Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Medullah posted:

For anyone still on the fence about subscribing or buying SoR, the Amazon bundle pack is down to $30 That's 2 months of subscription, SoR expansion, and 2400 cartel coins.

Also if someone just needs A BILLION COINS the $100 cartel coin card is $20 off today.

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It's 20$ off, not 20$. Still 80 bucks.

acidblue
Apr 30, 2005
nerdboy
Ok, you guys got me. I resubbed. Jebu is back. Now, who do I see to get reinvited to the guild? You dickwads kicked me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

acidblue posted:

Ok, you guys got me. I resubbed. Jebu is back. Now, who do I see to get reinvited to the guild? You dickwads kicked me.

If only the OP had instructions including pictures on how to find someone....

acidblue
Apr 30, 2005
nerdboy

Medullah posted:

If only the OP had instructions including pictures on how to find someone....

Its' a drat shame I don't read these things!

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Can't see any Jebu online, and I can't invite you if you're not on.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

if they'd knock 20% off the 5500 card I'd buy that thing, but I'm not spending 80 bucks on space barbie.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Game is approximately a hundred times better with the storyline boost, since when you strip out all the necessary sidequesting it's a drat fun single-player game with a guild-chat. I'm going through the Sith Warrior this time as light/neutral rather than pure evil and it is way more fun watching everyone just be utterly confused at me. Does Sith Inquisitor have the same effect?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Pierson posted:

Game is approximately a hundred times better with the storyline boost, since when you strip out all the necessary sidequesting it's a drat fun single-player game with a guild-chat. I'm going through the Sith Warrior this time as light/neutral rather than pure evil and it is way more fun watching everyone just be utterly confused at me. Does Sith Inquisitor have the same effect?

I've been doing a bi-polar neutral Sith Juggernaut and it's pretty fun confusing the bejesus out of people. I want to murder people left and right, but not all the time, unless you say the wrong thing motherfucker, no seriously run away before I murder you, just kidding I'm going to murder you.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Pierson posted:

You can play inquisitor as crazy psychopath and it's pretty awesome. None of the other stories allow you to be so insane.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Light side sith inquisitor is pretty similar in tone to light side warrior, everyone is constantly baffled by how you're getting results without torturing everyone and stuff, it's pretty fantastic.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Casyl posted:

You can play inquisitor as crazy psychopath and it's pretty awesome. None of the other stories allow you to be so insane.

hopterque posted:

Light side sith inquisitor is pretty similar in tone to light side warrior, everyone is constantly baffled by how you're getting results without torturing everyone and stuff, it's pretty fantastic.

Conversely, Dark Side Inquisitor is also pretty satisfying in that you're a complete rear end in a top hat and your solution to 90% of the problems is "let me electrocute you until you do what I say and/or die." It's actually kind of great and is less mustache twirling baby-eating douchebag as the usual Bioware fare, mainly because the Dark choices generally boil down to one of five things:

- It's faster and saves you time to just be an rear end in a top hat.
- They wronged you and now you are going to gently caress them up.
- They got cocky and you're going to put them in their place.
- They're a bigger piece of poo poo than you and you'll look good if you take care of them.
- Any combination of the above, including all of them.

They're rarely the completely bonkers off the wall evil for the sake of evil choices that you usually see. Sadly, the side quests muddle this impression, but the main Inquisitor quests all have a method to their madness, and it's pretty great.

acidblue
Apr 30, 2005
nerdboy
Light Side Sith Warrior was my favorite experience of the 8 story lines.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

acidblue posted:

It's pretty amusing. I've been holding out for the 12x boost to finish levelling mine but I finished act I and the reactions from the NPCs in the latter half of the act have been great. I picture my warrior getting more and more annoyed when explaining that I just want to talk to the padawan while everyone goes 'no, you're a Sith monster and are lying' and you end up letting them go and they're all 'huh???'. It's probably helping that my warrior manages to look and sound incredibly smug at all times, though.

My favourite bit is still during the fight with Nomen Karr when you tell the Padawan to use their ability to sense dark side on you and the Padawan is like 'uhhhhh what the gently caress you're not dark side at all'.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
I always hate making new characters because I never know what crew skills to take. I already have cybertech, slicing, and scavenge on my assassin. Now with this 12x stuff its going to be hard to keep them up to speed, but I do have plenty of credits to blow on mats as long as they arent disgustingly expensive. I rolled an IA Operative. I was just thinking the usual biochem bio analysis and diplomacy? Not really looking to make money when selling on the GTN, but not opposed to it. Just something easy that I can be lazy with.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Twinkie Fat Sac posted:

I always hate making new characters because I never know what crew skills to take. I already have cybertech, slicing, and scavenge on my assassin. Now with this 12x stuff its going to be hard to keep them up to speed, but I do have plenty of credits to blow on mats as long as they arent disgustingly expensive. I rolled an IA Operative. I was just thinking the usual biochem bio analysis and diplomacy? Not really looking to make money when selling on the GTN, but not opposed to it. Just something easy that I can be lazy with.

You will most likely outlevel your crew skills really quickly with 12xp unless you spend a lot of time working on it, which isn't worth it with the increase in comms you get now. Don't focus on making your own gear. Pick whatever skills you want and worry about leveling them at 60 if you really care about it. If you just want to make some money I suggest slicing/scavenging/underworld trading.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

hopterque posted:

It's 20$ off, not 20$. Still 80 bucks.

Whoops yeah that's what I meant. Was leaving for work when I posted it. Sorry for the confusion. Changed it to not give people the wrong idea. :shobon:

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
I came back for the 12x XP boost and to do Ziost on my only 60.

