Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
If they nerfed circle strafing and buffed parrying the fight would be better. I have no problem with his rifle damage since that's his gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Capn Beeb posted:

And do something about his lock on grab thing. I've been snatched around corners a few times now.

OTOH you're not really supposed to avoid the grab.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

OTOH you're not really supposed to avoid the grab.

One of the many reasons why he's a dumb annoying boss

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So am I the only one who thinks that they made the Medic Rifle so poo poo on purpose? Medic is kinda superpowered at the moment, and I think that the AR is just there to be a trap for people who think that "more expensive = better" along with the Eviscerator. With how absolutely insanely good the pistol, shotgun and especially the SMG for the medic are, there is no real reason to pick up the AR. You'd be better off with AA12.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

And do something about his lock on grab thing. I've been snatched around corners a few times now.

The Scrake in KF2 was originally gonna have that ability. He was suppose to have a harpoon-like weapon in his other hand.
But they scrapped it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Hans is not fun to fight In My Humble Opinion
I find it fun to RP Hans as an Auschwitz guard and my squadron as rebelling inmates. Perhaps not historically accurate, but I'll be damned if it doesn't add a bit of flavor to the fight.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Taffer posted:

One of the many reasons why he's a dumb annoying boss

Yeah, I'm fine with bosses having various stages that they have to go through, but it's extremely stupid that the transition between those phases requires a blood offering from the players

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kikas posted:

So am I the only one who thinks that they made the Medic Rifle so poo poo on purpose? Medic is kinda superpowered at the moment, and I think that the AR is just there to be a trap for people who think that "more expensive = better" along with the Eviscerator. With how absolutely insanely good the pistol, shotgun and especially the SMG for the medic are, there is no real reason to pick up the AR. You'd be better off with AA12.

Well, the Medic rifle can fire the most darts, so from a "What medic gun medics the most", it is still better than the shotgun.

EDIT: Some way to make it more clear without google the whole "Hans has huge damage reduction from when he drops smoke to when he finishes a grab" would be very important, yes. I've seen people with higher ranks than me pubbing in normal and coordinating over mumble or something who were apparently unaware of this.

Also, making Hans's guns less hit or miss (:iamafag:) on if they are tickling you or the Golden Gun.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 5, 2015

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Hans isn't so bad as long as you fight him somewhere with a lot of things to break line of sight. Grinder room on Biotics Lab, side of the map with the ATVs on Outpost and the area where you exit the subway on Burning Paris have all worked out great for me. Sometimes the pubbies take a bit of convincing which is annoying, but sure, fight Hans right in the open area of outpost if you want :jerkbag:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
People should stop thinking of Hans' grabs as "heals" and more as "opportunities to shoot the guy while I run in a circle." They're really more like breathers than attacks.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

HellCopter posted:

People should stop thinking of Hans' grabs as "heals" and more as "opportunities to shoot the guy while I run in a circle." They're really more like breathers than attacks.

You know that he doesn't take damage during that phase right

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HellCopter posted:

Oh my goodness you ignorant sap.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

HellCopter posted:

Please tell me this is some "I am the puppetmaster" bait and not just further evidence they really need to make Han's damage resistance gimmick clear in game :saddowns:

Tanreall posted:

Why are so many people getting shot anyways? You should have someone right up in his grill so he only uses melee attacks, grenades, and nerve gas.

Hans targeting seems to operate on murphy's law. I've chased him shooting an AA12 point blank into the back of his head trying to get his attention but he would do nothing but chain melee the medic over and over even as they ran all around and up stairs into another room. If I WANT his attention I can magdump my AA12 point blank into him and he will ignore me, If I'm trying to sneak in some shots safely he will 180 to face me before I even unload my boomstick, or If I'm peeking around a corner with a Commando gun.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 5, 2015

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I see that I am the fool. (it's not like this stuff is communicated anywhere in-game)

Learn something new every day! It's still a welcome respite from being shot at, that's for sure.

