Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

triplexpac posted:

This reminds me, you used to be able to hold down a button to not break a hold when the guy was in the ropes, and the ref would start to count you out. That was awesome, it was a fun way to get into the heel role.

So of course they took that out.

That was the best in no-DQ matches. You'd apply a sub and hold down the button while they're near or on the ropes, and 20 seconds later the sub would finally break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Chris James 2 posted:

That was the best in no-DQ matches. You'd apply a sub and hold down the button while they're near or on the ropes, and 20 seconds later the sub would finally break.

That was a fun and easy way to get your submission skills up too iirc.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

One of the dumb things about CAW in last gen Smackdown that dates back many years now is that high heeled shoes do not make the wearer taller. The CAW's shins just shrink to accommodate the new height of the foot. With a short enough wrestler and tall enough shoes you can replicate the injuries of Cotton Hill.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

ShootaBoy posted:

:eng101: Actually, it depends on your moveset! Certain moves are tracked as face while others are heel, unfortunately there is no way to tell which is which short of experimentation. Off the top of my head I can that the face stretch and any of the rope chokes are heel, ans possibly the corner dropkick as well.

One way to tell is moves that have "dirty" as a tag in the moveset editor.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

That didn't seem to matter much in the console version at least. I inflicted a ton of dick trauma and was still hailed as a hero to the WWE Universe. Maybe it was patched? IDK

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

I inflicted a ton of dick trauma and was still hailed as a hero to the WWE Universe.

well it is wrestling, after all

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

That didn't seem to matter much in the console version at least. I inflicted a ton of dick trauma and was still hailed as a hero to the WWE Universe. Maybe it was patched? IDK

The hulk hogan principle.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
They patched Supercard. It's a great game now guys I swear

Edit: I have the recommended video card for 2K15 but this game runs like shiiiit. I have never had problems like I have with this game, I ran stuff like Shadows of Mordor totally fine.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 01:00 on May 5, 2015

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

What'd they change?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Swagger Dagger posted:

What'd they change?

Oh I was just being sarcastic. But they added daily login rewards and little star badges for your maxed out pro cards. Apparently they did some matchmaking tweaks as well? Not sure if they eliminated sandbagging or not.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

triplexpac posted:

Oh I was just being sarcastic. But they added daily login rewards and little star badges for your maxed out pro cards. Apparently they did some matchmaking tweaks as well? Not sure if they eliminated sandbagging or not.

I tried a 3 good 2 poo poo card team in exhibition and 3/4 potential opponents were at a higher deck tier than mine, so I think they did something to penalize the strategy, at least

login bonuses seem to top out at epics, at least this month.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Whoever runs their loving marketing algorithms deserves a raise because today was the first day since I installed Super Card that I didn't play at all and now I hear "Daily Login Bonuses" and I'm updating the app.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

triplexpac posted:

Edit: I have the recommended video card for 2K15 but this game runs like shiiiit. I have never had problems like I have with this game, I ran stuff like Shadows of Mordor totally fine.

All PC ports run like garbage unless you have the best available GPU. I have a r9 290x 8gb and I still can't run it with MSAA at all.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Basic Chunnel posted:

I found that the best way to be hated by the WWE Universe and Michael Cole was to do a taunt. I was showing off and trying to get the crowd behind me, instead I got booed for the rest of the match and Cole was like ":byodood: WHAT A BLATANT SHOW OF DISRESPECT"

At least you no longer get "boring" chants while playing as a CAW, I guess. That was a thing in one of the older games.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

1st AD posted:

All PC ports run like garbage unless you have the best available GPU. I have a r9 290x 8gb and I still can't run it with MSAA at all.

