Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Health can go above 10, though I think you'd pretty much have to hack a savefile to get it that high even with every bonus you can squeeze out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I have the option to request an invasion of the HRE an the pope ill grant it and I actually have the men to beat them if their doom stack doesn't squash my doom stack. As In they might have better troops. Going to roll with that I think. See what happens. The game is done for everyone else if I win because they are a mega blob and so am I. Dunno what to make of it. I might have to give people kingdoms to be in vassal limit.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Ok folks, v. 0.3 of PlagueMod is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzmg53wqlfavjxl/enhanced_black_death%20%284%29.zip?dl=0

This version features:
  • An improved quarantine system - it will actually slow down the plague. Thanks Skype guys!
  • Flavor events!
  • A better system for notifying the world when the plague has struck.
  • And more (that I can't think of at the moment)

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Ok folks, v. 0.3 of PlagueMod is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzmg53wqlfavjxl/enhanced_black_death%20%284%29.zip?dl=0

This version features:
  • An improved quarantine system - it will actually slow down the plague. Thanks Skype guys!
  • Flavor events!

At what point are you planning on putting it on the workshop?

Deific Presence
May 7, 2007

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

This version features:
  • Flavor events!

Is it compatible with HIP or CK2+?

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

pwnyXpress posted:

At what point are you planning on putting it on the workshop?

That's a good question. I think I'm ready to put it up there, I just would like some more bug testing. I'm pretty sure the workshop should automatically update the mod when I update it. If enough people want me to put it up there now, I'd be fine with that. I can add more stuff to the mod while it's there.

its IRONIC god
Dec 18, 2011

Oh Yeaaah!!
I think I broke Europe :stare:

I might have survived half of the world rebelling against me and two adventurers attacking at the same time, if I didn't also accidentally destroy my 20 000 man retinues. Seems like Karlingian Rome just wasn't meant to be :sigh:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

This version features:
  • Flavor events!

I don't like how you modify so many files. That makes it very difficult to play nice with other mods.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Z-Neth posted:

I think I broke Europe :stare:

I might have survived half of the world rebelling against me and two adventurers attacking at the same time, if I didn't also accidentally destroy my 20 000 man retinues. Seems like Karlingian Rome just wasn't meant to be :sigh:

That sure is something.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Riso posted:

I don't like how you modify so many files. That makes it very difficult to play nice with other mods.

:confused:

Not every file shown is modified. Most of them are that are shown aren't modified. I just copied and pasted from the main CK2 folder for ease of modding, so there's a lot of stuff shown that I haven't touched. There's only a few specific things modified, like events, traits, decisions, and localization.

e:I just went in and removed the superfluous stuff, so that's taken care of.

Mr.Morgenstern fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 3, 2015

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hate to doublepost, but I've got the mod uploaded to Steam. I've cleared out the superfluous stuff in the mod as well. You guys want me to make the mod public, so y'all can download more easily? BTW I have no idea how this will interact with other mods.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I have deleted all characters and dynasties from my mod. I now begin the horrifying process of making every ruler from scratch.

It's the only way to remove the fluff. :smithicide:

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I have deleted all characters and dynasties from my mod. I now begin the horrifying process of making every ruler from scratch.

It's the only way to remove the fluff. :smithicide:

Godspeed, HGS.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
You kept a copy of the original character files, right?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Shadeoses posted:

You kept a copy of the original character files, right?

I got the vanilla files, yes. The previous edits are gone.

Does anyone have an idea on how the dynasty coat of arms works? Even though the characters are Christian they keep getting Pagan CoAs. It's annoying when I'm trying to see if the coat of arms I made works, since Pagan/Muslim/Non-Christian CoAs are completely different.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

So I posted the Black Death mod on the Paradox Forums, and one of the Monotheism Rising folks asked me if they could use it in exchange for giving me credit for the BDmod. I said yes (being rather flattered) and then decided to check out MR. One of the mods incorporated into it is Project Augustus, which is GLORIOUS BYZANTIUM personified. Among other things you can have:

A special version of the Augustus trait known as Autocrator
The ability to reform the Orthodox faith into the Imperial Faith
A special CB called Imperial Dignity, which allows you to use a CB like Imperial Reconquest on Justinian's conquests.

Dude who contacted me has been pretty chill, but he suggested that I add a decision to send a ruler into hiding like

quote:

When the plague hit Serbia, Emperor Stephen and his wife retreated to Mount Athos.
Emperor Stephan?

Of Serbia?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

Emperor Stephan?

Of Serbia?

Yep.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
I thought I'd give playing as Charlemagne a proper go, but I end up playing the Byzantines in whatever start I do.

