Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

being able to ride yoshi in a 3d mario... this is everything I dreamed of since i was a kid and mario 64 came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's great that it follows in SMW footsteps and gives you Yoshi in the very first level

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gusty Galaxy or w/e it's called has the best music, but all of the music in the game is great.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
pretty much everything super mario galaxy is perfect

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm gonna go play Galaxy when I get home tonight, thanks imps.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

this is a pro-read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Mario_Galaxy#Music

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe I will play galaxy then. I tried the water squirting mario game a while back and I thought it was really dumb, and honestly I never liked mario 64 very much. But super mario 3D world came with my wiiu and that game blew me away, it's so good. I agree with the flagpole liker guy's post!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I enjoyed both Sunshine and 64, but Galaxy is the best, in my opinion.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ralp posted:

Maybe I will play galaxy then. I tried the water squirting mario game a while back and I thought it was really dumb, and honestly I never liked mario 64 very much. But super mario 3D world came with my wiiu and that game blew me away, it's so good. I agree with the flagpole liker guy's post!!

3D world is the same team that made Galaxy and Galaxy 2. Enjoy

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I didn't realize a subtle nod to the flagpole would be an edgy post! I mean aside from the platforming elements, there's not much else to take from the 1st SMB, since it's such a simple game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I have to go back to Mario Galaxy and get all the stupid comets, which appear to be completely random so that's cool. I want to play Luigi.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have to go back to Mario Galaxy and get all the stupid comets, which appear to be completely random so that's cool. I want to play Luigi.

There's always at least one available until you get them all IIRC, though.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

elf help book posted:

i never got used to the camera and still will just jump into the background and die sometimes

Yeah, as someone thats beaten all the levels with all the characters and gotten all the stars etc, its sometimes hard to judge when you're in the background vs foreground.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ive just spent three hours playing Galaxy

good christ what a wonderful game. thank you Mario team for making it!

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the newer 3D Mario games feel a lot slower to me, idk if they actually are or not- just how it "feels". like i remember bursting into a sprint instantly in Mario 64 and Sunshine but in the newer games he has to like rev up like a car or something, not a fan of it, but it's also the only bad thing I can say about the new 3D marios.

The movement controls kinda suck compared to 64. There's no dive button and a lot of other neat helpful stuff. There's no triple jump in 3d world which is stupid, and the long jump/flip jump barely go any longer/higher than your normal jumps.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Also cat bowser tower is sweet

Its a really crappy autoscroller stage. I hate all the auto scrolling stages.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

I actually avoided the Mario games for a while because of the first NSMB, but 3-D world won me back.

3d land was pretty bad which made me wary of 3d world.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

3d land was pretty bad which made me wary of 3d world.

they both felt about the same for me, that is, pretty good altogether.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i never played Galaxy 2 and probably never will since i refuse to ever turn my Wii on again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i never played Galaxy 2 and probably never will since i refuse to ever turn my Wii on again

You can play it on a Wii u, as well.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

shame, as it is quite good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

There's always at least one available until you get them all IIRC, though.

Ok cool I will be more patient when I get back to it, after I complete ... the 120 Star Challenge.

Still doing the 96 Exit Challenge first though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Ok cool I will be more patient when I get back to it, after I complete ... the 120 Star Challenge.

Still doing the 96 Exit Challenge first though.

I'm doing 96 Exit Challenge as well, just did my 30th gate I believe.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm doing 96 Exit Challenge as well, just did my 30th gate I believe.

I'm at 83 :cool:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Cheese Bridge secret exit was trickier than I remember it being

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Most gamers last secret exit

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

[me age <10, watching the credits]: torpedo teds?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

that's the one where you fly under the goal, yeah?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grass Effect posted:

that's the one where you fly under the goal, yeah?

Yeah, and the only room to get speed for flying is before all the buzz saws so you have to fly over all that stuff and time your dive bomb to swing under the fake goal. It's cool, and soda lake is no joke either.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Beat Ludwig's Castle #4, 47 exits down.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

qnqnx posted:

[me age <10, watching the credits]: torpedo teds?

yeah!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Yeah, and the only room to get speed for flying is before all the buzz saws so you have to fly over all that stuff and time your dive bomb to swing under the fake goal. It's cool, and soda lake is no joke either.

I did it by sacrificing a Yoshi :getin:

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

wow you are a dumb rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would never sacrifice Yoshi like that.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I would never sacrifice Yoshi like that.

It is pretty hosed up that the video uses a blue one.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

codenameFANGIO posted:

The blue one was the best one too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Its some hosed up romhack too with different sounds.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You can play it on a Wii u, as well.

that's good to hear. now if a lurker would be so kind as to send me a WiiU i'd be in business.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Super Mario 64 would be the perfect game if it didn't have those 100 coin stars. That concludes my Super Mario 64 review.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

cloofish posted:

Super Mario 64 would be the perfect game if it didn't have those 100 coin stars. That concludes my Super Mario 64 review.

This concludes me not giving a poo poo what you think, rear end clown.

• Locked thread