Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

Baal and I stream Yugioh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Arc V has given us a better 5D's than post-dark signers 5D's. :allears: Yuzu and Yugo's adventures are going to be fun as hell.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Maybe the inevitable support for Black-Winged Dragon will make it not the shittiest Signer Dragon

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

alcharagia posted:

Maybe the inevitable support for Black-Winged Dragon will make it not the shittiest Signer Dragon

I thought Ancient Fairy Dragon took that spot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

alcharagia posted:

Screw that, just make a new BFD and Red Daemon's.

Rudoku posted:

Ancient Fairy can run some pretty cool turbo decks. Look up Crystal Beast Turbo.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Rudoku posted:

When I say "Signer Dragon" I am including their manga equivalents. Ancient Pixie Dragon is the bee's knees

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
My Scale of Signer Dragons from Worst to Best:

Black-Winged Dragon: lol who cares about either of your forms
Power Tool/Life Stream Dragon: I guess he's alright for equip spell decks and Life Stream Dragon is one of the few cards that could possibly summon Shooting Quasar
Ancient Fairy Dragon: Sucks, but Pixie is mad useful in any deck with a Field Spell
Stardust Dragon: Base form is mad useful but Spark is pretty poo poo, Shooting Star is very limited in what kind of decks you can run it, lol Quasar
Black Rose Dragon: gently caress yeah, Black Rose Dragon's two forms are both mad useful
Red Dragon Archfiend: I'VE GOT THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED *blows all fuckers to bits*

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Hmm, about Red Demon's and the last episode of Arc V Wonder if they'll release a new-NEW new version of it since this is Slightly Diferent JACK ATLAS.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hmm, about Red Demon's and the last episode of Arc V Wonder if they'll release a new-NEW new version of it since this is Slightly Diferent JACK ATLAS.

it is literally impossible for this not to happen

Edit: I hope it has synergy with Absolute King Back Jack personally

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

alcharagia posted:

My Scale of Signer Dragons from Worst to Best:

Black-Winged Dragon: lol who cares about either of your forms
Power Tool/Life Stream Dragon: I guess he's alright for equip spell decks and Life Stream Dragon is one of the few cards that could possibly summon Shooting Quasar
Ancient Fairy Dragon: Sucks, but Pixie is mad useful in any deck with a Field Spell
Stardust Dragon: Base form is mad useful but Spark is pretty poo poo, Shooting Star is very limited in what kind of decks you can run it, lol Quasar
Black Rose Dragon: gently caress yeah, Black Rose Dragon's two forms are both mad useful
Red Dragon Archfiend: I'VE GOT THE NEED, THE NEED FOR SPEED *blows all fuckers to bits*

Stardust Spark Dragon is actually really good for protecting boss monsters that don't have their own innate protection.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dexie posted:

Stardust Spark Dragon is actually really good for protecting boss monsters that don't have their own innate protection.

Well, I suppose that's true, that said I still wouldn't put Stardust overall above Black Rose or Red Dragon Archfiend simply because of how absurdly useful the latter two are

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen Red Dragon Archfiend used in a duel before...

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Dexie posted:

You know, I don't think I've ever actually seen Red Dragon Archfiend used in a duel before...

wait

really????

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Seriously.

EDIT: I mean, it's good, but I think there's other Synchros that are way, way better.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
We can both agree that Black Rose Dragon is the bomb though, right?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I've seen people run the manga Red Demon's, but I don't think I've seen people run the anime Red Demon's Dragon either.

alcharagia posted:

We can both agree that Black Rose Dragon is the bomb though, right?

Both Black Rose Dragon and Moonlight Rose Dragon are super good. You have to wonder how Aki wasn't top-tier running that. Oh right, late 5D's.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Both Black Rose Dragon and Moonlight Rose Dragon are super good. You have to wonder how Aki wasn't top-tier running that. Oh right, late 5D's.

it was because of her terrible hair actually. take the dumb hair-wheel thing out and get a comb. hell, get a haircut, your bangs are something awful

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i realize the irony of saying that about a yugioh character but akiza's hair isn't even, like, anime stylistically weird like yusei or yugi, it's just straight up awful. i don't think she does a very good job taking care of her personal hygiene

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
though compared to her boyfriend, whose day job is playing with junk and building motorcycles, i guess she's not the worst off

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40870394/KingBeatsGods.yrp

Hail to the king, baby.

