Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Edit: gently caress it, I'm replying to a sociopath/troll account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Caros posted:

Edit: gently caress it, I'm replying to a sociopath/troll account.

Both are good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I think that will be one of the main attacks against Hillary that she'd be Bill 2.0.

Considering Bill is one of the most liked presidents of all time and his presidency is associated with a near golden age of American prosperity, I think that would be a really lovely attack

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Cubey posted:

I'm tens of thousands of dollars in student loan debt, broke, lost my job 5 months ago and have not heard back from the dozens of jobs I have applied at because everyone in this town is unemployed and fighting for every open position everywhere. It's hard to just sit back and enjoy the circus when the circus is having a negative impact on the lives of me, the people I know and the people in the town I live in.

Yet you spent pages arguing for accelerationism. Do the people in your town know you want them to suffer EVEN MORE? How about the hurricane victims you helped? Kinda disingenuous to fix up their neighborhood if you're only hoping it will soon be burnt to the ground.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Jesus, you're the guy that makes Bill Kristol and Dick Morris feel good about their accuracy rate.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sanders has 175,000 registered volunteers already.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/watch/sanders-boasts-175-000-pledged-volunteers-439573571604

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What will Bernie do about ISIS in America, which they claimed responsibility for Garland?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Best one yet.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

...and now 175,001

We're gonna win this thing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Republican debates are shaping up to be just as disastrous as you'd expect.

quote:

Largely out of view, executives and journalists from Fox and CNN, with input from the national party, are weighing the entrance criteria for the first two debates. Among the options being considered is using polling as a rough inclusionary test, followed by a fundraising metric—dollars raised or the number of individual donors activated. All of these things are in flux as the networks and the national party struggle with the largest plausible debate field in history.

There’s also the matter of Donald Trump. The reality television star has formed a presidential exploratory committee but has yet to officially declare himself a candidate for the White House. Should he do so, many Republican insiders say it would be hard for the party to exclude him—voters find him entertaining and he has a large megaphone with which he could embarrass the GOP. “This sounds crazy, but it’s safer to just include him,” said one 2016 presidential aide.

But even if all the declared candidates make the stage, there is still the not insignificant problem of running a debate with a football squad on stage. “Here’s my radical suggestion: four hours—and I am dead serious—four hours with five minute breaks at the top of every hour, let people go out to the bathroom, let them talk to their aides,” Hewitt said on his radio show. “They will get huge ratings. No one’s going to rush, no one’s going to feel like they’ve got to get their time in, as opposed to the classic 90 minutes.”

:getin:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Joementum posted:

Four hours? Psh! Make it open-ended. Last man standing wins the nomination.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

Joementum posted:

bust out laughing irl

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Joementum posted:

:munch:

Someone was floating the idea that the democrats want Bernie as a foil for Hilary. I'm inclined to agree and think he'll be in until Super Tuesday. What's the history on someone running unopposed in the modern presidential primary?

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

OniPanda posted:

:munch:

Someone was floating the idea that the democrats want Bernie as a foil for Hilary. I'm inclined to agree and think he'll be in until Super Tuesday. What's the history on someone running unopposed in the modern presidential primary?

al gore

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

God yes. All that would be good and yooge.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hillary is going to use a speech in Nevada today to talk about an immigration plan with a pathway to citizenship.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Hillary is going to use a speech in Nevada today to talk about an immigration plan with a pathway to citizenship.

guess she's not winning the repoublican nomination then

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Don't let it be said that no Republican candidate has a climate change plan.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Joementum posted:

May the 4th was yesterday Huckabee...

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
lol if you seriously think a president Bernie Sanders would change a thing in this godforsaken country

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Has this Clinton Cash scandal affected Hillary at all? It seems like all the stuff that gets thrown at her, people outside of the right wing don't care about. Benghazi, emails etc.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

That would flow better if it were "high" rather than "higher".

Hope to High Ground

Hire more poets, GoP, get your cadence straightened out.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

I like the stars that serve no thematic purpose but are there just to separate "hope" and "to"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Turns out it's from one of his books circa 2007

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Turns out it's from one of his books circa 2007

Stopping 12 times when you are climbing up slope seems a little counter productive but I think we already know the guy isn't a wordsmith.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Has this Clinton Cash scandal affected Hillary at all? It seems like all the stuff that gets thrown at her, people outside of the right wing don't care about. Benghazi, emails etc.

The GOP has spent so many decades screaming that everything Hillary/Bill does is a national crisis level scandal that it is now impossible to actually tie a scandal to a Clinton. Hillary could actually murder someone and all the Vince Foster stuff would make it all but impossible to stick. The GOP have created their own personal boogie man who is untouchable by any known method of smear.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Huckabee has wrote a lot of books

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Seems that a spoon would be easier to dig with than a knife or fork. Again not a good wordsmith.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Followed up by his sequel I'm Fat Again, Just Like You: A Story About Becoming A Real American

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Looks like he has a lazy eye. Otherwise I got nothing.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Joementum posted:

I'm not sure how the left considers a vibrant, competitive, and racially diverse field "disastrous".

Should we also be running two white people instead? "Big tent" democrats pls advise.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

?

pretty sick burn on Bill Bradley, I guess

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Since it's not a scandal, no, it's not effecting her at all.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It lookes like the 12 stops to fix America is referencing 2006's 12 stops to get healthy. Making it look as if your plan for America is based on / inspired by your diet doesn't seem like the brightest move.

So is this a novelization of the movie?

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I'm not sure how the left considers a vibrant, competitive, and racially diverse field "disastrous".

Should we also be running two white people instead? "Big tent" democrats pls advise.

It's disastrous because it's a huge field of clowns and they're having to think for more than 2 seconds about Donald Trump. If that isn't obvious to you I don't know what to say.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 5, 2015

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

AsInHowe posted:

Followed up by his sequel I'm Fat Again, Just Like You: A Story About Becoming A Real American

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

duz posted:

Since it's not a scandal, no, it's not effecting her at all.

I realize you guys really want to believe that only Republicans can connect the dots and see that she's a self-serving sycophant, but lots of Ds and Is realize it too.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Joementum posted:

Oh god, I've been trying to get my hopes up that this primary season would beat 2012 but Trump and 16 other candidates in a four hour long thunderdome debate, all trying to out crazy each other, could be loving magical.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Too bad Newt isn't running this time around, I hear he's a big fan of hours-long debates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the shadow toker
Apr 22, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Someone hasn't heard of the rule of threes.

Although I like the idea that he refused to choose between grits OR gravy

...now I'm just thinking of the Chappelle's show sketch

• Locked thread