Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
whooo! So are the Engineers just frontloaded or do they actually give more of them to you than any other class total?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Oh by the way, this actually continues after Juliana and Cosette run away.

Huh? What's what?
Up there, Avan, look. It's some kind of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PP37UbXfKM

The rebels have a blimp?!

Welp, we're hosed

They dead

We dead

Attention all students! Assume combat positions! Intercept the enemy!
Finally decided to bring the fight to us.
Avan! Oh, thank goodness you're safe.
They've taken a number of buildings already. We have to rally soon, or else.
Right. Any word on where the rest of us are?

*The rest of the class arrives*

Avan!
Guys! I'm glad you're all okay.
Avan, dear. Just what is it with those creepy rebel units?
From what we saw the last time we faced them, I don't think they're human.

What. We had like over a dozen missions involving V2. Mandatory missions, too. We literally could not avoid fighting them multiple times, how are you still confused about them?

I've got no answers...But we need to get them out of here if we want Lanseal to stay standing.
We can't let them march in and do this to us. Come on, Squad G, let's go!

It's a defense mission, except we're fighting a million V2's and Dirk. This is also a new map layout, designed in a way to minimize the impact of APC carrying. So, a Light B tank will be the vehicle of choice here.

Avan starts out the map stranded and in range of Dirk and a V2. First move is to have him Retreat.

Map 2's base defense involves fighting against two spawning camps from the north and south with plenty of V2s in between. The saving grace is that Map 3, where Dirk is, are the only ones with a Supply Vehicle. Map 1 and 2 are depowered V2's, which are easy to kill if you do the aim-stop trick.

However, keep in mind the V2's can easily kill even Zeri via interception fire so the aim-stop trick is more mandatory than just few HP saved.

Map 1 starts out with a V2 front and center, supported by two Snipers atop a wall. The plan here is to have an Armor Tech crouch down while Lavinia slowly whittles down V2's and be a distraction.

Turn 2 rolls around with the defensive plan in place, and the V2s start storming in to try and capture our key camps.

Chloe runs to the south base after Zeri and Pete clear the way, thankfully RNG was kind and didn't activate her lovely Potential.

That opens up to Alexis popping out in Map 1's upper left camp and wiping out the Commando there.

Lavinia takes out 3 V2's in 2 turns, thanks to an upgraded artillery canon one-shotting V2's and Bloodthirsty.

Avan sneaks by and captures the upper right base, opening up the right side of Map 3.

Lavinia transfers over to the new area and blasts the APC and V2, then Pete kills the Commando and held tight.

However, Light B tanks still get one-turned by Dirk which is ridiculous. Also killed Pete, but luckily the base was still under our control.

But now it's time for revenge, as Alexis takes the call and starts the sword barrage on the son of Gasyharl.

And the rest is easy clean-up.

Rrgh, I took a hit to the leg...
Heh heh, this could be tough, even for us.
Sit tight just a second. I'll get everybody patched up! Avan, I'm running out of ragnaid fast!
Bad news. Another squad incoming. A hit from that blue beam right now, and we're all going to be--

Move! Get the wounded to cover! Now!
Hey, over there. Is that... Juliana?
What?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJM4q3aBKfw

Huh?!

Man, she's a really bad Valkyrian.

WHAT

No...No.

Leon?! Wh-Why are you fighting for the rebels?!
Leon...? But I thought your brother was...
Lord Dirk! We were unable to locate the Valkyria. We did find a research facility of some sort. We've taken the data, sir.
...Understood. ...Retreat.

*The rebels start retreating*

They're moving that blimp! The rebels are leaving!
Leon... You're alive. But why are vou...?

Juliana...What happened to you?
Hardins... This is their ...secret mission. Manmade Valkyrur... Project Valhalla...I wanted strength enough to... fight together with you all. To protect...But... This power... Such... destructive potential... Perhaps it's... fate that it should be destroyed... by the same... Krgh!
Juliana...

