Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Where do you reckon Katana's from?

Seriously though, for how lovely it looks at this stage, I'm pretty jazzed that they're getting a fairly diverse cast for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Sleeveless posted:

Maybe it counts more as a promotional pic than an actual poster but I can't stop laughing at the cast reveal for Suicide Squad that they just released:

The lighting, the costumes, the makeup, the poses..it's almost Genisys levels of terrible.

pretty good cosplay

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Captain Boomerang is obviously the best name

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Skwirl posted:

I honestly don't blame anyone for not reading the comic book movie thread, but here's who everyone is.

They should give Killer Croc the cute little beanie that he wore in Oz.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Eh, it has a sense of style and flair that a lot of big budget movies don't, like a Baz Luhrmann Dredd. Honestly, this seems like it's the most fun superhero film coming in the next couple of years.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Eh, it has a sense of style and flair that a lot of big budget movies don't, like a Baz Luhrmann Dredd. Honestly, this seems like it's the most fun superhero film coming in the next couple of years.

I don't see that at all tbh

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is Man-Bat in that? Man-Bat should be in that.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Maybe by flair he means "over serious edgy grim dark"?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It doesn't look very serious to me.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I didn't realize the Suicide Squad was a hipster folk band from San Diego.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Maybe by flair he means "over serious edgy grim dark"?
You could've just left it at "rargh me no like," since that's basically all grimdark means any more.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A successor to those movies like Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve, only the star-power has gone down. Patrick Stewart is the only famous actor I recognise and he doesn't seem happy to be here.

Look at all the blank spaces, you'd need a lot of wineglasses to fill them up.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 5, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Give captain boomerang his hat back.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

I don't see that at all tbh

Harley Quinn is a Warriors character from a roller derby-themed gang. Capt. Boomerang sports muttonchops, a shirt with "captain" across the chest, and have extra boomerangs duct-taped to his leg (even the Arrow/Flash version lack these whimsical details). Killer Croc manages to look friendlier than his non-cannibal mutant colleagues. There's a swamp witch peeking out from behind the military guy. Speaking of which, look at how the no-nonsense soldier who is the most normal-looking of the bunch is being framed by 3 strange-looking women.

I could almost believe Amanda Waller ordered them to have a photo session to "improve morale".

Inspector Gesicht posted:

A successor to those movies like Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve, only the star-power has gone down. Patrick Stewart is the only famous actor I recognise and he doesn't seem happy to be here.

Who is playing Christma Steve?

For contrast, the New Year's Eve poster.

Alt version:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:03 on May 5, 2015

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jon Heder is definitely wearing that hat.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Only issue is it seems it's too concerned about being realistic: outside of Killer Croc, Deadshot, Harley, and Katana, I can't exactly recognize what the gimmick of the character is. In fact, I think the two most comic book looking is Croc, because he's a giant mutant, and Deadshot (who I know shows up in his white mask with reticle eyepiece) because, unlike Flagg and despite his armor being the Rock's hand-me downs from the second G.I. Joe movie, he's got guns and ammo everywhere. He's this close to becoming a Leifeld character, which is appropriate.

Although, I do admire the nods it has to modern style.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I don't get why people apparently want a movie about a collection of murderers, thugs, and insane people to be all bright colors and goofy costumes.

Mister Chief posted:

Jon Heder is definitely wearing that hat.
They actually asked Patrick Stewart to wear it. Hence the face.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

KinkyJohn posted:

Captain Boomerang is obviously the best name

Actually in all the promo material he's now just "Boomerang."

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Six-Pack: Scotch, Obnoxious South African Hip-Hop and DK's Movie Poster Folder Edition.

Someone needed to pay their rent a little more promptly.

The best Bobble-Head Dolls ever.

I feel the need to seek out this film immediately...

Bert I. Gordon attempts to freak me the gently caress out as I browse movie posters. And succeeds.

Subtle.

"You eyeballing me, punk?"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Attack of the Giant Bikini Lady.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

...Shawn Spencer?

Shoulda stuck to television, man.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Something about this poster makes me want to see that movie, I think it's the shininess.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MikeJF posted:

...Shawn Spencer?

Shoulda stuck to television, man.

You'd think after 8 years of headlining a fairly popular TV show he could get better work than this.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Everyone on that Christmas Eve poster looks miserable. They probably are miserable in the movie until they find the true holiday spirit, but it's odd not to have anyone smiling on the poster.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Call him Cap Boom

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
They managed to make Jai Courtney not look totally boring. That's certainly an accomplishment.

Edit: One of those characters is actually called loving "Slipknot"? How fitting.

Gargamel Gibson fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 5, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

You'd think after 8 years of headlining a fairly popular TV show he could get better work than this.

Before Psych he had a 1 minute part in Beerfest and was in Dukes of Hazzard. This is better work.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Aphrodite posted:

Before Psych he had a 1 minute part in Beerfest and was in Dukes of Hazzard. This is better work.

Ah to be fair both of those were favours to Jay Chandesakaar, who directed a ton of Psych.

I liked Psych a lot though, even though it came to outstay its welcome by the end. It's a shame the cast haven't been used for better things yet. Roday and Hill were gold together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dule Hill is going to be on some sitcom this fall.

Maggie Lawson had that failed sitcom and Timothy Omundson was just on that ABC musical Galavant, which as far as I know is still up in the air about getting another season.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Maggie Lawson had that failed sitcom and Timothy Omundson was just on that ABC musical Galavant, which as far as I know is still up in the air about getting another season.

Timothy Omundson just made that ABC musical Galavant.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't get why people apparently want a movie about a collection of murderers, thugs, and insane people to be all bright colors and goofy costumes.

How are you suppose to recreate count veritgo asking deadshot to kill him without the bright colors and goofy costumes?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
James Roday and Maggie Lawson were pretty great together in Gamer.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Super Villain High School is the working title for Suicide Squad

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Harlock posted:

Super Villain High School is the working title for Suicide Squad

GI Joe: Rise of the Suicide Squad

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Any chance they all just kill themselves?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Edit: One of those characters is actually called loving "Slipknot"? How fitting.

He's one of the more pathetic super-villains:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Alhazred posted:

He's one of the more pathetic super-villains:

If I'm not mistaken Waller told the inmates that the had bombs in them that would blow up some body part if they tried to escape. Boomerang didn't really believe her so he convinced Slipknot to try escape to see if Waller was telling the truth. Slipknot's arm blew up and Boomerang pretty much did a "guess she wasn't lying then" shrug.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Gary Cole deserves better :negative:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Patrick Stewart what the gently caress are you doing? You're better than this, Picard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Patrick Stewart what the gently caress are you doing? You're better than this, Picard!

Patrick Stewart was in Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return. Nothing is beneath him anymore.