Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Oh man ctv didn't show a preview :(

Thanks for the Kara Bobbi clarifications. That explains the subtext with Gemma and Kara s convo tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Now aren't you glad you weren't chosen to be the liaison, Coulson?

Coulson probably would've seen through it since he's more familiar with the diviner and crystals.

I hope each season finale is Ward thoroughly getting his rear end kicked and captured, too. This time it'll be Hunter.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Codependent Poster posted:

Coulson probably would've seen through it since he's more familiar with the diviner and crystals.

Also would probably have been willing to bend on the whole Index thing, more of a "establish a good working relationship with you and your people".

Still dodged a bullet, if Jianyang was dead set on starting a war.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope each season finale is Ward thoroughly getting his rear end kicked and captured, too. This time it'll be Hunter.

Plus it might not even work on him since he already has Kree blood in his system.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

twistedmentat posted:

Man, I so hope the finale has some crazy guest star.

Captain America shows up and makes sure that Shield does poo poo the right way, while using raw charisma to make the Inhumans stand down.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NowonSA posted:

Captain America shows up and makes sure that Shield does poo poo the right way, while using raw charisma to make the Inhumans stand down.

Chris Evans is too busy constantly filming Marvel movies.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

muscles like this? posted:

Chris Evans is too busy constantly filming Marvel movies.

Hey, I'm just hoping for a crazy guest star just like twisted is. Cap would be one of the craziest both in universe and from an actor availability point of view.

And yeah, I agree that if Coulson were there he would have found a way to de-escalate the situation. He might be immune to diviner dust, he's much more important to Skye so Jiayang may have hestiated to kill him, he'd know what's up with the crystal right away and take some sort of action when he sees it rather than just sit there, and he'd be more flexible and understanding toward the Inhumans.

We'll never know now, and I can't entirely discount the possibility that if Coulson had gone he's a lot of dust right now, but that's my view of how it would have gone down.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Welp. That was loving great! #RainaWasRight

Also, something I noticed:

When Bobbi is talking to May, and tells her that Mack quit, it's just them in the plane. Later, when Gonzales asks Weaver for the "insurance policy", the camera focuses on the cockpit, and you see May and Bobbi, with an out of focus Gonzales in the background. Then, when we find out May is Agent 33, it's just them, and it's just May on the plane with Gonzales and co.

I think they screwed up on the editing there...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I can't wait for the cut back to that Quinn Jet with blood splattered all over the walls as Cal cheerfully walks out

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
HAH! GOons gon' goon. It actually was a helicarrier.

They really were building up to that though by acquiring the quinjets. Can't just keep those in any old garage.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
As a flight attendant I got a good laugh from "Skymall... may you never go out of business *One Year Ago*" to start the episode.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Timett posted:

As a flight attendant I got a good laugh from "Skymall... may you never go out of business *One Year Ago*" to start the episode.

Oh poo poo I didn't even get this joke until you made me look it up just now. Haha

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The helicarrier thing was, not surprisingly, really dumb and falls really flat. Strong episode, though, can't believe people want to ruin it by having some useless cameo parading around the finale.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Psyche-magnetron, somehow?
Please please please. If they don't get an A list movie actress for Carol, they could introduce her on SHIELD. Hell, she could work for Talbot as a liaison with SHIELD.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Sorry Skye, turns out your Mom is at least as crazy as your dad.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Dan Didio posted:

The helicarrier thing was, not surprisingly, really dumb and falls really flat. Strong episode, though, can't believe people want to ruin it by having some useless cameo parading around the finale.

I'd rather have a meaningful cameo! They used Sam Jackson pretty well last year. They've put together an incredibly strong season so far. If there is a cameo at all I have no reason to doubt it will be awesome at this point.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gaussian posted:

Please please please. If they don't get an A list movie actress for Carol, they could introduce her on SHIELD. Hell, she could work for Talbot as a liaison with SHIELD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tvoiArku4

Timett posted:

I'd rather have a meaningful cameo! They used Sam Jackson pretty well last year. They've put together an incredibly strong season so far. If there is a cameo at all I have no reason to doubt it will be awesome at this point.

The show can either stand on it's own or it can't at this point. None of the cameos have really been meaningful to either ABC or Marvel Studios, so why keep doing them. Note that all of the good parts of this season have had nothing to do with cross-overs or tie-ins.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The Sif episode was good. :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Helicarrier makes sense, even if it was kind of a letdown reveal.

:laffo: Raina wasn't lying for once in her life.

I do hope Jaiying's actions get them all killed. gently caress the Inhumans. :colbert:

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

PunkBoy posted:

The Sif episode was good. :colbert:

I literally forgot it even happened. It was okay, I'll give you that, but it's a stark contrast to the first season, where the Sif episode was really good, mostly by default. The show doesn't need to be that anymore and arguably has missed it's window. It's doing far, far better in the episodes where it focuses on it's own thing and just strives to be a television show.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Helicarrier makes sense, even if it was kind of a letdown reveal.