Juliana, you shouldn't--
I finally... have the... courage to say your name. Such a strong name...I've wanted to... for so long...I was... afraid... of you... of what you... meant to me...Heh... I'm a fool. An elite such as myself... to fear something so...
Save your strength. I'm here with you now.
Zeri... I wanted to see... the Gallia we sought to build... With you. I...Here... Please...

Let it... protect you... for me...Take it with you... To your new... Gallia...

Hey. Juliana?!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fuckin' called it.

weso12
Nov 19, 2014

Lurker, Sims 3 LPer, Bored College Student

paragon1 posted:

whooo! So are the Engineers just frontloaded or do they actually give more of them to you than any other class total?

Front loaded
Not including bonus characters you get Avan (who can be any class),1 tank, 7 scouts, 7 shocktroopers, 6 Lancers, 7 engineers, and 6 armor techs

Including bonus characters engineers are probably the least common class

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hope Dirk/Leon puts his scowling helmet back on. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also, I just realized. Motherfuckers got our combat data! Anime Scientists warn this is the most important thing anyone can get!

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
At the risk of not sounding cool I'll go ahead and say that I enjoy this stretch of the game. I just like how thoroughly the protagonists get their poo poo kicked in, it's one of the few points in the game where the war actually feels like...a war. Also gonna admit that the first time I played this I really did not see Juliana dying coming. Like, at all.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Wow. This is catastrophically bad pacing. How many things do they dump on your here?

• Juliana and Zeri are developing a forbidden love!
  • Gallia has functional artificial Valkyria!
  • Juliana is a Valkyria!
  • Leon is alive!
  • Leon was a candidate for becoming an artificial Valkyri(o?)
  • Leon is Dirk!
  • Juliana dies!

poo poo, anything else?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

She sure changed into that getup quickly.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SSNeoman posted:

She's a magical girl. She probably just said some dumb catchphrase and it appeared.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Dang I was really hoping Juliana and Zeri would get together at the end.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Night10194 posted:

She's a magical girl. She probably just said some dumb catchphrase and it appeared.

Well that would explain how she died so easily. She didn't have the power of friendship to rely on because she's a tremendous bitch most of the time.

I'll admit I didn't expect anyone to outright die so suddenly given how this game refuses to let you get anyone killed in actual missions.

David Corbett posted:

Wow. This is catastrophically bad pacing. How many things do they dump on your here?

• Juliana and Zeri are developing a forbidden love!
  • Gallia has functional artificial Valkyria!
  • Juliana is a Valkyria!
  • Leon is alive!
  • Leon was a candidate for becoming an artificial Valkyri(o?)
  • Leon is Dirk!
  • Juliana dies!

poo poo, anything else?

The orange popsicles are juicy AND chunky :aaa:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

SSNeoman posted:

It's just extra equipment over her standard gear. She had the chance to put it on when we were fighting in the mission.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself
It's kind of funny, I got spoiled on Juliana being killed off while doing the aforementioned reading up on the game, but they made it sound like it was some big dramatic deal. Not, uh... that. Geez. David nailed it; way too much got thrown down in that scene, and it kinda ruins the impact anything could have had.

David Corbett posted:

poo poo, anything else?

Were there zeppelins in VC1? Can't remember. I know some earlier stuff hinted at the rebels having an air force, but using it in the attack was, again, something that should've stood alone.

After finding out that VC ended up as WW1 with WW2 aesthetics, I was kind of hoping they would've started at World War 1 "air force" technology and moved on from there. Like the world's first strategic bombing, where Oswald Boelcke dropped pipe bombs and surrender demands and gradually escalating to dirigibles dropping high explosives on cities (then eventually dedicated bombers and so on).

Internet Kraken posted:

I'll admit I didn't expect anyone to outright die so suddenly given how this game refuses to let you get anyone killed in actual missions.

