredible (best looking of 2015), I just can't shake my head that Splatoon looks even better. I am probably more hyped for Splatoon than any other game this Summer. I've seen the playthroughs of some of the levels, and even the competitive PvP levels and I am excited. The Great Squidening will soon be upon us

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Yeah, I think I'm more excited for Splatoon because I'm still not 100% sure what to expect (avoiding gameplay videos on purpose) whereas Arkham Knight looks like it's going to basically be like the other games but turned up in lots of ways. Both games will own, though.

Why are the boss fights so not-fun in Tropical Freeze?

Edit:whoops

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Earth Table posted:

Why are the boss fights so not-fun in Tropical Freeze?

Edit:whoops

With the exception of world 4 (the water world), I enjoyed the bosses.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Strange Quark posted:

You sure about that

yes

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Diddy shits all over Dixie and Cranky for most water levels in terms of speedrunning (while Cranky is pretty much the safe option for those due to cane attack) and both (but especially Cranky) are better for bosses when you get good at the game.

It's proven that having Diddy for most of 1-2 makes you go faster through that level as well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought speedrunning had turned it into Cranky Kong Country: Tropical Geezer

Except the water levels yeah

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I's apologies.

• Locked thread