Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
ESPN of all places did a great job covering this. Sabes <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PtkLQtfcc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

sir, Jon Hoke isn't a Jon Joke.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Hutson Mason got a workout / tryout with the Dolphins. What if Mason is the guy to take the Doyeah I can't even finish that. Hutson Mason is a perfect insurance salesman name if there ever was one.

is Hutson Mason a bad enough dude to unseat Josh Freeman as the Dolphins' 3rd string QB

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

ESPN of all places did a great job covering this. Sabes <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PtkLQtfcc

Nick Saban was one of the shooters.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

VDay posted:

Soccer's offseason is pretty great. It's like two months total, and one of the months the transfer window opens up so you get a ton of action. Also every 4 years a World Cup happens and makes the offseason even shorter. Stupid other sports and their long breaks between seasons :argh:
Basketball's offseason is ridiculously easy to get through as well. The draft is like right after the Finals, summer league is right after that, you've got the Olympics or World Cup if it's an even year and before you know it it's preseason.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

is Hutson Mason a bad enough dude to unseat Josh Freeman as the Dolphins' 3rd string QB

If Freeman can throw a ball downfield more than 20 yards more than 2 times a games, then no, Mason is not a bad enough dude.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Ehud posted:

he's bad alright

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

If Freeman can throw a ball downfield more than 20 yards more than 2 times a games, then no, Mason is not a bad enough dude.

Well he usually overthrows by 20 yards so maybe he's got a shot.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Ehud posted:

gently caress no he isn't

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

hutson mason cannot throw a football reliably down field further than 10 yards, his arm isn't even a noodle it is hamburger helper

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Alouicious posted:

hutson mason cannot throw a football reliably down field further than 10 yards, his arm isn't even a noodle it is hamburger helper

hamburger helper arm needs to became a proper football term

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Aw yeah UNLV is gettin' an Alabama table scrap in RB Altee Tenpenny :woop:

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Lessail posted:

Aw yeah UNLV is gettin' an Alabama table scrap in RB Altee Tenpenny :woop:

He was highly recruited out of high school though I thought he was overrated at the time. Everyone in Arkansas tried to tell him he was making a big mistake passing up the chance to be the premiere RB in Bielema's offense but he made the first of many dumb mistakes by choosing to become the worst RB in a loaded class at Alabama. Maybe he'll do better at UNLV.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Nick Saban was one of the shooters.

And he'll do it again if that's what it'll take to get some gat dang medical redshirts

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
So as you may know, the University of North Dakota retired its "Sioux" mascot and last month took suggestions for a new mascot. Yesterday they released two huge PDFs containing the submissions they're considering and those they're not considering, along with the rationale provided by the submitter. Some of them are pretty funny.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pakled posted:

So as you may know, the University of North Dakota retired its "Sioux" mascot and last month took suggestions for a new mascot. Yesterday they released two huge PDFs containing the submissions they're considering and those they're not considering, along with the rationale provided by the submitter. Some of them are pretty funny.

I'm only on page two and I'm crying.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
That "Names they're not considering" list is amazing. It is full of so much frothy, right wing rage.

Go UND Autists!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pakled posted:

The pro-est of clicks yall.

Lost it by the time I got to "Abdominal Snowmen"

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
These lists are amazing.

edit: 7th Cavalry - Indians won again is a favorite.

Also got a good laugh that those hicks use 2%er derisively just like the Aggies

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 5, 2015

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

That Works posted:

The pro-est of clicks yall.

Lost it by the time I got to "Abdominal Snowmen"

Hello new alt-account name...

They should go with Aurora Borealis just to their mascot can be a laser-light show.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Pakled posted:

As a lifelong North Dakota resident this pains me. There is no chance the name doesn't end up being awful.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I would love it if they switched from "Fighting Sioux" to something involving the Cavalry, because then they'd be switching their mascot from Native Americans to the guys that killed the Native Americans.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Real talk I like the suggestion "Cetan," the Lakota word for hawk.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pakled posted:

I would love it if they switched from "Fighting Sioux" to something involving the Cavalry, because then they'd be switching their mascot from Native Americans to the guys that killed the Native Americans.