Things to notice:
  • It's 800 and I have the Byzantine Empire and all the lands of Italia, Francia and Germania
  • I'm Charlemagne
  • I'm Basque
  • I now have as many troops as the Abbassids

I chose not to form any Empires, and continued to expand Kingdoms, then I swore fealty to the Byzantine Emperor, and since I had 200% of his strength, pressing faction demands was easy, so I factioned for Elective then factioned to be Emperor.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
So, i'm playing the GoT mod and somehow Daenerys just had a daughter with Jhiqui. Uh, that's certainly something.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I've pretty much accomplished my goal in my Cornish reconquest game. I own all the land of Wales and England, and the only ruling Anglo-Saxon on the isles is a count with one county in the de jure land of Pictland. It's 920 and I'm not sure where to go now. I don't have the land to form the empire, I'm not sure I want to tangle with the Picts or Irish (I'm also thinking of reworking the Pictish to Scottish culture stuff, assuming that the Picts are Brittonic then I wouldn't think that another Brittonic culture taking over would make them turn Gaelic, but if I cut that out than I'd think maybe some sort of event to eventually have them start converting to Scottish if they're still independent?), but I'm thinking I might want to try taking Brittany. France and Germany are a complete clusterfuck so I should be relatively safe there.

Also, every time I look at Eastern Europe I get sad. Poland had a glorious rise, conquering all of Poland, all of Pomerania, and all of Pannonia. If they had just grabbed Kiev, I think they could have reformed their faith. Then their king died and it all got split up and the borders are hideous now.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
If a random dynasty member has 4k gold and no children, will I get the money if he suffers an unfortunate accident?

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
If I'm a viking and I conquer a feudal realm, and then move my capital and primary title to those lands, does that change me to a feudal ruler? I've never really understood what actually defines you as tribal. Cause I've been in situations where like I'll give my son a feudal county, and then he becomes feudal, and gets the -30 relations and everything, but then when I die and I become him, he goes back to being tribal because he's got my tribal kingdom title or whatever, so I know it's not a tag that your character carries or something like that.

And since there are vikings like the Jorvik guy and the Nantes guy who start out feudal in 867, I'm wondering if you're able to go feudal by just uprooting and setting up shop in a feudal realm. I mean isn't that kinda the whole point of prepared invasions?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
My last game had my character having an affair with his son/heir's wife. Which was cool because my son was having an affair with my new wife.

Also Mali turned Germanic suddenly, their spymaster was Germanic in exile and the ruler must have gotten the 'courtier talks to you about their faith' event.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

super fart shooter posted:

If I'm a viking and I conquer a feudal realm, and then move my capital and primary title to those lands, does that change me to a feudal ruler? I've never really understood what actually defines you as tribal. Cause I've been in situations where like I'll give my son a feudal county, and then he becomes feudal, and gets the -30 relations and everything, but then when I die and I become him, he goes back to being tribal because he's got my tribal kingdom title or whatever, so I know it's not a tag that your character carries or something like that.

And since there are vikings like the Jorvik guy and the Nantes guy who start out feudal in 867, I'm wondering if you're able to go feudal by just uprooting and setting up shop in a feudal realm. I mean isn't that kinda the whole point of prepared invasions?
You can't change your capital from a tribe to a feudal place, sorry. It's defined by your capital.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I have 35 martial and just got an event that gives +2 but I didn't get it is there a limit?

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Deceitful Penguin posted:

You can't change your capital from a tribe to a feudal place, sorry. It's defined by your capital.

THat's dumb as hell but it's kinda what I expected What's the point of offensive pagans if you can't even rule the stuff that you're conquering without having to trudge through a bunch of arbitrary crown law & religious requirements? Tribal government stuff is such a pain in the rear end

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

verbal enema posted:

I have 35 martial and just got an event that gives +2 but I didn't get it is there a limit?

There isn't a limit. I don't know why you wouldn't have gotten it but I've seen martial scores higher than 50 before so it's not capped, or at least not at 35.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

So I posted the Black Death mod on the Paradox Forums, and one of the Monotheism Rising folks asked me if they could use it in exchange for giving me credit for the BDmod. I said yes (being rather flattered) and then decided to check out MR. One of the mods incorporated into it is Project Augustus, which is GLORIOUS BYZANTIUM personified. Among other things you can have:

A special version of the Augustus trait known as Autocrator
The ability to reform the Orthodox faith into the Imperial Faith
A special CB called Imperial Dignity, which allows you to use a CB like Imperial Reconquest on Justinian's conquests.

Dude who contacted me has been pretty chill, but he suggested that I add a decision to send a ruler into hiding like

Emperor Stephan?

Of Serbia?

The Byzaboo mod is pretty insane.
You can even assign your successor by giving out the co-emperor title, get an extra 30% troops and taxes for having imperial system and 50k extra retinue limit along with the theme system which gives even bigger bonuses to taxes and levies.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I suddenly want to make an overhaul mod that gives amazing bonuses to Dal Rialta and gimps Eastern Rome.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

super fart shooter posted:

THat's dumb as hell but it's kinda what I expected What's the point of offensive pagans if you can't even rule the stuff that you're conquering without having to trudge through a bunch of arbitrary crown law & religious requirements? Tribal government stuff is such a pain in the rear end

A bunch of tribals start feudal in Serbia and that area in the Carolus Magnus start, I've always wondered what's up with that.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Darth Windu posted:

A bunch of tribals start feudal in Serbia and that area in the Carolus Magnus start, I've always wondered what's up with that.

