Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
At some point when it went on sale I tried DS 1 with KB/Mouse and the camera lag made it unplayable (even trying various fixes), DS2 doesn't have that poo poo right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

BurritoJustice posted:

When I go on a family shared account (on the same computer obviously) my save isn't there. How would I fix that?

If I recall correctly, there is some stupid thing you can do, like starting a new game, then copy over the old save file as you're playing so it saves on it.

Issue is you lose whatever character slot you're playing on on the old save. So maybe start three new games, start playing on slot 3, copy over your old save while playing maybe?

Make it save after the copy and it should have your old characters back, minus whatever slot you overwrote.

---

Also, you can banish Effigy effects at one of the area's bonfires.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Vil posted:

e: I want to say that the effect also only blocks player summons and invasions, and NPCs are still fair game (though obviously you won't see their summon signs if they're tied to a particular boss being alive).

yup, NPC invaders give no fucks about effigy blocks

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

In PvE content elemental defense makes a far bigger difference than physical because it's calculated differently, so the hexer set is actually one of the best in the game.

Don't wear the dishrag though, it makes you lose irredeemably at fashion souls.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I still love wearing the elite knight set even though I've basically worn it on half my characters going back to Demon's Souls.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I just got done doing PvP for like an hour. Something like 18 of my 20 opponents were using buffed weapons with R1 spam :lol:

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I still love wearing the elite knight set even though I've basically worn it on half my characters going back to Demon's Souls.

You clearly don't know how to Fashion Souls properly.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I really like the way it looks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

same but with alva's armor

e: also most pvp people follow the strategy of Buff Weapon -> R1 -> roll when opponent gets close. sometimes ill just walk right up to someone without attacking them and theyll panic and roll 4-5 times trying to get away, its great

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 16:35 on May 5, 2015

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

a katana user is wiggling around without being locked on. i wonder what his strategy is going to be????

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005
Is there any reason to get regular DSII over Scholars of the First Sin? I've played up to NG+2 on DS. Sorry if this has been asked a lot.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lungs posted:

Is there any reason to get regular DSII over Scholars of the First Sin? I've played up to NG+2 on DS. Sorry if this has been asked a lot.

Not really. SotfS is slightly worse in a few places but much better in most, it comes with the DLC included and looks really pretty in DX11 and it's where the bulk of the online community is too (just don't get softbanned!)

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I will say that, although this might just be my computer, but SOFTS (it's really SOTFS, but softs is a better acronym) has some more lag compared to the base game. I'm getting weird latency and framerate problems that are not there on the base game.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gologle posted:

I will say that, although this might just be my computer, but SOFTS (it's really SOTFS, but softs is a better acronym) has some more lag compared to the base game. I'm getting weird latency and framerate problems that are not there on the base game.

Are you referring to PvP? Because the netcode is pure garbage. I'm running on a fairly old laptop and with everything down to minimum I've had a grand total of one frameloss and it was overlooking Brume Tower.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Uh, a quick notice.

If you go to the arena and run into a guy named Tallgeese who kills your Titchy Gren and breaks all your gear, it's not me. It's an impersonator.

I've been asked once or twice. I don't even own SOTFS.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
a guy named tallgeese took my wallet and kidnapped my first born, as well

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One time I was at the park, and I brought some bread along to feed the birds, and there were some really tall geese that were muscling in on the ducks' territory and yknow what I'm just gonna abort this joke I can't even come up with a good way to finish it. It was gonna be a metaphor for cheating in Dark Souls but I realized halfway through that it does not matter.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

CJacobs: Bad at Dark Souls AND bad at jokes!

I kid.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Tallgeese posted:

So I am talking with Europa.

According to him, FROM are indeed flagging every game hook like complete idiots.

This means that you risk a softban from any use of Cheat Engine. So, uh, do that offline.

Before you start cheering, they do not seem to discriminate between game hooks. Meaning that, say, you'd also be hit eventually for using x360ce to use a non-XBox controller. Don't use DXTory either.

In short, FROM remains incompetent.

what about durazno for proper analog movement? and fraps?

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Got SOFTS for the PS4 and this is amazing. It feels like a new game all over again. I couldn't decide on a build because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find the weapons/spells I would want with the new item locations so I just decided to punch everything to death and it's working out pretty well. I'm normally not a pc gaming nerd who frets over frame rates but since DS2 runs on 60 fps on PS4 it felt like my eyes were broken when I switched right back to Bloodborne to help someone with a boss.

Is there an updated wiki that has accurate locations for all the new SOFTS item locations? Also what's up with Benhart and Lucatiel's quests? They don't show up in the normal spots so I missed them.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
See, I would have gotten SOFTS for PS4 but then I realized I would have a rough time hacking in the stuff I wanted instead of having to go through From B TEAM BTEAM BTEM B-TEAM grind, so no, I just got it for Steam. Maybe I should reduce the settings to minimum instead of just medium, but...again, I could play the old version by default perfectly fine, I don't want to have to downgrade.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Sarkozymandias posted:

Got SOFTS for the PS4 and this is amazing. It feels like a new game all over again. I couldn't decide on a build because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find the weapons/spells I would want with the new item locations so I just decided to punch everything to death and it's working out pretty well. I'm normally not a pc gaming nerd who frets over frame rates but since DS2 runs on 60 fps on PS4 it felt like my eyes were broken when I switched right back to Bloodborne to help someone with a boss.

Is there an updated wiki that has accurate locations for all the new SOFTS item locations? Also what's up with Benhart and Lucatiel's quests? They don't show up in the normal spots so I missed them.