Or like, go meta with 7th Cavalry.

While it didn't fit the color scheme I actually do like the "Amber Wave" suggestion.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Pakled posted:

From the non-consideration list:

code:
Democrats			Because thanks Obama
Fighting Jew			Stupid liberal morons got butt hurt over the fighting Sioux nickname which is not offensive 
				at all but you caved and changed it
ProLifers 			It's time the liberals who stripped UND of its name had the situation backfire on them
fag bags			That's what you all are
faggots				because
From the consideration list:
code:
Shills				North Dakota is not a real place. Its just used for tax purposes in Obamas run for third term.
Sort of amazing that this is hosted on UND's site

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 5, 2015

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
code:
A holes fr Grand Fks 	I am an NDSU allum &I I have always called UND folks that!
Seems to be the fairest one. What's a 2%er?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
My personal favorite is "Beached Whales - Because North Dakota is landlocked the whale would be beached"

Man that really is the pro-est click.
code:
Browns                  Really pls just pick the Triple Dick Terrorists.
Camel Cats              "Camel Cats" is just a cool name
ead                     UND. Undead. Get it? Also takes advantage of the current zombie fad.

Quandary fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 5, 2015

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm loving the reject names.

FIGHTING BEARS - After every score, the opening to the following music video could be played. It'd be a ruckus! / / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM
FIghting Moo - You guys have cows, right?
Fighting Olive Gardens - The classiest restaurant in Grand Forks. Deserves its respect by being your team name.
Triple Dick Terrorists - This name just works. Everyone would rally behind such a fierce and intimidating nickname. The logo could be really cool too

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm now undecided if I like the angry responses more, or the people making terrible jokes like UNDermines or UNDertakers.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Submission: big dick North dakotans
Reasoning: we have the biggest dicks

Hard to argue with that logic.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
code:
Emergency Room Werewolves          Honors the medical school, while adopting a mascot which will not offend any group.
Fighting Fetuses                                   Bunch a cunts, thats why
Fighting Kevs                                        Although he doesn't go there he has been an avid supporter of the school and would be a prideful face of the university
Fighting Lawyers 					Students and fans can still chant "Let's Go Sue"
And I just love the pages and pages of Sioux. What a wonderful document

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

New uniforms at Wake Forest. Holy crap they look so much nicer.

E: And Mike Williams will have the "interim" title removed and he will be the full-time AD at Cal, according to the SF Chronicle.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 5, 2015

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Those do look pretty good. I always thought Oregon's whole uniform deal was gaudy as gently caress, but I actually really like most of what Nike does with their uniforms. It's pretty cool how they can have so many alternates just by swapping a few things around.

Actually really hoping we get out of our Under Armor deal after next year and maybe move to Nike too. Not likely, though.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

Cock Gobblers Mostly because everyone there gobbles cock.
COCKSUCKERS ND is a bunch of cocksuckers

Do you get it? DO YOU GET IT? HUH?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

DJExile posted:

E: And Mike Williams will have the "interim" title removed and he will be the full-time AD at Cal, according to the SF Chronicle.

Nike gives more of a poo poo about Wake Forest than VT. Shouldn't be surprised after our game last year.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Nike gives more of a poo poo about Wake Forest than VT. Shouldn't be surprised after our game last year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jeremor posted:

Those do look pretty good. I always thought Oregon's whole uniform deal was gaudy as gently caress, but I actually really like most of what Nike does with their uniforms. It's pretty cool how they can have so many alternates just by swapping a few things around.

Nike basically uses Oregon as a way to test out all the really crazy and goofy ideas they have. They're only as wacky as the team they're working with wants them to be.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

May this live forever marking the moment Hokie football under beamer died. (excusing my certain enthusiasm for this year's squad because optimism for sanity).

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DJExile posted:

I refuse to support any wake uniforms until they bring back the Butt W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

• Locked thread