That's probably exactly why she's not playable, heh. Even before I got spoiled on it she was #1 on my deathwatch list just for that (and they were going to kill off somebody, the Isara scene was the most poignant moment in VC1; they weren't going to pass it up in the sequel).

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

David Corbett posted:

Indeed. Consider for example the Sami peoples of northern Fennoscandia, who are as well known for their tendency to live in caves as they are for their perfect ebon complexions, evolved over the years to protect them from the beating rays of the pitiless midnight sun. Their tendency to hunt the diminutive caribou and elk, exemplars of ease in hunt and preservation, have instilled a fierce and rugged individualism in social affairs but have necessitated the creation of special patrols around the Murmansk naval facilities to ensure that roving bands of Lapps don't wander off with the officers' pet dogs - ah, gently caress, I can't keep this up it's just too stupid.
Good show. The fact you can't really find a libertarian aboriginal society anywhere is particularly galling to me, phenotype stereotypes aside.

Oh and I'm a bit annoyed at the brother being alive and Juliana dying. Deathside redemption is a cheap, lovely thing to do when you can't actually write the arc properly, but seeing as it had served its purpose I guess it's ok. Brother being artificial valkyria is just animé. Will possibly be saved through the power of love and friendship, possibly not because the series is prone to drama.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Here's another lovely pacing thing the game does now I realize, because as I said I never actually beat the game:

What the gently caress was the point of showing Aliasse in Valkyrian form like 2 months into the game? Because every single time a V2, Dirk, or now Juliana fight, I think to myself "Wow these guys are poo poo tier, why even bother."

I never truly thought even Dirk was ultimately scary because he gets beaten by Aliasse in her debut, and made Juliana's 2 seconds as a Valkyrian absolutely terrible because she was already dying from just putting on the suit and already died after a single attack.

Aliasse should've shown her valkyrian powers like months after the V2's were introduced, not almost immediately and therefore making them just overgrown rocks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

Here's another lovely pacing thing the game does now I realize, because as I said I never actually beat the game:

What the gently caress was the point of showing Aliasse in Valkyrian form like 2 months into the game? Because every single time a V2, Dirk, or now Juliana fight, I think to myself "Wow these guys are poo poo tier, why even bother."

I never truly thought even Dirk was ultimately scary because he gets beaten by Aliasse in her debut, and made Juliana's 2 seconds as a Valkyrian absolutely terrible because she was already dying from just putting on the suit and already died after a single attack.

Aliasse should've shown her valkyrian powers like months after the V2's were introduced, not almost immediately and therefore making them just overgrown rocks.

Hell, you could foreshadow Juliana's thing by having her being absurdly strong in the earlier months rather than just "Welp, now she's an artificial Valkyria". Turns out she's been in the Project all along, and now she's at it's peak/burning out.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Tae posted:

I never truly thought even Dirk was ultimately scary because he gets beaten by Aliasse in her debut

Er, the V2s were easily beaten then, but I remember Dirk stopping Aliasse's attack, and her being surprised about it.

I think the reason Aliasse was shown off when you first fought V2s was that you were supposed to realize that

1) That blue fire that the V2s were shooting at you was related to Valkyrian fire, and
2) That even though they were scary when you fought them, actual Valkyria are even more scary.

Seeing that, you could realize that although you would be fighting more of the V2s in the future, it wouldn't be like fighting a bunch of Selvarias all the time, so you could survive them.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
Oh hey, you finally got to the part where they "reveal" the truth about the artificial valkyries.
So, not only is the military wasting what is apparently a tremendous amount of resources on super soldiers (instead of something that can't be killed either by shooting it with a rifle or just shelling it into submission like better tanks), they also are using up their best and brightest officers to do it.
Given the effect of leadership, especially special anime leadership, I believe this is a lovely tradeoff.
The game could have been much better by leaving it out but it's a common anime trope, so of course they have to include it.

Though I do wonder how the rebels got their hands on your brother, did they just walk off with him along with the "combat data"?
I don't remember it ever being clarified or at least being satisfied with the explanation.