HellCopter fucked around with this message at 01:18 on May 5, 2015

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Why are so many people getting shot anyways? You should have someone right up in his grill so he only uses melee attacks, grenades, and nerve gas.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

3 words:
Enemy Health Bars.

Maybe make it an unlockable perk. Or make it a secondary function for medical darts.
Shoot a Zed with a dart and his health bar becomes visible for limited time. What do you think of that?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Slybo posted:

3 words:
Enemy Health Bars.

Maybe make it an unlockable perk. Or make it a secondary function for medical darts.
Shoot a Zed with a dart and his health bar becomes visible for limited time. What do you think of that?

Commandos have that.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Slybo posted:

3 words:
Enemy Health Bars.

Only thing that makes Commando good right here

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Only thing that makes Commando good right here
2. Commando is the closest class to cawwadooty, so it will drag the kids in.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Oh. Does everyone see it or just him?
Because I've never noticed one. I was thinking that everyone should be able to see it.

And if I could see it does it look like the players health bar? Because then I have been confusing it for players health bars.
My point being that it should be visually distinct from player health bars.

Slybo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 5, 2015

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
It's a minimalist red health bar above every enemy's head, quite distinct. And maybe I just haven't played with enough commandos, but I don't think other players see them.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

UltraVariant posted:

2. Commando is the closest class to cawwadooty, so it will drag the kids in.

But I've never played a CoD :downs:

Besides, the lifebar while fun is pretty frivolous right now. You know what you see when you decapitate an enemy? 1/4 of a healthbar remaining. With a scrake and FP around you are likely more worried about lining up your shots properly or avoiding getting hurt by it, even with Scrake aggro mechanics.

Honestly the best thing I can say for seeing health bars is they show up well in the dark and help highlight Crawlers in corpse mounds that you have winged in the arm or something. I like that it is there as a little gimmick, but you really would not be missing out on much if it was gone.

Slybo posted:

Oh. Does everyone see it or just him?
Because I've never noticed one. I was thinking that everyone should be able to see it.

And if I could see it does it look like the players health bar? Because then I have been confusing it for players health bars.
My point being that it should be visually distinct from player health bars.

Only the commando sees it. You only see it after you deal damage (or maybe when others deal damage?). The health bar only lasts two seconds and goes away if no further damage is dealt.

And again, see the above where a health bar is not always an indicator of whether or not an enemy has been dealt with.

vvv If only you can see it, I don't really see it helping anybody BUT you. Outside of voice chat "The FP on the left is the one that has more damage guys", but that is more a function of voice chat teamwork than lifebars helping other people.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 5, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

^^^As a commando lifebars on trash don't matter because you should be shredding trash apart. Being able to tell your teammates the status on hans or a fleshpound is invaluable and unique to the class and when the patriach is added stalker vision and lifebars will be even more valuable

The health bar isn't meant to just help you

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 5, 2015

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Fleshpounds are laughably easy to solo as a medic provided trash doesn't kill you.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
The Commando's first skill is Call Out which lets nearby allies gain his Stalker-revealing sight and makes health bars visible for them. It's pitted against Nightvision, which manages to be even less useful on Commandos compared to Berserkers because the former already has great big red bars floating over every zed, even when it's dark.

Honestly most of the skill choices are in dire need of a complete overhaul, but that's why we're in Early Access anyways.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Geight posted:

The Commando's first skill is Call Out which lets nearby allies gain his Stalker-revealing sight and makes health bars visible for them. It's pitted against Nightvision, which manages to be even less useful on Commandos compared to Berserkers because the former already has great big red bars floating over every zed, even when it's dark.

Honestly most of the skill choices are in dire need of a complete overhaul, but that's why we're in Early Access anyways.

Speaking from experience, the part in bold doesn't work. That perk reveals Stalkers but not health bars to allies.

