Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

bubbles, what bubbles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

l..l...lmao

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Chorrax posted:

Literally every single white people transplant in Brooklyn has a kid named Brooklyn and everytime I see a little white 3 year old named Brooklyn with rear end in a top hat parents I praise satan for giving me the chance to leave this doomed borough

sup neighbor

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:

get out while you can imo

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Chorrax posted:

get out while you can imo

i just got in

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Linguica posted:

bubbles, what bubbles

those rents are never going to come down

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

those rents are never going to come down

home properties can only rise in value

it's been literally non-double digit amount of years since the housing market collapsed, but no worries, it won't happen again. this time, wall street is buying houses with straight up cash and forcibly moving the cost of housing up in the world's most transparent scheme ever.

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

Chorrax posted:

Literally every single white people transplant in Brooklyn has a kid named Brooklyn and everytime I see a little white 3 year old named Brooklyn with rear end in a top hat parents I praise satan for giving me the chance to leave this doomed borough

Hail teh Satan

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

I had to show my apartment to a prospective tenant and the woman just loving starts going through my bookshelf pulling out photo books and leafing through them like my living room is some kind of library UGH i just wanted to tell her to stay on the other side of the river where she belongs

this is a woman has clearly never been told "no" for her entire life and every loving toddler in the neighborhood is going to grow up to be just like that

Tangra
May 1, 2008

Rrrreligion?

It's the catnip of the purrrrrrrrletariat

Mad about your :10bux: ?

:haw:

lel

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Chorrax posted:

I had to show my apartment to a prospective tenant and the woman just loving starts going through my bookshelf pulling out photo books and leafing through them like my living room is some kind of library UGH i just wanted to tell her to stay on the other side of the river where she belongs

this is a woman has clearly never been told "no" for her entire life and every loving toddler in the neighborhood is going to grow up to be just like that

what the gently caress

pram
Jun 10, 2001
did she pette your catte(s?)

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

The neighborhood wanted me to sign this petition to ban the ice cream truck from parking outside the playground because i guess they don't want to have to be bothered to tell their kids that they can't have ice cream ughhhh

words to parents from a non-parent: it's loving fine to say "no" to your kids and you should do it often so they dont turn into lovely adults

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Phone posted:

home properties can only rise in value

it's been literally non-double digit amount of years since the housing market collapsed, but no worries, it won't happen again. this time, wall street is buying houses with straight up cash and forcibly moving the cost of housing up in the world's most transparent scheme ever.

but we're not talking about houses. we're talking about apartments in an environment that is probably already short on rental properties and where new builds are not keeping up with population growth.

housing bubble collapses don't result in a lot of homes being turned over to rental. they result in a lot of empty buildings left to rot while greedy shithead humans rearrange numbers on spreadsheets. meanwhile a lot of former homeowners just became renters, driving rental demand up.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

but we're not talking about houses. we're talking about apartments in an environment that is probably already short on rental properties and where new builds are not keeping up with population growth.

housing bubble collapses don't result in a lot of homes being turned over to rental. they result in a lot of empty buildings left to rot while greedy shithead humans rearrange numbers on spreadsheets. meanwhile a lot of former homeowners just became renters, driving rental demand up.

also in NYC something like 20% of apartments are just non-primary residences for the global elite who live in them for maybe 10 days a year

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

did she pette your catte(s?)

I was viewing a house once and the owner's cat climbed onto my shoulders so I was walking around listening to the realtor with this stranger's cat laying across my shoulders

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I was viewing a house once and the owner's cat climbed onto my shoulders so I was walking around listening to the realtor with this stranger's cat laying across my shoulders

a goode catte. be aware that it is unlikely that he will be there when you move in

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb1tO_B74xE

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Chorrax posted:

also in NYC something like 20% of apartments are just non-primary residences for the global elite who live in them for maybe 10 days a year

You really have to question the point of that.

Like, surely staying in a crazy fancy-pants hotel for those 10 days would be far cheaper than the property costs. Rich people are petty and weird.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

univbee posted:

Like, surely staying in a crazy fancy-pants hotel for those 10 days would be far cheaper than the property costs. Rich people are petty and weird.

some lesser being may have stayed in that hotel room

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Kill the rich imo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Liver Disaster posted:

some lesser being may have stayed in that hotel room

Fancy hotels are pretty accommodating if you flout your "I'm rich, bitch" status correctly.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

univbee posted:

It's also because they will be able to sell it someday after it has appreciated in value and become even more superwealthy

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

also also because they can now utilize AirBNB to become even more ultra rich

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

or you could double down and have a suite at a fancy hotel booked permanently so you can jet over and stay whenever

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

spankmeister posted:

eat the rich imo

ftfy

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

spankmeister posted:

or you could double down and have a suite at a fancy hotel booked permanently so you can jet over and stay whenever

just buy the hotel you filthy poor

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

greetings

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

census data from 2012 shows that "from East 56th Street to East 59th Street, between Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue, 57 percent, or 285 of 496 apartments, including co-ops and condos, are vacant at least 10 months a year." A swath that's a bit north of that, from East 59th to East 63rd, shows that "628 of 1,261 homes, or almost 50 percent" are pied-a-terres.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
very interesting. not

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

State Senator Liz Krueger: "I met with a developer who is building one of those billionaire buildings on 57th Street and he told me, 'Don't worry, you won't need any more services, because the buyers won't be sending their kids to school here, there won't be traffic.'

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

gently caress i got owned by pram

pram
Jun 10, 2001
rich people: stay out of new york city lol

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

i like this picture

:3:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

George was the best beatle

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWnN0R9em5o

i thought his manic phase just ended, but nope

aww yiss

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

why did nobody ever make that simpsons boxing game irl

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

why did nobody ever make that simpsons boxing game irl

i think virtual springfield on pc or some similar product had it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Chorrax posted:

The neighborhood wanted me to sign this petition to ban the ice cream truck from parking outside the playground because i guess they don't want to have to be bothered to tell their kids that they can't have ice cream ughhhh

words to parents from a non-parent: it's loving fine to say "no" to your kids and you should do it often so they dont turn into lovely adults

when my parents lived in park slope my mom and i once saw a mom arguing w/ her 3 year old

saiyan poo poo like "i have feeling too!"

we laughed so hard right at her before my mom told me that that kinda thing is extremely common there

• Locked thread