Another waste is the whole Juliana death scene.
While the whole romance is again nothing new, their treatment of it would have been much more interesting if they actually had to deal with the fact that she's still an anime racist.
But I guess that would be too much to ask for in this game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Wayne posted:

That's probably exactly why she's not playable, heh. Even before I got spoiled on it she was #1 on my deathwatch list just for that (and they were going to kill off somebody, the Isara scene was the most poignant moment in VC1; they weren't going to pass it up in the sequel).

I actually thought she was going to be someone you recruited really late into the game after the nameless mooks in Squad A got wiped out due to plot. I made that assumption based entirely on their being an image somewhere in the thread that had all the idiots of Squad Goon gathered together, but Julianna was in it as well.

Wayne posted:

Were there zeppelins in VC1? Can't remember. I know some earlier stuff hinted at the rebels having an air force, but using it in the attack was, again, something that should've stood alone.

After finding out that VC ended up as WW1 with WW2 aesthetics, I was kind of hoping they would've started at World War 1 "air force" technology and moved on from there. Like the world's first strategic bombing, where Oswald Boelcke dropped pipe bombs and surrender demands and gradually escalating to dirigibles dropping high explosives on cities (then eventually dedicated bombers and so on).

Interesting, I didn't know zeppelins were ever used in actual war. I thought they were always too impractical for any kind of combat use.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

scissorman posted:

While the whole romance is again nothing new, their treatment of it would have been much more interesting if they actually had to deal with the fact that she's still an anime racist.

I gotta agree that the romance thing could've actually been interesting and something spaced out throughout the game, watching Juliana have to struggle with both her own racism and ego against her growing affection for Zeri. But most definitely not in the hands of the VC2 writers.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

BlazeEmblem posted:

I think the reason Aliasse was shown off when you first fought V2s was that you were supposed to realize that

1) That blue fire that the V2s were shooting at you was related to Valkyrian fire, and
2) That even though they were scary when you fought them, actual Valkyria are even more scary.

Seeing that, you could realize that although you would be fighting more of the V2s in the future, it wouldn't be like fighting a bunch of Selvarias all the time, so you could survive them.

That's what I got out of the scene, and Juliana being one here compounds the Aliasse & Avan scene earlier (where he finds the SECRET PROJECT brief taking Aliasse back to Castle Lansealstein) in that 'the army is still working on getting Magical Anime Girl power' working since they're still dumb and haven't learned the lessons of the first game.

Juliana and Leon's reveal is fine in this regard since it helps answer some questions ('where did the rebels get V2's' and 'why doesn't Lanseal have them') along with moving further along the Leon Hardins bit.
The romance angle was kind of wasted as Neddy Seagoon pointed out. Alas, VC2 threw pacing out the window with it's schizophrenic take on separating Highschool Hijinks and Gritty Civil War.

This scene probably would have done better if it was a clear delimiter between the two, with all of the school stuff (and some rebel stuff IE the introduction of the V2's and Aliasse) and where Lanseal really kicks off getting the Civil War over with.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I totally forgot that Juliana died, until this update. I guess that's how much of an impact her death made on me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EponymousMrYar posted:

This scene probably would have done better if it was a clear delimiter between the two, with all of the school stuff (and some rebel stuff IE the introduction of the V2's and Aliasse) and where Lanseal really kicks off getting the Civil War over with.

I think the event could've worked well earlier in the game just to throw things into THIS IS WAR time. The Laventein cup's over (done and dusted much, much earlier), it looks like something might happen between Zeri and Juliana over a (much longer) stretch of the game to come and then the table gets flipped on the whole shebang with the invasion. Now you've got a sense that war's right on the doorstep and things are not safe.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh boy, cutscene deaths! Those are always absolutely terrible.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The game had scenes of Juliana and Zeri sorta flirt with each other. The problem is that these scenes were skits, which are completely random and only appear after playing missions or turning the game on after a certain time. The skits are also RNG.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I agree that this game could have had an okay story to start.