:laffo: Raina wasn't lying for once in her life.

I do hope Jaiying's actions get them all killed. gently caress the Inhumans. :colbert:

I kinda hope if Gordon turns good they get rid of Jaiying by having him teleport into the mouth of a volcano.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dan Didio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4tvoiArku4

The show can either stand on it's own or it can't at this point. None of the cameos have really been meaningful to either ABC or Marvel Studios, so why keep doing them. Note that all of the good parts of this season have had nothing to do with cross-overs or tie-ins.

Peggy Carter cameos are pretty important to this season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Didn't they say Coulson also purchased a bunch of cots or something too?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Peggy Cater is also a TV character at this point.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Peggy Carter cameos are pretty important to this season.

I disagree that she had to be and think that episode was largely a waste of time. It could have been done a lot better.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ You know besides capturing Whitehall and finding the diviner.

greatn posted:

Peggy Cater is also a TV character at this point.

When she appeared she had only been in two movies, and also has appeared in the movie that just came out.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Timett posted:

Oh god, I didn't get that until you said it. That's loving hilarious. :vince:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
And, you know, all the other brilliant things in this episode. Holy poo poo.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Aphrodite posted:

Didn't they say Coulson also purchased a bunch of cots or something too?

I'm sure the helicarrier houses a lot of people. My brother is stationed on a large boat with the Coast Guard and they will go out for months at a time. People gotta sleep on something. I imagine it's much the same for a giant flying aircraft carrier except even more so.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 6, 2015

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

^^ You know besides capturing Whitehall and finding the diviner

Peggy Carter isn't a real person, the writers could have easily had someone/something else do that, not wasted time on setting up and exploring characters that would cease to be relevant immediately after with the only benefit being that some people would get nerd chubs and they'd be able to advertise another show.

Kesper North posted:

And, you know, all the other brilliant things in this episode. Holy poo poo.

They've really brought me around on a lot of the worse characters, who've mostly been spinning their figurative wheels this season.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

^^ You know besides capturing Whitehall and finding the diviner.

When she appeared she had only been in two movies, and also has appeared in the movie that just came out.

One of those was as an old woman cameo in a scene that probably should have been cut, and the other was like a ten second dream sequence.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Peggy Carter isn't a real person, the writers could have easily had someone/something else do that, not wasted time on setting up and exploring characters that would cease to be relevant immediately after with the only benefit being that some people would get nerd chubs and they'd be able to advertise another show.

Except they already set it up that she helped to create Shield, and the scene with her in Winter Soldier was important as it was showing that he had no real connection with the current day.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Except they already set it up that she helped to create Shield, and the scene with her in Winter Soldier was important as it was showing that he had no real connection with the current day.

I'm not talking about Winter Soldier. The S.H.I.E.L.D. that Carter helped set up was destroyed last season, so she's completely irrelevant to this ongoing show in any tangible, connective way.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The smithsonian scene was perfectly sufficient for that.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
So Bobbi sold out Kara's safehouse, right?

Amazing episode. I love how so much of what happened in this episode ties back into the Whitehall subplot from earlier this year, which I was worried the show had dismissed completely. Makes the structure fan in me very, very happy.

Spent a lot of time worried that Simmons had done something to Skye's hula girl, though she'd probably have just bugged it at worst. Interested to see where that's going. There's no way she's going to be siding with the inhumans.

Love that they confirmed that Gonzalez was actually honest the entire time.

Wonder if, should they actually lose Bobbi and Hunter to the spin-off, bring Agent Weaver in as a full-time agent. I quite like her, honestly.

Neither of Skye's parents are walking away from this finale, probably. How great would it be if this is what gets Skye to permanently change her name to Daisy? "Come back to SHIELD Skye, we're sorry we killed your parents." "gently caress you, that's not my name."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

Neither of Skye's parents are walking away from this finale, probably. How great would it be if this is what gets Skye to permanently change her name to Daisy? "Come back to SHIELD Skye, we're sorry we killed your parents." "gently caress you, that's not my name."

I assume that she is going to be the one to do the deed.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I hope it's Ward.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume that she is going to be the one to do the deed.

If nothing else I could see her being the one who puts Cal down, if he does end up dying.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Really thought for a second there Gonzalez was gonna kill SkyeMom and she was going to crush him into a singularity. Now it might be May instead. Hopefully Cal took enough MuscleMilk to turn into an enormous green rage monster. Also thought for a second there that Ward headshot Bobbi right off the show but it was an icer thank god but unloading your mag into someone seems like an overdose. Adrianne Paliki is way too cool for The Departed treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skye isn't going to go against Coulson. She's going to see that her real parents aren't good people, while her surrogate father is.

It might even come down to a CHOOOOOSE thing between her parents and Coulson and we know who she'd side with on that.

• Locked thread