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Since we are talking about Perks that are meant to assist other players.
Am I being a dick by taking more ammo and extra damage with shotguns for myself?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Considering we haven't even seen our first content patch I am hopeful that they will rebalance all this stuff.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you're having trouble with Hans I'd advise to pay attention to his tells, Hans has tells for every single he does and most of his attacks are based either on proximity to him or damage done to him, he pulls out the guns when whatever player he's targeted is to far from him, this is why its his first attack when he spawns because obviously whomever he's targeting is to far, his grenades are both based off distance to him as well as damage, after a certain damage threshold he will always throw his grenades, either gas or normal ones, the whole point of them is to get you to stop shooting him and move somewhere else, a good way to tell visually what nades Hans is going to use is the trails they leave behind, if the trails are red its regular nades, if its green its the gas ones, he also has an audio cue, "HERE'S A BOMBING FOR YOU" is regular nades and anything where he says the word gas is the green poo poo.

After his 2nd heal he tends to do a super attack where he says "I WILL USE MORE GAS, MORE GAS" and tosses tons of gas nades out, this is probably the biggest pub killer I've seen from him, generally at that point you wanna bait him away from the area he just carpet bombed.

The rest of his attacks are melee based, he has a jumping one that's easy to dodge if you're strafing, one where he sort of comboes you with his bayonets which seems to have a bit of tracking, he has a kick as well which also seems to track, one other in melee range attack he has is where he sort of sprays gas around him, he usually says "YOU'RE TO CLOSE" and does it really fast, this attack seems to be based of the amount of time you're in melee range of him and he's actively attacking you, any sort of damage is obviously a deterrent but if you don't move then Hans will do something to make you move, this is why the circle strafe poo poo is so effective because you're dealing damage to him and for the most part he can't track of you so you're not setting off his internal time for the gently caress off melee attack.

Generally its also a good idea to pick a room where you want to fight him and head there after you buy your poo poo, anywhere with lots of cover is good, the spawn in burning Paris, the processing room in Biotics Lab and indoors near spawn in the snow map are generally good spots to deal with him, never ever try to fight him in the open cause he'll gently caress you up with his guns.

Honestly I find hans a lot easier than the patty, pat had 3 insta gib attacks, Hans has 1 which you can see coming from a mile away.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Slybo posted:

Since we are talking about Perks that are meant to assist other players.
Am I being a dick by taking more ammo and extra damage with shotguns for myself?

100% yes to the ammo part

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

The modding scene so far is p. neat:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

100% yes to the ammo part

Then I will 100% stop doing that.
Opps sorry. I am talking about the Support Class, of course.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

gnome7 posted:

Speaking from experience, the part in bold doesn't work. That perk reveals Stalkers but not health bars to allies.

Oh weird. I either misread it or it's not working as intended I guess! Probably the former though.

Geight fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 5, 2015

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

They should change it to reveal health bars so it has a use for everyone, although I guess that'd make nightvision even more of a nonchoice. I usually see stalkers before commandos do due to cloaker PTSD so I get no use out of it currently, and it makes commandos feel useful for the bosses. They're really the only ones who don't bring anything to the table for Hans that the other perks can't also bring.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I hope they end up finding design space to put some more zed variants in. There's plenty of places to draw inspiration from! *cough cough* Dead Space *cough cough*

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I like the idea of having some double-bladed gorefasts for variety's sake

Man it feels weird making requests for more enemies, like, "yeah, make something that I can curse in god's name real good while it kills me"

Edit: "Dear Tripwire: I am seeking hitherto unknown sources of pain. Please demonstrate to me the pleasures of the new flesh."

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 04:10 on May 5, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Give me a scrake with two chainsaws constantly spinning like a ballerina

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

Ruggington posted:

Give me a scrake with two chainsaws constantly spinning like a ballerina

Only if he has a tutu w/ simulated cloth physics.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I kind of picture the new Scrake as a really disgruntled kid who just wanted to be a professional dancer, but grew up in a really hard, manly family of butchers and lumberjacks. Told to get a real job, he got stuck in accounting at Horzine and with the outbreak has decided to take out his frustration on the world that drove him mad, with pointless numbers as his dreams of being on Broadway crumbled, through interpretive chainsaw dancing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Make Crawlers with circular sawblades for hands and feet.

Basically, let me shoot the Wheelers from Return To Oz.