I finally got Metal Gear Rising and was shocked that I could play it at max settings with no problem on my puny Radeon HD 6670. It is only dx9, though, so that probably has a lot to do with it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No the WWE port isn't very well optimized because big publishers don't care about pc.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fucks sake, the number two atomweight in the world has gone to jail for a year in my WMMA4 game. Welp, guess I'm not getting my money match for a while yet.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Testekill posted:

Fucks sake, the number two atomweight in the world has gone to jail for a year in my WMMA4 game. Welp, guess I'm not getting my money match for a while yet.

the alternate universe where Michelle Waterson makes the wrong turn at Albuquerque

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Testekill posted:

can you not go into the database during the game and fix that? I think in the wrestling ones you can do that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

KungFu Grip posted:

can you not go into the database during the game and fix that? I think in the wrestling ones you can do that.

Not in WMMA4 you can't. It functions sort of like a medical suspension and you can't really do anything about that outside of coping.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

RBX posted:

No the WWE port isn't very well optimized because big publishers don't care about pc.

Yeah, I'm expecting to have to turn AA and shadows down to get a playable frame rate out of it. It's what I have to do with most new games. It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I can get it anyway.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Here are a bunch of modding resources on 2k's official forums:

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?1791621-Modding-Directory-Thread-Mod-Info-Updates-and-Progress!

Someone's already working on a GUI that's going to be able to swap out files on the fly.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Blasmeister posted:

I tried a 3 good 2 poo poo card team in exhibition and 3/4 potential opponents were at a higher deck tier than mine, so I think they did something to penalize the strategy, at least

login bonuses seem to top out at epics, at least this month.

From what I've read before, login bonuses are always going to top out at epic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Somehow I missed that Immortals is running an Evolved Paige challenge and added Big E (as a jungle man jfc) and Ultimate Warrior.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
So I tried WWE 2K15 on my other computer, the more powerful one hooked up to my living room TV.

It runs better than on my iMac through Bootcamp, but I hit a different glitch this time. The game won't run in full screen. It's a very common bug according to the forums.

I think the framerate is still clunky, but maybe I'm just expecting the game to move faster than it really does? Anyway, it sure is fun to play NXT mode and have Bill DeMott tear you a new one the whole time

Edit: Watching some Youtube videos, it appears the game just moves slow.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 5, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It suffers from ridiculous slowdown on my machine. I have a GTX670 which still performs really well in benchmarks, but it's a couple of years old now at least so maybe it's not good enough?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 670 should be way more than good enough for 2k15, so slowdowns are probably just poor optimisation.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Endless Mike posted:

Somehow I missed that Immortals is running an Evolved Paige challenge and added Big E (as a jungle man jfc) and Ultimate Warrior.

Warrior is the jungle man. Big E is a circus strongman and a Roman god.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

A strongman wearing loving leopard print.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sorry, yeah, I see Tarzan, not a circus strongman. (And yeah, a Roman god, which is cool.)

ExMortis
Feb 14, 2012

Let's RUNNING!! :ussr:

Hmmm....!!! Problematic, to say the least!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Endless Mike posted:

Sorry, yeah, I see Tarzan, not a circus strongman. (And yeah, a Roman god, which is cool.)

I'd say the weightlifting belt would give it away tbh

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I still think this should have been Nattie.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Paige is the newest member of Xeriouxly Forxe.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea why isn't that Natty? Weird.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Snacksmaniac posted:

Yea why isn't that Natty? Weird.

It was probably Nattie at first, then WWE said "no one likes Nattie, surely you want Paige"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

pressedbunny posted:

I still think this should have been Nattie.

I appreciate the use of a future-thong to really tie the outfit together.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sockser posted:

Paige forgot to do laundry and had to wear a bathing suit for underwear.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Sockser posted:

Future-thongs as envisioned in the 90s. A shame there's no full artwork so we'll never know if she's wearing Jet Set Radio rollerblades or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Delsaber posted:

Future-thongs as envisioned in the 90s. A shame there's no full artwork so we'll never know if she's wearing Jet Set Radio rollerblades or not.

She seems to be, the way she moves what with sparks and poo poo.