Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauce#French_cuisine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I'm glad CCP is adding dumb FW gimmicks to sov 0.0

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Boat Theta chased them all away already.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

I doubt anyone in Theta would so much as raise an eyebrow at the sight of a woman. Unless it was Estamel Tharchon. They'd be all over her.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
Dammit Vyst, you got me good. :allears:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

mpaarating posted:

First they came for the ~truegoon~ posters, and I did not speak up because I was not a ~truegoon~ poster.
Then they came for the gimmick posters, and I did not speak up because I was not a gimmick poster.
Then they came for the effort posters, and I did not speak up because I was not an effort poster.
Then they came for the shitposters, and there was nobody left to speak up for me.

#freejokine

grumplestiltzkin fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 5, 2015

Aunt Teefa
Mar 17, 2015

Catching up on sauce talk: gently caress that poo poo, my diet is protein shakes, chicken breast, and steamed veggies. Please workout.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

lol u poz bro posted:

Catching up on sauce talk: gently caress that poo poo, my diet is protein shakes, chicken breast, and steamed veggies. Please workout.

please don't workout if you're an unhappy goon substituting it for working to improve the things that actually make you unhappy, instead of some ersatz self castigation

my god

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

I do a great deal of BBQing, slow-cooking, and regular grilling, all with charcoal and I also like to make my own BBQ sauces. There's all different kinds of BBQ sauces you can make - the rather common ketchup-based red and brown sauces, mustard-based sauces (these are my favorites, and are popular in the Carolinas), white sauces with mayo, sour cream, horseradish and the like, honey-based sauces, whiskey based sauces and even ones with coffee. There's also a South American BBQ sauce called Chimichurri (not sure on the spelling) made from parsley which is great on steaks. Another of my favorites involves blackstrap molasses and hot sauce; this one is fantastic on ribs. I have recipes for even more that I haven't gotten around to trying yet, like a plum sauce.

Making the right sort of sauce for the flavor you want to achieve with your meat is a pleasure all its own. When I have folks over, I like to make 2 or 3 kinds and let people sample different ones. Guests seem to really like doing this with things like brisket or pulled pork where they can make little piles of it on their plate to try out with each sauce.

So - sauce or GTFO. Also, please work out. Sauce puts a lot of sugar on meat.

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
Please work out.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

Kiryen posted:

I do a great deal of BBQing, slow-cooking, and regular grilling, all with charcoal and I also like to make my own BBQ sauces. There's all different kinds of BBQ sauces you can make - the rather common ketchup-based red and brown sauces, mustard-based sauces (these are my favorites, and are popular in the Carolinas), white sauces with mayo, sour cream, horseradish and the like, honey-based sauces, whiskey based sauces and even ones with coffee. There's also a South American BBQ sauce called Chimichurri (not sure on the spelling) made from parsley which is great on steaks. Another of my favorites involves blackstrap molasses and hot sauce; this one is fantastic on ribs. I have recipes for even more that I haven't gotten around to trying yet, like a plum sauce.

Making the right sort of sauce for the flavor you want to achieve with your meat is a pleasure all its own. When I have folks over, I like to make 2 or 3 kinds and let people sample different ones. Guests seem to really like doing this with things like brisket or pulled pork where they can make little piles of it on their plate to try out with each sauce.

If your BBQ sauces don't contain the meat drippings of whatever you are cooking you are doing it wrong.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Huge_Midget posted:

If your BBQ sauces don't contain the meat drippings of whatever you are cooking you are doing it wrong.

That makes it a gravy: God's sauce.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kiryen posted:

A man after my own heart. Eat sauce and work out. Also, sauce vin blanc is the best sauce. (Mostly because I live in Washington and there's a fuckton of really cheap Chardonnay around that's perfect for cooking but not worth drinking straight.)

On an Eve note, gently caress, I really hate beam Tormentors. So much firepower, so much absurd capacitor. Can drive off kiters (even if it can't kill them), can absolutely facefuck anything in scram range as long as it can start outside of small neut range. A beam Tormentor plus a two-neut Tristan will basically wreck anything smaller than a destroyer than comes to fight them; you have to bring multiple people, ideally with one of them super-tanked.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 5, 2015

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Kiryen posted:

I'm pretty amateurish at BBQ, but the one time I made my own sauce it was really drat good. I made a mustard based sauce and some sort of KC type deal. It's hella easy too, I highly recommend it.

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

ullerrm posted:

On an Eve note, gently caress, I really hate beam Tormentors. So much firepower, so much absurd capacitor. Can drive off kiters (even if it can't kill them), can absolutely facefuck anything in scram range as long as it can start outside of small neut range. A beam Tormentor plus a two-neut Tristan will basically wreck anything smaller than a destroyer than comes to fight them; you have to bring multiple people, ideally with one of them super-tanked.

people use t1 frigs?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ullerm runs around in faction warfare a lot

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ullerm runs around in faction warfare a lot

FW can be a nice little break and a fun way to not go broke doing solo PVP.

Sanzio037
Dec 9, 2013
FW is fun, up until you find yourself having to move all your poo poo out, but that's the name of the game.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Sanzio037 posted:

FW is fun, up until you find yourself having to move all your poo poo out, but that's the name of the game.

Public courier contract or a corp that does it. It's in lowsec after all, but many just stage from a hisec that is 1-2j over.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I'm gonna make some kind of shrimp etouffee or gumbo tonight. New orleans food is the best. Taste is amazing, not difficult to make, and many things are in a single pot or a pot and a frying pan so clean up isn't a pain. Lots of the classics like gumbo, creoles, or jambalaya can expand the amount of veggie and be very healthy.