I'm pretty sure Benhart is in all the same spots as he ever was, including his summon signs.

Lucatiel changes:

Wharf chat: after the entrance dock ambush thing there's that big set of stairs leading upward. Go into the building at the left at the top of the stairs.
Wharf sign: near the boat. (Gavlan's moved to near her old sign location.)
Earthen Peak chat: before Covetous Demon, after the upper/lower rooms filled with poison pots. Take the exit from the lower room, hang a right, down the steps, walk through the poison sludge down there and she's in the side room.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

Anyone know of any interesting youtube people doing blind playthroughs of scholar? I would be especially interested if they hadn't played ds2 original first.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
It gets a little frustrating having tons of belbros invading me, but never getting pulled into another world as an invader. Come on guys, at least wait for invasions in the tower so there's more fights to have.

e: you can have as many as 3 invaders at once now?

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 05:11 on May 6, 2015

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
You can get pulled in as a bellbro without being in the belfry, as long as you have the ring on.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Kill all bells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHnNvr5U6k

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I started up Dark Souls 2 again on PC (not Sins) and it feels like the Durability bug has gotten worse. Using either a Falchion or Rapier and the thing breaks before I can even get to a boss in the area, even while relying on my bow for most enemies.

Am I going insane or is it worse? I heard they were finally fixing it cause they listen to console players and not PC but it may be locked away to people who buy Scholar of the First Sin. And if they are, oh man that's buuuuullshit.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies
It's not worse, and it's only really bad early game, wear the bracing knuckle ring. They're patching the fact that hitting corpses causes massive durability damage 'soon', no actual changes to how much gets taken off per hit against an enemy or a wall.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

pyromance posted:

You can get pulled in as a bellbro without being in the belfry, as long as you have the ring on.

I'm aware, and I think that's dumb so I wait in the Belfry because I like fights more than I like chunks.

e:

I'm starting to suspect that I got soft banned somehow, because I ran into some one name "kill me" over and over again who was a red invader that couldn't be harmed defending people in the belfry. I'm operating under the assumption that since everyone knows about soft banning people aren't going to do poo poo that could get you banned at this point, but hopefully I'm wrong about that.

NeurosisHead fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 6, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
WOW it feels weird to come back to this after Bloodborne. I feel like I have way too little stamina, and I managed to kill myself because I forgot how to jump and how insane the drop damage is.

Though I'm playing the original version, waiting for a price drop to upgrade. Changes or not, I'm not paying full price for what is still mostly the same game.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Flytrap posted:

WOW it feels weird to come back to this after Bloodborne. I feel like I have way too little stamina, and I managed to kill myself because I forgot how to jump and how insane the drop damage is.

Though I'm playing the original version, waiting for a price drop to upgrade. Changes or not, I'm not paying full price for what is still mostly the same game.

drat it looks like it went up - it was $20 on kinguin, now it's $35.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

blackflare posted:

Anyone know of any interesting youtube people doing blind playthroughs of scholar? I would be especially interested if they hadn't played ds2 original first.

I've been watching this poor bastard, who has never even played a Souls game before and is kind of struggling. He hasn't posted anything new for a few days, so I'm not sure if he quit playing it.

If it doesn't have to be scholar specifically, I've also been watching this dude, and he's fairly entertaining and gets enjoyably pissy and frustrated. :) Also, this guy is really loving good at the game, and has been sailing through it with little difficulty, for the most part, other than some early flailing, and is a smart rear end and kind of fun to watch.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This is a good and correct way to do the Bellfry.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Chard posted:

This is a good and correct way to do the Bellfry.

Yeah that video was great. Makes me want to actually suffer through PvP because when it isn't people whoring broken poo poo it's really fun!

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

aas Bandit posted:

I've been watching this poor bastard, who has never even played a Souls game before and is kind of struggling. He hasn't posted anything new for a few days, so I'm not sure if he quit playing it.

If it doesn't have to be scholar specifically, I've also been watching this dude, and he's fairly entertaining and gets enjoyably pissy and frustrated. :) Also, this guy is really loving good at the game, and has been sailing through it with little difficulty, for the most part, other than some early flailing, and is a smart rear end and kind of fun to watch.

Thanks I'll give them a look. And holy wow that bell pvp video is fantastically editted.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Is it worth it to get the Scholar of the First Sin upgrade if I don't yet have any DLC?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ariong posted:

Is it worth it to get the Scholar of the First Sin upgrade if I don't yet have any DLC?

In my opinion, yes. The changes make it feel like a new game.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ariong posted:

If you're worried about having to purchase the DLC as well: SotFS comes with all three DLC.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Raygereio posted:

If you're worried about having to purchase the DLC as well: SotFS comes with all three DLC.

Yes, I knew that. I was just wondering if the DLC was worth the cash.

Azran posted:

In my opinion, yes. The changes make it feel like a new game.

Okay, I'll pick it up.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Ariong posted:

this is what i did and it was totally worth it. well, other than interacting with and then remembering how 95% of the dark souls fan base are loving horrendous grognardy dumb shits. (not here of course! you guys are cool)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Deaderinred posted:

this is what i did and it was totally worth it. well, other than interacting with and then remembering how 95% of the dark souls fan base are loving horrendous grognardy dumb shits. (not here of course! you guys are cool)

That sort of thing is why I'm glad I went radio silence on Dark Souls 2 until I actually played it just recently with SotFS. Though along with that, I also had Bonfireside Chat episodes to listen to once I'd finished each area, which not only motivated me to keep going, but which was a nice way of reflecting on all the stuff I'd gone through without having to deal with endless reams of terrible bullshit trying to interact with the Souls fanbase.