I have not played since early January. I like the changes to the daily comms from quest rewards, and the decrease in comm gear prices. Going to make leveling easier.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I definitely don't feel like I am getting enough comms to gear my dude out :( Guess I'll have to buy oranges off the AH

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Yeah, get cheap oranges and use Comms on mods. That is best way to do it.

Depending on the class, you don't really need to worry about anything other then armour mods for the most part. You will be ahead enough on the level curve to not have to worry about it.

At least that is what I've heard.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
PSA: Do not try to pug the new world boss. Holy poo poo are pubbie dps players terrible. Enrage at 60 something % because most of the dps couldn't grasp the concept of "hit adds first".

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Referral code in case anyone wants to use it during the 12xp (according to reddit this counts as sub for the boost): http://www.swtor.com/r/W62Csy

Also, anyone who has a stealth character and hasn't bought rocket boost is crazy. Finally leveling my smuggler with the boost and holy cow is it great just stealth rocketing through mobs.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

acidblue posted:

ditto

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

PSA: Do not try to pug the new world boss. Holy poo poo are pubbie dps players terrible. Enrage at 60 something % because most of the dps couldn't grasp the concept of "hit adds first".

Ouch. On Ebon Hawk the pug I was in actually downed him after 2 unintended resets without wiping, before anyone posted strats. Not so hard to figure out that the adds need to be downed together to provide a larger window to dps the boss, and everyone in the group followed instructions rather well.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Ossipago posted:

Referral code in case anyone wants to use it during the 12xp (according to reddit this counts as sub for the boost): http://www.swtor.com/r/W62Csy

Also, anyone who has a stealth character and hasn't bought rocket boost is crazy. Finally leveling my smuggler with the boost and holy cow is it great just stealth rocketing through mobs.

Where do you find the unlock for the 2nd tier of rocket boost in the store? Why cant they add a search function to the collections or the cartel store. It's incredibly stupid.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

CheeseSpawn posted:

Where do you find the unlock for the 2nd tier of rocket boost in the store? Why cant they add a search function to the collections or the cartel store. It's incredibly stupid.

Open your legacy window, go to the universal unlocks tab, I forget the exact name since I haven't played in a while. There's that and lots of other goodies there that you don't buy consumable items from the cartel market to unlock there.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Haven't bought one but apparently the latest hypercrate pack has a 100% chance to have a "platinum" crate inside which drops an ultra rare or better. People have reported things from a credit boom (100k) to the new cycle speeder in those. If credit boom is ultra rare, that kinda sucks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Haven't bought one but apparently the latest hypercrate pack has a 100% chance to have a "platinum" crate inside which drops an ultra rare or better. People have reported things from a credit boom (100k) to the new cycle speeder in those. If credit boom is ultra rare, that kinda sucks.

Yeah, i got a belt as my "super rare" item in the crate i bought.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Yeah, i got a belt as my "super rare" item in the crate i bought.

Hahaha. Wow. A whole belt!? I think they might want to rethink their loot tables and move some stuff around so that 100k and "belts" are not in the same category as centerpiece decorations and unique mounts.

EDIT: Did you at least get any good stuff from the rest of the crates?

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 5, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Hahaha. Wow. A whole belt!? I think they might want to rethink their loot tables and move some stuff around so that 100k and "belts" are not in the same category as centerpiece decorations and unique mounts.

EDIT: Did you at least get any good stuff from the rest of the crates?

Nothing that really jumped out. Satele Shan decoration, which isn't even a centerpiece.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So with this 12x XP thing I am trying my hand at leveling a Sith Assassin, any words on which of the three specs is better?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fat_Cow posted:

So with this 12x XP thing I am trying my hand at leveling a Sith Assassin, any words on which of the three specs is better?

I'd do darkness or hatred, depending if you want to learn to tank or DPS.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Medullah posted:

I'd do darkness or hatred, depending if you want to learn to tank or DPS.

Is deception really not that good for DPS too?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fat_Cow posted:

It's good, but takes a while to build up the skills needed. It's also more of a single target burst spec, which relies heavily on you being behind the opponent. Your tank companions don't do the BEST job of keeping threat. Also, Deception uses Force Cloak in its rotation which doesn't work when you're soloing since mobs will go back to full health. :) Hatred has better aoe and since the story of the game has you focusing on groups of mobs, it's better.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fat_Cow posted:

You'll have the easiest time overall just using Hatred. Darkness might be better with the 12x simply because some of your gear might be lovely at any given time so you'll be squishy, particularly since you don't get a healing companion for a really long time.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Fuzz posted:

particularly since you don't get a healing companion for a really long time.

Getting Treek at level 10 is a great investment here, if you can.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Treek is awesome as a crazy Ewok mercenary. Like what would you think if you saw a guy with a three foot ewok bodyguard. I would be scared as gently caress of that Ewok.

She heals even when she is tank stance too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Treek is an even better investment if you're playing a new bounty hunter or trooper since she comes with two sets of Aim armor that you can steal one of at level 10

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

I resubscribed and promptly prettified Adonnta with the poo poo I bought for space dress up before I stopped playing and got her new hair. BIT IT CLIPS EVERYTHINNNNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

wtftastic posted:

I resubscribed and promptly prettified Adonnta with the poo poo I bought for space dress up before I stopped playing and got her new hair. BIT IT CLIPS EVERYTHINNNNG.

Just like hair in real life. Are you talking about the Leia on Endor cut? That does not play well with collars, bulky armor, shoulderpads, or much of anything.

• Locked thread