Just don't be jewish. It's a cuisine based entirely on the pig and shellfish. I had a jewish roommate for a while, and trying to make a kosher variant was near impossible. Eventually got a chicken jambalaya with beef sausage that wasn't bad, but it's not the same.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Sanzio037 posted:

It's not like nullsec is any different. In fact, it's better than nullsec, because FW always guarantees that one of the other factions will hold the station, and there's no quality control to join another faction, so you can use an alt (or a shipping service like Bluefrog) to move your poo poo out.

In 0.0, if another alliance takes your station, you may not be able to get an alt in there to move your poo poo. And if they deadzone it, it's completely hosed.

(This is a long-running rant I have: the fact that FW doesn't actually contribute anything to Eve lore, or make permanent contributions to space. Nullsec players can build and destroy infrastructure; they can drop eggs, drop and destroy IHubs, etc. and actually shape the attributes of their space. FW just runs around a premade plastic playground with cans of spraypaint, covering some CCP-made indestructable structures in different colors. Ultimately all they produce is dirty clothes and a wicked inhalant high.)

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

vyst posted:

I want to be able to bring curvy goonettes back to my captain's quarters

No curvy goonettes in Eve, just lithe Icelandic space elves.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming

Klyith posted:

I'm gonna make some kind of shrimp etouffee or gumbo tonight. New orleans food is the best. Taste is amazing, not difficult to make, and many things are in a single pot or a pot and a frying pan so clean up isn't a pain. Lots of the classics like gumbo, creoles, or jambalaya can expand the amount of veggie and be very healthy.

Just don't be jewish. It's a cuisine based entirely on the pig and shellfish. I had a jewish roommate for a while, and trying to make a kosher variant was near impossible. Eventually got a chicken jambalaya with beef sausage that wasn't bad, but it's not the same.

I went to NOLA the first time 2 months ago. My palette was blown away by the amazing food. Everyone might have been really fat there but at least they are eating good food and not McDonald's. My first bite of a beignet brought a singular tear to my eye.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

As you get older, you can no longer work yourself out of a bad diet like some 20 year old. That said a while back I made my own BBQ sauce to slather this frankly massive hunk of American import meat, seriously you guys should rethink those growth hormones. It was good.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

goattrails posted:

It doesn't make a difference really. Most of the time I prefer food without a bunch of additional taste impressions. I prefer the base "vanilla" taste. I don't put dressing on salads either.

WHAT ????

So for example, you just eat pasta without putting anything on it?.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

You scrubs need to get in Food@goonfleet.com on jabber so it's not just me, Biaxia, and a crazy german. :colbert:

Also all gravies are sauces. Whether it's white gravy (Béchamel) Brown gravy (Espagnole), or meat gravy (Ragu or Provencal). Also since cheese melted into a Béchamel is a Mornay sauce, that means that sauce guy never had mac and cheese as a kid. Which I find un-American.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Samahiel posted:

You scrubs need to get in Food@goonfleet.com on jabber so it's not just me, Biaxia, and a crazy german. :colbert:

Also all gravies are sauces. Whether it's white gravy (Béchamel) Brown gravy (Espagnole), or meat gravy (Ragu or Provencal). Also since cheese melted into a Béchamel is a Mornay sauce, that means that sauce guy never had mac and cheese as a kid. Which I find un-American.

I'd like to, but mittani just banned me for some BOS dude posting. That's some meta level shitposting by BOS.

I really love gravy.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Haquer fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 5, 2015

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
butts

mpaarating fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 5, 2015

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Samahiel posted:

I don't make gravy in a sauce pan. Therefore, it is not a sauce.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

mpaarating posted:

I'd like to, but mittani just banned me for some BOS dude posting. That's some meta level shitposting by BOS.

I really love gravy.

downvotes: serious business

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
As bad a poster as PsychoticSmurf is, I don't think it is bad enough to ban Jokine.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Retarded Goatee posted:

As bad a poster as PsychoticSmurf is, I don't think it is bad enough to ban Jokine.

No no people are Gathering Together to try and Put Down The Mittani and it's Really Bad :(

It's awful what you assholes are doing, they're just trying to shill a game guys.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

CainFortea posted:

I don't make gravy in a sauce pan. Therefore, it is not a sauce.

I make my sauce in a skillet, and serve it in a gravy boat. Your move.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Haquer posted:

No no people are Gathering Together to try and Put Down The Mittani and it's Really Bad :(

It's awful what you assholes are doing, they're just trying to shill a game guys.

Indeed. I was out puppet mastered.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

ullerrm posted:

gently caress eve for a bit, can we go back to the food derail? It sounded delicious.

Also, god drat, FW people are loving terrible. Half of them can be replaced by a small shell script that orbits beacons and puts random smack in local. And the other half are already scripts. :p

FW space would be a lot more interesting if the most efficient way to farm it wasn't sitting half afk in a stabbed/cloaked frig. It's it even PvE, it's PvNothing

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Could Beam Tormentors be useful in larger fleets, sort of like a poor man's Hawk?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

mpaarating posted:

Lol you got banned by the mittani himself. I had nothing to do with it

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

Lol you got banned by the mittani himself. I had nothing to do with it

:iceburn:

Well I hope the forums chill down for you. If I'm not there to poo poo it up, may no one poo poo it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

First they came for the ~truegoon~ posters, and I did not speak up because I was not a ~truegoon~ poster.
Then they came for the gimmick posters, and I did not speak up because I was not a gimmick poster.
Then they came for the effort posters, and I did not speak up because I was not an effort poster.
Then they came for the shitposters, and there was nobody left to speak up for me.

#freejokine

Shut up Grumps

• Locked thread