Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I should sign up, then do nothing.

HogX posted:

Toot Doom is the only viable doom.

This.

Kelp Plankton posted:

The Sea Horn is an Atlantean artifact from the Spidey Super Stories universe, established by Amazing Spider-Man: Spider-Verse as Earth-57780, where it is owned by Namor but stolen by Doctor Doom before being retrieved by Spider-Man in Spidey Super Stories issue #53 and is therefore super ultra mega canonical and should at least be a unique or something because its pretty great

Canon.

DoublePLayer posted:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stay away from the endgame, if only because it seems like a never ending grind.

That's the end game in every game.

Tsurupettan posted:

please keep posting silly dr. doom panels in the thread.

Please. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ransome
Dec 27, 2012

Cosmic, Baby!

Zombie Samurai posted:

I discovered today that I have a grade 69 Legacy of Kraven that I have no idea how I got. Do these things drop? I checked my recent achievements and it wasn't from there.

EDIT: I'm seeing other people in the SG getting 69 Kravens too. I think mine was from a MM box, but it was only a level 42 box if so.

There are achievements associated with wearing a Legacy of Kraven and killing Kraven like 25 times, I think it rewards a 69 version of the item. Same with Trask Commander Helm and a couple others I believe. I noticed earlier that I had two 69 Trask Commander Helms in my stash, but have not done the achievement at all. Pretty sure I got them in Cosmic Midtown last night and today.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Shine posted:

What are the basic ways people increase survivability? I figure you have to sacrifice offense somewhere, so is there a good rule of thumb for where you should look to add survivability gear/enchantments/etc. and what you should add? Specifically for characters with low Omegas; I'm up to like 400.

The best way to increase survivability is with a costume core with 2 second invulnerability. That is 20% uptime on being invincible. If you can find a core with invuln plus 400 life on hit or 25% health/100 spirit then those are even better. Some uniques add both survivability and damage like fragment of twilight slot 1. Some top end artifacts like hulkbuster psychics package, lizard formula, etc are also good for survivability w/o sacrificing damage depending on what your character needs. Some characters are just going to be fragile no matter what because of their skills/passives though.

godface zillah fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 5, 2015

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Also just not standing in bad things helps.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Prel posted:

<3.

Shaming a friend is an incredibly strong motivator.

I hate you so much

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DoublePLayer posted:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna stay away from the endgame, if only because it seems like a never ending grind.

Just remember that it's a marathon, not a sprint. X up for things when they get announced in SG chat (you should be in the SG if you're not) and that will get you at least level 60 versions of all your hero's uniques. After that you just learn to play the game a little better and good artifacts or enough odin marks for legendaries/blessings will come as they come.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

malhavok posted:

Meh, i just switch to a better character. Gearing for survivability just means you aren't doing enough damage compared to the hps the boss gains by you being there. There is very little you can do to gain enough survivability without completely tanking your dps.

my fav memory was either pokchu or mokhu inviting a thing with 20000000000hp and no damage to a red raid way back in january because they were desperate for a body to fill the raid and i think it did negative dps and healed the bosses.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Holy gently caress!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Metrohunter posted:

nerf scarlet witch

Get out

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

See even Rocket is a fan of the new SW

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Dosvidanya posted:

my fav memory was either pokchu or mokhu inviting a thing with 20000000000hp and no damage to a red raid way back in january because they were desperate for a body to fill the raid and i think it did negative dps and healed the bosses.

i dont recall this but i feel like i would and have been proud

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
it was after the pubs on sisters kept dying so someone invited him because they figured he wouldn't die but i think he managed to do so

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

On this note, I would like to mention that "The Sea Horn" is properly named the Horn of Proteus and exists in the mainstream 616 canon.