Have the rebellion either small or nonexistant at the start, do school poo poo and a tournament arc to prove how badass your class is, then maybe the rebellion starts up, you get a few missions that deal with some small time rebellion stuff, maybe leading up to one of the two (or is it three now?) massacres in a town. Handle that and everyone's celebrating the win, then you get all this.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Tae posted:

The game had scenes of Juliana and Zeri sorta flirt with each other. The problem is that these scenes were skits, which are completely random and only appear after playing missions or turning the game on after a certain time. The skits are also RNG.

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

Are the skits time sensitive?
It would be absolutely amazing if you could get them after Juliana died.
Either way though, they messed up by placing actually important development in the random events, especially since most of them are superfluous fluff.
Of course the swimsuit scene is mandatory instead.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

scissorman posted:

Are the skits time sensitive?
It would be absolutely amazing if you could get them after Juliana died.
Either way though, they messed up by placing actually important development in the random events, especially since most of them are superfluous fluff.
Of course the swimsuit scene is mandatory instead.
Yes, they are based on the month.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I know its already been hammered half to death about the piss poor pacing, but I have to add my two cents.

I cant tell where we are in the context of the story, we could be half way through or the next update could be the finale and I wouldn't be surprised.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Ikasuhito posted:

I know its already been hammered half to death about the piss poor pacing, but I have to add my two cents.

I cant tell where we are in the context of the story, we could be half way through or the next update could be the finale and I wouldn't be surprised.

We've been introduced to, but haven't take out any of the enemy generals, so we're somewhere in the middle of the story, but if the Dirk reveal and Juliana's death signal the begining of the middle or the start of the end, I've got no idea. In a better game there'd be a huge tone shift here, but character quests mean that wacky school hijinx will continue until the end of the game.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
A storm of cliché. Most of them really were bound to happen, especially the sub-plot about Leon.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

scissorman posted:

Oh hey, you finally got to the part where they "reveal" the truth about the artificial valkyries.
So, not only is the military wasting what is apparently a tremendous amount of resources on super soldiers (instead of something that can't be killed either by shooting it with a rifle or just shelling it into submission like better tanks), they also are using up their best and brightest officers to do it.
Given the effect of leadership, especially special anime leadership, I believe this is a lovely tradeoff.
The game could have been much better by leaving it out but it's a common anime trope, so of course they have to include it.

Though I do wonder how the rebels got their hands on your brother, did they just walk off with him along with the "combat data"?
I don't remember it ever being clarified or at least being satisfied with the explanation.

V2s make the most outta the Ragnite Gallia has. You can use them in surgical strikes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Jesus gently caress, gently caress this game's pacing. You thought the latest update was bad, this next one is gonna make that slow in comparison.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, at least that confirms how Leon got under the rebel's control. Also hilarious that a man developed two different ways of giving humans giant laser powers and got robbed twice in a year.

I--If he puts that data to use, I... Gallia will be... Hah! Ha ha! I've handed it to those traitorous wolves on a platter. Aha ha ha!

*door slams open*

Heh heh... Ha ha ha ha... What would a rank-and-file man like you know?
If Gallia is to remain an independent nation, it...It needs power enough to deflect the Empire and the Federation alike!

We're here to foster a sense of duty in the youth so they may take up arms. Not to transform them into human weapons! War will never disappear. Yes, in order to protect our land, they must fight. But that's just why those who take up arms must not lose their humanity! Fighting without that mindfulness isn't war. It's slaughter!

They would have served Gallia as model officers. You took the only power able to defend Gallia, its people, and crushed it!

Avan?! When did you--
Headmaster, you took my brother, took Juliana and made them into monsters!
And I would do it again! We just saw those mindless Valkyrur destroy Lanseal! Can your romantic ideals hope to defeat them? Preposterous! By all means try, Hubert. You'll concede your error with your dying breath.
Sir...
I'm a soldier. I know when a battle is lost. Now, get out!