Generally, that area of the Balkans still had significant infrastructure left over from Late Antiquity that was largely utilised by the Slavic migrants, far more so than the areas of Europe far past the Empire's borders, so it's reflected by having 'standard' holdings. Same reasoning for the North African coast having holdings, but the areas of central and southern Morocco and Algeria are fully tribal.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I got the vanilla files, yes. The previous edits are gone.

Does anyone have an idea on how the dynasty coat of arms works? Even though the characters are Christian they keep getting Pagan CoAs. It's annoying when I'm trying to see if the coat of arms I made works, since Pagan/Muslim/Non-Christian CoAs are completely different.

You mean custom CoA that are specifically assigned to a dynasty? Like this?

code:
10003 = {
name = "von Walfen"
	culture = reiklander

coat_of_arms = {
		template = 0
		layer = {
			texture = 8
			texture_internal = 21
			emblem = 0
			color = 0
			color = 0
			color = 0
		}
	}
}
Or do you mean all characters are using random CoA from the wrong religion?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

So when you press a claim, does the claimant have to be your direct vassal for their new land to become part of your realm? Or is their something involving rank that applies? I pressed a claim for a prince of Germany on West Francia and all it did was make West Francia independent of the French Empire. Which is good I guess since I can absorb that territory much faster now but man I was hoping to just get West Francia.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

kingturnip posted:

If a random dynasty member has 4k gold and no children, will I get the money if he suffers an unfortunate accident?

I believe it will go to whoever is shown as your dynasty member's heir. If it's you, then yes.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Just don't, you know, get caught murdering your kin.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

So when you press a claim, does the claimant have to be your direct vassal for their new land to become part of your realm? Or is their something involving rank that applies? I pressed a claim for a prince of Germany on West Francia and all it did was make West Francia independent of the French Empire. Which is good I guess since I can absorb that territory much faster now but man I was hoping to just get West Francia.

As long as the claimant has a landed title within your realm (doesn't matter if they're your direct vassal or not), the claimed territory will become part of your realm if you win.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Shadeoses posted:

You mean custom CoA that are specifically assigned to a dynasty? Like this?

code:
10003 = {
name = "von Walfen"
	culture = reiklander

coat_of_arms = {
		template = 0
		layer = {
			texture = 8
			texture_internal = 21
			emblem = 0
			color = 0
			color = 0
			color = 0
		}
	}
}
Or do you mean all characters are using random CoA from the wrong religion?

Both I guess. The Visigoths seem to have Pagan CoAs despite all being Christians. Even the ones I customize in the dynasty file.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Darth Windu posted:

Serbia is inherently superior to the other of Slavic nations and the chosen people of God even in the days when they worshipped off-brand Thor*. However the borders of Serbia shown in the game are very unrealistic as it doesn't cover the entire Balkan Peninsula. Most likely this is Turk propaganda.

Or maybe it's like that other dude said and the southern part of Europe simply had a lot more infrastructure than the north and was generally richer, more populous and less rural.

*or is Thor off-brand Perun? Maybe both of them are off-brand versions of some much older Indo-European deity.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 5, 2015

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Speaking of Perun, the AI reformed the Slavic faith in my Eireman game. Then proved itself to still be as stupid as the normal AI by declaring Great Holy War for East Francia. Which is, y'know, part of Francia. I didn't even bother to watch.

I have a few things I could use some advice on, though:
-Gaming Tanistry. The mega-duke of Gwynedd, Lancaster, York, Alban, &c. is of my dynasty (As are half the other rulers of England, parts of France, and Lombardy), so eventually he might wind up Tanist (Thus folding his huge tracts of land into my demesne), but no one seems to want him besides myself and perhaps himself. I've noticed that the AI rulers clear their nominations when I load a game, so I'm thinking I could get Depressed, save/quit, reload, nominate him, then commit suicide. Are there any other good pro MLG tanistry strats?
-De jure drift. I got the duchy of Hwicce early on, and it's fairly close to drifting into Eire. I'm worried if it does, that'll tip Mr. Megaduke over the edge into enough territory to form England, giving me a much harder row to hoe. But I kind of want my empire to get larger, not smaller, so giving them independence isn't attractive. Should I just suck it up and let them have independence for a few generations until I'm ready to call them English?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

The only way it becomes your land is if the person you're pressing the claim for is either a member of your dynasty, or they are already a landed vassal, or you are the de jure lord of the lands you're pressing the claim for.

• Locked thread