Additionally, Spider Super Stories was homaged in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Comic Magazine #7 -

http://www.doom2099.com/doomgate/return/ff_worldsgreatest.htm posted:

Summary:
Crystal arrives in the Baxter Building and discovers Doom lurking in Reed's lab. No sooner does she confront him, he disappears. In space, the Fantastic Four and their ally the Black Panther, survive in airless space because Sue maintains an invisible field around them. Opening a small gap in her field, Reed uses a flare gun to send a signal hoping that SHIELD or the Silver Surfer will see it and rescue them. Doom returns to his castle and has one of his soldiers sound the Atlantean trumpet summoning all of the beasts of the sea. Back in space, the FF are rescued by the Inhumans and reunited with Crystal. Regrouping with Nick Fury on the SHIELD Helicarrier, Reed, Sue, Ben, and Black Panther return to the Baxter Building while Johnny and Crystal join the Inhumans back at Attilan. The Silver Surfer joins the Avengers in combating the sea-monsters Doom has summoned. When Reed and co. arrive at the Baxter Building, they are shocked to find the Watcher waiting for them.
- a 12 issue retro series that is infuriatingly hard to locate online but is reportedly canonised as having taken place between issues #100 and #101 of the original Fantastic Four comic.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

How the hell do melee characters even survive cosmic midtown?

Lots and lots of regen, or invuln. Basically, be Venom, Cap or Juggernaut.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Paging Doom and Surfer VAs, you have a few more lines to record

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Howard Beale posted:

Paging Doom and Surfer VAs, you have a few more lines to record

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ok there needs to be an enhanced Doom costume where he :toot: and says these lines.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
ummm ...whales dont have arms

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Then how do they buy BOCK BOCK BOCK BOCK!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zeike posted:

tell that to Colossus

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

tell that to Colossus

it clearly says legs, kelp

are you blind

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Musluk posted:

it clearly says legs, kelp

are you blind

he gave them lobster arms too, stupid. big ol claws

are you just reading words? comics are a visual medium and communicate via images

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Zeike posted:

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Just Started this game three days ago, and it is the greatest.

Question, does changing the story mode level do anything? and Is it worth it to finish it on normal even though I am like level 50 and only 1/2 way finished with it?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

You can earn the rewards like power points and spirit/hp increases on each difficulty level, but other than that not really. You can always go back and clean it up if you want, but other than the rewards (which you can grab by checking this thread) it's just story which is pretty sparse even for comics. You level faster and get more gear in pretty much every other mode of play.

I've only done it fully three times - two of which were on my cosmic prestige characters simply so they had everything ticked off on their quest log.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

he gave them lobster arms too, stupid. big ol claws

are you just reading words? comics are a visual medium and communicate via images

arms evolved as legs first

makes u think

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
To keep going with questions....

Can you re roll unique items? Like to bring them up to max level?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ScottyJSno posted:

yes but for most unique items do not do this

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
There are upgrade recipes to bring low-level uniques up to 40, 50, and I presume 60(Though I personally haven't gotten that one). These ones don't reroll the stats, it brings them up to the proper level. If yours was max roll, it'll still be max roll afterwards. I think there's a reroll stats recipe, but I'm not as sure on that one.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ScottyJSno posted:

you will be finding level 60 versions of uniques way more frequently than lower level ones if you decide to play the endgame, you spend much more time at max level. save those lower level uniques for if you decide to prestige.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

What gear are you using for the punch spec? I've really liked Vision but having no GOKs or other obvious top tier artifacts means I'm running with basically just what I could scrape together for him.

His own slots 1-4 and Mask of Algrim / GoK, HoD, TM's guide, Amsa / lvl 80 M'kraan / Power Doop / ICP melee ring / Doom medallion.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

To expand on that, it's a recipe on the crafter, not sure what level, but it requires a fairly rare drop for 60 and the vast majority of Any Hero uniques are way behind the power curve and not as good as a cosmic item, while uniques for your specific hero will drop far more often than the recipe reagent.

There's one to upgrade to 40 as well, and while it only costs credits you don't spend much time at that level to make it worth doing.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

A quick sentinel ttl test on Vision gets me to 80 stacks without lemurias or any other defensive gearing or specing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lozareth posted:

A quick sentinel ttl test on Vision gets me to 80 stacks without lemurias or any other defensive gearing or specing.

I hope to see this in action this week.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

BOCK BOCK
BOCK BOCK

trem
Sep 17, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5KC9Yznjo

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Ghostlight posted:

There's one to upgrade to 40 as well, and while it only costs credits you don't spend much time at that level to make it worth doing.

I find it is if you get a unique between 12 and 30. A level 40 will be good all the way to 60.

Then again I have 13 million credits between boxes and wallet, so 47.5k really isn't much to me.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Looks good. People already getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

Looks good. People already getting it.

White suit, yellow name? Doesn't match.

• Locked thread