*Avan and Hubert kicked out of the room*

*A gunshot heard*

...Headmaster?!
Sir, what have you done?

He took the coward's way out, that bitch. Should've gotten a swift kick in the nuts by Zeri 2 million times.

*A moment passes*

Professor. I'm going to bring my brother back. Period. I don't know why he's with them now. But this war and that power are wrong. That much I know. I can make him see that. Maybe I'm the only one who can.
I hope you're right, Avan.
I'll prove Gallia can be kept safe without selling my soul. I swear it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTWZGqx4HN4

Jesus christ, Lanseal was literally the only reason why the rebels were still holed up in Central Gallia. They took over in like less than a month otherwise.

At last, Gallia belongs to House Gassenarl. Well Played, Father.
But the revolution is far from over. Any celebration before the last Darcsen is purged is premature.

holy gently caress, keep your racist genocidal boner down for a bit.

Congratulations, sir! You look the very image of a king upon that throne.
Ambassador Townshend! I've been awaiting you. How so the negotiations?
Quite smoothly! You'll sit upon on the Federation Council before long, sir. Though I must insist the Darcsen purges end. No public support, sir.
Federation Council? End the purges? Father, what's all this about?

SERIOUSY, keep your purge boner down!

Keeping Gallia alive. Clinging to independence will drive it to collapse.
Now's the time to join the Federation and build our arsenal under their aegis.
Was all your talk of revolution a lie, then?! Father, please! I beg you to reconsider!
I won't. Old thinking like yours is likely to leave Gallia in ashes.

You propose to dissolve it entirely. To feed it to the Federation whole!
And you would call that keeping Gallia alive?! Ridiculous!
You fool! Have you been ambling about blind these last years? Does the sight of a nation ground down by the giants at its borders escape you? Gallia does not need a champion to fight for it. What it needs now is political power!
I see. If that is your belief...

*Gunshot*

Wh-Whelp, have you... lost your mind... Hrngh!
My eyes are wide open, Father. I've seen Gallia sullied by Darcsen filth and slavering foreign curs. And I will see Gallia restored to purity and strength! The means are ours. We hold the flames of the Valkyrur!

This guy makes Hitler a nice guy, cause I don't think he personally bathed in jew blood and threw away political power just to kill a few more jews.

But I see no use for those who would cast their pride as Gallians to the gutter!

*Shoots his father until he dies*

To weaken it to the point where Federal annexation would seem a mercy.
Well, I am not my father. And the Federation will not have Gallia. Your life is mine. I trust you'll make it worth keeping by cooperating.

Surely you understand, Audrey. We are the only ones who can build a Gallia forged in the Valkyrian flame.
Hm...
The Valkyrur have seen fit to bestow that flame upon me. Join me, my sister!
...Very well. As ever, I will fight for sacred Gallia. It cost me a father, but I will continue this righteous war.
You are a credit to the Gassenarl name.

Full control of the Revolutionary Army falls now to me in his stead! True-blooded Gallians! Gather now under the Gassenarl standard! The flames of revolution shall burn away the impure and leave Gallia reborn!

SIEG GALLIA! SEIG GALLIA! SEIG GALLIA!

Tae fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 6, 2015

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So, if Valkur are Newtypes, does that make lances funnels? ... And I guess the V2s are cybernewtypes.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
This update had some amazing faces in it holy poo poo.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Goodbye Gilbert, you won't be missed.

And I think I might be seeing things, but does he look a little like Robotnik?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
For the record, the Headmaster's voicing in that scene is spectacular. The rest of the characters do fine, and Liam O'Brien hamming it up is always great, but the Headmaster knocks it out of the park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Ah, so we are going with the "Villains kill each other off." model instead.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Goodbye Gilbert, you won't be missed.

And I think I might be seeing things, but does he look a little like Robotnik?

It's the mustache.

• Locked thread