Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Was he deliberately trying to affect an appearance reminiscent of a one-time guest star on "The Love Boat," or...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You can do whatever you want in life.

edit if you go to the archive for that kc greenc comic, the description is "man why you even got to do a thing"

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 1, 2015

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

You mean her new husband that I...

...Boned?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Telex posted:

I like how on his site he's a "graphic novelist" and not "webcomic guy" or something. Sounds much fancier than dude who drew cats drinking beers and squirrels getting hosed up rock hard cat dicks, repeatedly

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

That's what Onstad looks like?

He's really going for that "Audience Member on Top Gear Who'd Really Just Like to Get A Word In About What He Thinks Of Alfa Romeo" look.

He looks like a guy who could afford to print a few cookbooks.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Oh poo poo I can get Chris Onstad brand sodas at the rich white people grocery store near me.

I'm gonna do it.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Just take the soda, don't pay, but promise to pay a lot. Don't put up with any entitled whining.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

Just take the soda, don't pay, but promise to pay a lot. Don't put up with any entitled whining.

I actually mentioned this in the facebook group post about that and people got really loving angry at me for suggesting that they shouldn't give a literal con artist money, regardless of how many funny cat dicks he drew.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I actually mentioned this in the facebook group post about that and people got really loving angry at me for suggesting that they shouldn't give a literal con artist money, regardless of how many funny cat dicks he drew.

Who's more legit? The cursed man, or the man who's cursed by the cursed man? Two souls chasin' each other down the same drain, dude. The whole performance [is] something of a terrible, crippled miracle.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
p.s. it's you, you and the facebook group are the cursed men

lol

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Take it. Eight months later, come back, say "I'M BACK FROM MY HIATUS!", drop a dime on the counter, then disappear for another 8 months. Repeat.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The facebook group is actually pretty chill, they just have weird blinders on when it comes to their opinion of Onstad :shobon:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wasn't word on this thread that the facebook group are full of sadbrains people who post the miserable things that happen in their lonely lives?

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Wasn't word on this thread that the facebook group are full of sadbrains people who post the miserable things that happen in their lonely lives?

I subscribed because some goon was raving about it and then had to unsubscribe after a few weeks of having my feed full of sad people blogging to the group about how terrible their lives are.

It is a group of folks for whom Roast Beef represents an aspiration of poo poo-togetherness and sound mental health.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
They are the very people Roast Beef would have created a charity for, if he were rich.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
He... he almost bit through the toast... :unsmith:

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

This is the whitest thing I've ever seen.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bonvivant posted:

This is the whitest thing I've ever seen.

Well, what else do you expect out of someone whose interests include making webcomics and craft soda?

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)
Clary Sage Herbarium of Portland

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Last night I dreamed an Achewood strip.

Molly was going to have an operation and Roast Beef asked Ray for a "clinical-grade merkin". Ray then reached for his wallet before realizing "Wait a minute, you ain't need any merkins for a root canal!", to Roast Beef's embarrasment. The fourth panel was a schematic showing how a merkin could be used to assist said procedure, in lieu of a punchline.

I don't know what the hell.

Py-O-My
Jan 12, 2001

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pentaro posted:

Molly was going to have an operation and Roast Beef asked Ray for a "clinical-grade merkin". Ray then reached for his wallet before realizing "Wait a minute, you ain't need any merkins for a root canal!", to Roast Beef's embarrasment. The fourth panel was a schematic showing how a merkin could be used to assist said procedure, in lieu of a punchline.

If you email this to KC Green it'll probably get made into a comic.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Pentaro posted:

Gonna have to quote this again because now I really need to know what the alt-text was.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Pentaro posted:

Your subconscious wrote a better Achewood strip than a modern-day Onstad could possibly come up.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

He couldn't find anything classier than a milk crate?
Or is this one of those avant ~guarde things where you downplay expectations>?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Leroy Dennui posted:

Your subconscious wrote a better Achewood strip than a modern-day Onstad could possibly come up.

Yeah, that's a pretty funny Achewood.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's basically a retreat of the isosceles lock strip

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
With elements of Vagina Products Macgyver.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Johnny Aztec posted:

He couldn't find anything classier than a milk crate?
Or is this one of those avant ~guarde things where you downplay expectations>?

He's in a soda-making factory, with equipment all around. It's not a picture of the artist in his luxurious study.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I really would like to know if at least it's good soda. Dude's putting up all his eggs in that basket now. It has to be something special.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Saoshyant posted:

I really would like to know if at least it's good soda. Dude's putting up all his eggs in that basket now. It has to be something special.

It's a useles non alcoholic fizzy drink full of empty calories how good can it be

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

It's a useles non alcoholic fizzy drink full of empty calories how good can it be
Pretty loving good, since empty calories are delicious.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Saoshyant posted:

This is where I'm at. Like a third of Achewood is really specific cooking references and the point of contention for most people in this thread is a cookbook so I imagine he can put together a pretty good root beer or whatever. If I buy a fancy hipster soda from the cat dick man do I have cookbook blood on my hands?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I forgot SA had a weird pocket of people who think grown ups can only drink water and liquor.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Calaveron posted:

It ain't that bad, though Jesus Christ the selfie threads are emberassing 2-week affairs full of "LOOK AT ME, A SELFIE A DAY"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JoshTheStampede posted:

I forgot SA had a weird pocket of people who think grown ups can only drink water and liquor.

"In many ways, that professionalism is what led him to where he is right now: a partner in Portland Soda Works, which produces soda syrups for bartenders and stay-at-home drinkers looking for just the right blend of flavors to mix with spirits or plain old soda water."

I don't know if that's the writer or the soda people saying that, but it sounds like drinking this stuff with booze is not verboten.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

when the calories are empty you can pack'em with flavor

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

JoshTheStampede posted:

Oh.... oh god. You fool! You've summoned them! They'll be here any minute, swarming and telling everyone what they think about soda, and ketchup. and foreskins, and what big, mature adults they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
don't forget butt-wiping and weathervanes