Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

nachos posted:

Too bad Newt isn't running this time around, I hear he's a big fan of hours-long debates

You need to be good at long conversations to kill time during space travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

the shadow toker posted:

Someone hasn't heard of the rule of threes.

Real Americans are too fat for just three descriptive stereotypes.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the huckabeast is going to win the republican primary

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
gat dammit

Stunning Honky fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 5, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the huckabeast is going to win the republican primary

To paraphrase Barney Frank, we have not lived lives sufficiently pleasing to God for that to happen.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

From the Amazon preview of Huckabee's latest best seller, God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy. Note the emoticon.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Harrow posted:

From the Amazon preview of Huckabee's latest best seller, God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy. Note the emoticon.

His... naive prose has drained all the life from my body.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

His... naive prose has drained all the life from my body.

I went ahead and skimmed the whole preview. It wasn't worth it.

You all weren't kidding when you said he's no wordsmith. Jeez, Huckabee, hire a ghostwriter or something.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Stream of the Huckabee announcement. Current Arkansas Gov Asa Hutchinson is introducing him. He just had a weird moment bragging about how he has a Republican majority in the legislature, crowd cheered.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/huckabee-announces-2016-gop-presidential-candidacy/ar-BBjdcvz

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Harrow posted:

I went ahead and skimmed the whole preview. It wasn't worth it.

You all weren't kidding when you said he's no wordsmith. Jeez, Huckabee, hire a ghostwriter or something.

Well I mean I imagine the strongest proponents have a 4th grade reading level. Next book should probably have pop ups or get made from rubberized plastic/machine-washable cloth.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

William Bear posted:

Stream of the Huckabee announcement. Current Arkansas Gov Asa Hutchinson is introducing him. He just had a weird moment bragging about how he has a Republican majority in the legislature, crowd cheered.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/huckabee-announces-2016-gop-presidential-candidacy/ar-BBjdcvz

To be fair to hutchinson, Arkansas Republicans in general tend to be insufferably proud of the speed with which they have dismantled single-party Democratic rule in the state.

Not too long ago they couldn't find candidates to run in half of their races

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
GOP primary years really are my favorite years. It's like the world cup only extremely hilarious.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Harsh. Huckabee's wife is asking the crowd, if they invited Jefferson, Franklin, Washington, Madison, and Adams over, could they justify the current state of America to them?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

TheDisreputableDog posted:

I realize you guys really want to believe that only Republicans can connect the dots and see that she's a self-serving sycophant, but lots of Ds and Is realize it too.

That's quite a bit different from the revelation that an NGO that does global work receives donations from all over the world.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Huckabee on now. "Where I Come From" is playing! He just promised to defeat Radical Islam!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

William Bear posted:

This and Carson yesterday both has had terrible school play live stream production values. At least Cruz's mandatory attendance Jesus Camp rally had the presidential optics except for Cruz's awful face.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Harrow posted:

:nsa:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

Well I mean I imagine the strongest proponents have a 4th grade reading level. Next book should probably have pop ups or get made from rubberized plastic/machine-washable cloth.

My favorite part of the intro is when Huckabee makes sure to mention God, guns, grits, and gravy in the first two pages. Spoilers: he can't get any of them in New York :smith:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

William Bear posted:

Harsh. Huckabee's wife is asking the crowd, if they invited Jefferson, Franklin, Washington, Madison, and Adams over, could they justify the current state of America to them?

I'd be too busy explaining light bulbs, railroads, cars, planes, computers, submarines, the internet, telephones, microwaves, space travel, television, and evolution.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Please say From Hope to Higher Ground™ at least three more times Mike.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Huckabee implies he's for raising the minimum wage? Is this a Republican position now?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Harrow posted:

My favorite part of the intro is when Huckabee makes sure to mention God, guns, grits, and gravy in the first two pages. Spoilers: he can't get any of them in New York :smith:

Man, I know a lot of Catholic New Yorkers who would be annoyed by him saying he can't get God in New York.

Which I imagine might be Huckabee's point.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Oh yeah Mike. We'll fix healthcare by just curing all diseases under your leadership.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Slate Action posted:

Huckabee implies he's for raising the minimum wage? Is this a Republican position now?

He's a Compassionate Conservative. I don't know how genuine it is, but he's always stressed the importance of protecting the poor, sick, and elderly.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SouthLAnd posted:

Oh yeah Mike. We'll fix healthcare by just curing all diseases under your leadership.

Does "focus on cures instead of treatment" mean that Mike wants us to just let sick people die in pain until we figure this out? Because that kind of caught me off guard.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

SouthLAnd posted:

Don't underestimate the power of prayer. Two easy payments of $19.95.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Huckabee gives off more Mao vibes with his "THE SHITKICKERS IN THE HILLS ARE THE REAL AMERICA AND YALLS IN THE CITY ARE A BUNCHA HIGH-FALUTIN' NINNIES" schtick than any of the other candidates. It's frankly impressive.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

EMP Talk! :siren:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Huckabee is fairly charismatic but he seems out of step with the Republican party, at once too conservative and too liberal.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Does "focus on cures instead of treatment" mean that Mike wants us to just let sick people die in pain until we figure this out? Because that kind of caught me off guard.

I think it means he has no idea what words mean or how medicine works.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Supreme Court is not the Supreme Being

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
"As Americans, we ought to get on our knees every night" :quagmire:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He seems to be taking his share of shots at other Republican candidates with the "politicians who vow to take down Obamacare and then sign up for it" line or "if you hold elected office and want a new one at least have the decency to resign first". So here's hoping Mike serves a purpose by getting this thing interesting and heated.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

From DNC

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"We shouldn't have a minimum wage, we should have a MAXIMUM wage!"

"Yaaaayyy... wait, what?"

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Think we could get those tax rates back too?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I want one of these candidates to explain what they will do after they close the IRS

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

STAC Goat posted:

It's an alt med thing, since they can't actually treat jackshit but a lot of stuff goes away on its own if you do literally nothing, they just say "we focus on the cure" and the cure is "waiting the normal length of time for the disease to run its course if you don't die" but they made sure to sell you $300 of bullshit on the way.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
What's this guy's book called again?

Seriously he doesn't have to spend much of his own money and gets idiots to donate and buy his book, this guy knows he won't win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Gravel Gravy posted:

What's this guy's book called again?

Seriously he doesn't have to spend much of his own money and gets idiots to donate and buy his book, this guy knows he won't win.

• Locked thread