Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I find it amusing that she plays Geralt as a giant horndog and hosed Cynthia.

GrossMurpel posted:

I played on Hard and Dark, so :shrug:

You're way better at this control scheme than most people then. I'm not sure why you wouldn't use potions given the option though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
If she's the one playing TW3 I hope she doesn't squeal the whole time. :cripes:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

GrossMurpel posted:

I played on Hard and Dark, so :shrug:

Maybe try not to use Quen, I had better results without it because it forces you to learn to dodge everything.

Yeah I generally don't use Quen at all on other fights. Like I had no problem with the Troll (yes, I'm that person). I'll take another crack at it tonight.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
I mostly just use Quen on the Kayran because you don't have to do much damage there anyway, and there's a couple of parts where you're just standing in a corner while it throws a tantrum and you might as well cast something.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Witcher 3 stream has been delayed by 10-15 minutes so we get another 15 minutes of gigglesquee.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Man, our media people are awesome. (This is not what I was saying earlier today while doing tasks for them.)

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Archimago posted:

Witcher 3 stream has been delayed by 10-15 minutes so we get another 15 minutes of gigglesquee.

The part where the stream video cut out and you could only hear the sounds was tense as gently caress.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I love this woman's accent.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

The Sharmat posted:

The female id, showing us what women really want.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

http://www.twitch.tv/gogcom

TW3 just started.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Geralt with the shirtless Hugh Jackman look.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

You're way better at this control scheme than most people then. I'm not sure why you wouldn't use potions given the option though.

I loved W2 but after beating it twice on hard I definitely find the control scheme supremely annoying. Its not a bad design, its just so flaky and inconsistent at times that it can be absolutely infuriating. If you're going to have Souls style "can't make a mistake" combat you can't have stuff like random huge delays on throwing bombs/knives, random drop of control input (think this is a lack of input queuing), or not knowing reliably whether you're going to do a leaping attack, or if you do which of the wildly different animations its going to play.

Also there's a couple of fights where when it loads you often take a big chunk of damage before you have control of your character, the worst was rescuing Triss in chapter 3 where I had to load an earlier save and cast quen before I spoke to the "boss" because it kept killing me before the camera even panned back to Geralt.

edit: And thats not even touching binding the uniteruptable "stop everything and inspect my necklace" button to L3 and not disabling it during combat, cause thats at least theoretically my fault.

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 5, 2015

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Jarmak posted:

I loved W2 but after beating it twice on hard I definitely find the control scheme supremely annoying. Its not a bad design, its just so flaky and inconsistent at times that it can be absolutely infuriating. If you're going to have Souls style "can't make a mistake" combat you can't have stuff like random huge delays on throwing bombs/knives, random drop of control input (think this is a lack of input queuing), or not knowing reliably whether you're going to do a leaping attack, or if you do which of the wildly different animations its going to play.
I actually played it enough to figure out the attack sequence and be able to anticipate what Geralt would do when most of the time, but the game makes it harder than it needs to be.

Jarmak posted:

Also there's a couple of fights where when it loads you often take a big chunk of damage before you have control of your character, the worst was rescuing Triss in chapter 3 where I had to load an earlier save and cast quen before I spoke to the "boss" because it kept killing me before the camera even panned back to Geralt.
That's annoying as hell. But fun fact: the fight you're talking about? You can move during the last part of the cutscene. There's no indication of this anywhere, but it will save you a lot of damage.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

The Sharmat posted:

That's annoying as hell. But fun fact: the fight you're talking about? You can move during the last part of the cutscene. There's no indication of this anywhere, but it will save you a lot of damage.

I kept holding a direction and spamming dodge during the last part, at best it seemed to give me a 50/50 shot of managing to survive but with half health.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Yo ghet in the stgream and demand to know if geralt keeps his sick tattoo

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
For your safety, please do not read or post in any stream chat.

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

The Sharmat posted:

For your safety, please do not read or post in any stream chat.

Thank God twitch lets me hide the chat window.