Slur fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 5, 2015

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Slur posted:

This is probably the greatest thing that has ever happened to me on any stream.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Slur posted:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Slur posted:

The king truly is entertainment.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Not even the Gods can stop Jack Atlas.

Slur fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 5, 2015

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Arc-V: A treatise on class warfare in the 21th century

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Guys Entermages are really loving fun and I am so happy that we finally have a new Spellcaster archetype that's this much fun.

EDIT: Trapeze Magician is the best boss monster.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 5, 2015

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Some more English names have been revealed from the French dub.

Sora Shiunin -> Sora Perse
Shuzo Hiiragi -> Skip Boyle
Masumi -> Julia
Yaiba Todo -> Kit Blade

Yoko, Yusho, and Nico Smiley keep their original names.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kay Kessler posted:

I don't know how I feel about this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh god, I wish I was there for this

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kay Kessler posted:

Some more English names have been revealed from the French dub.

Sora Shiunin -> Sora Perse
Masumi -> Julia
Yaiba Todo -> Kit Blade

Yoko, Yusho, and Nico Smiley keep their original names.

Sora's name sounds appropriately hoity-toity, Yuzu Boyle or Melody Boyle or whatever is gonna be really dumb, Julia is good but I was really hoping for Mabel and Kit Blade is kinda perfect.

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!

Dexie posted:

Also for locking people through floodgates when they try to MST them. I.E. Vanity's Emptiness.

Spark is kinda awesome.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

VJeff posted:

Sora's name sounds appropriately hoity-toity, Yuzu Boyle or Melody Boyle or whatever is gonna be really dumb, Julia is good but I was really hoping for Mabel and Kit Blade is kinda perfect.

Zuzu. Zuzu Boyle.

:stonk:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Well, that was a fat lot of exposition and recapping.

E: but still, how very interesting that Yuugo apparently replaces Yusei in this version of the events.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 5, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Well, that was a fat lot of exposition and recapping.

E: but still, how very interesting that Yuugo apparently replaces Yusei in this version of the events.

Not 100% though Instead Yugo was inspired by Jack's story, rather than being his friend

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

It's funny how much I don't know what you guys are talking about with the Signer Dragons having forms. In my day, Stardust and Red Demons were the only ones that had them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rudoku posted:

It's funny how much I don't know what you guys are talking about with the Signer Dragons having forms. In my day, Stardust and Red Demons were the only ones that had them.

The manga decided to go off and do its own thing with the dragons which is something that's different but I still like.

It also features Yusei dueling a skeleton knight who is dueling on horse back.

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

A Skeleton Knight with quite the backstory.

On the Synchro Dimension. Miyashita has made it abundantly clear that he will not be voicing Yuusei anytime soon. We can assume that Yuusei does not exist in Arc-VDs; and that Yugo is more or less taking his place in the story. The existence of Jean-Michel Roget in place of Godwin tells us that it is likely that no original members of MIDS are alive in this reality. However, Momentum still exists as evidenced in Yugo's bike. I am curious as to what role Momentum plays in Arc-V, as the technology was fairly central to 5Ds myth arc.

Also, petition to refer to Synchro Dimension "City", as "Neo New Domino City" (NNDC)?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I don't know how I feel about this.

I think it's pretty fitting. Skip is a youthful sounding name, and Boyle(Boil) references his hot-bloodedness.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I've basically not been watching Arc V and just watched the most recent episode because I heard that Jack was back. I actually enjoyed that a lot, is the show as a whole generally pretty good? Kind of want to start from episode 1 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Hopeford posted:

I've basically not been watching Arc V and just watched the most recent episode because I heard that Jack was back. I actually enjoyed that a lot, is the show as a whole generally pretty good? Kind of want to start from episode 1 now.

It's the best series in the franchise.