Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

i really thought there was no way, they could mess up etrian odyssey gameplay with a persona coat of paint.

thank goodness that was correct and it wasn't messed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The_Frag_Man posted:

thank goodness that was correct and it wasn't messed up

It was complete rear end

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Ok, I'm pretty sure Female Tico is voiced by Danielle Judovitz, who also voiced Estelle in Tales of Vesperia, Devola and Popola in NieR, Accord in Drakengard 3 and Sumia in Fire Emblem Awakening, among other things.

Female Tico's voice actress has so much goddamn fun with her dialogue that it makes me almost like the stupid character

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

break record is like 60$ in canada, so that's not happening

HahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA :negative:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

i really thought there was no way, they could mess up etrian odyssey gameplay with a persona coat of paint.

:smith:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The new story in Record Breaker is Daichi's ending and I'm loving having dialogue options acting like the MC still remembers. If you chose to start from the second game you begin at LV21 and then get a menu prompt for what stats you valued. It just jumps right back in after the original story.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Cake Attack posted:

There's no way, they can mess up Project Diva gameplay with a Persona coat of paint.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

projecthalaxy posted:

There's no way, they can mess up Project Diva gameplay with a Persona coat of paint.

You're goddamn right

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They'll find a way.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

How do I want to level my stats in DeSu2? I read the first little bit of an lp here that went into it but I don't remember what they said.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Magic is good because it gives you an excuse to use jungo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

pump magic or strength, ignore the other offensive stat, do whatever with agility and vitality as long as they're a secondary priority next to the offensive stat, i generally keep them even and about half

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

littleorv posted:

How do I want to level my stats in DeSu2? I read the first little bit of an lp here that went into it but I don't remember what they said.

Invest it all-in on magic. You can also invest in agility/strength but honestly magic is better for a first playthrough, it gets going faster and there are multiple characters who have strength/agility focused builds.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Every character in Persona 5 should be voiced by Keith David.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks guys.

Just saw Io for the first time and lol

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

littleorv posted:

Thanks guys.

Just saw Io for the first time and lol

Things go tits up fast

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Ruggington posted:

Things go tits up fast

Hahaha

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I saw somewhere that the derpy lines were removed, but I'm finding otherwise.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I wonder if Io's knockers reduce her movement like Yuzu's yoohoos?

Edit: Holy poo poo that is one evil looking cop lol

littleorv fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 6, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

I saw somewhere that the derpy lines were removed, but I'm finding otherwise.

Hahaha, if someone said that they're wrong.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The fate levels are going up rather fast. The first battle leveled up one with both Daichi and Io, then mentioning Operation Cardboard Box got me up to Level 2 with IO already.

It looks like the base elemental skills and dances are available from the start. Multi-hit and Beserk are also in there.

littleorv posted:

Police were evil in the first game and the appearance is just :effort:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

If you stay awake a bit longer you'll start having microsleeps and seeing things, like cool demons or waifus. So stay up.

I hope this is the summoning procedure in Persona 5.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
good morning

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I kind of want a movie or TV show based on Devil Survivor just so I could see people freaking out looking at their numbers and poo poo.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

MrAristocrates posted:

You're goddamn right

thank you for believing

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

littleorv posted:

The reused NPC assets from the first game stand out so much, the cops being the worst.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wonder who will have amnesia this time in DAN. You'd think it'd be Kanami or whatever her name is, but you never know.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

seriously though, DAN should be good for what it is, it seems hard to break the formula of "put costume on person, tap to dance to Persona song"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They got Sega to get them the Dingo hookup for DAN so the people who fixed Project DIVA should be able to make something decent out of this.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Female Tico's voice actress has so much goddamn fun with her dialogue that it makes me almost like the stupid character

The voice acting makes me like female Tico a whole lot more even if the way she says Po-lah-ris physically pains me. Have a nice laaaaa!

e: Haha, there's a jab at the Japanese pronunciation of Nicaea.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 6, 2015

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

So I take it Persona Q was bad? I was considering getting it but I saw the chat at the top of the page :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

So I take it Persona Q was bad? I was considering getting it but I saw the chat at the top of the page :(

Take EO, then take away all the fun stuff minus map making and add Persona stuff. That is PersonaQ

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It's aight

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

It's OK. just kinda OK. It seems the writers had half a post-it for each character, and wrote 30 hours of dialog out of it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's no Citizen Kane that's for sure.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's not like overtly terrible or anything, it's just not very compelling in its own right. The best ways to play it are to cheese the entire game by using Naoto so you barely ever have to do anything.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I only play Citizen Kane's of Video Games so guess I'll get smt4 instead

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I only play Citizen Kane's of Video Games so guess I'll get smt4 instead

*nods sagely

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I thought Persona Q would get me to actually finish an EO game but I was proved wrong. You have to really like the first person dungeon exploration. Gameplay eventually gets repetitive and the story is linear with no real chance for variance. Eventually you're wandering around to level up or find items with very little payoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I did 2 battles in DeSu 2 and I'll provide my thoughts.

-the music is pretty great.
-the dub voices are pretty good from what I've heard so far.
-lol Io's tits are worse than Yuzu's somehow
-the reused evil cop asset is hilarious

All in all a pretty solid experience so far.