Also, it sounds like they're recording in a barn.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I love bombs

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
that bomb just ripped a dude in half and sent his front half flying at the camera, spewing blood. sweet

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

pik_d posted:

I love bombs

Bombs are beautiful.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Turpitude posted:

that bomb just ripped a dude in half and sent his front half flying at the camera, spewing blood. sweet

This is what I was trying to say but couldn't really find the words

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Regenerating potions with alcohol meditation??? That owns

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Where is the beard?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

GoldenNugget posted:

Where is the beard?

You're looking at the wrong lips, my dear.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I don't think I've ever played the hardest setting on any game ever. I definitely won't be starting now.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Considering the hardest difficulty setting on TW2 deletes your saves when you die I don't feel bad about never playing it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The Sharmat posted:

Considering the hardest difficulty setting on TW2 deletes your saves when you die I don't feel bad about never playing it.

Hardest difficulties should just be called "gently caress You"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
GOG Galaxy went to beta and bringing in features that were previously not available in Alpha. Really starting to think Witcher 3 is the game they're launching the platform with. :allears:

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
No items carry over in TW3.

Sure glad I got those end game swords and armor for one fight. Pretty disappointed in this bit to be honest.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The Sharmat posted:

Sure glad I got those end game swords and armor for one fight. Pretty disappointed in this bit to be honest.

Well remember how they handled it from TW -> TW2? You had your super cool sword in the first game which was really quite poo poo in the 2nd game then you threw it out the first chance you got. I don't really see the point in wanting that.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
It was cool and better than the starting gear you'd otherwise have. I'd rather have something I want to upgrade halfway through the first act than nothing at all.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Sharmat posted:

That's good to know. I'm replaying The Witcher 1 right now and glad I don't have to forge the Dark items in the second just in case they'd show up

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 5, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The Sharmat posted:

Let your inner sperg seethe but realize eventually that it's for the best.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Drifter posted:

I've been wondering how much will carry over to W3. I am slightly reassured by this change.

I'm assuming that the plot flags you get from importing a save (That aren't in the game-start dialog choice setup) will be inconsequential since Console versions could never get them. I'm really curious to see what kind of plot flags you can set in the W3 intro (I assume Witcher 1 Major Choice, plus Ending. as well as Witcher 2 Chapter Choices)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Riso posted:

You're looking at the wrong lips, my dear.
:golfclap:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Couldn't watch the stream, was there anything completely new and surprising announced?

Jarmak posted:

edit: And thats not even touching binding the uniteruptable "stop everything and inspect my necklace" button to L3 and not disabling it during combat, cause thats at least theoretically my fault.

Well if you keep expecting input queuing again in every fight, you will get surprised every time.

The Sharmat posted:

Naw I suck at videogames, I don't get what's so hard about rolling away and moving in to attack though :confused:
Like, I loaded up a save with the endgame Letho fight on the weekend because I thought maybe I misremembered it. Rolling in a circle constantly and then Aard -> light attack, heavy attack was all it took.
The only difference in the first fight is that you have to make sure you don't roll into pillars.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

pik_d posted:

Well remember how they handled it from TW -> TW2? You had your super cool sword in the first game which was really quite poo poo in the 2nd game then you threw it out the first chance you got. I don't really see the point in wanting that.

Eh, Moon Blade was pretty servicable for most of Ch 1. Mahakham Rune Sigil was pretty meh though, and then you had Raven's armor. Probably no surprise why the dude died, in retrospect.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If the game difficulty is balanced well enough for starter equipment, then carryover equipment can do nothing but make the early parts too easy. I'll take the starter equipment.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Drifter posted:

If the resources are better used elsewhere that's fine but I don't think it's unreasonable for me to feel disappointed at the lack of a piece of continuity I found fun in a previous game in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Just FYI, Wild Hunt is on sale at Greenmangaming for 33.5 pounds.

I'd buy it myself but first I'm going to need a new computer to actually run this thing :negative:

• Locked thread